Options

*** Wrigley 2 Chicago, IL Fanviews Here 8/22/16 ***

Comments

• Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,300
    I had a lot of fun at these shows. Great set lists, people, and atmosphere around Wrigley.

Thanks to Chicago for a fun weekend of music.
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    unikunkaunikunka Posts: 87
    robbie said:

unikunka said:

Absolutely amazing. Was 4th row dead center in front of Ed.

The guy who got kicked out was a huge jackass. Early in the night he started shoving a few people. The guy was drunk and his wife/girlfriend got in his face and they were screaming at each other. Nobody knew what was going on but the wife was trying to basically say "you're drunk calm down". A couple of people told him the same and he started pushing again and we called over security. He didn't get booted but he got a stern warning and then started to behave. BTW this was early during Betterman.

Then what happened during Lukin was two-fold -- a girl flat out passed out in about the 8th row. A guy grabbed her and started heading to the rail. Everyone else immediately started clearing the way and helping. The girl was out cold and it was sorta scary. We all started shouting for help but then the guy carrying the girl got to the asshole from before and the asshole probably thought he was getting pushed and turned around and started going fucking crazy. We were all like "dude this girl is passed out" and he sorta calmed down and the girl for over the rail but by that time the song stopped and he was still pushing/jawing and everyone around him was like "you gotta go". So Ed booted him. The girl who was passed out came to as she went over the rail and seemed ok so that's what ed's comment was about but they were actually total separate incidents.

Funniest part was assholes wife had to follow him out over the rail looking pissed cause the guy was an ass. There was another incident where he had gone for beers he didn't need mid-show and was jawing at people on the way back when he was shoving his way back up.

Guy was a jerk but everyone else in the pit was solid and there was great energy all night.

You had to be right next to me. I was the guy he was shoving and trying to fight during betterman. This guy was not a good drunk. Who can even thonk about fighting when you are 3rd from the rail for Pearl Jam at Wrigley???? I was in WAY to good of a mood to let it bother me, but i felt embarrassed for his wife. Show was OUTSTANDING.
    Yeah dude. It's me the guy who wrote 12 Rounds! Great show my man and great show on the line. See ya down the road.
  • Options
    BreatheBreathe Posts: 67
    The best show Ive been to was Pearl Jam at Soldier Field, this show was at that level for me. Just awesome all around.
    My eyes have seen you
    Let them photograph your soul
    Memorize your alleys
    On an endless roll- J Morrison
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    What a show. Thank you Pearl Jam. Exhausted from show and 4 hour drive and train ride home. Thank you 10c for great seats sec 31 row 1 right behind third base dugout. So many emotions. Finally got Footsteps and Crazy Mary. Boom was on fire. Wrigley was so magical. Only thing missing for me was my wife being by my side. She had to work. Than you again. Rodman carrying Eddie. Awesome. Got merch inside Wrigley quickly. I can't even think!!!! Still need to soak this in.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    Awesome show, but all you people in the pit sucked, never been around so many ass holes. Zero respect for others. Sorry if I blocked your view for a second or wanted to get closer for a few songs. Get ahold of yourselves no reason to get so shitty. You all suck
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    Lestat997 said:

Awesome show, but all you people in the pit sucked, never been around so many ass holes. Zero respect for others. Sorry if I blocked your view for a second or wanted to get closer for a few songs. Get ahold of yourselves no reason to get so shitty. You all suck

That was a little harsh.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    and we may never meet again....

doesnt get any better than last night. for me, the most emotional show i have ever experienced. my mind is fucked.

we're all allowed to dream of the next time we touch. please stand by the shore, i will be there once more....

• Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439

Lestat997 said:

That was a little harsh.
    Yep. People in the pit around me were cool. Only the occasional a$$holes struggling to get in and out for more beer. Good time
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,954
    Lestat997 said:

Excuse me Sir but it might be you that sucks. Why would you block peoples view? Why shove others out of their space for your own benefit? Please give us a break.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    Would have loved to have been in a reserved seat last night because it sounds like an incredible show, but gotta say... if I could only do 1 show, and I was only able to do 1, I'm SO GLAD it was Fenway 2: Reserved seats all the way to the first row, so short little me could be that close and everyone was awesome and there was no chaos. I do understand there is good electricity in the GA pit as well as the bad chaos, but sounds like last night was my GA nightmare and it would have ruined the show for me, because again I'm short and I probably would have had to retreat to further back.

It's all good, sounds like you guys got a tremendous show! And... I'm really good with our amazing viewpoint for Fenway 2. Thanks PJ & 10Club!
  • Options
    shmapshmap Posts: 359
    JH6056 said:

I do understand there is good electricity in the GA pit as well as the bad chaos, but sounds like last night was my GA nightmare and it would have ruined the show for me, because again I'm short and I probably would have had to retreat to further back.

I'm 5'3" - I'd say that were six or seven women around me all under 5'6" - and everyone in our area was awesome. Didn't once have an issue, except when I misunderstood the giant push off to the right of us.

• Options
    JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    shmap said:

JH6056 said:

I do understand there is good electricity in the GA pit as well as the bad chaos, but sounds like last night was my GA nightmare and it would have ruined the show for me, because again I'm short and I probably would have had to retreat to further back.

I'm 5'3" - I'd say that were six or seven women around me all under 5'6" - and everyone in our area was awesome. Didn't once have an issue, except when I misunderstood the giant push off to the right of us.

That is awesome, you all would have been my tribe! But odds are I would not have been standing with you, and instead would have been with the moshing 7ft linebacker dudes... Murphy's Law and all... :)
  • Options
    unikunkaunikunka Posts: 87
    Lestat997 said:

You wanna be closer get in line earlier.
  • Options
    The best way to describe Wrigley 2 is this: Wrigley 1 on Saturday was a party and Wrigley 2 on Monday was a rock show. Totally different vibe everywhere. People were there for a concert and not just a good time. The band got after it. Eddie sounded as good as he has in a decade on some of those early set rockers. The pace was fantastic. The riffs were gritty and angry at times. Just a flippin great rock and roll show last night.

Personally I finally completed Ten by hearing Oceans at my 17th show so that was pretty cool. My buddy's first time hearing Footsteps was great to see. Really cool hearing I've Got a Feeling live. I've listened to that old Ten era recording so many times. Definitely makes me wish I had sold some of my memorabilia a few months back and put the money towards a trip to see Temple of the Dog.

I oddly want to thank the folks that lined up for hours for merch. It was finally my breaking point. I just came for the shows. It was about the music 100% again. It refreshed me for sure. Great times.
    Oct 00 - East Troy aka The Ice Bowl
    Apr 03 - Champaign
    Jun 03 - East Troy
    May 06 - Chicago
    Jun 06 - Summerfest 1 & 2
    Aug 09 - Chicago 1 & 2
    May 10 - Noblesville
    Sept 11 - PJ20 1 & 2
    July 13 - Wrigley
    Oct 13 - Pittsburgh
    Oct 14 - Moline & Milwaukee
    Aug 16 - Wrigley 1 & 2
  • Options
    elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Absolutely awesome! I still have no words...
    Second row in the GA, Stone's side, behind the Italian group who got Ed's signature on the tambourine during YLB. Great job Giorgio!
    We met a lot of cool people (if you are reading: Melissa & Lindsay from southern Ontario, Ross & Melissa and the woman right behind me who was in Milan in 2014 - so sorry I forgot your name...). We took good care of each other and the night has been amazing!
    Setlist was insane. The energy was so high.
    My first time Oceans...
    Blood was sick! My husband and I started thinking about it on Saturday, considering how good Ed was singing.
    Spending a lot oh hours in the GA line was worth it (hello to my line friends too: Valerie, Annie and Sheila and their husbands - Valerie if you know the "Evenbos thing" maybe you'll read this!).
    What a night.
    What a band!
    Ballparks tour is now over, we had four unforgettable nights.
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,750
    I'm still getting chills a day later. It was just ... there are no words.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Not everyone, but most
  • Options
    pjdwyerpjdwyer Posts: 1
    Really glad I decided to go both nights. I wold have felt really bad about missing this one. I was on the fence until yesterday at about noon, then saw a great deal on craigslist from a 10c member with an extra who sold me it for FV. what a guy. Eric, if yo'ure on here: thanks again man.
  • Options
    PNuttyJamPNuttyJam Posts: 837
    pjman75 said:

stlhawk said:

whoa... speechless... Thank u PJ and 10C.

This. Nothing more available in my melted brain at this time. Thank you Section 34 for being the most fun fans I've ever seen a show with. To be continued...
    Section 34 for the win! My voice may not come back until next week. My apologies to those around me for calling loudly for a rocker after MOTH and getting Last Kiss. I've never so many fans so disappointed to hear a song. ;) But then they certainly brought it after that though because Got Some through Blood were just absolute fire!

Rather convenient that Mind Your Manners was next on the setlist after Ed had to kick out the asshole during Lukin.

I got to take my dad to his first PJ show on Saturday. He is a veteran of many, many concerts. I kept telling him how a PJ show is different. He gets it now. "It's like going to church with the coolest fucking preacher on the planet...and the choir is incredible."
    Mesa I - 11/93 * Toledo - 9/96 * Chicago - 6/98 * St Louis - 7/98 * Indy - 8/98 * St Louis & San Diego - 10/00 * Mt View II - 10/01 * Irvine I & II, San Diego - 6/03 * Chicago I - 5/06 * San Diego & SF III - 7/06 * Lolla - 8/07 * EV Chicago - 8/08 * Chicago I & II - 8/09 * Kansas City & Indy - 5/10 * PJ20 X2 - 9/11 * Atlanta 9/12 * Wrigley Field 7/13 * Moline & Milwaukee 10/14 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/16 * Wrigley Field I & II 8/18 * Ohana Encore I & II 10/21 * EV & The Earthlings Chicago II 2/22
    Won the lottery PJ20 Night 1 - Front Row in front of Jeff - Forever grateful to Ten Club
    ***I wanna live my life with the volume full***
  • Options
    KV4053KV4053 Mike's side, crushed up against the stage Posts: 1,439
    Ed was wild-eyed from the beginning. Angry Eddie always makes for a great show.
    I know I was born and I know that I'll die. The in between is mine.
  • Options
    swany24swany24 Posts: 52
    Amazing show! Out of 15 PJ shows, that was the best in my opinion, and I have loved all of them. The top thing was I finally got to hear Footsteps. Instant tears in my eyes. The only bad thing was the a-hole interrupting Lukin. The song's only a minute long, he couldn't not be an a-hole for a minute?
  • Options
    PJM3333PJM3333 Chicago Posts: 291

I'm still getting chills a day later. It was just ... there are no words.

Yep - The crowd was amazing. I was 12 rows up on the 3rd base side and to look over the audience was incredible. We sang every note. Crossed Oceans off my list finally. Footsteps - phew. This one is definitely up there.

Such a great fuckin weekend of shows with PJ - Wilco - PJ. Back to reality and work! All good things must come to an end!
    2000-Chicago
    2003-Chicago, East Troy
    2006-Chicago, Cleveland
    2009-Chicago
    2011-PJ20 1, PJ20 2
    2013-Wrigley
    2014-Moline, Milwaukee
    2016-Lexington, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2018-Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    Lars are you on the boards?? Are you ok??? Did you need a medic?? Haha jk
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122

Lestat997 said:

Excuse me Sir but it might be you that sucks. Why would you block peoples view? Why shove others out of their space for your own benefit? Please give us a break.
    The meat head mentality that other people are a-holes because they don't let you push their way in front of them is why I avoid GA.
  • Options
    heikegheikeg Posts: 11
    Flew from Cape Town to chicago - 2 shows, 3 days - well worth it. Thanks to the great fans that made it special
    Berlin 06-04-2012; MIA 09-02-2012; Lollapalooza Brazil 03-31-2013; El festival Mas Grande BA 01-03-2013; Lollapalooza Chile 04-06-2013, Milton Keynes 07-11-2014
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2016
    What a killer show!!!! After all 4 Baseball Shows, they certainly saved the best for last!

What an amazing two weekends these shows have been :D
  • Options
    thor2265thor2265 Rockford Illinois Posts: 13
    What a great birthday weekend! Thanks PJ and 10C. Two outstanding shows. Night 2 was definitely the better of the two, however Mike stole night 1. I have seen all the great guitar players in my years of concert going and from Wrigley Field I have now witnessed two of the most incredible guitar playing...Mike with Masters of War and Tom Morello with Bruce Springsteen doing The Ghost of Tom Joad. They are moments I will never forget.
    THOR2265

Chicago 05/16/06
    Chicago 08/24/09
    Alpine Valley 09/04/11
    Wrigley Field 07/19/13, Charlottesville 10/29/13
    Memphis 10/14/14, Moline 10/17/14
    Wrigley Field 08/20/16 & 08/22/16
    Mother Love Bone Rockford Endless Nights Bar 04/89
    EV Louisville 09/23/17
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    That was a very strange setlist. The unusual placement of some songs was disorienting in terms of the passage of time-- footsteps second, but especially even flow in the encore, It sort of felt like there were two main sets. Seemed like a lot of jamming. Sounded amazing.
  • Options
    aghaniaghani Posts: 6
    All I can say is that it was a pleasure to be in the building. The joy and catharsis among the crowd was truly special. 45,000 people singing their hearts out, people of many shapes, sizes, and colors. Times are weird and tough and it can make you cynical, I personally needed that uplift yesterday. This was like a massive bearhug among a stadium full of people. We didn't want to leave. I could have stayed for another 3 hours. It was a bonding moment for me and my wife and friends, and was just a cathertic and loving atmosphere. I'm sure everyone can attest to the feeling in the air and in the building last night. There was just this undescribable feeling of community and love and bonding. I don't want to forget it. I'll come back and do a more detailed review of both nights but I just wanted to get my thoughts down. Night 1 had some emotional peaks that can't be surpassed and Night 2 was a totally different animal with a non-stop avalanche of rockers, ballads, and bangers that immediately whipped the crowd into a delirious frenzy that sustained us the whole show. I am so proud to be a fan of this band and a part of this community.
  • Options
    ladydocNYCladydocNYC Posts: 635
    Didn't Ed say something at the end about us (the fans) being not just the engine (was that the word?) but the fuel that at times has kept the band going? Anybody else rent that?