Is PearlJam.com not working for everyone?

Comments

• JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,873
    They are adding PJ oven mits to the store. Thats why the website is down.
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    svenhoek said:

It shouldn't take this long to make any changes to the site. In fact it shouldn't have taken even 30 minutes if they had everything planned ahead. Something else is going on here.

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    JojoRice said:

They are adding PJ oven mits to the store. Thats why the website is down.

They already did oven mitts...well, pot holders. That didn't go so well.

They are adding PJ shower curtains...
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • svenhoeksvenhoek Buford, GA Posts: 52

svenhoek said:

It shouldn't take this long to make any changes to the site. In fact it shouldn't have taken even 30 minutes if they had everything planned ahead. Something else is going on here.

Yes, unbelievable!

• CH255210CH255210 Posts: 126
    If only they were adding HD video bootlegs!
  • andyfarrimondandyfarrimond Posts: 1,957

Has to be planned. It wouldn't take this long to make a few changes to the site. (Unless they're changing the entire design or something)

I was thinking that. New website to be launched next Tuesday (the 10th) maybe?
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    Ottawa is the 1000th show. Big celebration!!!
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Must just be prepping to handle the traffic for a vinyl only release of a new album (ala Vitalogy) where they will handle all world wide distribution from this site. Oh, double vinyl. With clear 45s of all songs also included.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    ckravitz said:

Must just be prepping to handle the traffic for a vinyl only release of a new album (ala Vitalogy) where they will handle all world wide distribution from this site. Oh, double vinyl. With clear 45s of all songs also included.

Pass the pipe my way..... :)
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668

ckravitz said:

Pass the pipe my way..... :)
    So you're saying there's a chance? :smile:
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177

Has to be planned. It wouldn't take this long to make a few changes to the site. (Unless they're changing the entire design or something)

I doubt it. If this was planned, it was the worst goddamned plan I've seen. This has to be emergency maintenance. A plan would have some communication to end users (although I realize we're dealing with 10c here), and a schedule, and would be performed during a maintenance window and not during peak traffic hours. Something lasting multiple days would surely have been communicated.

Also, the forums are still working because they are hosted with Vanillaforums at Rackspace. The website is hosted in the Amazon cloud. It would be interesting to know why they can't spin up a new cloud server, copy the site to that and get things back online. If they were deploying a new site, that could and should have already been done on a different server, and once it was ready to go, just have traffic pointed to it. So no way was this a planned upgrade. Something went sideways and I'm sure people are scrambling.

"I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited May 2016
    There is an announcement about the TO reschedule on the white page that says the site is under maintenance now, meaning that they have control of what that info says. Why wouldn't they say something about why their website is down too?? If it is on purpose the timing really couldn't be worse, so I find it hard to imagine that 10C would do this on purpose. As already mentioned, no way this is just the normal course in an pupgrade or something. I just don't know why they aren't informing us on that error screen or at least on FB and Twitter (unless i missed something there).
    Can't even post on the forum unless it's from a smartphone. It's read-only on a PC because you can't log in without the PJ.com site.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    PJ_Soul said:

There is an announcement about the TO reschedule on the white page that says the site is under maintenance now, meaning that they have control of what that info says. Why wouldn't they say something about why their website is down too??

That's exactly what I'd like to know. There should be some communication about whatever is gong on, and that page would be the logical place to do that and would take about 2 minutes for someone to do.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    I should probably just stay in bed today........until this passes............lol!
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • scurtisscurtis Posts: 2,427
    If it was a brand new site they would have a phantom site of the new one all ready to go, it would be as simple as shutting this one off and turning the new one on at a prescribed time. You wouldn't shut the old one down while you build a new one.
    "Born on third, thinks he got a triple."
  • Red MosqitoRed Mosqito Posts: 1,229
    CopperTom said:

I thought Quebec was the 1,000 performance??
    PJ_Soul said:

There is an announcement about the TO reschedule on the white page that says the site is under maintenance now, meaning that they have control of what that info says. Why wouldn't they say something about why their website is down too?? If it is on purpose the timing really couldn't be worse, so I find it hard to imagine that 10C would do this on purpose. As already mentioned, no way this is just the normal course in an pupgrade or something. I just don't know why they aren't informing us on that error screen or at least on FB and Twitter (unless i missed something there).
    Can't even post on the forum unless it's from a smartphone. It's read-only on a PC because you can't log in without the PJ.com site.

I'm able to post on the forum using my PC but I also have the forum saved as a favorites tab which allows me to go right to the forum.

CopperTom said:

I thought Quebec was the 1,000 performance??
    I just remembered that Raleigh was cancelled so that pushes the 1,000 performance to Ottawa now.
  • maybe the band is retiring because they got tired of all the threads about how shitty the shows have been the past ten years...
    First: ATL2 04/03/1994
    Last: SEA2 08/10/2018
    Next: ??
    http://expressobeans.com/members/collections.php?id=29417
    “I think you won, but I enjoyed the fight” - EV
  • Kev - Coat and KeysKev - Coat and Keys Earth Posts: 357
    I always know this internets thing was a passing fad.
  • retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    Reshuffling member #'s takes a while.......
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

PJ_Soul said:

I'm able to post on the forum using my PC but I also have the forum saved as a favorites tab which allows me to go right to the forum.
    Smart move on your part. I can only post on the phone, but I can't on my laptop.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400

PJ_Soul said:

Can you post a log in link? (Is that even possible? )
  • Tiz10Tiz10 South Florida Posts: 270
    I hope it's not a security breach or hack of some kind that could have our personal info at risk. Any idea what protocol would be for 10 club in that instance? Like maybe shutting down the site until patched?
    August 17th 1998 Indianapolis, IN
    August 18th 2000 Indianapolis, IN
    June 22nd 2003 Indianapolis, IN
    June 11th 2008 West Palm Beach, FL
    June 12th 2008 Tampa, FL
    October 15th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 16th 2013 Worcester, MA
    October 3rd 2014 St.Louis, MO
    April 8th 2016 Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    April 9th 2016 Miami, FL
    April 11th 2016 Tampa, FL
    August 5th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 1)
    August 7th 2016 Boston, MA (Fenway 2)
    April 7th 2017 Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    jeffbr said:

PJ_Soul said:

There is an announcement about the TO reschedule on the white page that says the site is under maintenance now, meaning that they have control of what that info says. Why wouldn't they say something about why their website is down too??

That's exactly what I'd like to know. There should be some communication about whatever is gong on, and that page would be the logical place to do that and would take about 2 minutes for someone to do.
    Yeah, I even tweeted them asking for some kind of update. Nothing.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    cutz said:

PJ_Soul said:

Can you post a log in link? (Is that even possible? )
    It's not, because to log into the forum, you have to go through the website. You can only post in the forum if you are permanently logged in on your device or computer. I was on my phone, but my only PC is my work computer, so obviously I erase all history and clear the cache each time I logout. :lol:
  • wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    edited May 2016
    They are adding an official periscope link..Cams are on the stage and the sound is from the soundboard..instant bootleg .enjoy..
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    West Coast dates?!??!

Wishful thinking. Happy Friday, everyone!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    community.pearljam.com

Seems the login/logout part is missing, because when I go to community.pearljam.com/login it says page not found. I know from the regular site, I log in and then when I click on 'forums' I still have to click on a 'log in' button to post.

I'm on my laptop and just don't logout, so I suppose that's why I'm still here.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless