**Kitchener Fanviews Here**

Comments

• osoZosoZ Posts: 11
    So much has been said already, so I won't say anything. I will however share about 45 pictures I took. They were taken from 15th row dead center.

A link will soon be posted on the London thread for my London pictures from 4th row.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNmrZw2cuHNg
  • osoZ wrote:
    So much has been said already, so I won't say anything. I will however share about 45 pictures I took. They were taken from 15th row dead center.

A link will soon be posted on the London thread for my London pictures from 4th row.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AcNmrZw2cuHNg

Thanks so much for the pictures!! C'mon people Hamilton is kicking our ass (look at thread posts!) For the life of me I can't figure out the stupid smiley face I want to post (too drunk I know) I just want/need this band to come and play the crappy Kitchener Aud again! Make enough noise!! We were sitting behind Mike, not the best seats, not the worst seats, and being typical politely Canadian I didn't make a shitload of noise, but I've truly never seen anything better in my life! Sittting behind the stage gave a whole new perspective/experience, you could see the entire crew at work, Ed fucked up his guitar and we could see buddy from the crew walk up crouching behind him to give him a new one, and then on Soon Forget, which he kept fucking up, watching the crew behind them was something else! And for the life of me I can't remember what song it was, but Ed just came behind the stage and just started beating the shit out of his head with a tamborine (sp?) just bashing it off the thing, and it was so cool but I couldn't help but think " what are you doing to your head man!" Sorry if I've gone on too long but I'm drunk and still on the longest high of my life! Amazing! All I can say. AMAZING! Thank-you so much everyone! Because, however much of a PJ fanatic I, am the crowd was almost as entertaining! Best fans ever!!
  • This was my first and last show in Canada cause of money and work but man...they BLEW MY MIND! I am still getting adrenalin rushes when i think about the show..I envy all you lucky people...go rock all the shows for us too!

ROCK ON!
    *i will stare the sundown until my eyes go blind, i wont change direction and i wont change my mind*
  • Incredible is the first word that comes to mind. Of the 7 PJ shows i've been to, this ranks just slightly behind the Toledo NeilJam show. Both were similar in that they were smaller venues with extremely energetic crowds. Kitchener's setlist wins out, but you still can't top a surprise appearance by neil.
  • IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    I gotta tell you guys... you guys have no idea how much it really means to me to be able to give a review on my 'own'.

This was my fifth show, but the first show as a 'hearing' person since my cochlear implant surgery earlier this year.

After going to a few live shows as a practice, my processor disappointed me with it 'shutting off' because it exceeded the loudness level programmed in my processor.

So I went in with low expectations with a different program my audiologist put in, hoping it would work for PJ shows...and came out with a huge grin - it had EXCEEDED my expectations!

My processor did NOT fail me! I was able to hear the whole show!!! :)

I'm so happy to be able to hear how beautiful Eddie sounded...how beautiful and INCREDIBLE Pearl Jam sounded!

The show was incredible!

We thought SK rocked, too!

We bumped into Carrie from SK in a record store! Bobby told me before we went in the store, to look for SK CDS. So we went to the 'S' section...and Bobby said "SK!!!".

"I know, I'm still looking!"

"No, no..." pointing at a girl next to me...."It is Carrie!!"

*gasps* I gently tapped on her arm and asked her if she was Carrie?

She said yes... I couldn't believe it! She was so much shorter than we thought!

Very, very nice woman! We talked for 15 minutes and when we told her we were from Detroit, she said she was playing there in October. I said yeah I know, on the 4th!

She asked for our names and would put us on the list to get in the show!!!!

Kool cat! :cool:

We also just happened to bump into her and Janet the next day at an intersection, but from their body languages, we could tell they didn't want to be bothered, so we just walked by and I shook hands with Janet, telling her I was looking forward to see her tonight (London). "See you in Detroit" Bobby says. Carrie goes, "Yeah you guys are already on the list!"

:):):):)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • PissBottleManPissBottleMan Union City, TN Posts: 4,154
    IamMine wrote:
    I gotta tell you guys... you guys have no idea how much it really means to me to be able to give a review on my 'own'.

This was my fifth show, but the first show as a 'hearing' person since my cochlear implant surgery earlier this year

This is by far the best thing I've read in this thread. You guys are incredible.
    IamMine wrote:

We bumped into Carrie from SK in a record store! Bobby told me before we went in the store, to look for SK CDS. So we went to the 'S' section...and Bobby said "SK!!!".

"I know, I'm still looking!"

"No, no..." pointing at a girl next to me...."It is Carrie!!"

:D That's hilarious!!!

PBM
    "We paced ourselves and we didn't rush through it and we tried to be as creative as our collective minds would let us be over some course of time instead of just trying to rush through a record"

Wishlist Foundation: http://wishlistfoundation.org
  • I dont think anyone in the front saw this but during Baba Oriely(sp??) Eddie was running behind the stage. When he stopped in the middle of the back he dropped his tamborines and proceeded to bang his head against the tamborines on the floor. Classic!!! At the end of the song he just fell apart and had alittle break.
  • KrohnKrohn Posts: 79
    chemi wrote:
    I dont think anyone in the front saw this but during Baba Oriely(sp??) Eddie was running behind the stage. When he stopped in the middle of the back he dropped his tamborines and proceeded to bang his head against the tamborines on the floor. Classic!!! At the end of the song he just fell apart and had alittle break.

I was sitting at centre ice in the Aud. I didn't see him banging his head on the tamborines while they were on the ground. I did see him run behind stage with them...when he came back he didnt have them anymore. Someone from the crew threw him another pair. Were those new ones they threw him? Because he really beat the shit out of that first pair...could see the little metal pieces flying off from my seat!

Krohn
    www.wishlistfoundation.com
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • nevmilesnevmiles Ottawa, ON Posts: 1,363
    IamMine wrote:

This was my fifth show, but the first show as a 'hearing' person since my cochlear implant surgery earlier this year.

:):):):)

Touching story. That's great.

On another note, that's the one "bad" thing about being on the floor, I'm reading all these stories of what Eddie was doing on stage (breaking tambourines etc.) but you can't see any of that from the floor (at least from 26 rows back :)). Although I had an amazing time and loved the show and the setlist and everything, there are still a few things I missed!
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • This is the first show outside the four I went to, that I actually want to purchase the boot to...sounds amazing...great setlist...lots of singing...does anyone have the boot yet? How does it sound?
    Boot sounds amazing . . .

Funny, on the way to the show, driving down the 401, we were listening to the Vancouver show and the quality didn't sound good (hard to hear Eddie talk etc. - sounded like it was recorded by someone in the crowd), so I was concerned the Kitchener one would be the same. It's way better. True soundboard quality.

It could have just been my buddy's burner/CD player but has anyone else thought the same about the Vancouver boot?
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • nevmiles wrote:
    Boot sounds amazing . . .

Funny, on the way to the show, driving down the 401, we were listening to the Vancouver show and the quality didn't sound good (hard to hear Eddie talk etc. - sounded like it was recorded by someone in the crowd), so I was concerned the Kitchener one would be the same. It's way better. True soundboard quality.

It could have just been my buddy's burner/CD player but has anyone else thought the same about the Vancouver boot?

YEs I knoiw what you mean the Vancouver quality is much less than the other shows...you are not the only person to realize that...realized for myself yesterday...dunno why though...
  • Damn that barn in Kitchener looked amazing for a PJ show...I will be getting this boot for sure....
    I'm listening to the Kitchener boot right now, for about the 4th or 5th time ;)...anyone hear how drunk Ed sounds before Baba O'Riely? When he says "One last time, as sober as we can. We're going to say thank you very much Kitchener, from the bottom of our heart" I love it!! Quality on the kitchener show is amazing. I downloaded london as well, and it sounds pretty good as well. These new recordings sound way better then the Toronto show from 2003 I bought.

Krohn
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
    I'm listening to it now too . . . Eddie was definitely into the sauce (as he admitted numerous times!). Such a good boot.

Just finished MOTH and it sounded so good live at this show . . .
    Barrie 08/22/98
    Montreal 10/04/00
    Toronto 10/05/00
    Toronto 06/28/03
    Kitchener 09/11/05
    Ottawa 09/16/05
    Toronto 08/21/09
    Toronto 09/11/11
    Ottawa 09/14/11
    Buffalo 10/12/13
    Ottawa 05/08/16
    Chicago 08/20/18
    Ottawa 09/03/22
    Nashville 09/16/22
  • QuarterToTenQuarterToTen Cincinnati, Ohio Posts: 3,626
    my highlights in no particular order . . . .

standing at the back of the stage watching Ed and Jeff watching sk's set. . .
    the tremendous feeling of anticipation watching the stage being set up after sk - nothing like that feeling. . .
    mike's silhouette in blue light as he played animal. . .
    ed slowly spinning on his stool while singing, numerous times, acknowledging the entire crowd with his hands. . .
    the way mike points and looks into the crowd, like he recognizes each and every one of us as his friends . . .
    jeff's sweet jumps, running around mike's amp like a man possessed. . . .
    watching them just play the hell out of betterman, a song they've played probably hundreds of times and seeing their smiles. . . stone just jamming his heart out.
    ed grabbing the mike stand and falling forward during blood i believe . . . ed swinging the microphone, the look on his face. . .
    at the end of the show, ed's dirty knees . . . .
    ed standing on the speaker banging the tambourine on his head it so hard like he was tryin to break it, silver things flying off every which way . . . . .
    hearing insignificance AND indifference AND animal all at the same show . . .
    ed thanking the crowd for our reaction to man of the hour, anyone catch the dedication? . . .
    the last 10 seconds of last exit . . .
    ed not quite ready to end the show, then strapping their guitars back on for YL, ed laying on the stage, drinking his wine watching mike play, such satisfaction on his face . . .
    running out to go to the bathroom, i know, i know, i couldn't help it, during gimme some truth and seeing the elderly, gray haired usher sitting in his chair tapping his foot and nodding his head to the beat. . .
    the walper pre party, the incredible comradery that we all share . . .

and lastly i must say the entire experience was made even better, meeting so many great people, particularly hanging Katie from Florida- flew up for 7 shows by herself - awesome girl, true free spirit . . .
    michael, speedy, from chicago, right on . . . . julie from cleveland and the whole crowd at the still on saturday night. . .

sorry so long, i could go on and on, thanks for reading
    so grateful for the experience
    mary beth
    Nice shirt.
  • spnoonespnoone Posts: 625
    i've never seen a crowd like i saw sunday night. not ever. had i not been there, to just look at the setlist (man of the hour was the only first for me,) i wouldnt even consider buying the boot but the energy made it unforgettable. its a must own. and my seats were killer. and my date was amazing. and i hardly got lost driving there. i cant put the show on par with buffalo and nothing will ever touch ithaca but i'll say its the 3rd best pearl jam show i've ever seen and that's saying plenty. highlights for me were alive, gimme some truth, blood, man of the hour and the neverending black. so, did anyone else get to thinking... (i apologize in advance, i love matt) that once matt gets spinal tapped outta the band, that drummer for sleater kinney will be pearl jam's next ex drummer? she's a sick maniac. best pj opener i've ever seen, btw, and i didnt know a single song. anyway it was a great, great night. great enough that i thoroughly hate myself for only going to 2 shows. can not wait for toronto.
  • GreyRedGirlGreyRedGirl Comber, Ontario Posts: 35
    tonywellington and I must have been standing close to each other cuz the Cousin Of Linebacker was in front of me. He was freaking out during Habit and he almost hit me in the head. My fella had to grab the guy by the shirt and tell him to settle down.

The energy and the heat there was amazing. Eddie was so talkative and there wasn't 9/11 mentionables. Screwing up Soon Forget was cute, I didn't think he'd drunk enough to mess it up. ^_^

After the show we had to go to the cop shop and pick up our buddy from the drunk tank. Apparently there were two fellas taken away fro fighting that night and one for being drunk. I claim partial ownership of the drunken man. Sorry if he caused any problems.
  • This was my first PJ concert and I was definately not disappointed.
    Great variety of tunes and just full of energy.

The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that I didn't get a chance to buy a poster. Anyone want to sell me one!!!!!????
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    This was my first PJ concert and I was definately not disappointed.
    Great variety of tunes and just full of energy.

The only thing I'm upset about is the fact that I didn't get a chance to buy a poster. Anyone want to sell me one!!!!!????

Are you by any chance from Tennessee? I met a few people from TN and for one of them it was their first show.
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • Are you by any chance from Tennessee? I met a few people from TN and for one of them it was their first show.

I didn't get to meet you!!! I was looking forward to it too... there were just so people to look for...
    Nobody sits like this rock sits. You rock, rock. The rock just sits and is. You show us how to just sit here and that's what we need.
  • PJFaninIndyPJFaninIndy Westfield, IN Posts: 93
    I didn't get to meet you!!! I was looking forward to it too... there were just so people to look for...

Yeah, a few too many people there to single out just one! You'll just have to make it down to the States for next summer's tour***crosses fingers***!!!
    6/22/03 – Noblesville, IN
    10/3/04 – Grand Rapids, MI
    9/11/05 – Kitchener, ON Canada
    9/12/05 – London, ON Canada
    5/22/06 – Auburn Hills, MI
    6/24/06 – Cincinnati, OH
    8/23/09 – Chicago, IL
    5/7/10 – Noblesville, IN
    7/19/13 – Wrigley Field
    10/1/14 – Cincinnati, OH
    10/20/14 – Milwaukee, WI
    4/26/16 – Lexington, KY
    8/20/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 – Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 - Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 - Wrigley Field
    9/6/22 - Hamilton, ON Canada
    9/17/22 - Bourbon & Beyond, Louisville, KY
    9/18/22 - St. Louis. MO
    9/5/23 - Chicago, IL
    9/7/23 - Chicago, IL
  • Are you by any chance from Tennessee? I met a few people from TN and for one of them it was their first show.

No, actually. I live in Kitchener. I just never had a chance to see them before!
  • osoZosoZ Posts: 11
    I am from Tennessee and I was there. There were 4 of us total. 2 of which were first timers. You might have met my friends(or me for that matter but it was not our first show 5th for me and 6th for my wife).
    Are you by any chance from Tennessee? I met a few people from TN and for one of them it was their first show.
  • JJDJJD Posts: 17
    PJVITALOGY wrote:
    how were Sleater Kinney?

howd the audience react to them?

I rocked my ass off for them. I was sitting behind the stage to the left. I figured i was going to get all my yelling out for them and just watch you animals go bananas for the show. You people were pure energy .
    I really like S L. they had alot of force behind them. Their set list kinda brought the crowd in and out. Just as they fired the flame they would turn down the heat . Still i thought they look great from behind . The girl in the black shirt really enjoyed herself. you could tell she wasn't performing . She was getting high off playing her tunes.
  • hsewifhsewif Posts: 444
    I've read every post in this thread and I don't have anything new...it was an amazing show. :)

Not *just* the show....the whole experience. The town of Kitchener (Wonderland), the pre-party....the people alllll of us met.....I think of you and I immediately smile.....

How can you put that stuff into words?!?
    hsewif wrote:
    I've read every post in this thread and I don't have anything new...it was an amazing show. :)

Not *just* the show....the whole experience. The town of Kitchener (Wonderland), the pre-party....the people alllll of us met.....I think of you and I immediately smile.....

How can you put that stuff into words?!?

Gotta try! It's thursday already, and I'm still trying to sort out all the words! Keep this thread going :D
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • I have some more pictures from the Kitchener show on my web server. Enjoy..

http://www.planetevo.com/pj_canada
    2TallFan wrote:
    I have some more pictures from the Kitchener show on my web server. Enjoy..

http://www.planetevo.com/pj_canada

Awsome pics. Thanks for sharing

Krohn
    www.ccfc.ca
    www.ccfa.org
  • wow ... been to two shows in my life so far ... and already i'm blown away and am lucky to be a part of the kitchener show ... played all my favourite songs and kept coming back for more, such a great venue and the energy was so high ... great that they chose to come to a smaller town like kitchener, can't wait for TO this coming monday, she's gonna be a sik one!!!
    - payner

06/28/03 - toronto
    09/11/05 - kitchener
    09/19/05 - toronto