Options

Raleigh Roll Call

Comments

• Options
    camsjamcamsjam Posts: 375
    I agree City BBQ has great brisket. Pretty much all their meats are good. BBQ is more KC style (which I like). If you are out exploring the area a couple other places I'd recommend are Backyard BBQ pit (considered Durham but just a little NW of Morrisville) and Bullock's BBQ which is in upper Durham close to Duke Univ. Both are more southern family style type places and Bullock's does not take credit cards. Both have sites with menus. If you want a great old school steakhouse the Angus Barn is a good pick. Happy travels and we'll rock together on the 20th!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    First show in GA. Cannot wait.
    How early are people showing up for rail?
  • Options
    Catwoman1Catwoman1 Posts: 482
    marjen said:

I just posted this on the Greenville Roll Call, but thought I'd get input here as well. I have a question for the locals. We're traveling from Maryland (the Eastern Shore), and will be going first to Greenville on the 16th and then to Raleigh. Any suggestions for sightseeing from Greenville to Raleigh? What cities are fun? We love baseball, quirky places, music (of course!), and art. Thanks for any suggestions!
    Me and my wife are doing the same thing, Greenville then heading to Raleigh. We are spending 2 nights at the Biltmore Village hotel in Asheville and spending a couple days exploring that area. Looks like it has a bunch of breweries and outdoor things to do. Then heading to Raleigh for the last couple nights. Raleigh area has a lot of good restaurants and shops. We are actually considering a move down to that area in a couple years when the kids are in college so going to spend the couple days in Raleigh exploring the neighboring towns.

We decided to head over to Southern Pines (did I mention that my husband likes to play golf???), and then spending a couple of days in Raleigh. Asheville is really nice -- you'll enjoy it.
    You can't be neutral on a moving train.
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    Have 2 tix from General Sale available.
    Sect 208 Row C Seats 7,8 $175 (Face)
    PM if interested
  • Options
    bookerTbookerT Posts: 32
    I got the Aloft Raleigh to offer a discount for PJ fans. Must use this link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1603149099&key=318F2CB7
    They have an outstanding coffee shop and Mexican restaurant on the first floor. Limited rooms are available at the discounted rate so you should book today.
  • Options
    bookerTbookerT Posts: 32
    If you want real eastern North Carolina BBQ (vinegar-based) then go to Clyde Cooper's in downtown.
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    bookerT said:

I got the Aloft Raleigh to offer a discount for PJ fans. Must use this link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/events/start.action?id=1603149099&key=318F2CB7
    They have an outstanding coffee shop and Mexican restaurant on the first floor. Limited rooms are available at the discounted rate so you should book today.

Thanks for doing that! Those of us coming from the west coast have to arrive on the 19th, though. Can't chance a delayed flight on show day.
  • Options
    ZenogiasZenogias Posts: 23
    I'm in, really stoked for my my first show in the US!!

Transportation to and from the arena seems kind of iffy though, any locals know if it's possible to get back downtown other than by taxi (I imagine the cab lines will be atrocious after the show)?
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,556
    Uber
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    We need Raleigh help!!!

Win 2016 tour posters here!!

And help OPERATION YELLOW RIBBON at the same time

http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/250192/win-2016-tour-posters#latest
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    bookerT said:

If you want real eastern North Carolina BBQ (vinegar-based) then go to Clyde Cooper's in downtown.

Now THIS is what I'm talking about... although I have mixed reviews of eastern Carolina bbq I will definitely give this place a shot...

Thanks for the heads up!
  • Options
    dogtowndogtown Posts: 118
    edited March 2016
    I have an extra reserved (195xxx) for Raleigh and Columbia, face value. Edit: tickets are claimed
    Post edited by dogtown on
  • Options
    jjheel13jjheel13 Durham, NC Posts: 222
    I have a GA for trade. My friend backed out. Looking to trade for GA in Greenville
    Bristow 10
    Boston 10
    Moline 14
    Greenville 16
    Hampton 16
    Columbia 16
  • Options
    i'm sure it has been addressed but is there anything around the arena? bars i mean. the map makes it look isolated.
  • Options
    klavicleklavicle Ames, IA Posts: 20
    I plan to spend the day of the show at the Raleigh Beer Garden. Please join me!!! This place looks legit.

http://www.theraleighbeergarden.com/
    Council Bluffs '03; The GORGE 1 & 2 '06;  Kansas City '10;  PJ 20 (East Troy) '11;  Chicago (Wrigley) '13, '16;  Lincoln '14;  St. Paul '14;  Raleigh '16;  Columbia '16;  Missoula '18
  • Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    ComeToTX said:

i'm sure it has been addressed but is there anything around the arena? bars i mean. the map makes it look isolated.

ComeToTX said:

Slim pickins . . . You are a short uber ride from downtown with great bars/restaurants. You would have some traffic heading back to the arena from downtown, but easily go hit a few places prior.
  • Options
    edited March 2016
    klavicle said:

I plan to spend the day of the show at the Raleigh Beer Garden. Please join me!!! This place looks legit.

We might do that. Was looking at Beasley's Chicken and Honey for lunch and also wanted to check out Trophy Brewing. Slim's looks like a good dive to hit post show.
  • Options
    pulling69pulling69 KIAD Posts: 982
    I will be drinking in the parking lot, all day, with a lot of other people....Like we do for every PJ show we go to. Probably eating BBQ too.
    "Populated with every reject and cutthroat from Bombay to Calcutta. It's worse than Detroit."
  • Options
    RE4790RE4790 Posts: 795
    klavicle said:

This does look good and it's right by my hotel.

How is the Uber/Taxi situation in Raleigh?
  • Options
    ed243421ed243421 Posts: 7,631
    The whole world will be different soon... - EV
    RED ROCKS 6-19-95
    AUGUSTA 9-26-96
    MANSFIELD 9-15-98
    BOSTON 9-29-04
    BOSTON 5-25-06
    MANSFIELD 6-30-08
    EV SOLO BOSTON 8-01-08
    BOSTON 5-17-10
    EV SOLO BOSTON 6-16-11
    PJ20 9-3-11
    PJ20 9-4-11
    WRIGLEY 7-19-13
    WORCESTER 10-15-13
    WORCESTER 10-16-13
    HARTFORD 10-25-13

• Options
    JF241710JF241710 Atlanta Posts: 92
    jjheel13 said:

I have a GA for trade. My friend backed out. Looking to trade for GA in Greenville

I got you on this, pm sent
    liveon4legs.com
    co-host, Live on 4 Legs Podcast
    9/1/98 Atlanta, 9/22/12 Atlanta, 10/30/13 Charlotte, 10/14/14 Memphis, 4/13/16 Jax, 4/16/16 Greenville, 4/21/16 Columbia, 8/20-22/16 Wrigley, Nashville/Louisville/St. Louis 2022
  • Options
    marjenmarjen CT Posts: 794
    Looks like I will be there. Grabbing a ticket from another 10c member. Me and my wife are heading down from CT to go to Greenville show then a few nights in Asheville then on to Raleigh. Can't wait!!!
  • Options
    VeddersgirlatlVeddersgirlatl Atlanta Posts: 44
    edited April 2016
    I have a pair of 10c RES Raleigh for sale. Please PM if interested.
    Tickets sold
    Post edited by Veddersgirlatl on
  • Options
    cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,086
    I have an extra 10c res for Raleigh and Columbia (161xxx)
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Options
    abhijitmgabhijitmg Greensboro, NC Posts: 21

First show in GA. Cannot wait.
    How early are people showing up for rail?

My first GA show too.. I'm planning on reaching around noon. How good/bad is that?
  • Options
    DR295987DR295987 Posts: 31
    the wife and i are there... killing 2 birds with one stone as we're scouting the area to move there
  • Options
    I will be there!
  • Options
    tylermooretylermoore St. Joseph, MI Posts: 883
    I have 2 10c reserve tickets for sale
    505XXX
  • Options
    serpent boyserpent boy Virginia Beach Posts: 372
    edited April 2016
    I have one reserved seat available. My number is 310xxx.

Can't wait for this show! I've never seen PJ in NC despite living minutes from the border.
    Post edited by serpent boy on
    00: Va Beach, 03: Bristow, 04: Reading, 05: Atlantic City 2x
    06: Camden, Washington DC, 08: Va Beach, Washington DC
    09: Philly 2+3, 10: Bristow, 11: East Troy PJ20 1+2, 13: Baltimore, Charlottesville
  • Options
    njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    edited April 2016
    Can't wait - Travelling from Jersey to Hampton for show 1 and then Raleigh is show 2 - ever and on my b'day! Made reservations today at La Quinta and Red Roof in Raleigh (both can be cancelled). Is it an easy drive to PNC Arena? Coming down from Hampton on the 19th and will be at merch and will call between 1 and 3 PM on the 20th. Staying to 22nd and heading back north. So psyched! Need to get a new driver's license, lost my pocketbook and have no ID! Have an extra for both shows as I'm attending alone. Raleigh Reserved 10C for sale.
    Post edited by njnancy on