Wrigley Tickets...7 weeks away...Lets hear your thoughts

So the shows are basically 7 weeks away. When do some of you bite the bullet and pay more than face for tickets? When do you go to stubhub or ebay? How much are you willing to pay over face value? I just don't see the tickets for these 2 shows dropping in price over the next 7 weeks. But who knows maybe I am wrong.

I haven't seen ANYONE on this board post they have any Wrigley tix for sale....In months.
Everyone is a buyer.

Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,722
    Ticket prices seem to be going up....at least for the Saturday show. I've been keeping an eye out for a couple friends for any tix for the Saturday show but haven't seen anything at all. So happy I got both shows through 10c.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788

Ticket prices seem to be going up....at least for the Saturday show. I've been keeping an eye out for a couple friends for any tix for the Saturday show but haven't seen anything at all. So happy I got both shows through 10c.

Yeah, Im in the same situation, just trying to help out friends. And yes, the Saturday show is going to be a much harder ticket to get. I see upper deck on ebay, for the Monday show, at what I would consider a fairly reasonable price. But that's me. And my friends will soon be given the ultimatum...they either go to stubhub, or don't go to the show. Because I am sick of giving a fuck. Hahaha
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    If you look at the Wrigley ticket thread it's mostly people trying to trade for (or buy) Night 1 tickets. Night 1 seems the much larger demand. I'm not sure if the sellers on stubhub will need to let up their prices to move their tickets on that one. Night 2 seems less demand (everyone seems to have extra night 2 tickets they can trade for night 1), so that one could see lower prices?
    Zod said:

If you look at the Wrigley ticket thread it's mostly people trying to trade for (or buy) Night 1 tickets. Night 1 seems the much larger demand. I'm not sure if the sellers on stubhub will need to let up their prices to move their tickets on that one. Night 2 seems less demand (everyone seems to have extra night 2 tickets they can trade for night 1), so that one could see lower prices?

It will be interesting to see which direction the stubhub prices go. Last week Phish played Wrigley. The day of the shows you could go to stubhub and get upper deck seats for $15.

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    I don't see prices dropping. I think there is a lot of people thinking that prices will go down as we approach the dates in hopes of sellers getting desperate to sell. But that usually is never the case, at the end of the day these shows are in extremely high demand and prices are only going to rise, especially with the fact that there are plenty of people out there buying them. I have also heard of a lot of cases where people are going to head to the stadium real early to pick up whatever extra tickets the venue may have, as there is usually always a very limited amount of tickets available on the days of the show. Not to mention that I have seen a lot of cases where people are going and are just going to be hanging around a rooftop bar and enjoy the show in that fashion. But for the most part Zod hit it right on, there seems to be a much more demand for night 1 as I see a lot of trade offers here on the boards. But for the most part that is all I have really seen, is trade requests and offers. Best of luck to all those looking to score.

Zod said:

It will be interesting to see which direction the stubhub prices go. Last week Phish played Wrigley. The day of the shows you could go to stubhub and get upper deck seats for $15.

This could very well be the case, but it's always a hit or miss. Only time will tell. I definitely don't see them dropping that low for a PJ show, But you might get lucky and find one for face value as a seller does get desperate if you are willing to gamble and take your chances and waiting until the day of the show.
  • deagator3deagator3 Posts: 76
    Phish didn't come close to selling all their tickets, but I think some season ticket holders and neighborhood people bought tickets thinking they could flip them. Their demand was never high, and the supply on the secondary market far exceeded the demand. Prices for the James Taylor / Jackson Browne concert on Thursday will probably mirror Phish.

What happened to prices for the 2013 Wrigley Show leading up to it?

Ray J. T. said:

Zod said:

This could very well be the case, but it's always a hit or miss. Only time will tell. I definitely don't see them dropping that low for a PJ show, But you might get lucky and find one for face value as a seller does get desperate if you are willing to gamble and take your chances and waiting until the day of the show.
    No way will Pearl Jam tix go for $15. I get that. I was SHOCKED when I saw the prices of those Phish tix.

deagator3 said:

Phish didn't come close to selling all their tickets, but I think some season ticket holders and neighborhood people bought tickets thinking they could flip them. Their demand was never high, and the supply on the secondary market far exceeded the demand. Prices for the James Taylor / Jackson Browne concert on Thursday will probably mirror Phish.

What happened to prices for the 2013 Wrigley Show leading up to it?

Great question. We can learn from history.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,970
    Prices will drop as the shows near. They always do. People find out at the last minute that they can't attend the show for whatever reason.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
    LukinFan said:

Prices will drop as the shows near. They always do. People find out at the last minute that they can't attend the show for whatever reason.

But that wasn't the case in 2013, right? Not for the Wrigley show.
    If I remember correctly the stubhub prices increased, BIGTIME.
    The day of the show, I walked over to the stubhub booth in front of Wrigley, and the guy working the booth told me don't even think of getting anything for less than $400.

This year is different though, with 2 shows.
  • Tix were $500.00 at Wrigley day of the show in 2013. I did see one hot sweaty dude get a ticket for face value at the pre-party. He did a dance, it was awesome and he put in a crazy amount of effort to secure the ticket. Scalpers were standing by the willcall window offering 10Cers crazy money to sell their tix. I agree fully with deagator3 here. Phish and James Taylor never had the initial demand that PJ had. No way PJ tix drop that much. How many tickets are listed on stubhub for the two shows? If its under 1000 per show, I doubt prices go down. If there are more than 1000 tickets still listed, odds are better that prices will drop.
    Gorge
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Cheapest pair right now is 464.10 after fees on SH. Granted the seats are not great, but I dont think that is outrageous. Its a Saturday show in a major city at an iconic ballpark. Splitting the pair with a friend @ $232 each doesnt seem that horrible. Singles went for 400 for the 13' Wrigley show. Just a matter of how bad you want to be there.
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • TA243471TA243471 The Great Northwest Posts: 1,072
    edited June 2016
    I think there will be a lot of tickets at face value or less for the Monday show the closer we get. Everyone is holding on to their extras right now, hoping to trade for Saturday, but those trades are going to be extremely rare. Saturday seems to be going nowhere but up.
    I already broke down and bought mine off Ebay. Found some acceptable prices, and decided not to wait any longer. It may come back to bite me, but at least I know for sure that I will be inside the building both nights.
    Post edited by TA243471 on
    • 2006: Gorge 1
    • 2009: Seattle 1
    • 2013: Seattle
    • 2016: Wrigley 1 & 2
    • 2018: Seattle 1&2, Montana
    • 2020: San Diego, LA 1&2, Oakland 1&2
    • 2022: San Diego, LA 1&2, Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Denver
  • tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 879
    Yeah I had to go to stubhub in 2013, and I remember being thankful I bought them few months ahead of time because prices doubled or tripled by show week.
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Either way, I dont think they will go down, only up
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    I've been on the lookout and watching closely for Fenway as well, but those prices aren't moving much (if anything, they are going up) As it currently stands, cheapest tix for the 4 stadium shows are:

Fenway 1 - $170
    Fenway 2 - $173

Wrigley 1 - $189
    Wrigley 2 - $116

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    My thoughts are, I'm not going and I hope you all have a blast!
    www.cluthelee.com
  • bgirl59bgirl59 Tucson AZ Posts: 888
    edited June 2016
    Thank you for asking, however, I have a feeling you aren't asking me. Nevertheless, my thoughts are that I wish I would have entered the Wrigley lottery way back when the announcement was made. At that time I thought, since I attended the historic Wrigley Field performance in 2013, I wouldn't be missing much, and nothing could top that night, also, I thought the Philly Night 2 Show will be enough Pearl Jam for me this tour........... of course that was before Philly Night 2 happened!! WAS I WRONG OR WHAT???
    I will never think like that again, EVER!!!
    Now if someone out there would find it in their heart to locate a spare 10c ticket for me I would be sooo happy....until that happens I wish JOY and LOVE to the lucky ones!
    Peace

(PS) I went to SH yesterday and nearly cried......... :disappointed:
    Post edited by bgirl59 on
    PEARL JAM in 2024! Dark Matter and MORE ! THANK YOU!!   
    Peace Love & Pearl Jam forever!!
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    2013 was unique.

1. First time at Wrigley
    2. Chicago's only big rock show for the summer
    3. 1 of only 2 North American shows

None of these apply this year. I think Saturday will be expensive but Monday will be cheap by show day.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    I can't imagine how buyers/traders/sellers are hooking up anyway..that thread is just random...post after post....if you are looking for something who is gonna scroll through the whole thing? The spreadsheet that was right after sale was the only way to keep it organized.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Iso night one pair ;)

2013 was unique.

1. First time at Wrigley
    2. Chicago's only big rock show for the summer
    3. 1 of only 2 North American shows

None of these apply this year. I think Saturday will be expensive but Monday will be cheap by show day.

2013 they had a huge North American tour! That was the LB tour.
  • Edved007Edved007 Milwaukee, WI Posts: 1,020
    I don't know if tix will reach 2013 levels this time around because there are two shows, and two other shows in Boston which will catch some of the international people wanting to make a trip that can't do both or already did Wrigley in 2013...but they aren't going to go down. If you believe that you are lying to yourself. If I didn't have tickets secured already I'd be all over seats if they were only $150-$200 a piece for decent seats. Tickets the day of the show in 2013 were $400-$600 for bad seats and $700+ for lower level seats by mid afternoon...and there weren't that many available so the scalpers and brokers totally set the market.
    95' - 7/9
    98' - 6/26, 6/27, 6/29, 8/26, 9/22
    03' - 4/25
    06' - 6/29, 6/30
    07' - 8/05
    09' - 8/23
    11' - 9/03, 9/04
    12' - 9/30
    13' - 7/16, 7/19, 10/21, 10/22, 11/15, 11/16, 12/06
    14' - 06/28, 06/29, 10/1, 10/03, 10/16, 10/17, 10/20, 10/22
    15' - 11/20, 11/22
    16' - 4/21, 4/26, 4/28, 4/29, 5/1, 5/2, 7/9, 8/5, 8/7, 8/20, 8/22
    17' - 4/7
    18' - 7/1, 7/3, 7/5, 8/8, 8/10, 8/18, 8/20, 9/4
    21' - 10/1, 10/2
    22' - 7/12, 7/14, 9/6, 9/8
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Saturday will be expensive no matter what, Monday will probably be easy to get tickets. The market is ridiculous for Saturday's show, no idea how it got so crazy, with the exception being Cubs season ticket holders trying to make some money from the presale.

There's a ton of fake tickets on Craigslist. I've seen multiple counterfeit tickets already for the show.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited June 2016
    Everyone thought the MSG 2016 prices would drop the week of the show, but they didn't, and people ended up sitting across the street missing out

I wouldn't wait another day if I needed Wrigley tickets. I don't see any way, especially the Saturday show, that they drop.

If you see a pair of Wrigleys for any cheaper than $200 per ticket, you better jump on it, or you may miss out all together. Just what I think though.

And don't do the Craigslist thing, way too many fakes. Atleast stubhub guarantees your money back if anything goes wrong.
    Post edited by Weston1283 on
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    FTFY

LukinFan said:

But that wasn't the case in 2013, right? Not for the Wrigley show.
    If I remember correctly the stubhub prices increased, BIGTIME.
    The day of the show, I walked over to the stubhub booth in front of Wrigley, and the guy working the booth told me don't even think of getting anything for less than $400.

This year is different though, with 25 shows.
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• RT85129RT85129 Posts: 179
    How crowded will GA be? Going to Wrigley GA both shows.
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095

Cheapest pair right now is 464.10 after fees on SH. Granted the seats are not great, but I dont think that is outrageous. Its a Saturday show in a major city at an iconic ballpark. Splitting the pair with a friend @ $232 each doesnt seem that horrible. Singles went for 400 for the 13' Wrigley show. Just a matter of how bad you want to be there.

You don't think that is outrageous? More than double face value is a complete ripoff. I hate stubhub so much
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    My single Wrigley in 2013 cost me 350... And that was a 10c ticket from another member
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II