Car Max?

Anyone ever use this place to buy/sell a car?
Opinions?
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sold my 18-yr-old Acura through them last year. It was in great shape and the payment offered was commensurate with that - very fair (and about ten times more than if I'd traded it at the dealership where I bought my new one).

Excellent service and really smooth, simple process.
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    I bought my truck from the local Carmax back in 2004. Truck is still going strong, although I'm going to be looking to upgrade soon. I think they do a good job vetting the cars that they're going to sell. I've known a couple of people that have bought from there and they've all gotten good results, basically being able to drive the vehicle until the wheels fall off.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735
    Have bought and sold a car with Carmax. Buying is pretty simple since there's no negotiating prices. For selling cars, it's nice because they'll take any piece of shit car you bring in there. And they gave me a lot more than I thought I was going to get for my piece of shit I sold them a few years ago!
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    I've known a few people who bought from them and were happy with what they got. I think the only down side is that the more desirable cars sell fast. If you want to take some time to think about it like I usually do, there's a good chance the car will be gone.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."
  • Have bought and sold a car with Carmax. Buying is pretty simple since there's no negotiating prices. For selling cars, it's nice because they'll take any piece of shit car you bring in there. And they gave me a lot more than I thought I was going to get for my piece of shit I sold them a few years ago!

I walked in today selling my wife's 2008 Subaru Legacy. When they made their offer I was shocked! In a good way !

I couldn't get that check and get the fuck out of there quick enough.
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,735

Have bought and sold a car with Carmax. Buying is pretty simple since there's no negotiating prices. For selling cars, it's nice because they'll take any piece of shit car you bring in there. And they gave me a lot more than I thought I was going to get for my piece of shit I sold them a few years ago!

I walked in today selling my wife's 2008 Subaru Legacy. When they made their offer I was shocked! In a good way !

I couldn't get that check and get the fuck out of there quick enough.
    hahaha...that's the same exact way I felt when they made their offer to me.