European Union vote 2016

Comments

• SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Sadly all your points are being heavily drowned out over here by the focus on immigration - as you rightly identify. The main debate seems to be one side wanting to control the borders and stop immigration (fear of losing 'our' jobs and the potential influx of terrorism) while the other side are looking on at them wondering why they are being so racist in their views (while highlighting the positives of free movement of labour - both culturally and on our National Health Service). So its a debate very much coloured by the nations relationship with race and what it means individually to be British. IMO of course. Its certainly been fascinating understanding how completely differently people view the UK.
    Nature drunk and High
    Nature drunk and High
  • newy777newy777 Posts: 89
    I enjoyed this video too if you care to take a look. All the best..
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZLfo5_pst8
    Amazing speech about the demographic issue at stake.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzNj-hH8LkY
    ^ democratic not demographic
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Close, but "leave" is ahead right now. I really didn't think exit was really a possibility.What the fuck do I know.
  • NoloadNoload Monticello, Georgia Posts: 1,630
    edited June 2016
    Well done! It's Immigration Baby!!
    Post edited by Noload on
    www.twitter.com/robert_harbin
    Half the country is stunned and frankly shitting ourselves about the future...it's not like Brexit have even laid out a plan. Scotland and London went Remain, but Scotland bound to split off from us now. Such a horribly divisive result to wake up to. 16 million sad people in UK today.
    Nature drunk and High
  • rw160510rw160510 Posts: 903
    Spags said:

Half the country is stunned and frankly shitting ourselves about the future...it's not like Brexit have even laid out a plan. Scotland and London went Remain, but Scotland bound to split off from us now. Such a horribly divisive result to wake up to. 16 million sad people in UK today.

I kinda had an awful feeling when Newcastle was announced but went to bed praying it was an outlier. Bugger!
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Well done - are you for real?!? It's a complete disaster. I for one never thought this would happen - it's actually a pretty scary lurch away from common sense and into the unknown. And if you think Trump will never become POTUS - let this be a lesson!
    Guess we better make most of next years Euro Tour (if I can afford it) as shit is about to go down!

:(
    Nature drunk and High
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    The brits dont know what the fuxk.they vote
    They thought europe was the reason of their problems..ha ha....yeah right...now when things will go worst..when all benefits ends..when pound wll go down and cost of life goes up..when all products comes from europe will have to.pay taxis..when all transfers out of island will cost more..when u have to pay more for vacations to the beaches of south europe..when the banks will shake now and the value of money u have wull worth more..maybe some will understand that "bad europe 'is the excuse for all bad happens to countries
    And the ones celebrating most of all ar the nazi parties in europe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I'm going to look on the bright side and look forward to an independent Scotland and a united Ireland, something good can come of this :smile:

Once again the polls got it all wrong, none of us saw this coming and now I need to actually figure out what it means for Ireland...

The brits dont know what the fuxk.they vote
    They thought europe was the reason of their problems..ha ha....yeah right...now when things will go worst..when all benefits ends..when pound wll go down and cost of life goes up..when all products comes from europe will have to.pay taxis..when all transfers out of island will cost more..when u have to pay more for vacations to the beaches of south europe..when the banks will shake now and the value of money u have wull worth more..maybe some will understand that "bad europe 'is the excuse for all bad happens to countries
    And the ones celebrating most of all ar the nazi parties in europe

This is not a vote against European citizens. It is standing up against being dictated to by unelected cronies who have control over the population. This EU concept is fundamentally flawed in its current state and the rise of more extreme groups you refer to are just a symptom of the anti democratic EU. This vote will bring hope to an impoverished EU. No doubt there will be volatility in the short or medium term but there is a price to pay for standing up for democracy. I have studied this for years so try to forget the anti immigration issue and focus on why things are the way they are can be done to fix it. If the EU is serious about its future they must start listening to the people and certainly this unsustainable system must be dramatically reformed. I sincerely think it is a victory for good though it doesn't help being labeled anti immigrant. I now have hope for Europe which I admit was non existent before this referendum. I really hope that Dan Hannan will become PM now as he is positive, passionate about democracy and a uniting figure who rejects any negative immigration sentiment. Good luck Europe and Britain.
  • ChoccoloccotideChoccoloccotide A grass shack nailed to a pinewood floor Posts: 810
    Good for the Brits!
  • bluegracebluegrace Posts: 2,357
    I can't believe Brexit won! I think they'll live to regret it...
    Kool Kat Club 1992, Moderna museet 1992, Globen 2012, Friends arena 2014
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427
    This is not a vote against European citizens. It is standing up against being dictated to by unelected cronies who have control over the population. This EU concept is fundamentally flawed in its current state and the rise of more extreme groups you refer to are just a symptom of the anti democratic EU. This vote will bring hope to an impoverished EU. No doubt there will be volatility in the short or medium term but there is a price to pay for standing up for democracy. I have studied this for years so try to forget the anti immigration issue and focus on why things are the way they are can be done to fix it. If the EU is serious about its future they must start listening to the people and certainly this unsustainable system must be dramatically reformed. I sincerely think it is a victory for good though it doesn't help being labeled anti immigrant. I now have hope for Europe which I admit was non existent before this referendum
    Well said!
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    Yes, we will, short term especially.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Spags said:

Pretty much so far today...
    Nature drunk and High
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789
    Somebody please explain to this American....

What were the Pros?
    What were the Cons?
    What changes will occur?
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    This is some interesting shit going on

People are starting to reject the new "global economy"
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Is this like Texas wanting to leave the US?

I originally thought this was from the big market crash and PIIGS.

This story is unbelievable as I thought this would never happen.
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited June 2016
    Voting for change without a plan or absurb ideas is dangerous and will fuck us all.

Leave voter on BBC: "I'm shocked & worried. I voted Leave but didn't think my vote would count - I never thought it would actually happen."

Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Scotland will have a second vote to get out of uk
    And I hope ireland become one again
    And be all free from england and all their wealth will be in their own hands
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Since this isn't a Porch thing, you might want to move this on to AMT or to an existing thread:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/256276/european-union-vote-2016#latest

Thinking since it isn't PJ music related, mods may scoot it on over there. FYI.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • PJ_ROCKSPJ_ROCKS THE 406 Posts: 6,736

Somebody please explain to this American....

What were the Pros?
    What were the Cons?
    What changes will occur?

your 401k goes bye bye

1995 San Francisco
              San Jose

San Diego 2 shows 

2003 Missoula

2005 Missoula

2006 Denver 2 shows with Tom Petty 

Gorge 2 shows

2009 Utah

LA1

LA2

2012 Missoula : Meet and Greet : "Instant Classic show"

2013 Portland

Spokane

2018 Missoula

• SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789

Scotland voted...
    They said they are going to eat gyros and go fishing.

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682

We can but hope!