Options

How was the merch situation for Fenway?

tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
Going to Wrigley and figured the merch will be ran relatively the same way.
How was the poster situation? Seems like everyone got what they wanted. Didn't read too many negative things about the merch.
Looks like it was easy to get things, inside the stadium, but I'm really trying to get it taken care of in the morning...

Comments

• Options
    nyerik123nyerik123 Yonkers, NY Posts: 23
    I think people overexaggerate how hard it is to get merch on here. Lines were really smooth at Fenway and if you walked past the first merch stand you saw and walked to the next one in the stadium, the line would be waaay less. People just settle for the first one that they see like there isnt countless other merch stands. I waited on a line before the show for less than 10 minutes because of this and the merch stand just excluded one poster from the others, the Pearl Jam baseball jersey, the baseball tee and one t-shirt design. Other than that it had everything. Unless if you're specifically on the line solely for that single item, which I doubt most people will be, then you will be perfectly fine. I've had a similar experience with every single other concert I've been to.

Just my 2 cents here
    Fenway Park, Boston 8/5/16
    MSG, New York 5/1/16
    Central Park, New York 9/26/15
  • Options
    I'm just thinking about 2013 I guess.. That was a shit show...
    And Lexington this year I was shut out from a poster for the first time.. And I'm still salty about it, if you can't tell lol.
  • Options
    WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    The poster depicting the Scoreboard was unobtainable, in my experience.
  • Options
    nothinasitseemsnothinasitseems New Jersey Posts: 1,507
    Whywhyzed said:

The poster depicting the Scoreboard was unobtainable, in my experience.

same here.

i managed to get the Mark5 though which i am happy about.
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1, Brooklyn 2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Philly 1, Philly 2, MSG 1, MSG 2, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2024: MSG 2, Philly 1, Philly 2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
  • Options
    If you got them outside the stadium, how early did you get there? How long were the lines.
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 794
    Surprisingly not bad. I got all prints besides the Monster one without much effort. Was abble to snag the scoreboard print after the show friday. Could not believe they restocked it. Walked right in and out in 10 mins.
  • Options
    -Buru--Buru- Santa Barbara, CA Posts: 1,292
    Except the Thomas poster you could mostly get everything. Much better than in Wrigley 2013.
    I am just a dreamer, but you are just a dream...
    If I knew where it was I would take you there.

• Options
    MG79478MG79478 Posts: 1,628
    -Buru- said:

Except the Thomas poster you could mostly get everything. Much better than in Wrigley 2013.

The Thomas was easily available after the Friday show with no line. Not to mention 50 other times over a few days.

The other 5 posters were extremely easy to get.
  • Options
    droptheleash9droptheleash9 Posts: 1,335
    As others have said, the merch situation was pretty well run this time. The only blunder was that they sold out of the Thomas poster before Sunday's show, but if all you aren't able to get is one item then I think it's overall an overwhelming success.
  • Options
    I'll be there both nights so this makes me pretty confident I'll be able to get what I want! Thanks guys!
    See ya at Wrigley!
  • Options
    JM55546JM55546 Posts: 129
    MG79478 said:

-Buru- said:

The Thomas was easily available after the Friday show with no line. Not to mention 50 other times over a few days.

The other 5 posters were extremely easy to get.
    It was also easily available if you got in before 5:15 on Friday as well. On Sunday? Looks like people were screwed
  • Options
    seanwonseanwon Posts: 279
    JM55546 said:

It was also easily available if you got in before 5:15 on Friday as well. On Sunday? Looks like people were screwed

Yeah, my friend and I entered Fenway at 5:30 on Friday and had the posters we wanted in hand by 6. We found it pretty comical considering all the people who lined up at 8am in order to get what they wanted.

1996: 9/29 Randall's Island 2,  10/1 Buffalo                  2000: 8/27 Saratoga Springs
    2003: 4/29 Albany,  5/2 Buffalo,  7/9 MSG 2                   2006: 5/12 Albany,  6/3 East Rutherford 2
    2008: 6/27 Hartford                 2009: 10/27 Philadelphia 1              2010: 5/15 Hartford,   5/21 MSG 2
    2013: 10/15 Worcester 1,  10/25 Hartford                       2014: 10/1 Cincinnati
    2016: 5/2 MSG 2,   8/5 Fenway 1,  11/7 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2018: 9/2 Fenway 1
    2020: 3/30 MSG             2022: 9/11 MSG            2023: 9/10 Noblesville