The NYC Puker, also known as the "Jeremy Guy"

So I have what seemed to be a nice enough couple sitting next to me at MSG1. My only conversation was when I apologized, about 5 songs in to the show for kind of taking up some of his space. I think we ended up with an extra person or 2 in our row, so it was kind of tight. He smiled and said "no problem", and all was good. As the show goes on, him and his wife make a few trips for beers, and seem to be having a good enough time. I never care how people enjoy their show. We are all different, Some people sing, some dance, some stand there quietly, some jump up and down, it doesn't matter, its your show, do it anyway you want to. The show goes on, and the gentleman is one of those who was just kind of standing there and seemed to be having a good enough time. Him and his wife proceed to make a couple more beer runs. The show goes on.
The band breaks in to Jeremy, and all of a sudden the guy next to me just GOES NUTS! He starts singing at the top of his lungs, and knows every word to the song. I just giggle to myself. The guy next to me is 'THE JERMEY GUY!!!" But its all good, he knows the song, he obviously loves the song, so all the power to him. But yes, I have to admit I was giggling to myself.

About 3-4 songs later, is when everything took a turn for the worse for "The Jeremy Guy". I see him and his wife take off down the row, and I am guessing it is for another round of beers. On the way down the row it was either The Jeremy Guy or his wife who proceed to PUKE on 3-4 people in the row in front of us. UGHHH!!! Vomit is covering the chairs, and on the backs of 3-4 different people. One guy who got puked on turns around and just starts screaming and yelling, as anyone would. He is PISSED! As he is screaming and yelling, The Jeremy guy then takes his full beer and THROWS it on the guy he just puked on!!!

Not only did he puke on 4 people, but then he threw his beer at one of them!!!! HOLY FUCK! Now the guy who got puked on, then had a beer thrown on him, IS FUCKING LIVID! Yet, all he does is keep on screaming. If it were me, I would have been in jail, because the Jeremy guy would have been beaten to death.

Anyway, as the guy is screaming and yelling at "The Jeremy Guy" ....."The Jeremy Guy" proceeds to make one of the funniest exits I have ever seen. He is staring at the guy he just puked on, and threw a beer on....

And takes his hand and puts his thumb to his nose and wiggles his 4 fingers. Im sure there is a name for this gesture, but I don't know what it is. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Put your thumb to the tip of your nose, and wiggle your 4 fingers.

That is my story of "The Jeremy Guy"

He puked on 4 people
He then threw his beer at them
Then he gave them the old "Thumb to the nose, and wiggle your fingers"
Then he left the building.
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    RP112579 said:

:lol:

Is was SO SAD!!!
    Yet so funny, once the thumb to the nose gesture took place.
  • PJlivePJlive Earth Posts: 469
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA..
    9/1-9/2/2000 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    4/28/2003 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    5/3/2003 - Bryce Jordan Center, State College, PA
    7/5-7/6/2003 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    7/13/2003 - Hershey Park, Hershey, PA
    10/1/2004 - Sovereign Center, Reading, PA
    9/1/2005 - Gorge, George, WA
    10/03/2005 - Wachovia Center, Phila, PA
    5/27-5/28/2006 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/16/2008 - Columbia, SC
    6/19-6/20/2008 - Tweeter Center, Camden, NJ
    6/24-6/25 - Madison Square Garden
    10/28-10/31/2008 - The Spectrum, Phila, PA
    9/22/2012 - MidTown, Atlanta, GA
    10/21-10/22 - Wells Fargo Center, Phila, PA
    10/30/2013 - Charlotte, NC
    04/21/2016 - Columbia, SC
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    hahahahaahahahhahahaahahhahahaa
    im sharing this.,..hahahahahaha
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617

So I have what seemed to be a nice enough couple sitting next to me at MSG1. My only conversation was when I apologized, about 5 songs in to the show for kind of taking up some of his space. I think we ended up with an extra person or 2 in our row, so it was kind of tight. He smiled and said "no problem", and all was good. As the show goes on, him and his wife make a few trips for beers, and seem to be having a good enough time. I never care how people enjoy their show. We are all different, Some people sing, some dance, some stand there quietly, some jump up and down, it doesn't matter, its your show, do it anyway you want to. The show goes on, and the gentleman is one of those who was just kind of standing there and seemed to be having a good enough time. Him and his wife proceed to make a couple more beer runs. The show goes on.
    The band breaks in to Jeremy, and all of a sudden the guy next to me just GOES NUTS! He starts singing at the top of his lungs, and knows every word to the song. I just giggle to myself. The guy next to me is 'THE JERMEY GUY!!!" But its all good, he knows the song, he obviously loves the song, so all the power to him. But yes, I have to admit I was giggling to myself.

About 3-4 songs later, is when everything took a turn for the worse for "The Jeremy Guy". I see him and his wife take off down the row, and I am guessing it is for another round of beers. On the way down the row it was either The Jeremy Guy or his wife who proceed to PUKE on 3-4 people in the row in front of us. UGHHH!!! Vomit is covering the chairs, and on the backs of 3-4 different people. One guy who got puked on turns around and just starts screaming and yelling, as anyone would. He is PISSED! As he is screaming and yelling, The Jeremy guy then takes his full beer and THROWS it on the guy he just puked on!!!

Not only did he puke on 4 people, but then he threw his beer at one of them!!!! HOLY FUCK! Now the guy who got puked on, then had a beer thrown on him, IS FUCKING LIVID! Yet, all he does is keep on screaming. If it were me, I would have been in jail, because the Jeremy guy would have been beaten to death.

Anyway, as the guy is screaming and yelling at "The Jeremy Guy" ....."The Jeremy Guy" proceeds to make one of the funniest exits I have ever seen. He is staring at the guy he just puked on, and threw a beer on....

And takes his hand and puts his thumb to his nose and wiggles his 4 fingers. Im sure there is a name for this gesture, but I don't know what it is. I am sure you all know what I am talking about. Put your thumb to the tip of your nose, and wiggle your 4 fingers.

That is my story of "The Jeremy Guy"

He puked on 4 people
    He then threw his beer at them
    Then he gave them the old "Thumb to the nose, and wiggle your fingers"
    Then he left the building.

Holy shit I'm cracking up on this amtrak train! Great fucking post!
    Please let's here more from others maybe even the pukees.
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Called Cocking a Snoot apparently!

Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited May 2016
    the trifecta of insults....puked on, bathed in beer, and taunted
    ha wow
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    wow. legendary.......

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• chimpatchimpat Posts: 589
    This is amazing. How the guy that got covered in beer & puke didn't do more than scream is hard to imagine. What section was this in?
    "This is about as perfect a crowd as you can get. I hate to placate, I ain't placating...." - EV, 9/29/96

• chadaw76chadaw76 Indianapolis Posts: 289
    Feel bad for the guy who was puked on, soaked in beer AND taunted, but that is a funny fucking story.
    2000: Noblesville, IN
    2010: Noblesville, IN
    2011: PJ20 Night 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Baltimore
    2014: St. Louis
    2016: Lexington, Fenway I, Wrigley I, Temple of the Dog - NYC
    2017: EV solo - Louisville
    2018: Wrigley 1
    2022: St. Louis
    2023: Austin 1 & 2
    2024: Vegas 1, Noblesville, IN
  • SmallestOceansSmallestOceans Posts: 13,542
    Hahahaha that's fucking great. There's always some funny and crazy shit that happens at a rock n' roll show. Getting puked on is no fun though.
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

chimpat said:

This is amazing. How the guy that got covered in beer & puke didn't do more than scream is hard to imagine. What section was this in?

We were in 110, not 10club seats.
    110 were side stage Stones side, but one section to the rear of the stage.
    These were actually phenomenal seats, as we were basically right on top of boom.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn so now we have the Boston puker & NY puker c'mon Canada step up your game !!
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    I see this thread being bumped before all future MSG shows. Great story but sorry for those that were puked on.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Eventhrobro
  • JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,872
    Awesome!!!! Oh how I wish there could have been a video of this. Sucks for those that got puked on though. HAIL HAIL the lucky and unlucky ones!!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Where I am from that gesture was called a pork chop by myself and my grade school mates lol
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • chiwhitesoxchiwhitesox Chicago Posts: 696
    - Chicago G

chicago98-chicago00-chicago03-east troy03-chicago06-chicago09-east troy11_2-chicago13-moline14-milwaukee14-lexington16-chicago16_1-chicago16_2-chicago18_1-chicago18_2
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    Arm raised in a cock snook
    The fans lay in puke and beer below.

Jeremy guy puked in concert today.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • idratherbeidratherbe Posts: 366
    Simply classic, told by a classic! Love me some SPEEDY stories! Holy shit. LMAOOOOOO
    This does Rival Boston 2 PUKE... it's been many years since that thread!
    Never allow someone to be your Priority,
    While allowing yourself to be their Option.

‹^›_‹(ô¿ô)›_‹^›

Please visit daily: www.theanimalrescuesite.com
    Please watch this.
    This was basically myself and my friend JTH, later in the evening, discussing "The NYC Puker/The Jeremy Guy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BAEJyuReWQ
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    PP193448 said:

Arm raised in a cock snook
    The fans lay in puke and beer below.

Jeremy guy puked in concert today.

hahahahah
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • CapnBobCapnBob Lexington, SC Posts: 369
    Columbia 2008
    Atlanta 2012
    Wrigley 2013
    Charlotte 2013
    Seattle 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Greenville (VS.) 2016
    Columbia 2016
    New Orleans 2016
    Fenway I 2016
    Fenway II 2016
    Wrigley I 2016
    Wrigley II 2016
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Geez that puts the decade old legend of the Boston Puker to shame. Fucking disgusting. The Jeremy Guy deserved to get a fist to the jaw after the nanny nanny boo boo gesture. What assholes.

Fucking sucks that people can't control themselves in public. I don't know about you but I have never, ever puked, (drunk and/or sick) without being able to make it to a fucking toilet first. EVER.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I believe that gesture is officially referred to as the "na-na-na-na-boo-boo".

what a great fucking story. Speedy always has one.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,012
    I'd beat his ass b4 the beer even flew. Id make him lick that shit up like a fuckin dog
    People in sections like this need to stick together and regulate bitch ass behavior

most people look the other way as long as its not affecting them directly, its a shame

I met a dude at the 1st preparty who practically got pissed on during PJ20 on the lawn.....he felt the spray and turned around when some dudes junk was near his face. The pissers friends said to him to chill hes just super wasted

Really? The excuse that your drunk or high for animal behavior isn't an excuse.

I've partied with the best of them, Id quit the next day if id been called out for this shit

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    That's an EvenBro for you....
    www.cluthelee.com
    CROJAM95 said:

I'd beat his ass b4 the beer even flew. Id make him lick that shit up like a fuckin dog
    People in sections like this need to stick together and regulate bitch ass behavior

most people look the other way as long as its not affecting them directly, its a shame

I met a dude at the 1st preparty who practically got pissed on during PJ20 on the lawn.....he felt the spray and turned around when some dudes junk was near his face. The pissers friends said to him to chill hes just super wasted

I've partied with the best of them, Id quit the next day if id been called out for this shit

I hear you, but the guy who got puked on actually handled it well, in my opinion. What happens when you beat the hell out of the guy?

You miss the rest of the show.
    You get put in handcuffs
    You get thrown in jail
    And YOU just might have charges filed against you by the puker.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    CROJAM95 said:

"calm down, he's just wasted". "oh, sorry sir, continue pissing on my nose since you can't drink responsibly". gimme a break. I would have kicked him in the junk right then and there! LOL
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    edited May 2016
    CROJAM95 said:

Yeah I agree. If you can't behave yourself outside of your house maybe stay home. In Denver a couple years ago, some guy PASSED OUT onto the two women next to us, fell from the row up, elevated behind them, knocking them down (as you would expect if the weight of a grown man unexpectedly fell on you in the middle of a loud concert with no warning from a couple feet up). The guy's friend posted on here (maybe in the fanview) about how his friend tried to be careful with the altitude and everything, yet he still passed out and fell over. Fuck that shit. Your friend doesn't deserve to go to a Pearl Jam concert only to make it the first 9 songs into the Even Flow solo before knocking women over with his dead weight.

If you get so drunk you puke ON PEOPLE in the middle of the concert, you don't deserve to be there. Stay home and puke all over yourself.
    Post edited by High Fidelity 2000 on
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!