Options

best show so far?

apurajaapuraja Posts: 10
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Seems like we're getting a lot of great setlists. Chicago 2 another bad ass show.. To those of you who have attended or have the boots from more than 1 show, which is the one to get so far?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    EddiesMuseEddiesMuse Posts: 389
    Albany w/out a doubt
    Sometimes "Majority" just means all of the Fools are in Agreement.
  • Options
    joshlsjoshls Posts: 39
    Toronto 2.....
    "I'll see you on the other side." - Sleight of Hand

Top Bands
    1. Pearl Jam - Vs. , Ten , Avocado , Yield , Vitalogy , Binaural , No Code , Riot Act.
    2. Tool - Lateralus , Aenima , 10,000 days , Undertow , Opiate
  • Options
    apuraja wrote:
    Seems like we're getting a lot of great setlists. Chicago 2 another bad ass show.. To those of you who have attended or have the boots from more than 1 show, which is the one to get so far?

The thing is, people will no doubt say the best show so far was the show they were at. I'll say Chicago #2, but someone who didn't go to Chicago and went to Toronto #2 will say that. Now find someone who went to all the shows and get their opinion, and you could have a real answer.
  • Options
    thatgirlthatgirl Posts: 3,671
    albany...and i didnt go to it
    "I hear Fanch has a Pimp Cup and loves Kiss. I think that's all that really matters."
  • Options
    corduroy10corduroy10 Posts: 199
    I went to four shows out of the six they've played. Toronto 2, Albany, and Chicago 2 are all pretty even as stand out nights.
    Barrie '98
    Saratoga Springs, Toronto '00
    Toronto, Montreal '03
    Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto '05
    Toronto I & II, Albany, Hartford, Gorge I '06
    Camden I & II, Washington DC '08
    Toronto, Chicago I '09
    Columbus, Indianapolis, Buffalo '10
    Alpine Valley I & II, Toronto I & II, Hamilton '11
    London, Buffalo '13
    Detroit '14
    Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto I & II '16
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    Although Albany was shorter, I think it had the better set list (Satan's Bed, Red Mosquito, Rats, Sad, etc.).

(and thats to say nothing of a 12 minute(!) Porch)
  • Options
    apurajaapuraja Posts: 10
    as far as setlists go, albany, toronto 2 and chicago 1, 2 seem like the best, but it depends on your fancy.
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    Chicago 2 hands down!
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    Xboxjunkie wrote:
    Chicago 2 hands down!

Longer doesn't always mean better. Well, at least to me. Granted, Chi-town 2 was an impressive set list for sure. I just seemed to be a very radio-listener/casual listener type of set list. That being said, I'm jealous as hell that Low Light was play (still haven't heard it live). I don't know, I guess I'm just one of those freaks that Ed was talking about and how we always want to hear rare shit.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Hartford.
    (biased)
  • Options
    PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Chicago 2

Long setlist AND they got Crown of Thorns!!! (Whipping, Glorified G and Foot Steps would be awesome too)

I don't mean to be pedantic Stryker420 but Low Light was only played at Chicago 1, not 2.
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • Options
    StrykerStryker Upstate, NY Posts: 585
    fowls wrote:
    Chicago 2

Long setlist AND they got Crown of Thorns!!! (Whipping, Glorified G and Foot Steps would be awesome too)

I don't mean to be pedantic Stryker420 but Low Light was only played at Chicago 1, not 2.

My bad. In that case, there is even more reason for me to think Chi-town 2 was not the best show so far.
  • Options
    Albany show definitely looks like the best this far. Downloading the bootleg right now and still kicking myself for not going to the show
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,223
    Boston 2.
    The return of Dirty Frank.

Oh wait, I'm not supposed to say anything about that yet.

Don't read this.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    VedderologyVedderology Posts: 64
    phhhssssst, T2 BABY!!!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    qwerty1qwerty1 Posts: 142
    Went to the first 4 shows. Albany had the better set list, but Toronto 2 was by far the better show!!! Ive never seen the crownd more into a PJ show, and Ive been to 20. The band was really tight that night too, they played great!

Chicago 2 looks like a good show in terms of length and setlist. But the above post was right, length and set list does not mean its a killer show.

Was anyone at Toronto 2 and Chicago 2? Their opinion would be valued.
    This sidewalk is for regular walking, not for fancy walking!
  • Options
    24veddie24veddie Posts: 267
    qwerty wrote:
    Went to the first 4 shows. Albany had the better set list, but Toronto 2 was by far the better show!!! Ive never seen the crownd more into a PJ show, and Ive been to 20. The band was really tight that night too, they played great!

Chicago 2 looks like a good show in terms of length and setlist. But the above post was right, length and set list does not mean its a killer show.

Was anyone at Toronto 2 and Chicago 2? Their opinion would be valued.

i'm with ya. toronto2 was a better all-around show and a better crowd. i would like to compare chicago2 and toronto2.
  • Options
    I went to Albany show and love it, but keep in mind its the only one Ive heard so far. The Chicago 2 setlist seems awesome and I cant wait to hear it and compare.
  • Options
    IampatriotIampatriot Posts: 87
    Haven't downloaded Chicago II yet, but went to Albany and Hartford. Albany was the best I've seen (out of 14)! Red Mosquito, Satan's Bed, Rats, the new stuff rocked, and the 12 minute Porch...was...f-ing...amazing!!
    I will feel....alive....as long as I'm freeeeeeee...
  • Options
    gregkitefangregkitefan Posts: 1,115
    I went to Hartford and it was far from the best show.
    From the set list I would say Albany.
  • Options
    PelicanzPelicanz Posts: 21
    I've been listening in and found both Albany and Toronto 2 to be a cut above, with an slight edge to Albany.
  • Options
    Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    pjamfreak wrote:
    Albany is the best so far away... Toronto 2 is 2nd because no big surprises... same set as usual ! I dont know why people said toronto 2 is better than albany when specially when you are listenning the both bootlegs !!

No Surprises?? Low Light, Cinnamon Girl, Two Toronto Improvs one of them Ed Accapella before Go, Beast of Fucking Burden at the END of Ledbetter!!! c'mon dude what are you talking about..

same set as usual?? Whipping, I got Shit, SOLAT, You Are, Fucking Up, plus the above mention...
  • Options
    Jammin2PearlJammin2Pearl Posts: 266
    pjamfreak wrote:
    cinnamon , 2 impros with one phrase, beast of burden were not songs, just teases..whipping, you are, yellow, fucking up, low light (personnally not my favorites )...I definetly like 9 new songs from the album at Albany and the end with Alive (IM BORED WITH YL and im not the only one) ..

What about real surprises like SATANS BED, RATS, RED MOSQUITO ! 12 MINUTES OF PORCH The albany show was for the freak and check what my name is !! :-)

You have to realize that Satans Bed is my number 1 and Porch is my number 2 so believe you me my mouth DROPPED when I saw the setlist. add in Why Go [another top 5] and Rats...

But to your 'no surprises' comment. I have to say you are wrong. There was plenty of 'surprises' plenty of 'special' moments that made that night very unique from other nights.
    The improvs and tags sure were short but its not length of them that matters its the fact that all of these things added up make it a very unique/special evening.Also when Mike during YL ALWAYS goes into a riff of a nother song a Eddie NEVER sings it and the one time he does, and its with beast of burden, you know what, pretty rememorable.

Theres also the little things, like Ed not siging the end of Evenflow but had the audience bring it home. The crazy Mary solo where mike actually jumped up beside Boom after an extended Boom solo that turned into Mike and Boom playing off eachother ending in a huge high five..Some of the things you cant see from lsitening to the boot, how much the crowd and the band playd off eachother all night, how truly energized and happy they were, how it was more of a party then a show.

of course you can argue about the little things I didnt see in Albany and this argument can go on forever, I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in for Toronto 2...
  • Options
    BangBugBangBug Posts: 34
    Toronto 2 byfar...Eddie was loaded just like in Hamilton2005...that was the best Pearl Jam I've seen To date untill Toronto 2
    Toronto '96
    Barrie '98
    Toronto '00
    Toronto '03
    Hamiltion '05
    Toronto '05
    Toronto 05/09/06
    Toronto 05/10/06
  • Options
    BangBug wrote:
    Toronto 2 byfar...Eddie was loaded just like in Hamilton2005...that was the best Pearl Jam I've seen To date untill Toronto 2

Same same same. Although from listening to the boot, Albany would be about equal for me.
    2003: Toronto
    2005: Kitchener/Hamilton/Toronto
    2006: Toronto 1 & 2
    2008: Hartford/EV Toronto 1 & 2
    2009: Toronto/Philadelphia 3 & 4
    2010: Buffalo
    2011: Montreal/Toronto 1 & 2/Hamilton
    2013: London/Buffalo/Vancouver/Seattle
    2016: Toronto 1 & 2
    2022: Hamilton/Toronto
    2023: EV Seattle 1&2
  • Options
    Riot_MacRiot_Mac Posts: 473
    chicago 2.......
    "hear my name, take a good look, this could be the day."
  • Options
    dcaleydcaley Posts: 6
    i always try and judge a show or group of shows by the setlist (ofcourse), how well the band played together, how much fun they were having, and finally, and quite possibly the most important aspect, the crowd.

(if you downloaded my recording of the show and read the info file, you basically know what i am going to say here)
    anyways, i have attended numerous concerts by all types of bands and i have never witnessed a show like i did on May 10th. the band played great from start to finish. the whole time they were all having an extremely fun time. the setlist, to me, was very good. i love when bands do those little improv's and teases. to me, these improv's and teases show just how much fun the band is actually having.

last but definitely not least, us, the crowd. the crowd at this show was second to none. the loudness and the amount of singing and cheering was just unbelievable. (we've even been acknowledged in that other thread) i have never seen anything like it and probably never will again. (well, maybe not until the next pearl jam show in toronto).

so, if you're still reading, to sum things up, i have listened to the first 4 bootlegs released so far. sure albany's setlist is a little better, but when i listened to it, i didnt get the shivers i did when i listened to the toronto 2 bootleg. ofcourse, im a little bias because i was part of that toronto 2 crowd and all, but my vote goes to toronto 2.
  • Options
    dcaleydcaley Posts: 6
    pjamfreak wrote:
    Brillant, Mr. Caley ! A lesson to everyone here ! but Albany still leads, pal !
    Survey says...

you're too funny eric!
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Chicago One
    Chicago Two
    Albany

In that order for me.
  • Options
    BlackCorduroyBlackCorduroy Posts: 1,374
    Ill go with Albany. the only one I went to so far was Hartford and I certianly realize that was not the best.

ALthough I think when the Bosotn shows pass, there will be a new #1 :D