*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• Sharon_Hearts_PJSharon_Hearts_PJ Bristol, PA Posts: 1,383
    Bulldog88 said:

Many times I leave a show and want more. Not because it wasn't good, it's always fantastic when it's Pearl Jam, but because I just cannot get enough of this band. Ever.

I will say, I felt very content after this show. I was exhausted from the energy (both what I put out and what I received from the performance, and the crowd).

I have always wondered what the early shows were like.

I was 12 when I bought TEN. It was the very first album I owned. I've always wondered what I missed out on before I could attend the shows I wanted to see.

Somehow, this show makes me wonder no more. I cannot explain, it's not the same thing as the early years, but somehow this fulfilled that long lost quest for me. How magical is that? How on earth is it even possible? After all these years, I finally feel like I was there at the beginning. I finally feel like I found the part that was missed.

This show made me feel complete. Each song, bit by bit, from Once to Release, I relived the very first time I heard those songs, so many years ago. It was brand new and well worn at the same time. I cannot describe the feeling.

Thank you Pearl Jam for bringing me back in time Friday night... Bringing me back to my youth, and bringing me to a place I couldn't possibly have visited all those years ago, but now, I have.

Delight, Delight... Delight in our youth....

I think you aptly described the feeling!
    *Rock and/or Roll!*
  • TheSpectrumTheSpectrum Posts: 119
    Easily in my top 3 shows. This was amazing. The whole crowd lost their minds when Alive started...we all knew what was happening. Unreal. No other band in the world is this good.
    we were but stones, your light made us stars
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I'm still looking for shirts from these wonderful shows if anyone has extras.
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Bulldog88Bulldog88 Posts: 380

Bulldog88 said:

This show made me feel complete. Each song, bit by bit, from Once to Release, I relived the very first time I heard those songs, so many years ago. It was brand new and well worn at the same time. I cannot describe the feeling.

I think you aptly described the feeling!
    Haha - thank you! Didn't feel sufficient enough while I was typing it
  • chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    I thought I wouldn't see a better show after Moline in 14, but this just topped it. Incredible night, I still dont have a voice!
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    edited May 2016
    02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• kc007kc007 USA Posts: 282
    Does anyone have any video of Daughter/Its okay/WMA or RVM from the 4/29 show?

I was on the rail in on Stone's side. I got very dizzy and was extremely overcome with emotion when they played Daughter. Daughter is the song that first brought me to Pearl Jam. I know for many of you its not your favorite song, but the lyrics knocked me down the very first time I heard it back in the '90s. Hearing it that night after hearing all of Ten was amazing. I fainted at one point during Daughter. My husband was holding me up and worried, he didn't know what was happening to me and I wasn't really sure at the time either. I managed to pull myself together and someone gave me some water. It seemed like an eternity during that song, I kept saying I need some water and the security guy was taking forever to get me some water. Finally they gave me some water. I felt better, but I was still very dizzy. My husband kept saying he wanted me to go sit down and we should leave. I begged him to let us stay. I was trying so hard to pull myself together. I didn't want to leave and I didn't want my husband to have to miss the show either. And once you leave the rail, you can't really come back.

Then they played RVM and I just don't remember a thing except the music rushing through me. RVM is one of my favorites songs. As a daily runner, I find myself listening to that song at least once during my 5 mile run each day. It just picks me up, helps me run faster and stronger.

Well my night ended abruptly, I fainted a second time at the end of RVM and security had to lift me out of the pit and take me up to first aid room to finish listening to the show.

I felt better by the end of the night, but the combination of no liquids after 1/2pm (stupid decision on my part) and jumping and dancing around took its toll on me and I was suffering from severe dehydration. I should note, I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, so my fainting was not from anything like that. I felt bad if I annoyed anyone around me, as I didn't want to ruin anyone's Pearl Jam concert experience. Despite the fact I missed the last encore, It was still the best show I've ever experienced.

If anyone has any video of Daughter and RVM from that night, I'd be so grateful if you could post them as I was in a complete fog during those songs and don't remember.

Thanks-

• Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    edited May 2016
    Pure, raw, energy during the intro! The spotlights moving up to the "PJ10" banner in the rafters...chills. And how much do I love that my youngest kiddo screams his head off at 0:53? Pearl Jam kids rule! Philly 2 wins!

https://youtu.be/dwnavDbFF30

Jason
    Post edited by Yoeddy1 on
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • cockagecockage Posts: 454
    ask and you shall receive...

here's the Daughter tag and Alive solo from Night 2....

Daughter Tag: https://youtu.be/ZDhbNmNX8Zc
    Alive Solo: https://youtu.be/AQwvof3-LPU
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    kc007 said:

I was on the rail in on Stone's side. I got very dizzy and was extremely overcome with emotion when they played Daughter. Daughter is the song that first brought me to Pearl Jam. I know for many of you its not your favorite song, but the lyrics knocked me down the very first time I heard it back in the '90s. Hearing it that night after hearing all of Ten was amazing. I fainted at one point during Daughter. My husband was holding me up and worried, he didn't know what was happening to me and I wasn't really sure at the time either. I managed to pull myself together and someone gave me some water. It seemed like an eternity during that song, I kept saying I need some water and the security guy was taking forever to get me some water. Finally they gave me some water. I felt better, but I was still very dizzy. My husband kept saying he wanted me to go sit down and we should leave. I begged him to let us stay. I was trying so hard to pull myself together. I didn't want to leave and I didn't want my husband to have to miss the show either. And once you leave the rail, you can't really come back.

Then they played RVM and I just don't remember a thing except the music rushing through me. RVM is one of my favorites songs. As a daily runner, I find myself listening to that song at least once during my 5 mile run each day. It just picks me up, helps me run faster and stronger.

Well my night ended abruptly, I fainted a second time at the end of RVM and security had to lift me out of the pit and take me up to first aid room to finish listening to the show.

I felt better by the end of the night, but the combination of no liquids after 1/2pm (stupid decision on my part) and jumping and dancing around took its toll on me and I was suffering from severe dehydration. I should note, I don't drink alcohol or do drugs, so my fainting was not from anything like that. I felt bad if I annoyed anyone around me, as I didn't want to ruin anyone's Pearl Jam concert experience. Despite the fact I missed the last encore, It was still the best show I've ever experienced.

If anyone has any video of Daughter and RVM from that night, I'd be so grateful if you could post them as I was in a complete fog during those songs and don't remember.

Thanks-

Hope you are feeling better and try to take better care of yourself at your next show.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Still the best of the tour.
  • EraserheadEraserhead Stoke-on-Trent Posts: 2,827
    My dream was to hear a full album at some point in my life. I've seen other bands do it (advertised, of course), but never expect PJ to pull it out like this. Only been a few days since the show, so don't want to over-hype this, but easily one of the best I've done. Release was incredible. Best version I've heard.
    Manchester 04.06.00, Leeds 25.08.06, Wembley 18.06.07, Dusseldorf 21.06.07, Shepherds Bush 11.08.09, Manchester 17.08.09, Adelaide 17.11.09, Melbourne 20.11.09, Sydney 22.11.09, Brisbane 25.11.09, MSG1 20.05.10, MSG2 21.05.10, Dublin 22.06.10, Belfast 23.06.10, London 25.06.10, Long Beach 06.07.11 (EV), Los Angeles 08.07.11 (EV), Toronto 11.09.11, Toronto 12.09.11, Ottawa 14.09.11, Hamilton 14.09.11, Manchester 20.06.12, Manchester 21.06.12, Amsterdam 26.06.2012, Amsterdam 27.06.2012, Berlin 04.07.12, Berlin 05.07.12, Stockholm 07.07.12, Oslo 09.07.12, Copenhagen 10.07.12, Manchester 28.07.12 (EV), Brooklyn 18.10.13, Brooklyn 19.10.13, Philly 21.10.13, Philly 22.10.13, San Diego 21.11.13, LA 23.11.13, LA 24.11.13, Oakland 26.11.13, Portland 29.11.13, Spokane 30.11.13, Calgary 02.12.13, Vancouver 04.12.13, Seattle 06.12.13, Trieste 22.06.14, Vienna 25.06.14, Berlin 26.06.14, Stockholm 28.06.14, Leeds 08.07.14, Philly 28.04.16, Philly 28.04.16, MSG1 01.05.16, MSG2 02.05.16
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I'm still in awe about the shows we got. Unforgettable!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

I'm still in awe about the shows we got. Unforgettable!

Fuckin' A. It's hazy and seems like it never really happened.

Hopefully a new album coming up, which means a show sooner than later...
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    I'm still so absolutely blown away; the post PJ concert blues are worse then ever because of what they did this night. The magic that went down is still only slowly sinking in.
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    Philly 2 was only my second up-close show. Philly 1 was my 1st. I got desperate and paid a scalper a bit more than face for night one, but Wells Fargo hooked me up with tix 7 rows from McCready for night 2 for face value. They called me right as I was starting to believe I'm not gonna make it to night 2. It was trully a buzzer-beater blessing as that night ended up being one to be etched in rock and roll history. Although, for me, it was way more than that.

By the third song, I was slowly realizing what's going on and I was literally shaking trying to think how I'm going to keep my composure when they play Release because at this point I am sure they are playing Ten. April 29, 2016 was my father's 1st death anniversary. We lost him to Cancer. I'm in the military and I made it to him just in time for his last breaths and just enough time for me to tell him that I love him. I just know he heard me. To this day, that image is stil burnt in my head.

I tried multiple paths to reach the band/crew to request Release. I wasn't even expecting a response, but I did. Multiple. Which made me feel even better about being a PJ fan. I was just hoping that they play it and didn't need Eddie to dedicate it to my situation and whatnot.

Evidently, the song wasn't dedicated to my situation but I took it as such. When he started talking about it and said "this song is about losing a pops..." I immediately started getting choked up. There was nothing that could've prepared me for that moment. On the first note I just started crying like a baby. I hid my face inside my shirt but the more I tried to stop, the more it came out. My girl was trying her best to comfort me but there was just no stopping it at this point. It was a mix of sadness that comes with the thoughts of not having my father for a year now and happiness because I am seeing my favorite band who just happened to play an amazing and very fitting song on his death anniversary. I can't think of a better way to honor my father on that day. Only enjoying the show with him couldve made that moment better. I know he was there with me.

kc007 said:

Thanks-

Hope you are feeling better and try to take better care of yourself at your next show.
    Thank you, and I will definitely be better hydrated for next show! I never want to embarrass myself like that again.

It was a week ago tonight! One of the best shows I've ever attended, despite my fainting (twice).

I'm also very grateful to security and the folks in first aid who helped me that night!!

• rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124
    JK_Livin said:

the shirts we wore? no, i don't have extras. how about an original? ;; )
  • deadlax97deadlax97 Posts: 32
    One of the best shows I've ever seen. First time doing PJ tour (hit FLL, Miami, Greenville, Columbia, Phillyx2) and was blown away by the power and emotion of Ten in its entirety. I think it was my 12th birthday the first time I saw the Jeremy video, and while I enjoyed the music, I could never really relate to the content/emotion present on the album.

Fast forward 24 years and while I still haven't experienced all those things, I can understand and relate. Hadn't heard Garden or Release live at that point and both delivered. I thought the remainder of the show was just so so, the 2nd encore was fantastic, but it wasn't about the setlist for me.

It was about the communal experience of seeing the album played for you in that setting and being able to experience the power of each and every one of those songs with 20,000 others in a new way.

I thought the same about the Greenville show, and while I consider Vs. a stronger album and the Greenville setlist a stronger setlist, the experience of Ten is something I just can't get out of my head.

I haven't seen a lot of Pearl Jam shows. Prior to this spring I'd only been to VA Beach 2000 and Music Midtown 2012, but as a lifelong Phish fan, I understand he critical side of a dedicated fanbase. And can understand shows speaking to some folks and not others. To me, I know almost exactly what kind of experience I'm going to get at a Pearl Jam show, and coming from that other fanbase, it's a welcome change of pace. The song choices are a lot less important to me than the interaction, the crowd, and the sound.

This tour has been fantastic. I've listened to just about every show they've ever officially released, and am super grateful I hopped on this Spring. Thanks to everyone I met and spoke with waiting in poster lines and in neighboring seats.

Onwards to Fenway and Wrigley!

• BanjoBanjo Posts: 272
    rollings said:

JK_Livin said:

They're going for $100 on ebay. Too rich for my blood
  • MakeUSmileMakeUSmile NJ Posts: 1,059
    kemics said:

Show was fantastic, music was great the people were also awesome as always. Met some new people today waiting for GA, Tricia, JerseyMike, Chris, Rich and Marsha(sp?) thanks for an awesome show I hope to run into you all again.

Hey that's me! So great meeting you too. We will be at Fenway. I'm Looking forward to the next philly/NYC run with my touring brothers. :)
    -Tricia

can you feel this world with your heart and not your brain?
    cockage said:

ask and you shall receive...

here's the Daughter tag and Alive solo from Night 2....

Daughter Tag: https://youtu.be/ZDhbNmNX8Zc

Thank you for posting this. I did not see it when I checked this thread before.

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    Banjo said:

rollings said:

JK_Livin said:

They're going for $100 on ebay. Too rich for my blood
    That's a ridiculous price, especially since most on eBay are replicas, though who can really tell the difference anymore I suppose.
  • BRWillyBRWilly DC Posts: 63
    Don't want the boot...need the boot! Gotta relive this show ASAP!
    Mansfield 6/30/08
    Boston 5/17/10
    Baltimore 10/27/13
    Central Park 9/26/15
    Philadelphia 4/29/16 (TEN)
    Fenway Park 8/5/16
    Fenway Park 9/4/18
    St. Paul 9/2/23

Ev Solo Providence 6/15/11
  • MelissaJGMelissaJG PA, United States Posts: 5
    edited May 2016
    This was my first PJ show and aside from really bad sound at times (like a delay in timing between the drums and the rest of the music which was explained to me as the speaker positioning at Wells Fargo), I don't think I could have created a better setlist myself. Amazing! My only regret is not discovering this whole PJ universe sooner. I am on the bus!
    Post edited by MelissaJG on
    First show 4-29-16!
  • crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    MelissaJG said:

My only regret is not discovering this whole PJ universe sooner. I am on the bus!

Same here. I've been a fan since I was little and didnt know this much fanhood goes on. It is crazy and I am more than happy to discover this
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    MelissaJG said:

This was my first PJ show and aside from really bad sound at times (like a delay in timing between the drums and the rest of the music which was explained to me as the speaker positioning at Wells Fargo), I don't think I could have created a better setlist myself. Amazing! My only regret is not discovering this whole PJ universe sooner. I am on the bus!

hello from philly. enjoy your ride on the bus. I have met some great people here.
  • cutzcutz Posts: 11,400
    MelissaJG said:

Maybe it was where you were sitting?

I had no sound issues where i was sitting.

Can't wait for the Bootleg of this show.

• PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 400
    I've digested this concert for two weeks now and can confidently say that this show, my 31st show was the most powerful show I've ever seen. I attended the following shows at MSG which were great but nothing will compare to what happened on the 29th. For us lucky fans we witnessed our band perform arguably the most impactful album of our generation. Each one of us who grew up with this band lived some of these songs or related to the messages of these songs that were performed on the 29th. For me, 'Release' and 'Alive' were two of those songs where the message made me feel like I wasn't alone, that i was going through similar shit and Ed's words helped me get through it. 'Ten' made me love rock and roll. This night was one of the most special musical nights of my life and I am forever grateful to this band.

The greatest American rock band performed one of the greatest albums of all time and we witnessed it..... Thank you
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H