WRIGLEY!!!!!

Damn, that NYC MSG1 show got me fired up!!!!!
BRING ON WRIGLEY!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• WashedWashed Posts: 736
    I underestimated my lust for more Pearl Jam between my Carolina shows and the Wrigley show. I'm with you, SPEEDY...BRING IT!
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Those two nights are going to be MAGICAL!!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18
    Boston - 09.02.18, 09.04.18
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    Washed said:

I underestimated my lust for more Pearl Jam between my Carolina shows and the Wrigley show. I'm with you, SPEEDY...BRING IT!

Over the last few years I have really slowed down on the amount of shows I have seen. It was something that needed to be done. I was just kind of losing the "passion", when I would go and see 5-7 shows on a given tour. Each show would kind of "run together" with the last show, if that makes sense. I don't know, the shows all of a sudden had no meaning. I was just seeing shows to see shows. Again, if any of that makes sense. But now, with just going to see 1-2 shows a tour, I have regained that passion I have always had for the live show experience.

And that MSG1 show has me all FIRED UP!
  • WashedWashed Posts: 736
    edited May 2016

Washed said:

Over the last few years I have really slowed down on the amount of shows I have seen. It was something that needed to be done. I was just kind of losing the "passion", when I would go and see 5-7 shows on a given tour. Each show would kind of "run together" with the last show, if that makes sense. I don't know, the shows all of a sudden had no meaning. I was just seeing shows to see shows. Again, if any of that makes sense. But now, with just going to see 1-2 shows a tour, I have regained that passion I have always had for the live show experience.

I get it - it's going to a show to experience it vs 'collecting' shows, almost. We 10Clubbers collect everything and the biggest prize of all (okay, second behind the Benny) is being able to say you've been to X number of shows. I got a little caught up in that for a while and you're right - I loved every show I saw but got too caught up in going to as many as I could, rating them, etc. rather than just sitting back and enjoying. Going to a couple of shows in April then having to wait for Wrigley in August is going to be exciting!
    Post edited by Washed on
    this city is so filthy, like my mind in ways
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Washed said:

I'm in that boat now I've lost all interest in the shows I have tickets to Fenway 1 but that's about it for me , when I found myself asking why am I here I knew what I had to do ...5 yrs ago o would of done anything to get in the door for MSG this year got shut out and that is where I left it didn't attempt any other ways of securing tickets ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Washed said:

Washed said:

I get it - it's going to a show to experience it vs 'collecting' shows, almost. We 10Clubbers collect everything and the biggest prize of all (okay, second behind the Benny) is being able to say you've been to X number of shows. I got a little caught up in that for a while and you're right - I loved every show I saw but got too caught up in going to as many as I could, rating them, etc. rather than just sitting back and enjoying. Going to a couple of shows in April then having to wait for Wrigley in August is going to be exciting!
    Exactly.

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857

Those two nights are going to be MAGICAL!!

I am with you on that! I have a feeling that these two shows are going to be one for the books. Eddie closing out a tour at his beloved Cubs home. I am super fired up for these upcoming shows. The set lists for this tour have only gotten better and better throughout its run, only to find yourself asking, how are they going to top the last one. Fingers crossed to get my ultimate White Whale LEASH! Having found some hope with it after 3 epic performances so far. 22 years since last performed in Chicago! Either way, August can't get here quick enough. Good thing that there will be plenty of rest for the boys before Fenway and Wrigley, so it looks like they will be coming with their A game.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    pearl jam will never play wrigley!!!!heheheeehhe
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”

Washed said:

I'm in that boat now I've lost all interest in the shows I have tickets to Fenway 1 but that's about it for me , when I found myself asking why am I here I knew what I had to do ...5 yrs ago o would of done anything to get in the door for MSG this year got shut out and that is where I left it didn't attempt any other ways of securing tickets ....
    I am only doing Wrigley 1.
    One show in August is fine. '
    I will enjoy it, I will cherish it, I will have a blast.

Its just better that way. Friends were trying to convince me to stay for NYC 2, they had a couple extra tickets. We could have easily added a day to the hotel. We could have arranged another flight. Calling off from work would have been no problem. But the fact is, ONE show was enough for me. I LOVED MSG 1, I didn't really need to do it again the next night. I was happy, I was content, I was ready to go home.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258

Washed said:

Its just better that way. Friends were trying to convince me to stay for NYC 2, they had a couple extra tickets. We could have easily added a day to the hotel. We could have arranged another flight. Calling off from work would have been no problem. But the fact is, ONE show was enough for me. I LOVED MSG 1, I didn't really need to do it again the next night. I was happy, I was content, I was ready to go home.
    I hear you the hard part for me was the fact that I started questioning why am I doing this again after 40 shows you start to know all the bands moves what's coming next you know when Ed will do his jumps etc etc etc , like you said the show is a bonus to me hanging with fans and folks you've met before that is what I enjoyed the most ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....

One of the GREATEST predictions ever made.
    You sat in front of Wrigley and told me one day we will see Pearl Jam play there.
    2 years BEFORE it happened!!!!
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    edited May 2016

One of the GREATEST predictions ever made.
    You sat in front of Wrigley and told me one day we will see Pearl Jam play there.
    2 years BEFORE it happened!!!!
    :)

Post edited by QuarterToTen on
    Nice shirt.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,308
    The reason I won't cry too much if I have to miss Toronto 2 is that I have both Wrigley shows in GA.

The reason I won't cry too much if I have to miss Toronto 2 is that I have both Wrigley shows in GA.

That's a pretty damned good reason not to cry.
    NICE!!!
  • Pearl34JamPearl34Jam TN Posts: 1,102
    Loving the new profile pic, Speedy.

The thumb-to-nose four-finger-wiggle is now my favorite gesture.

Now, to be on topic..I'm pumped for Wrigley! Over 3 months to go
    "Must I keep explaining my decisions to you strangers of the Internet?" - Merch tent 8/19/16

'13: 10/27 Baltimore
    '15: 9/26 New York City
    '16: 4/16 Greenville (VS!), 4/26 Lexington, 4/28 Philly, 8/20 Wrigley
    '18: 9/02 Fenway
    '22: 9/16 Nashville
    ’24: 8/26 Noblesville, 9/12 Baltimore
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

Washed said:

I am only doing Wrigley 1 as well. I wouldn't be able to take the Mon-Tues off work that week so am just doing a quick weekend. And I'm glad I didn't attempt to enter for both nights because the hotel costs would have killed me for 4 nights... 2 nights is bad enough! I hope they play all the good stuff on the weekend. :)

I am really looking forward to my two shows this year Wrigley 1 and Telluride, especially in those first few setlists from the Florida shows... I was dying seeing those and knowing I had to wait 3 more months till I got to a show!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!

Loving the new profile pic, Speedy.

The thumb-to-nose four-finger-wiggle is now my favorite gesture.

Now, to be on topic..I'm pumped for Wrigley! Over 3 months to go

I am hoping my avatar becomes The Poster for Wrigley1....

• xavier mcdanielxavier mcdaniel Somewhere in NYC Posts: 9,052
    hopefully you meet the wrigley puker....
    Reading 2004
    Albany 2006 Camden 2006 E. Rutherford 2, 2006 Inglewood 2006,
    Chicago 2007
    Camden 2008 MSG 2008 MSG 2008 Hartford 2008.
    Seattle 2009 Seattle 2009 Philadelphia 2009,Philadelphia 2009 Philadelphia 2009
    Hartford 2010 MSG 2010 MSG 2010
    Toronto 2011,Toronto 2011
    Wrigley Field 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Brooklyn 2013 Philadelphia 2, 2013
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
    St. Paul, 1, St. Paul 2 2023
    "I play good, hard-nosed basketball.
    Things happen in the game. Nothing you
    can do. I don't go and say,
    "I'm gonna beat this guy up."
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    I'm hitting Wrigley I, sucking it up and going to see Wilco on Sunday in Grant Park, then dragging my sorry ass to Wrigley II.
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2

Hopefully, I am not the Wrigley Puker!

only if they play riot act from start to finish....
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Philadelphia 1, 2016 Philadelphia 2 2016 New York 2016 New York 2016 Fenway 1, 2016
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022

SPEEDY has left the building.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

Washed said:

I think it was the NYC Puker that really rekindled your love of the live experience.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

Washed said:

I think it was the NYC Puker that really rekindled your love of the live experience.
    You may be right.

glad my wit cracked you up sunshine..
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022

SUNSHINE!!!

Damn, that goes back a few years.

SUNSHINE!!!

Damn, that goes back a few years.

That's the peak years of this place.
    Reading 2004
    Chicago 2007
    Fenway 2, 2018
    MSG 2022
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815

BRING ON WRIGLEY!

Jeremy Guy said he has an extra ticket, wanted you to be his +1, and first beer is on you (pun intended) :wink::lol:
    jjflash said:

BRING ON WRIGLEY!

Jeremy Guy said he has an extra ticket, wanted you to be his +1, and first beer is on you (pun intended) :wink::lol:
    First beer his on me!!!

Hahahahaha

Nicely done.

• ZodZod Posts: 9,943

Washed said:

That makes sense. I only go to a few shows every few years (usually Vancouver/Seattle), but that first show, when I haven't seen them play in a few years, it always feels really new/fresh.