Options

Pearl Jam to Headline Pemberton Festival

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,919
edited April 2016 in The Porch
Pearl Jam to Headline Pemberton Festival
April 05 2016

Pearl Jam will headline the 2016 Pemberton Music Festival July 14-17 in Pemberton, BC. 4-day passes go on sale Friday April 8th at 10 A.M. Pacific here.

Check the official festival site for line-up, schedule and more information.

For a full list of 2016 Pearl Jam dates click here.
Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• Options
    callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Boys will be busy. Nice.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,746

callen said:

Boys will be busy. Nice.

Indeed.
  • Options
    mr_perfectmr_perfect Posts: 144
    will there be a presale for ten club???
  • Options
    wnh1977wnh1977 Iowa Posts: 585
    Any 10 Club deals? Tickets?
    1998: 6/26, 6/27, 6/29
    2000: 8/15, 8/18, 10/9, 10/11, 10/12
    2003: 6/18, 6/21, 6/22
    2005: 9/9, 9/28
    2006:5/16, 5/17, 6/26, 6/27
    2007: 8/5
    2009: 8/23, 8/24
    2010: 5/3, 5/4, 5/21
    2011: 9/3, 9/4, 9/11, 9/12
    2013: 7/19, 11/16
    2014: 10/3, 10/9, 10/12, 10/17
    2016: 4/16, 8/20, 8/22
    2018: 8/18, 8/20, 9/2
    2022: 9/18
    2023: 8/31, 9/2, 9/5
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,522

Doesn't seem to be the case. They only posted the public sale date, for the 4 day passes.
    Someone said in the other thread that they release 1 day passes much closer to the festival date. Not sure if that is dependent on how well the 4 day passes sell though. I wouldn't buy a 4 day pass, so hopefully 1 day passes will be available, and a pre-sale for PJ's night would be awesome.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Good news... sorta.

I'm not interested in attending four nights with that line up- I'd attend one- obviously the night PJ will headline.

I'm happy that they are making an appearance remotely close to me, but it's not under ideal conditions. I hear nothing but nightmares about the logistical side of this particular festival.

I've been trying to find out which day they are playing. Have I missed this anywhere?
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Looks like a bunch of rap plus... Pearl Jam. Weird.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

Looks like a bunch of rap plus... Pearl Jam. Weird.

Stone is a rap fan.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options

Good news... sorta.

I'm not interested in attending four nights with that line up- I'd attend one- obviously the night PJ will headline.

I'm happy that they are making an appearance remotely close to me, but it's not under ideal conditions. I hear nothing but nightmares about the logistical side of this particular festival.

I've been trying to find out which day they are playing. Have I missed this anywhere?

No, no specific days yet as far as I know.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    And here we all thought Ride would be the logistically difficult show to attend this summer...
  • Options
    These might not be easy tix to get either. Early bird passes sold out, and the Squamish Festival was cancelled this year, so that will probably really increase the demand for Pemberton. But we shall see.
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    edited April 2016
    I wonder if this is it for this year? Jeff said awhile back they only had one more show potentially in the works.
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    I've been to this fest every year. Scenery is maybe the best for a festival, probably better then the Gorge!

Words of advice, don't camp. It's like district nine. If you like some sleep and cleanliness, stay in whistler and take the shuttle which runs all the time. I waited ten minutes max last year. If you want to be part of a non stop anything goes party, camp

The layout of the fest is awesome

Two years ago I got front row dead center for NIN and soundgarden, 45 and 20 minutes before they came on. Soundgarden came on super early which probably affected how easy it was

I am sure they'll add a few rock bands, they always do. The edm and rap music just go with the flow, it's what makes this festival special. It's one massive party

Last year was stupid hot with minimal shade so be prepared.

If you have any questions about the fest send me a message or reply here. I'll help out
  • Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    PJ play two nights?
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    RobbyD462RobbyD462 Victoria BC Posts: 4,768
    chitty said:

I've been to this fest every year. Scenery is maybe the best for a festival, probably better then the Gorge!

Words of advice, don't camp. It's like district nine. If you like some sleep and cleanliness, stay in whistler and take the shuttle which runs all the time. I waited ten minutes max last year. If you want to be part of a non stop anything goes party, camp

Two years ago I got front row dead center for NIN and soundgarden, 45 and 20 minutes before they came on. Soundgarden came on super early which probably affected how easy it was

I am sure they'll add a few rock bands, they always do. The edm and rap music just go with the flow, it's what makes this festival special. It's one massive party

If you have any questions about the fest send me a message or reply here. I'll help out

See you there,Founders style ;)
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/21/9 -Vancouver,B.C-Rogers Arena-12/4/13
    -Seattle,Wash-Key Arena-9/22/9 -Pemberton,B.C-7/17/16
    -Vancouver,B.C-GM Place -9/25/9 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/8/18
    -Vancouver,B.C-Pacific Coliseum-9/25/11 -Seattle,Wash-Safeco Field-8/10/18
    -Misoula,MT-Adams Field House-9/30/12

• Options
    chitty said:

This sounds positive. Thanks.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • Options
    giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849
    PJ_Soul said:

Doesn't seem to be the case. They only posted the public sale date, for the 4 day passes.
    Someone said in the other thread that they release 1 day passes much closer to the festival date. Not sure if that is dependent on how well the 4 day passes sell though. I wouldn't buy a 4 day pass, so hopefully 1 day passes will be available, and a pre-sale for PJ's night would be awesome.
    I feel the same ... not interested in a 4 day pass. But an opportunity for 1 day pass for PJ's night would make me happy. :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,472
    edited April 2016
    I had a blast camping when the Tragically Hip, Jay Z, Tom Petty, Nine Inch Nails, and Coldplay headlined the first year! Crazy no front stage area roped off bruises! There was an anonymous "safe" tent, with no condoms much to a female campers chagrin, although they are sold there. Have fun to those lucky ones attending! I LOVE this band!!!
    Post edited by Spunkie on
  • Options
    iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 777
    I went to the festival last year, it was a great time. Thankfully my buddy purchased an early bird ticket for me hoping I would go...I can't wait!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
  • Options
    trundletrundle Posts: 8
    Weakest line-up they've ever had. No surprise Squamish didn't bother this year.
    Pass.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 590
    Will 1 day passes definitely be made available in the future? Don't want to miss this one!
  • Options
    halvhalv Posts: 678
    matt84 said:

Will 1 day passes definitely be made available in the future? Don't want to miss this one!

A definite maybe. They've released them in the past but usually only a week or two before the festival.

• Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    The Killers have been added as a headliner!
    Improves the overall lineup for me, which had been slightly subpar compared to previous years.

Someone mentioned logistics a nightmare. Not really. Fly into Vancouver if you aren't from there. Take a bus right from the airport, of which there are countless, to whistler and take festival shuttle from there. 2.5 hours one way from Vancouver. You won't regret the decision

Remember for you Americans, the price is $400 CAD, so around $300 usd. Not bad for camping/shuttle and four day fest!

Last year they did release one day tickets and daily line up, but not until maybe two weeks before festival. I think it depends on how well the full fest passes sell
  • Options
    The Killers put on a really good show. I've seen them 4 times over the years and they have never disappointed.
  • Options
    I also see that Wolf Parade are on the bill. They are AWESOME. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBIc0uRxtY
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

I also see that Wolf Parade are on the bill. They are AWESOME. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yBIc0uRxtY

Such a good band! Glad to see they are back together.
    And I'm excited to see The Killer have been added. This is going to be a great weekend.

• Options
    CB6978CB6978 Posts: 49
    Two very important questions for anyone familiar with Pemby fest:

1. Is it safe to assume that the main headliner (in this case PJ) will definitely play the final night?

2. Is it realistic to assume the main headliner would play multiple nights?

Historically what has the main headliner's role been? Thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 2016
    CB6978 said:

Two very important questions for anyone familiar with Pemby fest:

1. Is it safe to assume that the main headliner (in this case PJ) will definitely play the final night?

2. Is it realistic to assume the main headliner would play multiple nights?

Historically what has the main headliner's role been? Thank you.

1. No guarantee that they will play the last night. Usually this festival has 3 headliners, each headlining a night, and the new poster the festival released now shows this: Pearl Jam, The Killers, J Cole.

2. Unlikely. It hasn't happened in previous years.