*** Philadelphia, PA Fanviews Here 4/29/16 ***

Comments

• WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 502
    Not to get away from an amazing two nights. But... As i speculate to two future shows at MSG... Ed and Company are all showmen. I'm sure they realize going from Philly to the Garden (which they havent played proper in some time) that they need to attack it. How they attack, will be awesome to find out. I spent 1500 on tix for my wife and myself through stub hub or 4 shows... Money is tough but how can you put a price on this experience
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    When they did breakerfall get right after release I was allowing myself to believe we might get binaural next.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    So emotional. I've never seen so many grown men cry. Sooooooooo intense. Loudest crowd I've ever heard. Hands down my new #1 show.

While I may prefer vs or no code, ten is THE album to play in its entirety. Not a dull fuckin moment and every single person in attendance knows this record. We've witnessed history.

Insane.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    Wow!

Although when they started to play once again, I thought we might be getting ten and told a few people around me, then even flow came on and yep it was happening. Got chills during black and release.

I thought we might be getting binaural after that when they started "breaker fall" which would have been epic! Other highlights for me we're who you are, bee girl and comfortably numb.

Also Ed wearing the Pete rose jersey was pretty cool and mentioning the guys at wmmr.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • LiftedLifted Posts: 1,583
    Thought I was gonna miss this one. Finding a single ticket was a bitch. Waited all day and got one outside an entrance at 8:30ish. Walked into the first opening i saw and ended up front row next to the pit. Band came out as soon as i got to a spot and i proceeded to witness the greatest pj show of my 16 years seeing pj shows. Nothing else to say. I feel so fortunate right now. Incredible night. I dont care what the jaded snobs say, nothing brings it like ten. Cheers!
  • En La ClandestinidadEn La Clandestinidad Telford, PA by way of Kansas City, MO and Milwaukee, WI, Phoenix, AZ and East Greenbush, NY Posts: 3,622
    This was Ten night of course. But for me it was also Mike McCready night. He was the best I've ever seen him I think. He blew me away on nearly every tune The band sounded pretty much perfect all the way through.

It was my 20th show. I'll never forget it. Love the love for WMMR in both shows.
    Formerly Brew Crew Tix
    “If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world.
  • CG128129CG128129 Posts: 6
    Don't usually comment on shows I've been to, but I feel compelled to join the party tonight.
    EPIC SHOW! Was with my son for my 18th show, his 3rd. After Even Flow started, he mentioned that they might be doing Ten. Was incredible to see/hear it unfold, especially with him! First time seeing Deep, and it was probably my highlight. Still amazed that they've been playing RVM for 23 years, and they kill it every time. Have to love a band that can cover a classic rock song like Comfortably Numb, and a punk song like Sonic Reducer and give them both justice! These guys continue to amaze me. I feel fortunate to live close to Philly where they have played so many amazing shows over the years. Looking forward to MSG on Sunday! Thanks to the band and the crowd for an amazing night!
    CG
  • Yoeddy1Yoeddy1 Boise, Idaho Posts: 103
    We were all emotional at this one! My two sons and my wife...in tears at certain points of the show. I was too. This album means so much for my wife and I. Played it over and over during the college years.

I'm still in awe. My other requests don't even matter tonight.

Jason
    Restless soul...enjoy your youth!
  • FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    Show #25 for me tonight! Had 10club tickets in section 102 with Joe!

Wow. GREAT fucking show. The energy in that room was intense. That was the loudest crowd I can remember. Mike McCready ripped every single solo. Ed was so emotional and in a great mood.
    The setlist was top notch. I don't need many rarities. I just want solid songs that flow well. This set was that.

When Master Slave started, we couldn't imagine them following with anything other than Once. The moment they unraveled the banner was such a "is this really happening" moment. I did not think that type of thing was ever done for bands. With the number of sold out shows being 10, it was an obvious connection, but I was hesitant that they would only play Once and then go into something else. After the first couple notes of Even Flow in the #2 spot I knew they were playing the full album. Alive with the lights off, that early in the set, with the loudest crowd, really got it going, and made me happy that the final encore would require changing.

I take back what I said in an earlier thread about not wanting to hear a full album. That shit was crazy cool. I found myself so pumped for the songs on the album (Oceans, Garden, Deep, Release) that the requirement for a novelty in the setlist could wait for the encores was ok.

All of the solos Mike played tonight were UNREAL. Even Flow, Alive, Black, Porch, Comfortably Numb, RVM, Yellow Ledbetter. My face was throughly melted. Mike Is God.

Loved Bee Girl and All Or None. Made me feel like I was in Benaroya because of the number of times I have watched that video.

So glad they played Breakerfall, Evolution, and Leash. I could do without Just Breathe, but it was a great version, and at this point I was literally up for anything.

I was at 8 of the 10 Philadelphia sell out shows! (2009x4, 2013x2, 2016x2) So cool to be a part of it.

I'm so happy, this show was my favorite show ever. I'm a little sad because I don't think the next 2 shows can top this one... but i guess that's ok.
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • I eat my words about not wanting to see a full album performed, this show was incredible. By the third song it had an encore feel to it but at the start of the show, so crazy. I want to shake the hand of the person at the arena who had the idea to get that banner made, unbelievable that they didn't plan it until today. Can't wait to see what Monday night at MSG has in store. Got back home to central NJ a half hour ago and can't sleep. Speechless.
    "I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love."

Continental Arena I - 6/1/2006
    MSG II - 6/25/2008
    MSG I - 5/20/2010
    Beacon Theatre - 6/21/2011 (EV)
    Made In America Philadelphia - 9/2/2012
    Buffalo -10/12/2013
    Hartford - 10/25/2013
    Philadelphia II - 4/29/2016 (TEN show)
    MSG II - 5/2/2016
    Fenway II Boston - 8/7/2016
    Rock & Roll HOF - 4/7/2017
    Asbury Park, NJ - 9/18/2021
    MSG - 9/11/2022
    Camden - 9/14/2022
  • Joe CJoe C Eastern PA Posts: 48
    After a false start last night, we got Ten!!
    Ten!
    Ten!
    Ten!
    They tore the roof of this shit!
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    Goddamn. That was awesome. What a show to be in the pit for! Anybody mention Matt totally screwing up garden yet?
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460
    Just got back home to NY from the show. This was #39 for me and just wow. Mind blown. When Once kicked it off, with the banner, all around me thought that Ten was going to happen. Just incredible. People were just going bananas. Then Breakerfall, could Binaural be next ? ( nah). Energy in the building tonight was off the charts, especially after it was obvious Ten was being done. Props to all those around me in section 123, right on top of Mike. I feel like he melted my face off tonight. It's some experience to be that close to what that man does.

Off to MSG for the big 4-0. How can this be topped ?

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • vitodacatvitodacat Posts: 460

Wow!

I thought we might be getting binaural after that when they started "breaker fall" which would have been epic!

Thought the same !!! I said it to the guy next to me....maybe it was you, lol

*Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0003

wont let the light escape from me
    wont let the darkness swallow me
  • abulrabulr Posts: 80
    As a first show of this tour this will be hard to beat. Amazing.
    9/95 N.O. ; 9/96 Randall's 1&2 ; 9/98 Continental ; 9/98 - MSG 1 & 2 ; 5/00 - Wembley ; 8/00 - Jones Beach 1,2&3 ; 7/03 - MSG 1&2 ; 5/06 - Irving Plaza ; 6/06 - Continental 1&2 ; 6/08 - MSG 1&2 ; 6/08 - Beacon ; 10/09 - Spectrum 2&3 ; 05/10 - Prudential ; 05/10 - MSG 1&2; 10/13 - Barclays 1&2 ; 10/14 Memphis ; 9/15 Central Park; 4/16 Philly 2; 5/16 MSG 1&2; 5/16 QC; 8/16 Boston; 8/16 Chicago 1&2; 8/18 Seattle 1&2; 8/18 Boston
  • adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    edited April 2016
    I wasn't there but WOW! Whoever witnessed this got a blessing.
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Australia Posts: 3,840
    Cmon Pearl Jam u must be due for a fukn Tour Down Under! This shit is getting out of hand!
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • SpagsSpags Leigh-on-Sea, UK Posts: 2,924
    Remind me to get the boot of this one!!!
    Nature drunk and High
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    FrankieG said:

Show #25 for me tonight! Had 10club tickets in section 102 with Joe!

Wow. GREAT fucking show. The energy in that room was intense. That was the loudest crowd I can remember. Mike McCready ripped every single solo. Ed was so emotional and in a great mood.
    The setlist was top notch. I don't need many rarities. I just want solid songs that flow well. This set was that.

When Master Slave started, we couldn't imagine them following with anything other than Once. The moment they unraveled the banner was such a "is this really happening" moment. I did not think that type of thing was ever done for bands. With the number of sold out shows being 10, it was an obvious connection, but I was hesitant that they would only play Once and then go into something else. After the first couple notes of Even Flow in the #2 spot I knew they were playing the full album. Alive with the lights off, that early in the set, with the loudest crowd, really got it going, and made me happy that the final encore would require changing.

I take back what I said in an earlier thread about not wanting to hear a full album. That shit was crazy cool. I found myself so pumped for the songs on the album (Oceans, Garden, Deep, Release) that the requirement for a novelty in the setlist could wait for the encores was ok.

All of the solos Mike played tonight were UNREAL. Even Flow, Alive, Black, Porch, Comfortably Numb, RVM, Yellow Ledbetter. My face was throughly melted. Mike Is God.

Loved Bee Girl and All Or None. Made me feel like I was in Benaroya because of the number of times I have watched that video.

So glad they played Breakerfall, Evolution, and Leash. I could do without Just Breathe, but it was a great version, and at this point I was literally up for anything.

I was at 8 of the 10 Philadelphia sell out shows! (2009x4, 2013x2, 2016x2) So cool to be a part of it.

I'm so happy, this show was my favorite show ever. I'm a little sad because I don't think the next 2 shows can top this one... but i guess that's ok.

I agree with all of this and I'm happy you typed it so I don't have to haha.

My first time hearing Bee Girl, All or None and Comfortably Numb. They were all towards the very top of my want list and they were played within a four song span.

Ten in its entirety felt more special than I ever thought it could. I didn't even pee during even flow :lol: Alive as the third song, Black at 5, Oceans at 7 and especially Release at 11, made my twenty first show feel so different from all the others and I'll never forget it.

This is a top 3 show for me. It has to be. I just don't know where exactly it ends up, not that it matters.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    Best of the tour so far...if you were there you were part of the lucky ones... This show will be discussed for years.
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    hsohi said:

Best of the tour so far...if you were there you were part of the lucky ones... This show will be discussed for years.

Loudest crowd ever. The energy in that building was unmatched.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    nicknyr15 said:

hsohi said:

Loudest crowd ever. The energy in that building was unmatched.
    How many times have I read this over the years. Ha.

Another great concert.
  • JE107307JE107307 Philadelphia, PA Posts: 8
    Does anyone have a picture of the new banner they hung up?
    September 28, 1996, Downing Stadium, Randall's Island, New York
    September 29, 1996, Downing Stadium, Randall's Island, New York
    June 14, 1998 Tibetan Freedom Concert, RFK Stadium, Washington, D.C.
    August 28, 1998, Camden, New Jersey; Blockbuster Music Ent. Center
    August 29, 1998, Camden, New Jersey; Blockbuster Music Ent. Center
    September 1, 2000, E-Centre; Camden, NJ
    September 2, 2000, E-Centre; Camden, NJ
    April 28, 2003 - First Union Spectrum Arena; Philadelphia, PA
    May 3, 2003 - Bryce-Jordan Center; State College, PA
    June 29, 2003 - Bell Center; Montreal, Que., Canada
    July 5, 2003 - Tweeter Center; Camden, New Jersey
    October 1, 2004 - Vote for Change Tour, Sovereign Center; Reading, PA
    2006-05-28 Camden New Jersey Tweeter Center at the Waterfront
    Oct 03, 2005 Wachovia Center Philadelphia, PA
    Oct 27, 2009 Wachovia Spectrum Arena Philadelphia, PA
    September 2, 2012 MADE IN AMERICA FESTIVAL Philadelphia, PA
    Oct. 21, 2013 - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, PA
    April 28, 2016 - Wells Fargo Center Philadelphia, PA
    September 2, 2018 - Fenway Park Boston, MA

• SoybeansSoybeans Posts: 245
    96th show for me. I've been to all the Philly shows (except Dobbs). For my own accounting I consider the Camden shows as "South Philly sellouts". Which pushes the banner number higher. This will be up there though with Spectrum '03 and nights 3 and 4. In '09.

Ten was amazing. Mike lit everything on fire tonight. I really liked all or none. Throw your hatred down is so kick as. Stone and Mike actually jammed together on this one. Who you are is always a gem.

Great job, Philly crowd. Northeast crowds make these shows so much better. Sorry, rest of country, you got no soul.
    90 shows and counting...some of my favs: Randall's Island night 2, Milwaukee '95 night 2, Hawaii '06, St Johns '05, PJ20!
  • SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    SWEET!!
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104
    8th show for me tonight. words can't express the joy I had meeting and hanging out with peal jam fans from Chicago, Michigan and japan...thank you whitey and all your cool friends for letting my daughter and me hang with you all day. just that would've been enough...then awesome ten cub seats!!!!....then ten....holy shit!!!!band and crowd was on fire tonight. this has to be one of the best pj shows ever....I can't be the only person who thinks that...thank you ten club. thank you pearl jam. if anybody met me yesterday and took a picture with me..please send it to me.....my wife doesn't believe I have friends! lol
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    Amazing. Walked out absolutely blown away. I'm still emotional about it. Just wow.
  • live5611live5611 Posts: 9
    edited April 2016
    Wow....just wow.

My highlights:
    What was a special night, Seeing the reactions of those around me when everyone realized what was happening with Ten, I suspected after they dropped the banner and kicked off with Once...after EF it was on.

I thought the radio shout out was cool, Let The Records Play and Spin The Black Cirle back-to-back...I appreciated the theme there, well played guys.

The first encore was a bit unique as others have pointed out with songs from Ten out of play....Just Btreathe was really special for my with and I as it is the song she walked down the aisle to at our wedding. I thought Given To Fly really got the crowd going and Ed's story leading up to Comfotably Numb was great...as was the song, hope to hear them cover it again.

For the second encore it was Baba to me, wow loved that performance and Mike slayed most of the night...I saw the pit explode when a kid on his dad's(?) shoulders caught one of EV's tambourines out of the air. The Star Spangled Banner was a great way to end...thanks to the guy who brought the American Flag I suppose?

Another random comment, the video feed seemed a lot more "produced" maybe than in years past? Not a knock, I really enjoyed the unique angles and perspectives it added.

Come back soon PJ!!! See you in Boston.

Boston, MA - Fenway (1) 8.4.16
    Philadelphia, PA - WFC (2) 4.29.16
    Philadelphia, PA - Tower Theater(EV Solo) 6.25.11
    Philadelphia, PA - Spectrum (4) 10.31.09
    Camden, NJ - Tweeter Center (2) 5.28.06
    State College, PA - BJC 5.03.03