Options

So we set a record in Toronto for alcohol sales

GarasaurasGarasauras Ontario Posts: 231
I was talking to security at the show last night, and the guy basically said that the Tuesday show broke all previous sales records for alcohol consumption at any event ever at the ACC!! He said they had ramped up security for show number 2 as a result, because of all the problems with drunk fans. He said Pearl Jam fans are great but they love their alcohol lol

Comments

• Options
    Nice
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
  • Options
    Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,346
    The beer came with sippy cup lids! I loved that!
  • Options
    Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    All the parents buying an extra brews for the kids
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Options
    sweetlew33sweetlew33 Sun's Trapdoor Posts: 78
    Had to be the casual fan hitting the beer lines during Binaural with the hard core fans celebratory drinking after it. Perfect storm
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449
    It was everybody buying two in hopes of being able to flip them.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    It was a pretty crazy scene leaving that place.
  • Options

Not at that price!
    $20 flipped beer is not cool
  • Options
    Go To Fire 43Go To Fire 43 Posts: 449

Not at that price!
    $20 flipped beer is not cool
    I hear you. Big bold and free beer.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    By the time the next show in TO happens marijuana will be legal too, not sure if that would decrease the alcohol sales any or not
  • Options
    gotsome420gotsome420 Posts: 528

By the time the next show in TO happens marijuana will be legal too, not sure if that would decrease the alcohol sales any or not

Lol I hope so! But it won't hurt beer sales any, we all bring joints in regardless.
  • Options
    32.00 for two large beers

26.00 for two mixed drinks

I've been kicking my uncontrollable self in the ass since I got home for spending wayyyyyyy too much AGAIN. The better the show the more I drink damn it. Night one was a fucking major binge. Hey, it's only money and I had one hell of a time so fuck it. Glad I wasn't alone :) wooohooo we broke this record together :)
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    We must not have a good reputation. In Philly, they had to pour water into cups and put lids on them. The little old lady (she had to be in her 70s) said they normally just remove the lids from bottles. She's like, "they must be expecting a rowdy bunch". And then she goes on to say, "I'm not sure why, aren't they old?"

Seriously not sure how that helps because some drunk dude ended up tripping over my cup holder and spilled my water ALL OVER the floor anyway!!!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    I remember the pressbox in Missoula had to buy more beer to try to keep up. Then they ran out of beer.
    Then they kicked us all out and turned off the lights in the parking lot to make us all go away.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    A testament to the fact that we Pearl Jam fans are in our "earning years", i.e. we're old, haha. Concerts full of only twenty-somethings can't afford multiple $12 beers!
  • Options
    PearlJamVSPearlJamVS Eastern Ontario Posts: 62
    Even Bros were in attendance.
    Troubled souls unite, we got ourselves tonight,
    I am fuel, you are friends, we got the means to make amends
    I am lost, I'm no guide, but I'm by your side
    I am right by your side.

Ottawa 2011
    London 2013
    Ottawa 2016
    Boston 1 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    TorontonianTorontonian Posts: 535
    I bought several of the $18 beers but can hold my booze now that I am 46. The problem is dealing with kids the next day when you are hungover... You need both Tylenol and the Patience Provider pill.
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    ^^^Patience provider pill. PLEASE let me know where I can get some of that!

• Options

^^^Patience provider pill. PLEASE let me know where I can get some of that!

Axl was selling it but I heard it was bogus and didn't work. It worked for him though, he made people wait 3 hours later than the show start time ;-)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Have to note, it is disgusting how much we pay for a beer in Canada at events. I know it's reality and I don't have to buy them but seriously, $18 for 28 ounces? Anyways, I gave them my money and drank it so I will shut up now. At least I found the craft beers, $18 for a nice Granville Island Pale Ale is easier to swallow (literally!)
  • Options
    DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,733

I haven't heard many #EvenBro stories from the Canadian shows. Interesting...
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • Options
    jessebasijessebasi Toronto Posts: 149
    DeLukin said:

I haven't heard many #EvenBro stories from the Canadian shows. Interesting...
    Beer poured on my chair on night 1. Not like I was using it.
    2016 - Toronto I (Binaural!), Toronto II
    2020 - Toronto, Hamilton
  • Options
    SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    Was at Toronto 1, and yes, there seemed to be more beer being consumed than at any PJ show I'd been to in the past. Didn't notice any problems personally, but my friend swears that a guy right behind us peed into a beer cup, as she apparently saw him uh, "putting away his equipment".
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."