RNDM - Ghost Riding

Ernie VedderErnie Vedder Redlands, CA Posts: 2,221
What is your best/favorite track on this LP?
A54CDC74-AB63-4EC8-9B55-3658DDD136FC-13112-000005CA4B5AFE40_zps094ecfbc.jpg
Tagged:

Comments

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited March 2016
    I still love Ghost Riding the most I think.
    I think the entire album (minus those weird parts in Comfortable) is fantastic. I do actually understand why it's not reaching a lot of PJ fans (judging from the comments in this forum). It's the kind of music that is just "not for everybody". But I fuckin' love it.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    Trouble and Stray are my two favorites.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    PJ_Soul said:

I think the entire album (minus those weird parts in Comfortable) is fantastic. I do actually understand why it's not reaching a lot of PJ fans (judging from the comments in this forum). It's the kind of music that is just "not for everybody". But I fuckin' love it.

I think Ghost Riding is one of the most beautiful songs written in this decade!

PJ_Soul said:

I think Ghost Riding is one of the most beautiful songs written in this decade!
    Agreed! I totally fell in love with it the very first time I heard it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • weddingparadeweddingparade Posts: 1,179
    stray is unreal. blew me away the first time i listened to it. the whole cd is great. not one song i don't like. nuff said there ;)
  • iammine16iammine16 Vancouver, BC Posts: 773
    I'm a big fan of Ghost Riding, Stray, Stronger Man, and Dream your Life Away. A great sophomore effort!
    Vancouver, BC - 2005
    Vancouver, BC - 2009
    Vancouver, BC - 2011
    Vancouver, BC - 2013
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Mountain View, CA - 2014
    Quebec City, QC - 2016
    Ottawa, ON - 2016
    Pemberton, BC - 2016
    Seattle, WA 1 - 2018
    Seattle, WA 2 - 2018
    So am I the only one who is disturbed by those fucking voices at different speeds in Comfortable? The album is amazing.... except for those fucking dumb voices. I think it's a bizarre decision on their part, and it really jolts me out of the mood of the album for a little bit. I can't believe those dumbass voice overs made it past the editing process.
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    Love the whole thing
    PJ_Soul said:

So am I the only one who is disturbed by those fucking voices at different speeds in Comfortable? The album is amazing.... except for those fucking dumb voices. I think it's a bizarre decision on their part, and it really jolts me out of the mood of the album for a little bit. I can't believe those dumbass voice overs made it past the editing process.

I know you warned me when you sent me the download, but I actually dig it.
    Well I am happy for everyone else then. :lol:
    Hey, it's only a few seconds out of an entire album - I'm not really complaining; one brief low point on a great album does not bother me .... Just seems weird to me!
  • May 30thMay 30th Posts: 1,643
    love the weirdness of those voices
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    PJ_Soul said:

It's not reaching me because 10c never sent out DL codes to those of use who ordered teh record from them, which is kinda weak. Just waiting for it to leak, I guess.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    "Stronger Man" blew me away when I saw them play it live.

PJ_Soul said:

It's not reaching me because 10c never sent out DL codes to those of use who ordered teh record from them, which is kinda weak. Just waiting for it to leak, I guess.
    It is pretty lame that those of us who preordered the vinyl didn't get a download code. I've just been listening via Spotify, though.
    JTH said:

PJ_Soul said:

It is pretty lame that those of us who preordered the vinyl didn't get a download code. I've just been listening via Spotify, though.
    Yeah, I was just going to say... this album is on Spotify. But lexicondevil, feel free to PM me - I can send you a download.
  • TimoRitzenTimoRitzen Posts: 147
    So I`m not the only one who hasn`t received it yet? ordered on january 20th. Nice, pre-ordering... Just hope it`s not going down the same road as the limited edition Lightning Bolt vinyl wich never reached me...
    edited April 2016

So I`m not the only one who hasn`t received it yet? ordered on january 20th. Nice, pre-ordering... Just hope it`s not going down the same road as the limited edition Lightning Bolt vinyl wich never reached me...

Right, these records do not exist yet. The manufacturer fucked up (not the fault of the band or the distributor). Last week they had just received test pressings. I'd say we'll have to wait at least another month, but who knows. Perhaps it's priority at the plant now and they'll crank them out fast. :confused: But I wouldn't worry about never getting it.
    What limited edition of LB are you talking about? I don't recall there being one, unless you're talking about the Sevens boxset (which, as far as I know, had no manufacturing issues).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • 63schoefflin63schoefflin Posts: 2,581
    Sevens box set the 10c basically told me to go fuck myself. I ordered it right off the bat the they gave me the runaround for months. Whack.
    '08- Camden 1-2   '09- Chicago 2; Spectrum 1-4
    '10- MSG 1-2   '11- PJ20
    '12- MIA; DeLuna '13- Wrigley; Pitt; Brooklyn 1-2; Philly 1-2; Baltimore; Seattle
    '14- Denver   '16- Philly 1-2; MSG 2
    '17- Pilgrimage Music Fest (Eddie)
    '18- Fenway
    edited April 2016

Sevens box set the 10c basically told me to go fuck myself. I ordered it right off the bat the they gave me the runaround for months. Whack.

Oh bummer. Sounds like the oversold them (if 10C) or basically pretended they'd be getting an item that was never possible to get (anyone other than 10C. I know Akazon pulled that).
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    New York City Freaks. I just picture this wicked parade of club kids, punks, ravers, hippies, & blue collars taking over Times Square & flipping off the cops. :naughty: Wish they could have made a video for this, but I know the budget just isn't there for stuff like that anymore.
    Stumbling Down is right behind it, though.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Still waiting for the vinyl...lol
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    Stray and Ghost Riding are way up there with my absolute favourite Joseph Arthur songs.
    The cd is still on high rotation in my car, it's such a great album (it would probably sound even better on the elusive vinyl though...)
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • PeArLgOoNeRPeArLgOoNeR Posts: 1,247
    I'm gonna go ahead and bump this, since I only just got the album..
    I find myself humming ghost riding all the time these days.. Stonger man is great, stumbling down, stray, dream your life away.. Man this is a really fucking great album! Deserves more attention than it got/gets

Hamburg 2000, Berlin 2006, Copenhagen 2007, Berlin 2009, Berlin 2010, Berlin 1+2 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Vienna 2014, Berlin 2014, Prague 2018, Krakow 2018
    "And you can't recognize the liar who is wearing your face..."

One of my favorite lyrics ever. From Stumbling Down.
  • EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,809
    I find myself humming ghost riding all the time these days.. Stonger man is great, stumbling down, stray, dream your life away.. Man this is a really fucking great album! Deserves more attention than it got/gets
    Amen to this!  Agree 100 percent.  
  • Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,488
    EB218946 said:
    Amen to this!  Agree 100 percent.  
    Same love Acts just as much 
    It would be great to see them live again. Not only are the shows a lot of fun, but both times I've seen them, I've been able talk to the guys in the band after the show.  The second time, I *almost* convinced Joe to sell his hoodie to my friend (they ran out of them at the merch table). He was actually going to do it until he found out that they were COMPLETELY sold out for the rest of tour. :disappointed:
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    Just in case you don't have this gem.
    https://www.deepdiscount.com/ghost-riding/821826012998
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2