Honor the teams in Rio with Olympic Platinum in Fenway!?!?

RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
It's been brought to my attention that the Olympic opening ceremony is the same night as our favorite band's Fenway debut on August 5th. What better way to honor the teams from around the globe than with the live debut of Olympic Platinum?

Comments

• Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Red Mosquito would probably be more appropriate given the conditions in Rio.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    A live version of this song would kill the crowd. Its a pretty bad song imo and I can only say that a couple of times when it comes to Pearl Jam.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited July 2016
    I'm down... I love the occasional weird shit
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    PJNB said:

A live version of this song would kill the crowd. Its a pretty bad song imo and I can only say that a couple of times when it comes to Pearl Jam.

Would be a slight risk, but they did Bugs at Wrigley and that went fine. Plus a field full of 10cers would love the shock of hearing it

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Lol, it would more be dissing the teams than honouring them, but it would be pretty funny if they played it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited July 2016
    Might have to change that Bruce Jenner line
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,742
    I've been on the boards since 2000...This is the first ever request I've seen for Olympic Platinum.
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • MyFathersSonMyFathersSon Chicago, IL Posts: 114
    Not a fan of the song....but if they were to ever play that song live....you couldn't ask for a better time.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    save it for night 2!!!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171

I've been on the boards since 2000...This is the first ever request I've seen for Olympic Platinum.

And hopefully the last. ;)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    No thanks
  • RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    Jeez. Lighten up, team.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Would be fun to see. The crowd will be just fine when the second encore hits and they hear Black, Jeremy, Betterman, Alive, RITFW and Ledbetter.