Alice In Chains w/Layne
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    gibbits said:

I Mother Earth

heading to any of their Scenery and Fish shows with Edwin?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Options
    ambst95ambst95 Posts: 125
    The Doors, Led Zeppelin, The Beatles, Jimi Hendrix, Prince, Run DMC
    2003: 4/26 Pittsburgh, PA
    2008: 6/20 Camden, NJ
    2009: 10/28 Philadelphia, PA
    2013: 10/22 Philadelphia, PA; 10/27 Baltimore, MD
    2016: 4/20/ Raleigh, NC; 4/28 Philadelphia, PA; 4/29 Philadelphia, PA; 8/20 Chicago, IL
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,487
    Malroth said:

gg allin

front row???..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,223
    Sepultura w/ Max on vocals
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    23scidoo said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

front row???..
    I'd stand outside all night to get rail at this show..........maybe not.
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Malroth said:

gg allin

Woahhhhhhh!
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Pearl Jam (w/ Jack)
    The Police
    The Who (w/ John & Keith)
    Stone Temple Pilots
    Alice In Chains (w/Layne)
    AC/DC (Brian, Angus, Malcolm, Cliff, & Phil)
    The La's
    Soul Coughing
    R.E.M.
  • Options
    chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    Malroth said:

gg allin

My twin brother and best friend saw this psycho at The Exit in Chicago in the late eighties.

Trust me...you wouldn't have wanted to seen this nutjob live!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options

Malroth said:

gg allin

My twin brother and best friend saw this psycho at The Exit in Chicago in the late eighties.

Trust me...you wouldn't have wanted to have seen this nutjob live!
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • Options
    LiftedLifted Posts: 1,613
    edited June 2016
    James Brown
    The Beatles
    Grateful Dead
    Nirvana
    Blind Melon
    Charlie Parker
    Television
    The Doors
    Zeppelin
    Pink Floyd
    Hendrix
    Michael Jackson
    Talking Heads
    Otis Redding
    Ramones
    The Clash
  • Options
    iwasatpj20iwasatpj20 Rockford, IL Posts: 3,299
    Motorhead
    Led Zeppelin
    Any band with Ronnie James Dio
    Clash
    Jimi Hendrix
    The Doors
    AC/DC (with Bon Scott)
    Alice in Chains (with Layne)
    2000 - Chicago, IL
    2003 - Champaign, IL
    2006 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2007 - Chicago, IL Lollapalooza
    2009 - Chicago, IL 1 & 2
    2010 - St. Louis, MO
    2011 - East Troy, WI 1 & 2 (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2012 - Atlanta, GA, Missoula, MT
    2013 - Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field), Dallas, TX, Oklahoma City, OK
    2014 - St. Louis, MO, Tulsa, OK, Moline, IL (No Code, IL), Saint Paul, MN, Milwaukee, WI (Yield, WI)
    2016 - Greenville, SC (Vs, SC), Raleigh, NC, Columbia, SC, Boston, MA (Fenway Park 1), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)
    2018 - Seattle, WA (Safeco Field 2), Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2), Boston, MA (Fenway Park 2)
    2020 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, ??
    2022 - Nashville, TN, St. Louis, MO, Oklahoma City, OK, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV
    2023 - St. Paul, MN 2, Fort Worth, TX 2, Austin, TX 1, and Austin, TX 2
    2024 - Portland, OR and Chicago, IL (Wrigley Field 1 & 2)

2012 - Temple of the Dog East Troy, WI (PJ20 Destination Weekend)
    2014 - Soundgarden Tinley Park, IL (with Nine Inch Nails)
    2014 - Alice in Chains Davenport, IA
    2016 - Chris Cornell Solo Madison, WI and Peoria, IL (official hometown show)
    2016 - Temple of the Dog San Francisco, CA (both shows)
    2017 - Soundgarden Dallas (cancelled) RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 - Smashing Pumpkins Chicago, IL (first show)
    2019 - Alice in Chains Milwaukee, WI
    2022 - Jerry Cantrell Chicago, IL
    2023 - Jerry Cantrell Milwaukee, WI

RIP Andrew Wood, Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, and Chris Cornell

RIP Mom (may your star shine the brightest in the sky, our family loves and misses you very much, we'll meet again)

• Options
    inmyNCinmyNC amongst many Posts: 243
    edited June 2016
    I've seen a lot of post saying they would've loved to Blind Melon.. I saw them twice w/ Hoon.. I loved their debut album, but live they were not so great. That's my opinion on the two shows I saw. Maybe just bad nights not sure.
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited June 2016
    inmyNC said:

I've seen a lot of post saying they would've loved to Blind Melon.. I saw them twice w/ Hoon.. I loved their debut album, but live they were not so great. That's my opinion on the two shows I saw. Maybe just bad nights not sure.

I would really just love the chance to judge that for myself. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Although I've watched plenty of Blind Melon live footage on youtube, and they seem like super entertaining shows to me! I agree they don't sound as good on stage as they did in the studio for some reason - or at least Hoon didn't - but the performances overall still seem very worth it. Hoon was almost always beyond into it up there.
    Didn't you love their second album? It's even better than the first.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,070
    Inxs. I loved their 1987-88 album kick and a lot of their other songs.
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • Options
    63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    INXS would have been sick. Also, would've killed to see Zep and The Who with Moon back in the day. Also, Van Halen with Dave would've been wild.

Seeing The Police back in '07 knocked them off the list when I never imagened them getting back together while I was old enough to see them. Definitely awesome.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

inmyNC said:

I would really just love the chance to judge that for myself. They are one of my favorite bands of all time. Although I've watched plenty of Blind Melon live footage on youtube, and they seem like super entertaining shows to me! I agree they don't sound as good on stage as they did in the studio for some reason - or at least Hoon didn't - but the performances overall still seem very worth it. Hoon was almost always beyond into it up there.
    I saw them open for Lenny Kravitz the first time. I found Hoon to be entertaining in his stage antics but the singing was a mess. The second time I saw them it was much the same and the band seemed not so in snyc. Rather rough in my opinion, it couldve been that I saw them while Hoon was dealing with his demons.. Their first album was amazing and I wore that CD out the second album I didn't give it much of a listen so I really can't comment to be fair..
  • Options
    I wish I could've seen....
    David Bowie
    Pink Floyd
    Prince
    Talking Heads
    Cream
    The Doors
  • Options

Malroth said:

gg allin

Isn't that why I would've wanted to see him live? :wink:
  • Options
    inmyNC said:

PJ_Soul said:

inmyNC said:

I saw them open for Lenny Kravitz the first time. I found Hoon to be entertaining in his stage antics but the singing was a mess. The second time I saw them it was much the same and the band seemed not so in snyc. Rather rough in my opinion, it couldve been that I saw them while Hoon was dealing with his demons.. Their first album was amazing and I wore that CD out the second album I didn't give it much of a listen so I really can't comment to be fair..
    Yeah, he might have been completely fucked up on drugs both times.
    I am at least glad about when I DIDN'T see them, at that infamous Vancouver show where he pissed all over the crowd. :tired_face:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    red mosred mos Posts: 4,953

Honestly, I'd love for Soul Coughing to play one very last show together, even though they broke up more than 12 years ago.

I'd wanna see them play just a few songs, and then I'd like to watch Mike Doughty haul off on Yuval, Mark and Sebastian for an hour. Just read Mike Doughty's memoir, The Book of Drugs, and man...while Soul Coughing put out some interesting music, they really fucked over Doughty. I'd heard a few rumblings about the troubles in the band, but this book confirmed the fuck out of all of it. Glad he's doing his own thing these days.

Soul coughing was great. Saw them at a festival in 1999. It was soul coughing oleander, sponge, better than Ezra , the flys, and I remember collective Soul headlined for their original "dosage" tour. Soul coughing was great.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,975
    Add Muddy Waters and Elvis to my list.
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    It was nice to cross The Replacements off this list
  • Options

It was nice to cross The Replacements off this list

So who did you kill?
  • Options
    Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

Well, if one doesn't mind being chased around a bar pool table by a crazed, naked, bloody, feces covered lead singer fella, then it would've been right up your alley!

:fearful:
    - Chicago G

• Options

Malroth said:

Malroth said:

gg allin

Well, if one doesn't mind being chased around a bar pool table by a crazed, naked, bloody, feces covered lead singer fella, then it would've been right up your alley!

:fearful:
    Thanks for the story! Did your brother know he was like that before he went. Talk about memorable concerts though. Almost killed by a serial murderer!
  • Options
    I never want someone covered in blood and feces chasing me, that is for sure.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I never want someone covered in blood and feces chasing me, that is for sure.

Boooorring. :wink:
  • Options
    Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,766

Pearl Jam. I heard they haven't done anything since the mid-90s.

Pearl Jam with Dave or Jack can count!
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Oingo Boingo
    I SAW PEARL JAM