Options

A couple fun facts about PJ at Wrigley

Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,751
edited February 2016 in The Porch
My friend is in town with the Cubs for Spring Training and we got to hang out today and I was told: Pearl Jam sold out both Wrigley shows in 11 minutes and they still own the Wrigley record for the fastest sellout in history at around 2 minutes in 2013 (Foo Fighters currently at #2, 4 mins last year). Also and more importantly, unlike in 2013, the 10Club acquired every single space of the field (GA/Seats) will all be fan club members. No news on how terrible it will be for merch though :(
Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
Post edited by Foriginal Sin on

Comments

• Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    I bought 2 field V tickets in the public sale.
  • Options
    Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,936
    GA I believe. Not the whole field though.
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    sgtppr67 said:

I bought 2 field V tickets in the public sale.

Yes, there are others who also pulled field seats via tickets.com. Maybe he meant all of the 10C reserved seats are on the field...
  • Options
    That makes sense.
  • Options
    sgtppr67sgtppr67 Posts: 241
    if you look at stub hub i think 10c seats are up into the 100's section too. There are too many areas with no tickets for sale for those to not be 10c sections also
  • Options
    diamond_marmaladediamond_marmalade Posts: 418
    edited February 2016
    Ok so the floor seats won't all be 10c? I know this wasn't the case in 2013 but the original post had me optimistic. Either way I think I'll be in the lower bowl.

I think my initial impression when I read this post was that 10c had managed to get all the floor seats as well as seats in the stand. This would make a lot of 10club seats I realise.
    Post edited by diamond_marmalade on
    2007 London
    2009 Manchester
    2010 Dublin / London
    2012 Manchester I & II / Berlin I & II / EV: Manchester
    2014 Amsterdam I & II / Vienna / Berlin / Leeds
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    Strange that they say 10 club has the best seats, yet some got field seats from tickets.com. While some 10 club ticket people will be in the upper deck (which is like 2 miles away).
  • Options
    Do we know for a fact that 10c will be allocating upper deck seats for these shows?

• Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,165
    Sarava said:

Strange that they say 10 club has the best seats, yet some got field seats from tickets.com. While some 10 club ticket people will be in the upper deck (which is like 2 miles away).

Uhh, no 10 club tickets are in the upper deck. There were some last time because there was a lower priced option for upper deck. Some field seats are pretty bad when you're far back and on the side, so lower level seats are often better.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,920
    Sarava said:

What evidence is there at this point that anyone with Ten Club tickets will be in the upper deck? The lower bowl is not the upper deck.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    If the information is accurate, I think the takeaway is 10c seats are all on the field, though, not every field seat is 10c. Ultimately, we won't know until the end of August.

• Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I am going to Florida first :)
  • Options
    3days3days Posts: 1,152
    mattcoz said:

Sarava said:

Uhh, no 10 club tickets are in the upper deck. There were some last time because there was a lower priced option for upper deck. Some field seats are pretty bad when you're far back and on the side, so lower level seats are often better.
    JimmyV said:

Sarava said:

What evidence is there at this point that anyone with Ten Club tickets will be in the upper deck? The lower bowl is not the upper deck.
    Reserved Seating:
    Ten Club reserved seated tickets are being held in some of the best seat locations in the house and include seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start down on the field extending back.
  • Options
    I can't find where I read this anymore, probably because they took down the sale info. But I absolutely saw that they said the first few rows of the Upper Deck would be used for 10 club seats. I know I read it while the pre-sale was going on. Looking at stubhub and some sections empty of seats for sale seems to agree with this.

In any event, I'm likely to be one of them people. I have reserved for Wrigley 1 and my 10 club number is 495xxx. Gonna have a great time either, so don't take this as complaining.

And one last thing - two summers ago I had front row upper deck seats for Billy Joel at Wrigley. You have an awesome view of the park, but BJ was do frigging tiny from that far away that I found myself watching the video screens 90% of the time.
  • Options
    Sarava said:

I can't find where I read this anymore, probably because they took down the sale info. But I absolutely saw that they said the first few rows of the Upper Deck would be used for 10 club seats. I know I read it while the pre-sale was going on. Looking at stubhub and some sections empty of seats for sale seems to agree with this.

It was in the Fenway/Wrigley email and in the announcement in the news section.
  • Options
    3days said:

Sarava said:

It was in the Fenway/Wrigley email and in the announcement in the news section.
    Ahh thanks...I didn't save my emails.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    yep, just went through my 370 emails that I have yet to delete, to find the Wrigley ticket announcement. Does look like seats in the uppers.... unless it changed between then and now
  • Options
    3days said:

mattcoz said:

Sarava said:

JimmyV said:

Sarava said:

Reserved Seating:
    Ten Club reserved seated tickets are being held in some of the best seat locations in the house and include seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start down on the field extending back.
    That would indeed be evidence. Answers my question. :lol:

• Options
    Sarava said:

This is a result of 10c members being waaaay back on the floor for different shows, while the general public was able to buy the side sections nearest to the stage. It's a matter of preference, and 10c doing their best to get us close. For some people, front row of the upper level would probably be better than the last rows of the field.
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    I'm taking "seats in the front rows" of the upper deck as meaning the actual very first row around the park. But, some could read that as the first few rows in certain sections..Anyone have a take on that ?
  • Options
    And if you then take it one step further and see what's for sale on stubhub, which indicates what was not a 10 club ticket - you see the 2 field sections along the far sides, and all 6 field sections in the back have tickets in stubhub for sale.

I guess what we don't know is if PJ had no choice, or if they mistakingly thought front row upper deck seats were better than these side/back field seats.
  • Options
    We were told that all Ten Club tickets were in the highest price bracket. That is what we all paid for. If indeed seats in the upper deck are included in the Ten Club allotment, that could be a problem.

We'll see.

• Options
    3days said:

Sarava said:

This is a result of 10c members being waaaay back on the floor for different shows, while the general public was able to buy the side sections nearest to the stage. It's a matter of preference, and 10c doing their best to get us close. For some people, front row of the upper level would probably be better than the last rows of the field.
    I would agree in arenas. For example, I have reserved for MSG 2 and I know they will behind the GA section. In that case, I would much prefer front row 200 level, or even first 5 rows of 200 level. But Wrigley is different....you are about 2 miles away and the band looks like a tiny spec from that far back :)
  • Options
    tschavtschav Posts: 2,769
    Cubs season ticket presale got me a few seats in the back sections on the field. GA was definitely all 10c, and I'm betting lower bowl/upper deck will be the first few rows 10c seats as well.

In 2013 they had GA/Lower/Upper section lottery options for Wrigley, so I'm guessing similar sections will be reserved again in 2016.
  • Options
    High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    mattcoz said:

Sarava said:

OR up close and on the side too... the front corners of the bigger GA pit this year are going to be complete shit other than watching the screens (which no one knew they would have 3 years ago).
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • Options
    myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855

I am going to Florida first :)

Me too... fun facts! haha

"The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• Options
    JimmyV said:

We were told that all Ten Club tickets were in the highest price bracket. That is what we all paid for. If indeed seats in the upper deck are included in the Ten Club allotment, that could be a problem.

We'll see.

The 400 level in the upper deck were at the highest price range, while the 500 level (upper deck behind the 400 level) and 200 level (lower deck, underneath the upper deck) were at a lower price level.
  • Options
    GoFish72GoFish72 Rock Hill, SC Posts: 20
    I know that this is off topic, sorry. Need help from Cubs fans. I plan to catch a game while I'm there for the show. If able to attend only one Cubs game at Wrigley...would you suggest I purchase the "best ticket available", or sit in the bleechers?
    8/25/92: Charlotte, Lollapalooza
    8/4/00: Charlotte
    9/22/12: Atlanta Music Fest
    10/29/13: Charlottesville
    10/30/13: Charlotte
    4/16/16: Greenville
    4/21/16: Columbia
    8/20/16: Chicago
    9/2/18  Boston
    9/4/18  Boston
    9/18/22 St. Louis 
  • Options
    GoFish72 said:

I know that this is off topic, sorry. Need help from Cubs fans. I plan to catch a game while I'm there for the show. If able to attend only one Cubs game at Wrigley...would you suggest I purchase the "best ticket available", or sit in the bleechers?

The first question would be to ask how old are you, or how old do you act? The bleachers are obviously iconic, but in the summer you will run into some younger people who oftentimes are there to just get as drunk as possible. This won't happen every time, but it is more likely in the bleachers. They are also general admission, and thus first come, first serve. If you are in a big group that might be an issue in getting a decent seat if you don't want to arrive early. And there won't be any shade in the bleachers. You can't go wrong with either, but if you are getting seats I'd just avoid the upper rows in the 200 level because of the poles and the upper deck blocking your view of fly balls.
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    GoFish72 said:

BLEACHERS!!!!!
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.