Options

Pearl Jam to headline Ride Festival

Comments

• Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    edited February 2016
    Fuck YESSSS! I'm so excited for this, never thought it would be possible since this fest is small. Going to be SUCH an amazing time, Telluride is gorgeous! The Denver radio DJs have been hinting at a local show for quite some time, did not see this coming. The Rockies are beautiful in the summer.
    And you know, the higher you go the higher you get ;)
    SEE YOU ALL WHEN YOU GET HERE!
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    So does this now make Wrigley N2 show 1000?
  • Options
    Sugar-MagnoliaSugar-Magnolia Loveland, CO Posts: 233
    Red Lukin said:

I hadn't even thought of this yet!
    *Denver 04-01-2003*ACL 10-04-2009*Colombus 05-06-2010*Noblesville 05-07-2010*Bridge School 10-23 & 10-24-2010*PJ20 09-03 & 09-04-2011*Deluna Fest 09-21-2012*Wrigley Field 07-19-2013*Ok City 11-16-2013*Moline (Rail, Hometown!)10-17-2014*St Paul 10-19-2014*Milwaukee 10-20-2014*Denver 10-22-2014*
    *Ed Solo: Detroit 06-26-2011, Chicago 06-29-2011*
  • Options
    blenderman69blenderman69 philly Posts: 2,104

heard that cage the elephant is pretty good....

saw them open for the black keys and they were very good. the singer is a wildman
  • Options
    BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    Red Lukin said:

Nope. Quebec City is still 1000.
  • Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I'm just going based on stat tracker. 967, plus South America shows, plus 2016 equal exactly 1000
  • Options
    Anybody know how much tickets have been in the past for this festival?
    107 Shows and counting
  • Options
    I can't believe people aren't talking more about this. This announcement is absolutely incredible. Having been to Telluride twice before, it's one of the greatest places on Earth. And a great place to see a show. Amazing that a band that sells out Fenway and Wrigley is going to play Telluride. Anyone know the capacity for the Telluride venue? I wanna say 9,000, but I could be wrong.
  • Options
    steeler4lifesteeler4life Philadelphia area Posts: 405
    How much will tickets be for this? Maybe based on the past if anyone has any info...
    Philly 10/21/13 Seattle 12/06/13 "No Code" 10/17/14
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

How much will tickets be for this? Maybe based on the past if anyone has any info...

I searched earlier. I think it said last year was 175. No day passes. Extra cost for camping pass per individual.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,539

Last year 175 for weekend g.a.
    375 for vip
    No day passes
    Camping extra
  • Options
    Jerry Joseph & the Jackmormons are amazing. I can't think of many singer/songwriters that bring such power to the stage as the Reverend Jerry Joseph. Pure and raw as they come. What a day this will be for those attending. Congratulations!
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I bet the price goes up a few $ this year

I really wish I could make this
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,621
    Damn I hope I'm getting a big fat tax refund this year.....this place looks amazing!
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,637
    edited February 2016
    BS44325 said:

Red Lukin said:

Simply not true setlist.fm has been debunked.
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254

BS44325 said:

Red Lukin said:

I think it depends on whether you consider some of their performances on SNL and other talk shows...Letterman...Colbert...Jimmy Fallon...etc. as an actual "show"
    These "shows" are included in the statistics on PJ Stat Tracker, Live Footsteps and setlist.fm
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• Options

I can't believe people aren't talking more about this. This announcement is absolutely incredible. Having been to Telluride twice before, it's one of the greatest places on Earth. And a great place to see a show. Amazing that a band that sells out Fenway and Wrigley is going to play Telluride. Anyone know the capacity for the Telluride venue? I wanna say 9,000, but I could be wrong.

i would say you are about accurate with the capacity. i also am stunned about this show in T'ride. i would love to make the trip to see this but can't justify flying to CO just for one show. BUT i have a feeling more shows are going to get added around this show so hopefully the band will give us a good reason to make this a destination event.
    no offence to any other artists on the line up but PJ are clearly the major band on this line up. it won't be like the other festivals where there is tons of a++ talent. my bet is this will not be a typical festival set.
  • Options
    this is an outdoor festival so why would the capacity be 9,000? I assume they could go bigger if needed?
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,637
    edited February 2016
    derbydave said:

BS44325 said:

Red Lukin said:

I think it depends on whether you consider some of their performances on SNL and other talk shows...Letterman...Colbert...Jimmy Fallon...etc. as an actual "show"
    These "shows" are included in the statistics on PJ Stat Tracker, Live Footsteps and setlist.fm
    Not going to go through all the data - but people using setlist.fm as a source to say Quebec is 1000 - I'm sure there are other issues such as:

http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/pearl-jam/2001/rose-garden-arena-portland-or-4bd64342.html

Are we suppose to include EV solo shows?
    Post edited by Indifference on

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    my2hands said:

this is an outdoor festival so why would the capacity be 9,000? I assume they could go bigger if needed?

Looks like for the other festivals there they cap capacity at 12,000. The venue area isn't all that big which is nice. Keep in mind this in the middle of a very small mountain town. It's a great venue and the sound is usually spot on.
  • Options
    This is such great news. Any info on a pre-sale or anything else for 10c?
  • Options
    my2hands said:

the area that the bands play isn't like a massive open field. it has definite space restrictions. small town. small park.
    and they just rebuilt the stage there. brand new this year!
  • Options
    Telluride Fun FAQs
    1. The area surrounding Telluride has the highest concentration of 14,000 foot peaks in North America.
    2. The only FREE gondola public transportation system in North America provides transportation and access to trails as well as Telluride and Mountain Village.
    3. L.L. Nunn, the engineer that brought alternating current to the world, invented it in Telluride. Once called the City of Lights, Telluride was the first city in the world to have electric street lamps.
    4. Bridal Veil Falls, located at the east end of Telluride, is Colorado’s tallest free-falling waterfall.
    5. Condé Nast Traveler has named Telluride North America’s best ski resort for three years running.
    6. The nearest stoplight is 45 miles away.
    7. Butch Cassidy robbed his first bank in Telluride on June 24, 1889.
    8. Telluride was used as a summer camp for centuries by the Ute Indians.
    9. Telluride was originally called Columbia changing its name to Telluride in 1878.
    10. Due to its significant role in the history of the American West, the core area of Telluride was designated a National Historic Landmark District in 1964. This listing is the highest level of historic status available to sites designated by the United States Secretary of the Interior. Telluride is one of only four other Colorado communities with this honor. The sites are so special that, in theory, they are eligible for consideration as National Parks.

for people who have never been and are on the fence...check out some of the pictures from the photo gallery...this sunset one is incredible
    http://ridefestival.com/artists/2014-photo-gallery/2/
    and this is the view the performers get when playing !
    http://ridefestival.com/artists/2013-photo-gallery/
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818
    edited February 2016

wow...would like to go visit nonetheless see a show
    Post edited by pjalive21 on
  • Options
    WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    I imagine with such a small capacity, it's going to be a dogfight to get tickets. Only show scheduled west of the Mississippi so far. Hoping they will announce some other western dates. That could relieve a little bit of the demand. Probably not, but who knows?
  • Options
    As for the number of shows debate, I would say No to SNL, Letterman, etc as shows. I would think the criteria would have to be 4+ songs to be a show. It comes down to thinking if that "Target" performance in Minn counts as a show. That was 3 songs and I never believed that it was a proper show.

Even 4 songs is stretching it but at least 4 songs is like 15-20 minutes of music.

I do believe Tibetian Freedom 98 with 8 songs was a show so maybe it falls in between the Target '09 and TFC 98.

As far as Eddie solo shows counting, i don't think anyone agrees they should count. Especially if you've been to an EV show. It's great, but totally different.
  • Options

I imagine with such a small capacity, it's going to be a dogfight to get tickets. Only show scheduled west of the Mississippi so far. Hoping they will announce some other western dates. That could relieve a little bit of the demand. Probably not, but who knows?

hard to say if it will sell out but telluride is not an easy place to get to and not easy/cheap to plan to stay there.
    my guess is more dates are coming...just wish they would announce whats going on before the public on sale date(friday march 4th)
  • Options
    primussucksprimussucks Posts: 2,331

hard to say if it will sell out but telluride is not an easy place to get to and not easy/cheap to plan to stay there.
    my guess is more dates are coming...just wish they would announce whats going on before the public on sale date(friday march 4th)
    Unlikely they announce more dates until all the festivals they are playing get announced first. Remember they held off announcing the spring dates until the day jazz fest and Bonnaroo made their announcements. Also with such a small capacity and pj headlining this will sell out in minutes. I live in Wisconsin and am thinking about going. Although I've been holding out for red rocks all along. Havent bought for any shows yet. I've been convinced it's happening this year!!
    Summerfest 7/8/95
    Missoula 6/20/98
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98 & 6/27/98
    Alpine Valley 10/8/00 
    Champaign 4/23/03
    Alpine Valley 6/21/03
    Missoula 8/29/05
    Chicago 5/16 & 17/06
    Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Summerfest 6/29/06 & 6/30/06
    Tampa 6/12/08
    Chicago 8/23/09
    Indy 5/7/10
    Alpine Valley x2 2011
    Wrigley 2013
    Milwaukee 14
    Telluride 16
  • Options

my2hands said:

Looks like for the other festivals there they cap capacity at 12,000.
    holy shit... this is killing me

• Options
    Telluride Town Parks & Rec approved a capacity of 11,500 today, which is up from the usual festival capacity of 9,000.