Greenville was far more historic than Vs being played

2»

Comments

• shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    jmug23 said:

Finally got my Greenville cd. Finally have a moment alone in my car. Oh my. I LOVE bootlegs!! Funny how living in the moment in the concert really messes with one's ability to recall individual moments. Put that together with seeing multiple shows in a short time and the memories of individual shows are hard to sort from each other. (Or maybe I'm just getting old). Anyway, I remember at Greenville when Ed acknowledged record store day and then saying "let's play some records"... I thought we might be getting an album. Then go>>>animal happened and I thought maybe?? Then daughter started and I turned to my brother and we were both freaking out thinking of course they were going to play vs bc no f'n way would daughter be played in that spot otherwise. It was crazy thereafter. I was seriously in another world the entire night. Reliving it now is so unreal. I was fortunate to be rail directly in front of Stone too which was such a treat.

Haha, I must have been standing right behind you:) I was pretty much second from the rail in front of stone. Well actually a little to the right of stone. Epic night :)
    We must have been neighbors!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    4 Lightning Bolt songs in a row right after Vs. is interesting? I assume the air let out of the building a little at that point, piss breaks, etc?
  • jmug23jmug23 Posts: 778
    my2hands said:

4 Lightning Bolt songs in a row right after Vs. is interesting? I assume the air let out of the building a little at that point, piss breaks, etc?

Not for me and the people around me, but I happen to really like lightning bolt. I also like those particular songs, so the energy was still crazy where I was standing. Maybe people were still on a high from the whole Vs. thing.
  • shetellsherselfshetellsherself New Jersey Posts: 8,765
    Absolutely no air went out of the building! I felt no let up the entire night from the band or the crowd. It truly was a spectacular night!
    5/3/92 Omaha, NE
    6/19/95 Red Rocks
    9/11/98 MSG
    11/19/12 EV solo Tulsa
    7/19/13 Wrigley 10/19/13 Brooklyn 2 10/21/13 Philly 1 10/22/13 Philly 2 10/25/13 Hartford
    10/08/14 Tulsa 10/09/14 Lincoln
    9/26/15 New York City
    4/16/16 Greenville 4/28/16 Philly 1 4/29/16 Philly 2 5/1/16 MSG 1 5/2/16 MSG 2 8/7/16 Fenway 2 8/20/16 Wrigley 1
    4/7/17 RRHOF New York City
    9/02/18 Fenway 1 9/04/2018 Fenway 2
    9/18/21 Asbury Park
    9/11/22 New York City
    9/14/22 Camden
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    I am not saying they did this for this show but does Nugz or whoever makes the boots play around with the audience noise level or is it what you hear is what it was at the show?
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Just listened to this on a Pono on a flight to LA from NJ.

Man did that help the flight go fast
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I just like that you don't have to go to NYC and Philly anymore to catch the "it" shows. They are all consistently good and consistently get the "did they just play that???" moments.

Completely agree with you. Maybe next tour tickets will be a tad bit easier for us folks in the north east.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • moses562moses562 Posts: 1,382
    Bootleg should be here tomorrow. Can't wait to relive the memories!
    "A man has the right to be as big as he feels it in him to be." Ken Kesey
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Greenville is such a powerful bootleg. I love it! Live was better though..
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016

Greenville is such a powerful bootleg. I love it! Live was better though..

I'm confused. I know we can order the Cd here, but where can we download the MP3? I don't see it in the store. Thanks.
  • Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    You purchase the download here in the site, once purchased there is a link to begin downloading after you have completed your checkout.
    Ray J. T. said:

You purchase the download here in the site, once purchased there is a link to begin downloading after you have completed your checkout.

I'm an idiot, because I can't find it. Maybe I should try from my computer instead of phone.
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    I listened to much of the Greenville boot tonight again for a second time. Vs is performed so well and sounds very focused. The band kept it tight and it's a fantastic performance all around. Greenville 16 is a lively, spirited bootleg for sure, and was fun to be there in person. The boot captures the bright, energetic feel of the show. Fantastic gig!
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Eds speech before PT needs its own thread
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    I so can't wait for the boxset to come out!
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

I so can't wait for the boxset to come out!

Yes no doubt, so many awesome shows
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349

Finally got my Greenville cd. Finally have a moment alone in my car. Oh my. I LOVE bootlegs!! Funny how living in the moment in the concert really messes with one's ability to recall individual moments. Put that together with seeing multiple shows in a short time and the memories of individual shows are hard to sort from each other. (Or maybe I'm just getting old). Anyway, I remember at Greenville when Ed acknowledged record store day and then saying "let's play some records"... I thought we might be getting an album. Then go>>>animal happened and I thought maybe?? Then daughter started and I turned to my brother and we were both freaking out thinking of course they were going to play vs bc no f'n way would daughter be played in that spot otherwise. It was crazy thereafter. I was seriously in another world the entire night. Reliving it now is so unreal. I was fortunate to be rail directly in front of Stone too which was such a treat.

you think you're getting old....I didn't even hear him say "let's play some records", lol!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639

Eds speech before PT needs its own thread

His speech before Comfortably Numb was great too
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    I wasn't at this show, but this is turning in to one of my favorite boots to listen to. I think part of it is Pearl Jam rarely plays Glorified G or Dissident anymore. They're great songs and I don't quite understand why they've become sort of forgotten hits.

Those of you that were at this show are lucky. This is the one album show that I think compares to Moline getting No Code (which I was lucky to be at).
    Sarava said:

I wasn't at this show, but this is turning in to one of my favorite boots to listen to. I think part of it is Pearl Jam rarely plays Glorified G or Dissident anymore. They're great songs and I don't quite understand why they've become sort of forgotten hits.

Those of you that were at this show are lucky. This is the one album show that I think compares to Moline getting No Code (which I was lucky to be at).

I agree. My favorite full album shows are Moline with No Code, Toronto with Binaural and Greenville, which I attended. PA with Ten doesn't do it as much for me for some reason.
  • TamaDrummer91TamaDrummer91 VA Posts: 1,289
    Greenville just had such a good feel to it and I think a lot of it has to do with the vast energy the Vs record has. It translated live effortlessly and brilliantly.
    2008: Bonnaroo
    2010: Bristow
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: Charlottesville, Charlotte
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Greenville, Hampton, Raleigh (cancelled), Columbia, Lexington

For your bootleg review needs or recommendations- http://pjbootlegreviews.blogspot.com/
  • SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,993
    jmug23 said:

Sarava said:

I agree. My favorite full album shows are Moline with No Code, Toronto with Binaural and Greenville, which I attended. PA with Ten doesn't do it as much for me for some reason.
    They play half or more of Ten every show anyway, so it's definitely the least desirable for me as well.
    Sarava said:

jmug23 said:

Sarava said:

They play half or more of Ten every show anyway, so it's definitely the least desirable for me as well.
    That's exactly how I feel. I love Ten like everyone else, but seeing No code, Binaural and Vs. is on a different level for me. I would have loved to have been at Moline and Toronot. Would have been a dream to hear that set live:)