**Kitchener Fanviews Here**

Comments

• I had an awesome two days... the kitchener show being the better in my opinion... I definitely think the crowd had a lot to do with that... I met a lot of people from the board and I hope to meet more... Here are some pictures of the show... and the after party at the Walper... Well the party was small... But you Kentucky Boys Rock my World ;)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000451.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000425.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000429.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000454.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000455.jpg
    http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a55/Tekno_Junkie/IM000456.jpg

All my boys loved you too!!! and your mom....and annie!!!
    Cheers,
    NEWAGEHIPPIE

Keep your eyes open, eventually something will happen....
  • timrothtimroth Posts: 215
    I think I'll add my two cents.

This was my 3rd PJ show and by far the best. These were the best tickets I have had for any concert. I bought my tickets on ebay and they were for the first row behind the stage. I got a call from the seller on ebay Sunday afternoon. I guess after the stage was set up the view from the front row behind the stage wasnt up to standards so they moved our seats. We ended up in the 2nd row beside the stage on Stone's side, in front of the stairs the band used to get on the stage. Great Seats we could see very thing that went on.

I knew this was going to be a great show because it was in Kitchener, which has some of the most passonaite fans every...Go to a Rangers game on a Friday night and you will know what I am talking about.

I went with my wife who is a very causal fan, she mostly knows PJ radio hits. After the show I asked her what she thought about it because the show was way more then what I expected. She did enjoy the show, the 2nd half more because thats when they played most of thier "hits". What really impressed her was Eddie, or should I call him Ed. We have been to a bunch of concerts together, but she has never seen a lead singer of a band that so in touch in the crowd. From our seats you could him wave and say hi to the fans he knows. She like the fact the lights were on so much so you didnt have to be in the front row in make eye contact with him and you knew that he saw you. She also thought that the show felt like a sing-a-long with just a few friends. But what Eddie did to turn her into a fan was, right after YL when band was waving and all the lights were on, Eddie looked at one of the Techs or Roadies and said "I dont want to go". My wife couldnt hear him say that but she does read lips. She loved the fact that he genaually(spelling ??) didnt want to end the show, which is rare now a days. So Eddie I thank you for turning my wife into a fan.

Does any wanna trade for the boot for the kitchener show, I dont have a credit card. I have the barrie 98 boot and a couple VHS boots.
  • KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    timroth wrote:
    what Eddie did to turn her into a fan was, right after YL when band was waving and all the lights were on, Eddie looked at one of the Techs or Roadies and said "I dont want to go". My wife couldnt hear him say that but she does read lips. She loved the fact that he genaually(spelling ??) didnt want to end the show, which is rare now a days. So Eddie I thank you for turning my wife into a fan.

I didn't think the Kitchener show could be any better then it was, the experience was just amazing. But hearing this just made it even better. Thanks for sharing that :)

Krohn
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • Approaching 30, this was our first Pearl Jam concert. It was on our list. After reading everything that's been posted, it's all been said. However, we didn't realize how spoiled we were until the White Stripes concert last night in Toronto. Anyone catch that?
    We had really been looking forward to seeing them, but it was a disappointment after the Pearl Jam show. They rushed through the songs, ones we wanted to enjoy but sped through too quickly. And basically zero interaction with the audience. We still are glad we got to see them live, but it really seemed like they just wanted to get out of there asap.
    So...from my fiance and I...THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU to Pearl Jam for making this such a wonderful experience! They actually care! They have really raised the bar for us now.
  • edwhoedwho Posts: 811
    Thunder Bay to Kitchener & Walper Terrace Hotel FanView

On a dark and gray Saturday morning I set off in my one man Pearl Jam caravan. Rain started to fall as I found Highway 17 east. Highway 17 would take me along the north shores of Lake Superior and Lake Heron. The second leg of my Canadian tour will take me from Thunder Bay to Kitchener. Yesterday had the weather of a hot summer day but this morning the skies are screaming LONG ROAD ahead!
    Well, I did my research folks. I had the knowledge of many wise Canadian Message Pit members and my own experience navigating mountain passes (in snow, dead of night and fog even) in the California / Nevada Sierra’s. I also had the willingness to drive an insane amount of hours (Fifteen of them to be exact, 1458 km), all in one shot to Kitchener. The lightning and rain only accompanied me for half my drive. By the time I started to head south (still on 17) toward Sault Saint Marie the sky was clearing and the roads drying. At this point the highway gradually went from two lanes to 4 than 6 and the km per hour started maxing at 100 km. Toronto started to appear on Highway 401 signs but I will stay north of the city and go a little west, it was now ‘in the evening’. The small towns with populations of 473 were now long behind me. I’ll miss everybody, locals and visitors. Now the mission was to find the Walper Terrace Hotel without getting lost. It was getting late and I was tired.
    After the long drive I found the WTH without getting lost. I checked in and got something to eat. I brought it back to my room and it didn’t take me long to finish. Tired I went to bed. As I closed my eye’s to sleep I could hear people still continuing the day and night outside my window. I was tired but my mind was now free to replay Thunder Bay; I’m pretty sure it was close to sunrise before I fell asleep.
    I head over on foot to the Auditorium to pickup my tickets after a late breakfast. It’s already a warm, bright and sunny afternoon. I had my Yahoo map and was ready to navigate the streets of Kitchener. I started on King Street to Stirling and once there I turned left. I’m now walking on Sunday thru a residential neighborhood in Canada looking for a rock concert. And here’s the good part! After a long sloping block, I thought would never end, I see 2 W.M.I. walking down the street. The street I need to turn right on. We meet at the intersection and I ask if they are looking for the Kitchener Memorial Auditorium box office for the Pearl Jam concert tonight. They said “yes”. In very heavy Irish accents! I had read Barry’s (Leash) Message Pit thread announcing he and his good friend Steve (Nullifidian) were coming from Ireland to see some shows in Canada. I just couldn’t believe it ‘here they were standing in front of me!’ Barry, Steve and I found the box office and picked up our Ten Club tickets. This will be my new Irish friend’s first Pearl Jam concert.
    We than hoofed it back to the Pre-party and Crohn's Fundraiser. At Rum Runner Pub we found room to sit at the bar. The place was getting full early and everyone was ordering food and drinks. The line next to me at the bar was the order line for people not sitting at the bar. I was talking to different people as they placed orders with the bartender.
    This is where we had the great fortune of meeting Mike (PJINFLA) from Florida. Mike I soon found out was a treasure of knowledge and experience on the REAL EARLY days of PEARL JAM and Mother Love Bone. And to top it off he was one of the greatest guys you could meet. We were than introduced to Cathy (?) of South Carolina and our PJ posse was formed.
    Mike drove the 5 of us to the concert venue getting there on time to see Ed perform the opening song solo. How could you miss that? This was my first time ever seeing or even hearing Sleeter-Kenney. They were much better than some of their Message Pit critics would lead you to believe. I enjoyed their supporting set.
    Long Road opened for 9/11 tonight and maybe the long road across Canada. Bomb’s dropping down, in my ears, oh! so significant. We all believe, we all believe, were faithful. Ed’s double Soon Forget intro into Can't Keep was classic! Solo Ukulele even! W.M.A. tag tonight - cannabis police tomorrow night. In My Tree for me is all about Ed’s clear, deep, soaring live vocal and then Mike in and out of the song with that perfect haunting guitar lead. Indifferent I wasn’t because Vs is where I jumped aboard. That was my encore.
    After the concert was over we drove back to Rum Runners for the post-party. Not much needed to be said at this point so we had a drink and said goodnight. Wow! Another fantastic musical experience captured by all together but very different. Now was the time to sleep and do it again tomorrow in London, Ontario. My new Irish buddies asked me for a ride to London. I said “yes of course.” The last show on my Canadian tour!

Hi, Jeanette (luvistower) she got my extra in Kitchener and she’s from Chicagoland too!

Crohn's sufferer’s now have a champion! With a great amount guts!!
    After Prime Minister Vedder, “Mike you’re the greatest”!!!

Coulda, Shoulda, Didn’t! 1991
    November 1, 1992 Mountain View
    October 28, 1993 San Francisco
    October 2, 1994 Mountain View
    November 4, 1995 San Jose
    October 20, 1996 Mountain View
    November 12, 1997 Santa Cruz
    August 17, 1998 Indianapolis
    October 31, 1999 Mountain View
    October 11, 2000 St. Louis
    October 21, 2001 Mountain View
    December 9, 2002 Seattle
    June 18, 2003 Chicago
    October 6, 2004 Asheville
    September 11, 2005 Kitchener
    The Netherlands 2006!?!??

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

• maakmaak Posts: 58
    everything about this experience was awesome being able to see pearl jam in canada and meeting all of the cool pearl jam fans before the show. thanks to everyone that me and my group of friends from illinois met, especially dan and julie from chicago, brendan and rob from new york and everyone else whose name excapes me at this point. being able to see pearl jam is truly a treasure and getting to meet other crazy pj fans is also cool
    my cat's breath smells like cat food- RALPH WIGUM
  • edwho wrote:
    We were than introduced to Cathy (?) of South Carolina and our PJ posse was formed.

My name's Erin, ya ass!!!!!! Jeesh. :)

We missed you at Hamilton!!!
    We're all different behind the eyes.

You are U, who you are.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    Who was the BIG guy in the front row who was acting like a clown, waving his hands then taking off his baseball cap. He was annoying to say the least, I am sure most of you here saw him. He was right in front of Eddie.
  • G-force wrote:
    Who was the BIG guy in the front row who was acting like a clown, waving his hands then taking off his baseball cap. He was annoying to say the least, I am sure most of you here saw him. He was right in front of Eddie.
    I see that guy at nearly every show, front row center or a bit off to the side. I'm usually right behind him a row or two. Two rows in Kitchener as we were Row 3 dead center that night.
    A friend of mine from North Jersey knows who he is but I've never met him. Must have a good 10C number....

I have to admit that waving of the hat is kinda annoying....
    G-force wrote:

Haha, I saw that guy too from my seats. He was freaking out like that the whole show.
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • A week has gone by and I still can't get the smile off my face. I can't guage the performance on any others from this tour....just the seven other shows I have attended. Hands down the best PJ I have ever seen or heard. It took a monumental perfomance to out do the Neil Young/ Peter Frampton jam in Toledo last year and the boys came through. Can't wait for the summer tour and if this was a representation of how it will go..................

If you don't have to boot, get it. It is a must have for the collector in each of us.
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    Gremmie95 wrote:
    A week has gone by and I still can't get the smile off my face. I can't guage the performance on any others from this tour....just the seven other shows I have attended. Hands down the best PJ I have ever seen or heard. It took a monumental perfomance to out do the Neil Young/ Peter Frampton jam in Toledo last year and the boys came through. Can't wait for the summer tour and if this was a representation of how it will go..................

If you don't have to boot, get it. It is a must have for the collector in each of us.

Agreed. I've never been a part of a crowd that strong. The boot doesn't do it justice, but it's still a great show to own.

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • osoZosoZ Posts: 11
    I saw him from row 4. He was to my right. He absolutely was rocking out like there was no tomorrow. He has to sweat off a good 5 pounds per show.
  • G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    i'd say 20 lbs.

I had a seat 5 rows off the side of the stage so I could not help but watch him the entire show.

It's funny but I bumped into a few people I had met before the show 4 or 5 hours later at a bar. After the typical greetings and high fives and "great show" "great set list"....the band was incredibale ya di ya di ya......The woman says to me...."Did you see that guy?"

I would say that was one of the more intimate PJ shows I have been to. I will most definitely pick up the boot.
  • Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,812
    Here's my pics from the show. I brought a regular camera to Kitchener and London and a digi cam to Hamilton. What a huge difference in quality.

So... sorry that they are so grainy. C'est la vie.

Laura :)

http://gardenofstone.com/images/Kitchener/
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Thanks for the pictures, such an amazing show. When you're in the middle of watching a show you try to take in everything, but its so overwelming, thats what is so cool about the boot it takes you right back to the moment, especially the first listen.
    Ransom pays the Devil, he whispers pleasing words, triumphant are the angels if they can get there first.

P.R.I.V.A.C.Y. Is Priceless to Me!
  • Thoughts on Kitchener - my first show since VFC on October 5, 2004: Our new PJ buddy, Matt, hoped, prayed, wished, longed for (you get my drift) for Long Road as the opener. He got it and it made me happy because of that.

Barry, one of our new 10c seat buddies from Ireland, wanted to hear Last Exit very badly. When that was played as the 2nd song he was ecstatic. So I was happy about that too.

Then, I got to hear Animal, Save You, DTE, and Given to Fly consecutively and I loved it. Great show, and the crowd was LOUD! We were side view so we got to see pretty much everything going on, including Eddie (behind Matt) on his hands and knees hitting his head on the tambourines which were on the floor! It was so funny - after he did it he grabbed his forehead with his hand, as if to say "ow."

The pre-concert party at Rum Runner's was great! Lots of people! My good friends Brent and Mandy organized the Crohn's fundraiser and it was a big success. They deserve a big pat on the back! What a way to start our concert tour. AND THEN to have Mike hold up the card at the concert and then point to Brent was icing on the cake!

Thanks to Moloko for organizing the party and finding the hotel. I promised to buy him a beer but could never find him. Keeping a low profile, were you Moloko? Anyway, thanks again for your work. You organize a great party!

I loved Kitchener - a charming little town. The Walper hotel was great - I love old hotels, and the staff was so helpful and friendly.

Overall - ***** (that is 5 stars for Kitchener).
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • It made me quite happy too, Miss Riverrunner. It was great meeting both you and Butch! We will see you at a US show in 2006!!!!!!!
    Butch,
    Lance was on Oprah today!!!!!!!
  • FitiFiti Posts: 2
    Matt and Riverrunner,
    I've finally taken the plunge and joined the pit. It was great hanging out with you in Kitchener and London. I'll see you Matt, in Philly. I hope Riverunner, you enjoy the new tunes. Give my best to Col and Butch.
    "Eres más feo que pegar a un padre con un calcetín sudado"

"Soy de linaje noble, lo he mirado en mi arbol ginecologico"
  • mattp wrote:
    It made me quite happy too, Miss Riverrunner. It was great meeting both you and Butch! We will see you at a US show in 2006!!!!!!!
    Butch,
    Lance was on Oprah today!!!!!!!

HE POSTED... HE POSTED.... Finally!

Yes, we will make sure we meet up in 2006. I can't wait till they announce the U.S. tour, but I imagine I will have to wait a few months. I am reluctanct to plan anything else for next year because it might conflict with a tour. I wonder if anyone has a good guess on when the U.S. tour might occur.

I think Butch watched Oprah yesterday and recorded it for me, but I didn't get a chance to watch it last night. Butch is heading off to Bogalusa, LA on Friday as a volunteer to do debris removal. I hope Hurricane Rita doesn't interfere.

Oh yeah, check your p.m.'s Matt.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • Fiti wrote:
    Matt and Riverrunner,
    I've finally taken the plunge and joined the pit. It was great hanging out with you in Kitchener and London. I'll see you Matt, in Philly. I hope Riverunner, you enjoy the new tunes. Give my best to Col and Butch.

Congratulations Fiti for joining up. I like the user name. We had a great time in Kitchener and London. We will HAVE to do it again!

I got the music this morning. Thanks so much. As soon as my 10:00 appt. leaves I am going to fire them up!

Have fun in Philly. Wish we could be there. But as you see from reading my prior post "B" is off to LA to do "debris removal" in or near Bogalusa, LA. He will be gone several days. I would dearly love to go to HOB in Chicago, but it is a little pricey and I really don't have the time, either. It is about a 7 hour drive to Chicago and it is on a week day. Oh well, 2006 is not that far away, right?
  • FitiFiti Posts: 2
    Riverrunner, if you like Son Volt, they're playing tomorrow night at City Hall in Nashville. The next closest show for you would be the last of the tour on 10/29 at The Pageant in St. Louis. I plan to go to Philly on 10/22.
    "Eres más feo que pegar a un padre con un calcetín sudado"

"Soy de linaje noble, lo he mirado en mi arbol ginecologico"
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    5foot1 wrote:
    kitchener! kitchener? i was at kitchener!

me too! me too! what a memorable night
    Nice shirt.
  • mattp wrote:
    It made me quite happy too, Miss Riverrunner. It was great meeting both you and Butch! We will see you at a US show in 2006!!!!!!!
    quote]
    Gee, what am I chopped liver?!?!?!?
    Billy McCready gets no respect sometimes I tell ya... ;-)

Hey Riverrunner...in a couple weeks I'm gonna start "that" thread I told ya about....keep your eyes open for it!
  • Hey Riverrunner...in a couple weeks I'm gonna start "that" thread I told ya about....keep your eyes open for it!

OK, you manly man you! Just be prepared.

From the girly girl. Not!
  • eduardoeduardo Posts: 151
    hi, im the guy from peru, i have no words for the kitchener show, finally i got back to toronto at 3:00 am, drunk and happy.

I flew to Canada, only to kitchener show, i choose it, because i think its the smallest venue in all the tour.

Now theyre coming to Chile and Argentina, and i hope they open a date for peru, however, i will go to buenos aires.
    11.09.05 Kitchener
    22.11.05 Santiago
    23.11.05 Santiago
    11.06.08 West Palm Beach
  • AngusAngus Posts: 376
    How about giving this show a little bump?!

I must say, when I returned from Canada, I thought Hamilton & Ottawa were the best shows I had seen. But ever since then... I just keep listening to that Kitchener bootleg. Don't know why. :)

This show had magic written all over it. From the haunting Long Road until the absolutely fabulous Ledbetter.

Thank you Kitchener!
    00: 7/2 (cancelled...)
    05: 9/11,9/12,9/13,9/15,9/16,9/19
    06: 8/23,8/30, 9/9, 9/11
    07: 6/26, 6/29
  • SwordoSwordo Posts: 266
    Angus wrote:
    How about giving this show a little bump?!

I must say, when I returned from Canada, I thought Hamilton & Ottawa were the best shows I had seen. But ever since then... I just keep listening to that Kitchener bootleg. Don't know why. :)

This show had magic written all over it. From the haunting Long Road until the absolutely fabulous Ledbetter.

Thank you Kitchener!

YEAH!!!!!!!! Let's give it up for Kitchener one more time. Everyone in the building knew that when Eddie say 'Ya, its going to be a fun night' after his solo tune, that it would be----and it was....Long Road, soooooooooo sweet... Black, sooooooooo sweet........The band couldnt make a wrong move that night...Everything was perfect. I honestly listen to the bootleg once a week, its just that good! Can't wait for the band to play Kitchener again!!!!!!!!

--Colin
    Swordo wrote:
    YEAH!!!!!!!! Let's give it up for Kitchener one more time. Everyone in the building knew that when Eddie say 'Ya, its going to be a fun night' after his solo tune, that it would be----and it was....Long Road, soooooooooo sweet... Black, sooooooooo sweet........The band couldnt make a wrong move that night...Everything was perfect. I honestly listen to the bootleg once a week, its just that good! Can't wait for the band to play Kitchener again!!!!!!!!

--Colin

Yeah! This is more of a selfless bump since the other threads got stickied again!! :D

Krohn
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    Does anyone have Cheryl Lynn's email address? She was the young, long haired, blue-spectacled Kitchener native that befriended a bunch of us that weekend.

:) great times.