Options

THAILAND

Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
Anyone been? Familiar with the country?

Thinking about going for a honeymoon in July, but I know it's low/green season. If anybody's famliar with the Koh Lanta/Krabi Province would be appreciated - if the rain and all that is overrated. We don't mind if it rains off and on everyday, but as long as the sun comes out we're good. Or I've heard the Koh Samui/Ko Pha Ngan side may be more pleasant that time of the year?

Anyway, probably a long shot here, but looking for some advice. Thanks.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    A friend recently visited and his experience (coupled with mindset and circumstances) sounded absolutely amazing and serene.

What a place to honeymoon!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    A forum member here went...I think that's where she went. She said she got a fish pedicure...

Oh, didn't Halifaxx go there last year?

FAXXXI! Faxxxi! Please report to this thread....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    RK, RK!!! Please see above post :)
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    See...this is why my hair is blonde. :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,770
    Haha, thanks, sorry not up on my latest board name changes - does this mean Halifaxxx is hedonist? Finkle is Einhorn, Einhorn is Finkle kinda deal?

Mindset and circumstance is in the right place I believe - looking for the adventure to be getting to the actual spot on the beach from Bangkok, which seem like quite the trek, but then just chill out in one of these $15/night bungalows on the beach and not do much else but get immersed in the sand, and the food.

The whole thing I'm hung up on right now is getting to that part of Thailand via transportation, and what a (roughly) two week stay in green season will be like. I guess it's a total roll of the dice - could be a monsoon, could be rain here or there.

Thanks for the replies.
  • Options
    Ha! He may have hedonistic tendencies, but I am not him =)