Breaking Bad

Yeah, I know I am a few years late. But I have just 7 more episodes to watch.
Hank just figured out that Walt is Heisenberg. GREAT EPISODE!
I have enjoyed the hell out of this series!
I will make these last 7 episodes last a couple months. Just because. When its over, its over.
I really don't want it to end for me.
I truly love this show.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329
    Been done for awhile, great show. Watched 8 seasons in no time

#Rob
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,789

#Rob

My wife and I "Power Watched" the 1st 2 seasons, then we slowed it down bigtime. Now we just watch an episode every couple weeks or so. But yeah, it truly is a GREAT show.

• Empty GlassEmpty Glass In Rob's shed Posts: 12,329

#Rob

My wife and I "Power Watched" the 1st 2 seasons, then we slowed it down bigtime. Now we just watch an episode every couple weeks or so. But yeah, it truly is a GREAT show.

I could never slow down....too many "fuck, one more" in me....finish up
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015

#Rob

I could never slow down....too many "fuck, one more" in me....finish up
    I hear you. But for me its actually been kind of "special"? For lack of a better word. I just don't watch TV. I haven't for 20 or so years. Other than the Sopranos I never attempted to watch every episode of anything. Then after reading, here on this board, how outstanding this series was, I figured I would give it a shot. And yes, there is a reason why this is considered by some to be the Greatest Television Series ever made. It truly is outstanding. That's why I am taking my time with this last season. Because once its over, it could be another 20 years before I watch anything on TV.

• DegeneratefkDegeneratefk Posts: 3,123
    Excellent show.

One of the best 10 minutes on television is when the twins attack hank.

Such a good series.
    will myself to find a home, a home within myself
    we will find a way, we will find our place
    Aaron Paul as Jesse Pinkman?
    The greatest character ever created? Maybe?
    Its funny how as the series went on, I found myself just so taken in by Jesse. I am sure you all know what I mean. Aaron Paul has some of the best scenes in television history, in my opinion.
    The original plan was to kill Jesse off somewhere in the first season. But his Paul played the character so well, Gillian kept him.

The original plan was to kill Jesse off somewhere in the first season. But his Paul played the character so well, Gillian kept him.

Yeah, I read that. And as the series went on it was amazing the emotions that Jesse's character could bring out in me. Jesse and his struggle with dependency, his struggle with what he has become. Jesse has a conscience, where as Walt, as the series went on, turned in to pure evil.
    edited May 2016
    The one thing I love about the episode I just finished? The episode where Hank figures it out?

The look on Hanks face when he walks out of the bathroom, carrying the book. How Hank is just so fucking STUNNED! In reality, it was all right there for Hank to figure out. Since the day he traced the equipment to Walter's chemistry lab. It was all right there.

The meth making equipment he traced to Walter.
    Walters gambling nonsense? Hank believed that?
    The car wash to launder the money.

It was all so simple.

Brilliant writing.
    Brilliant acting.

Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626

Brilliant writing.

The true heart of any great story. Period.

Nice shirt.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    It is great. I watched it over the course of a few years. I would take at least a week between episodes and even check out reviews on avclub and ign. Was totally worth it. Binge watching makes everything kind of a blur imo. I also watch no TV really so maybe that's why I was able to do that....

The only annoying thing was avoiding spoilers
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    Great show. One of my all-time favorites. I was late to the game with it and purposely waited until it was all available on Netflix before watching it. I think I binge watched it all over the course of 2 weeks. I was on the fence on whether to keep watching after the first episode. I was hooked after the second episode.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I've been thru the entire series twice (and have actually started a third time). The first time thru, I always found myself rooting for Walt. The "how's he going to get out of this situation?" factor is really what captivated me & kept me waiting anxiously for the next episode. I ignored the evil, I just wanted him to win, see what conundrum he faced next, and win that battle as well.

The second time through, I actually found myself sympathizing with the characters that Walt's actions affected. I saw Walt as the evil man that Skyler saw - which in turn made me really appreciate Anna Gunn as an actress. She was no longer the annoying bitch from the first time through. I saw Walt as the evil man that Jesse often saw and was trying so hard himself to no longer be. I saw Walt as the evil man that Walt Jr and Hank were too blind to see, right under their noses. I saw him as the egomaniac that Gretchen & Elliot tried numerous times to help, but he was too stubborn to accept it. I felt bad for the people he dragged into his mess - people who weren't necessarily angels themselves, but did not deserve the fates of Walt's actions. People like Saul, Mike, Lydia, & even Gus to an extent.

That is testament to not only the writing, but the incredible job by the cast in acting out every scene. To be able to go thru the entire series a second time, and get something completely different out of it, really shows the depth of everyone involved in the creation of the show. Definitely one of, if not THE, best television dramas of all-time!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244
    Take your time with the final episodes Speedy. I'm with you, I'm not a big TV watcher but will watch a show/series every once and a while. I was late to Breaking Bad too. Didn't know anything about it but random things people would say. I plowed through the first 3 seasons on Netflix in probably a week. At that time, I got caught up...and it also made it tougher to watch the show in realtime once you binge.
    I've been through the series twice now. It's amazing the amount of detail you pick up on when you watch it for a second time. From the music, the background items, the camera angles, shadows, reflections, down to the color of clothes chosen for any scene...and the episode titles. Simply brilliant. Season 2: The creepy pink teddy bear eyeball...seen in and only in the following episodes from that season: "Seven Thirty-Seven", "Down", "Over", "ABQ".
    Anyways, when you're done with the show, google "secrets of Breaking bad" or "things missed in breaking bad" or something like that because there is so much that I missed the first time around.

Anyways, easily one of my favorite shows of all time. Writing, acting...everything...is brilliant!
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I agree, mca! I missed a ton of foreshadowing the first time through.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Best TV drama ever, IMO. Enjoy these last episodes Speedy...the last half of the season 5 is some of the best TV you'll ever see.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,443
    Season four finale is some of the best television I have ever seen.
    Get_Right said:

Yeah, that episode was simply nuts!
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275
    I loved it! I remember when Walt watches Jesse's girlfriend die. I was like Oh mannnnnn this show is badass!!!
    It's also the best finale ever written IMO. Savor the last few episodes! Brilliant.

I'm watching Better Call Saul which is a different pace but it's great writing as well.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
    Sprunkn7 said:

I loved it! I remember when Walt watches Jesse's girlfriend die. I was like Oh mannnnnn this show is badass!!!
    It's also the best finale ever written IMO. Savor the last few episodes! Brilliant.

I'm watching Better Call Saul which is a different pace but it's great writing as well.

Yeah, I think with BB....Vince had a story ahead of time and they were able to translate it to film...with some modifications along the way.
    With Saul, I think they are just writing and making it up as they go...which isn't bad by any means...just different.
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Get_Right said:

Season 4 may be the best single season of TV in history. The tension hanging over these characters with the Walt vs. Gus battle was insane. I may have to go back and watch BB for the 3rd time.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Well the good news is when you finish you can start watching Better Call Saul. It's basically a prequel centered around Saul and Mike and it's actually almost as good as Breaking Bad, albeit a bit slow moving.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,426

Well the good news is when you finish you can start watching Better Call Saul. It's basically a prequel centered around Saul and Mike and it's actually almost as good as Breaking Bad, albeit a bit slow moving.

Yep, but its the long game here. They can draw this one out as long as they want. Really once they get into BB time frame , its over. Bit by bit we're seeing saul be born fully.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    I really need to start watching Better Call Saul. I missed the start of season 1 so I figured I would wait until it was available to stream. I saw it's available on Netflix now, but I'm wondering if I should wait for s2 to end and be available so I can binge it all and catch up before s3?
    You can watch better call Saul at any time. It's much slower paced than BB.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    IMO, BB really peaked in Season 3 into Season 4. Season 4 kind of got slow.... then took off again. Season 5 kind of the same way but not quite as drastic. But with the 'twins' leading into the showdown with Gus' dealers and the eventual Gale Boedicker thing at the end.... that was really intense.

Thats when Walt and Jesse completely crossed the line and there was no turning back
    MayDay10 said:

IMO, BB really peaked in Season 3 into Season 4. Season 4 kind of got slow.... then took off again. Season 5 kind of the same way but not quite as drastic. But with the 'twins' leading into the showdown with Gus' dealers and the eventual Gale Boedicker thing at the end.... that was really intense.

Thats when Walt and Jesse completely crossed the line and there was no turning back

I've said it since I saw it. When the twins attacked Hank may be the best 10-15 minutes ever shown on a television. You didn't know if Hank was a goner or not. It had my heart racing.
    mickeyrat said:

Yep, but its the long game here. They can draw this one out as long as they want. Really once they get into BB time frame , its over. Bit by bit we're seeing saul be born fully.
    Yeah, I think Saul has probably 2-3 more seasons before it catches up and it's over.
    I do like how the show is prior to BB, they show events with Saul afterwards too. My guess is that the end of the show is going to wrap up the events before BB and have a conclusion of the character of Saul after BB as well.
    Oh and Speedy...
    You might want to avoid reading these posts as some are spoiler-y for someone who's not watched it all yet.
  • Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,275

I really need to start watching Better Call Saul. I missed the start of season 1 so I figured I would wait until it was available to stream. I saw it's available on Netflix now, but I'm wondering if I should wait for s2 to end and be available so I can binge it all and catch up before s3?

Nah. Go for it. The end of seasons are not huge cliff hangers!

Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!