Options

My band's first video has two PJ items in the clip, can you spot them?

cwar077cwar077 Posts: 72
edited June 2016 in The Porch
I have a little band called Cowboy Dan all the way down here in New Zealand, we have just released our first single and video. With all of us being massive pearl jam geeks we couldn't help but pay homage and sneak some PJ references into the video. There are 2 PJ items in the clip, can you spot them?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=h-eF93_tK-E

We have a little Facebook page over here if you wanna follow our ongoings https://m.facebook.com/cowboydanmusic/
Post edited by cwar077 on

Comments

• Options
    WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I dig it - nice work! Spotted the ode to No Code but missed the second thing.
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,006
    Dig the sort of reverse Texas Chainsaw Massacre-shot in the beginning :)
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    New Zealand is possibly the most beautiful place I've ever travelled to. Great song - was so caught up in the music and scenery I didn't bother looking for any PJ stuff.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options

New Zealand is possibly the most beautiful place I've ever travelled to. Great song - was so caught up in the music and scenery I didn't bother looking for any PJ stuff.

That's awesome!! It was shot in Auckland suburbs, we would have loved to take it out of the city down to taupo for some more epic scenery (did you get to travel there? Mid north Island) but it's been several years since that van was legally roadworthy it may not have survived the journey!
  • Options
    chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,438
    I saw no code in there but missed the second one. Nice video and jam
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Options
    Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Cool video and song.

Only spotted No Code
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • Options
    cwar077 said:

That's awesome!! It was shot in Auckland suburbs, we would have loved to take it out of the city down to taupo for some more epic scenery (did you get to travel there? Mid north Island) but it's been several years since that van was legally roadworthy it may not have survived the journey!
    South Island (Queenstown & various places nearby, Milford Sound). Also Christchurch. Let us know when your album comes out, I would love to buy it!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    Good song! I listened to it twice and also only saw the No Code album. I liked the video though!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    No Code and RVM? The Rear View Mirror is used a lot ;) Enjoyed it ..thanks!
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    myoung321 said:

No Code and RVM? The Rear View Mirror is used a lot ;) Enjoyed it ..thanks!

I didn't think of RVM! I like it :D Let's just say one of the polaroids we didn't take ourselves
  • Options

cwar077 said:

South Island (Queenstown & various places nearby, Milford Sound). Also Christchurch. Let us know when your album comes out, I would love to buy it!
    South island makes for the better road trip, good on you. I'll bump this thread when we release a record later in the year :):)
  • Options
    OGT92OGT92 Posts: 1,588
    I thought it was the hitchhiker!?!?
    "I read about the evils of drinking, so I gave up reading." - Henry Youngman
  • Options
    JensStillHereJensStillHere Columbus, Ohio Posts: 101
    I immediately thought the RVM shot but thought that was too obtuse.
  • Options
    OGT92 said:

I thought it was the hitchhiker!?!?

Love that song!!
  • Options
    Not to be cheesy, but I love the NZ accent. Also have never met a more friendly nation of people.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 1,985
    edited July 2016
    So then both things were No Code related then right? The polaroid and then the actual CD?

And great song by the way! I really dug it.
  • Options
    JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    not bad music
    i didnt spot anything though