Options

2nd SD show?...please don't bash me

WildEyedMaryWildEyedMary Posts: 127
edited February 2008 in The Porch
I am not really complaining, but why didn't 10 Club or pearljam.com formally announce that there was going to be a second show in San Diego. I was somehow insanely lucky to get tickets to the first San Diego show through ten club and I didn't even think about checking ticketmaster today (actually I was in class otherwise I would have).
Anyway how did everyone find out about the second show? Just by checking ticketmaster today? It would have been cool to go to two shows...oh well, just curious.
If I had known then what I know now...
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 322
    That sucks! I hope you find a ticket. I know the feeling, I went to Lollapalooza, but was shut out of the Vic
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    CrazyMary6 wrote:
    I am not really complaining, but why didn't 10 Club or pearljam.com formally announce that there was going to be a second show in San Diego. I was somehow insanely lucky to get tickets to the first San Diego show through ten club and I didn't even think about checking ticketmaster today (actually I was in class otherwise I would have).
    Anyway how did everyone find out about the second show? Just by checking ticketmaster today? It would have been cool to go to two shows...oh well, just curious.

[size=+6]April Fool's!!![/size]

That's my guess :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    normnorm I'm always home. I'm uncool. Posts: 31,147
    CrazyMary6 wrote:

the second shows popped up shortly after the sale of the original show went on sale......i think 10c was only allowed to sell tix to the shows they did.....i think the promoters were waiting to gauge how popular ed's tour would be.......:)
  • Options
    I can understand if 10C is upset about all of the bashing and complaining. But my card was charged for San Diego and I didn't get tickets. I would think they could at least have offered me tickets for all of the trouble I have been through. They not only charged my card for SD, but also another date that I didn't get tickets for either.

Does anyone know why there was no announcement?? How totally upsetting, I have spent so much money with the band, why do I feel like I am being shut out now????????????????? What did I do besides try and buy tickets?
    "Please help me to help you, help yourself." EV
  • Options
    Of course the 10 club knew about the second show. Regardless of whether they could sell tickets to 10c members or not, an email or at least a post on the message board about the second show would have been nice. That would have taken someone 30 seconds, and really helped us out.
  • Options
    Thanks to everyone for answering me back I guess it was a ticketmaster thing.
    irieinindy wrote:
    I can understand if 10C is upset about all of the bashing and complaining. But my card was charged for San Diego and I didn't get tickets. I would think they could at least have offered me tickets for all of the trouble I have been through. They not only charged my card for SD, but also another date that I didn't get tickets for either.

Does anyone know why there was no announcement?? How totally upsetting, I have spent so much money with the band, why do I feel like I am being shut out now????????????????? What did I do besides try and buy tickets?

I am sorry you got charged and did not get any tickets...I feel really bad for even complaining now. This thing just got too crazy. Good Luck!
    If I had known then what I know now...
  • Options
    fsu2626fsu2626 Posts: 322
    Of course the 10 club knew about the second show. Regardless of whether they could sell tickets to 10c members or not, an email or at least a post on the message board about the second show would have been nice. That would have taken someone 30 seconds, and really helped us out.

exactly, when I bought my first Boston 2006 tickets the post came out after the first tickets went on sale there might be a second show. then you could purchase the tickets for the chance there might be a second show
  • Options
    Gather No MossGather No Moss Omaha Posts: 339
    fsu2626 wrote:
    exactly, when I bought my first Boston 2006 tickets the post came out after the first tickets went on sale there might be a second show. then you could purchase the tickets for the chance there might be a second show

I agree, I heard rumors about the second show and saw it added today shortly after I couldn't get tickets for SD show 1.. I tried immediately but it was sold out.. If I would have known for sure I would have been more prepared to jump on them.. I did get two through the ten club for that show for the presale so I'm not complaining... I just like to see show two, it's always better!! BTW, I was in Kissimmee, FL for that show... It was awesome.. I've never seen them play that many songs!!
    Buy the ticket, Take the ride..

10/20/91 (Omaha), 7/25/92 (Lolla/Denver), 3/7/94 (Denver), 6/20/95 (Red Rocks), 11/14/97 (Oakland), 6/23/98 (Denver), 10/25/00 (SD), 6/05/03 (SD), 10/8/04 (FL), 7/2/06 (Denver), 7/17/08 (VH1-Who Tribute LA), 10/6/09 (LA), 10/7/09 (LA), 9/3/11 & 9/4/11(PJ20), 12/06/13 (Seattle), 10/09/14 (Lincoln)..
  • Options
    irieinindy wrote:

"all the trouble you have been through"? Boo fucking hoo!!! Why are there so many cry babies in the PIT? It's like people think the 10c are their butler!
    MY GOD... Deal with not getting tickets. You get your money back so move on to real problems in life.
    Mahalo Mike..3/1/91, 5/25/91, 8/29/91, 1/3/92, 1/17/92, 7/22/92, 9/20/92, 10/25/93, 12/7-9/93, 2/5-6/95, 6/24/95, 11/4/95, 11/6-7/95, 10/20/96, 7/10-11/98, 7/13-14/98, 10/22/00, 10/24-25/00, 10/28/00, 6/2-3/03, 6/5-6/03, 7/6-7/06, 7/9-10/06, 7/12-13/06, 7/16/06, 7/22/06, 12/2/06, 12/9/06.
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,708
    I agree, I heard rumors about the second show and saw it added today shortly after I couldn't get tickets for SD show 1.. I tried immediately but it was sold out.. If I would have known for sure I would have been more prepared to jump on them.. I did get two through the ten club for that show for the presale so I'm not complaining... I just like to see show two, it's always better!! BTW, I was in Kissimmee, FL for that show... It was awesome.. I've never seen them play that many songs!!

Show 2 is not always better. Was 7/23/06 better than 7/22/06? Not to me :D

What makes the show the best was whether you were there or not.
    NERDS!
  • Options
    I just wish I would have seen nite 2 SD tickets go up for sale sooner. By the time I tried it was over. Oh well.
  • Options
    [size=+6]April Fool's!!![/size]

That's my guess :)

April Fools would be on the first of april the 10c goes "april fools. there are no shows and we are keeping your money".
    My whole life looked like a picture of a sunny day.

Summerfest 95, 06 Alpine 92, 98, 00, 03 Chicago 95, 98, 00, 03, 06, 07 Grand Rapids 04, St. John's 05 Milwaukee 08