VIC SHOW!!! Just scored Tickets from 10C Waiting List

Comments

• CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    LongGone wrote:
    Just got my confirmation!!!!
    do u by any chance know what time u were put on the wait list?
    I'm just trying to keep hopeful over here:)
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    the wait list selection might be totally random. since it was open such a short period of time, random rather than first come first serve doesnt semm like a big deal.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    I tried to get on the waiting list but it was closed by the time I found out about it. My brother DID get on the list though. Now we are just waiting by the e-mail to see if he get to be one of the lucky ones. This is wild...went from bummed out to HOPEFUL.
  • leedog0leedog0 Posts: 152
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    JenD -- got the e-mail at 2:00 PM Pacific time today regarding the tickets... I'm still in shock! Anyway, please PM me if interested. I will make a decision tonight by around midnight pacific time.

I don't think i would like to be in your shoes - trying to make that decision on who to take.

Good Luck
    8/26/98 - 9/2/00 - 4/28/03 - 7/5/03 - 7/6/03 - 10/3/05 - 5/22/06 - 5/27/06 - 5/28/06 - 6/1/06 - 6/3/06 - 6/24/06 - 7/7/06 - 7/9/06 - 7/10/06 - 8/5/07 - 6/19/08 - 6/20/08 - 6/22/08 - 6/24/08 - 6/25/08 - 8/21/09 - 8/23/09 - 8/24/09 - 10/27/09 - 10/28/09 - 10/30/09 - 10/31/09 - 5/6/10 - 5/7/10 - 5/9/10 - 5/20/10 - 5/21/10 - 9/3/11 - 9/4/11 - 9/2/12 - 7/19/13 - 10/11/13 - 10/18/13 - 10/19/13 - 10/21/13 - 10/22/13 - 4/28/16 - 4/29/16 - 8/20/18 - 4/7/18
    Ed Ved Solo:
    4-10-08 / 4-12-08 / 4-13-08 / 8-16-08 / 6-11-09 / 6-12-09 / 6-14-09 / 6-25-11
    It Makes Much More Sense.........To Live in the Present Tense.
  • jlew24asujlew24asu Posts: 10,118
    78FLH wrote:
    I tried to get on the waiting list but it was closed by the time I found out about it. My brother DID get on the list though. Now we are just waiting by the e-mail to see if he get to be one of the lucky ones. This is wild...went from bummed out to HOPEFUL.

yea its been a crazy few days.
  • Dreamfire2Dreamfire2 Posts: 161
    This waiting list thing is mind boggling to me. I didn't complain about the original sale and kept trying the link and now find that if I had complained I might get tickets?

Answer me this? Should not every person on the board complain or flood 10c with email next time?

I'm happy for the people who are now scoring these tickets but whereas the original sale was fair but disappointing the waiting list in in my opinion just downright ridiculous.
    lowlight10 wrote:
    the wait list selection might be totally random. since it was open such a short period of time, random rather than first come first serve doesnt semm like a big deal.
    that's a good point...I didn't think of it that way.
    hey I'll take any chance I can get.
  • LongGoneLongGone Posts: 44
    Did they catch the scalpers by any chance? Is that how these tickets became available? I hope the scalpers got caught!!
    "This time I'm Gone.... Long Gone..."
    LongGone wrote:
    Did they catch the scalpers by any chance? Is that how these tickets became available? I hope the scalpers got caught!!
    I sent 2 links to 10 club earlier today that I found....http://www.ticketluck.com/ResultsTicket.php?evtid=648588
    http://tickets.travelape.com/performances/concert/pearl_jam/il/chicago/vic_theatre/02_08_2007-7:00_pm.html
    but it seems they are both still up and running.
    So who knows what these tickets are from.
    I'm just happy people that got shut out are getting to go!
  • 78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    Carzy isn't the wrod for it.
    I have been going to the PJ site several times a day and clicking on the tickets, just in case something might show up. I was online the day they went on sale and even had a buy button pop up but it didn't work when I clicked on it. Now I have to go to work and wait to hear if we got lucky.
    Actually lucky would be a major understatement.
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I first heard about it here http://forums.pearljam.com/showthrea...=251879&page=2 . Obviously since this show is so small, no one wanted to make a thread about it. Seems like the folks that realized this got on the list (myself included) I sent the 10c a nice email inquiring about it? They put me on. Not much else I can really do at this point. I've been trying to find tickets to this show like no other. I finally realized that a week ago I was alot more sane than I am right now. I'm not gonna let this ruin my weekend. I'm seeing PJ on Sunday night and I've seen them 10 times before this weekend. It won't kill me. I'm over even trying to find tickets for the Vic. I just want to hang out with my friends that I bullshit with on here and have a nice vacation in Chicago.

I'm excited that I get to see Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, The Roots, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, etc etc . . . .

Let's all just have fun and party this weekend :D
    NERDS!
  • MasterFramerMasterFramer Posts: 2,268
    I first heard about it here http://forums.pearljam.com/showthrea...=251879&page=2 . Obviously since this show is so small, no one wanted to make a thread about it. Seems like the folks that realized this got on the list (myself included) I sent the 10c a nice email inquiring about it? They put me on. Not much else I can really do at this point. I've been trying to find tickets to this show like no other. I finally realized that a week ago I was alot more sane than I am right now. I'm not gonna let this ruin my weekend. I'm seeing PJ on Sunday night and I've seen them 10 times before this weekend. It won't kill me. I'm over even trying to find tickets for the Vic. I just want to hang out with my friends that I bullshit with on here and have a nice vacation in Chicago.

I'm excited that I get to see Pearl Jam, Ben Harper, The Roots, Kings of Leon, My Morning Jacket, etc etc . . . .

Here Here!!! FUCK THE VIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • memememe Posts: 4,693
    Dreamfire2 wrote:
    This waiting list thing is mind boggling to me. I didn't complain about the original sale and kept trying the link and now find that if I had complained I might get tickets?

Answer me this? Should not every person on the board complain or flood 10c with email next time?

I'm happy for the people who are now scoring these tickets but whereas the original sale was fair but disappointing the waiting list in in my opinion just downright ridiculous.

I'm with you.
    I sent an email the day of the sale, just saying "should we stop trying?", but it bounced back yesterday. I didn't pursue this because there was no general announcement of a waiting list. It does sound like you get rewarded if you pester them. I just can't wait for it to be friday :(
    ... and the will to show I will always be better than before.
  • fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    wait list? nice. real nice.

As a web developer I get alittle ticked off when a little bit of good programming could have leveled the playing field by allowing there to be a waitlist as part of the websites "goods" section.. ya know. when the inventory runs out, you get added to the waitlist or something slick like that. Rather than having to stick around a message board or "be resourceful" or whatever and write the 10C and beg to get on the list. Probably would have been a far more efficient sale for them too.. no being bombarded by emails. (by the way, next tour, look out for the emails.. its not going to be pretty now that this cat is out of the bag).

All that said, I am over not getting tickets. I mean, I REALLY want them, but, Ill see you all at Lolla, and we are all so damn lucky to be seeing the band at all.

10C/PJ: if you want a better ticketing system contact me. (i wont beg for vic tickets, but might want a free sticker or something :) )

john
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    Just wanted to say that there is hope for those on the waiting list... I just received the following e-mail from the 10Club:

"Hi there.

Good news! We have a pair of tickets that have become available for the Vic Theatre show. All we need from you is your Visa or Mastercard number to manually process the the ticket order.

Once the ticket order is processed, we will send you the official confirmation.

This offer will expire on July 31st at 5pm (24 hours). This deadline is firm. Please respond immediately.

Thanks
    10c staff "

-Even got my confirmation!

Congratulations!
    I bet receiving that email made you jump up and down!!
    Enjoy the show :D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585

I hope you and G have a blast in Chicago! (actually I'm sure you will)
    Lolla will be great and we will all have other opportunities to see them sometime in the future (hopefully not to long).

:D
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
    fraidknot wrote:
    wait list? nice. real nice.

As a web developer I get alittle ticked off when a little bit of good programming could have leveled the playing field by allowing there to be a waitlist as part of the websites "goods" section.. ya know. when the inventory runs out, you get added to the waitlist or something slick like that. Rather than having to stick around a message board or "be resourceful" or whatever and write the 10C and beg to get on the list. Probably would have been a far more efficient sale for them too.. no being bombarded by emails. (by the way, next tour, look out for the emails.. its not going to be pretty now that this cat is out of the bag).

All that said, I am over not getting tickets. I mean, I REALLY want them, but, Ill see you all at Lolla, and we are all so damn lucky to be seeing the band at all.

10C/PJ: if you want a better ticketing system contact me. (i wont beg for vic tickets, but might want a free sticker or something :) )

john

For whatever reason they choose to keep everything "in the fam" which means friend of the band gets to design web page and probably is not the most qualified. We all know they can afford a proper IT staff, at least seasonally when tours and special ticket sales take place but they choose not to. Just hire a someone qualified and make them sign an NDA if its SUCH a big deal to keep it "in the fam". But no the continued incompetence stays.... how can a band be SO good but its management SUCK so bad?
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • PegasusPegasus Posts: 3,754
    bobleash wrote:
    I hate to be an asshole but that waiting list shit is bullshit. What about the people who tried to get tickets several hours after it was temporarily out of stock. Thats why you could not buy tickets when the buy tickets button came up, they gave it to the waitlist people. Thats bs and bush.
    they certainly did not give tickets to people on the list whilst it said 'Temporarily out of stock'...because I scored a pair through the website long after the time those people got on the list (was around 10pm here ..so that's 2pm Pacific time?).

and people moaning about the waiting list...there was one for Wembley (and maybe other shows too), that wasn't advertised either (for obvious reason, they fill it quickly enough without, no point in encouraging 20000 emails/phone calls), yet I didn't hear anyone moaning about that one..
  • fraidknotfraidknot Posts: 38
    For whatever reason they choose to keep everything "in the fam" which means friend of the band gets to design web page and probably is not the most qualified. We all know they can afford a proper IT staff, at least seasonally when tours and special ticket sales take place but they choose not to. Just hire a someone qualified and make them sign an NDA if its SUCH a big deal to keep it "in the fam". But no the continued incompetence stays.... how can a band be SO good but its management SUCK so bad?

So I dont veer too far off topic. Its great that some people got tickets after all, but I am with you on this. there is a HUGE difference between programmnig the backend ordering system to a company like mine, who has a gov't security clearence (meaning we can keep a secret) and could build this stuff in our sleep and allowing an artistic friend of the band do the design. Sure, go crazy with the design but let a pro do the backend so it works with the unique 10C way of doing things :)

I just dont think they know how big a mistake setting this precedent for the vic.
  • use ticketmaster for all I care...I was just pissed that I didnt even get a chance to get tickets...I can handle not getting them if at the time they went on sale I had a chance but like most people the ticket icon never came up
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
    use ticketmaster for all I care...I was just pissed that I didnt even get a chance to get tickets...I can handle not getting them if at the time they went on sale I had a chance but like most people the ticket icon never came up

I'd pay and extra $10 convenience fee for a fair shot at these tickets...
  • exactly....
    Minneapolis 98,tampa 00, Fargo St Paul 03,Winnipeg Thunder Bay 05,Chicago Denver 06
  • South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I hope you and G have a blast in Chicago! (actually I'm sure you will)
    Lolla will be great and we will all have other opportunities to see them sometime in the future (hopefully not to long).

:D

Thank You! :)

We will do our best to enjoy the weekend, Vic or not.
    NERDS!
  • tplier14tplier14 Posts: 18
    Oh please have this be true!!!!!

I'm on the waiting list and that gives me just the slightest bit of hope!

Congrats!
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    desperately hoping for some good news today.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Just checking in to recongratulate you and send some good energy out there for those of us still on the elusive waiting list. My friend and I still haven't heard and I'm not holding my breath today and tomorrow. Congrats to you, bruinjam33. I wish others would reply that they too were awarded tickets from 10C. You may be the only "golden ticket" holder! Imagine that!!
  • My extra ticket is now officially spoken for... it was quite difficult selecting someone from the over 100 PM's and I am truly sorry I could not select more than one.

Just to confirm, I did NOT accept any extra money. It was great hearing from many true fans and I hope you all somehow score tickets. Maybe we can meet up while we're in line or before/after the show. Thanks again to all who contacted me.
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    In2Deep wrote:
    there was a waiting list?
    don't worry i got rejected form the list also and tried the day of tickets (maybe 2 hours) into the sale. who knew right? i think it was more of a beg-at-the right time first 20 people type of list.
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    bruinjam33 wrote:
    My extra ticket is now officially spoken for... it was quite difficult selecting someone from the over 100 PM's and I am truly sorry I could not select more than one.

Just to confirm, I did NOT accept any extra money. It was great hearing from many true fans and I hope you all somehow score tickets. Maybe we can meet up while we're in line or before/after the show. Thanks again to all who contacted me.

Congrats on the tickets...are you local in the Chicago area?
  • pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    I emailed the 10C, told them my frustration of not knowing about the list until it was too late...
    I just don't get them some times, why hide shit like this, they know it will piss people off...