SHOCKER: my tickets from yesterday are on stubhub

Comments

• wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• You should be glad you didn't get those, the view is obstructed and you cant see anything. Ive sat there before.

How are they obstructed? I ask because I got A1 row 19, and I didn't dare throw them back for fear of getting nothing. They don't look THAT terrible.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    What happened with the sale?? I am somehow oblivious.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    edited February 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

tickets.com, for whatever reason, had the fenway performances listed for purchase earlier than advertised. people caught wind of it and placed orders for the shows. tickets.com later sent e-mails stating all early purchases were canceled considering it wasn't fair to the upcoming public sale on the 12th. many purchasers think tickets.com should have honored the sales.
    Post edited by Shakescky on
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • zmanzman Posts: 502
    all these ticket vendors are in cahoots with the scalpers. no doubt in my mind
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    zman said:

all these ticket vendors are in cahoots with the scalpers. no doubt in my mind

it's one dysfunctional family of vampire squid assuring revenue streams for the not so bright of the bunch, lmao

• HollisBrownHollisBrown Posts: 4,311
    zman said:

all these ticket vendors are the scalpers. no doubt in my mind

Fixed.
    TRANSPLANTS SAVE LIVES
    www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    problem for me is the law
    in Greece,reselling tickets for concerts,sports event,theater play etc is illigal,consider as black market and its a crime
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    Just checked and the tickets I had are on Vivid for $264 each.
  • zmanzman Posts: 502

zman said:

all these ticket vendors are the scalpers. no doubt in my mind

Fixed.
    thanks. I was wrong. u are right

totally corrupt system. and people that say "jus don't buy from the scalpers and they will just go out of business" aren't diehard concertgoers and don't really care about going in the first place

shouldn't be up to us to fix it. should be the law to fix it. there are many agency's that are supposed to look out for consumers. but they r prob on the take too

• lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

same here. Too many people crying and calling tickets.com/red sox yesterday. Heaven forbid they be happy we got tix.

Isnt it just amazing!

10club members had THE BEST SEATS YESTERDAY!!!
    Other 10club members are calling Fenway, and live Nation whining and crying.
    All sales get cancelled.

AND NOW THE BOTS HAVE THE TICKETS!!!
    Fan club members get nothing.

Like you said.
    Heaven forbid they be happy.
    Heaven forbid they come here and "high five" the lucky people.
    And in the end, everyone loses. Except the ticketing agencies and their gang of resellers.

Unfortunately there are people who will pay insane amounts of money to see live bands, so they have carved themselves a nice little guaranteed niche until the law decides to step in.
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 863
    Said this in another thread, but going to put it here as well. This whole "scalper conspiracy" you guys have put together is entirely off base. 10C members that frequent this board got all the tickets on Thursday. This board is in no way a representation of Pearl Jam's entire fan base, not even fucking close. In addition to all the traveling hardcore fans, I know twenty or so locals that have never seen the band who tried for and received tickets yesterday. There is a monumental demand for these shows just in the Greater Boston area. In total, there are about 80k tickets for both of these shows and I'm only seeing 5 to 6k tickets on resale sites. Think the Tickets.com system actually did a pretty good job at keeping scalpers out. And to play devil's advocate here, if those 6k seats ended up in the hands of people who truly wanted them, people on here still would have been left to dry and it would be even harder to get tickets in the coming months.
  • rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    VAMPIRE SQUID! the whole lot of em
    AlaG said:

Said this in another thread, but going to put it here as well. This whole "scalper conspiracy" you guys have put together is entirely off base. 10C members that frequent this board got all the tickets on Thursday. This board is in no way a representation of Pearl Jam's entire fan base, not even fucking close. In addition to all the traveling hardcore fans, I know twenty or so locals that have never seen the band who tried for and received tickets yesterday. There is a monumental demand for these shows just in the Greater Boston area. In total, there are about 80k tickets for both of these shows and I'm only seeing 5 to 6k tickets on resale sites. Think the Tickets.com system actually did a pretty good job at keeping scalpers out. And to play devil's advocate here, if those 6k seats ended up in the hands of people who truly wanted them, people on here still would have been left to dry and it would be even harder to get tickets in the coming months.

edited February 2016
    Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

tickets.com, for whatever reason, had the fenway performances listed for purchase earlier than advertised. people caught wind of it and placed orders for the shows. tickets.com later sent e-mails stating all early purchases were canceled considering it wasn't fair to the upcoming public sale on the 12th. many purchasers think tickets.com should have honored the sales.
    Whoops! Well, as someone who has no horse in the race, I think they did the right thing by cancelling the purchases made before the official sale began. That would have been totally unfair to honour them IMO.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Whoops! Well, as someone who has no horse in the race, I think they did the right thing by cancelling the purchases made before the official sale began. That would have been totally unfair to honour them IMO.
    Unfair to who?

Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    edited February 2016
    AlaG said:

is it not a potential "conspiracy" when you have the actual Attorney General of NY looking into this?
    i would say that where there is this much smoke there is def a fire....
    Post edited by lolobugg on

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

To the entire general public waiting for the public sale to begin at the published start time of course.
    edited February 2016

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

The entire general public, who the sale was supposed to be for. As opposed to a small subsection of opportunistic fans on a message board.
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

To the entire general public waiting for the public sale to begin at the published start time of course.
    the entire general scalpers

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

Again. 80k tickets. About 5 to 6k in the hands of scalpers based on my count. Most of the tickets ended up in the hands of individuals who will be attending the show. People just need to blame someone for their being unable to score any.
    5 to 6k of the "best" tickets...
    that is the main problem....
    and i am starting to agree with the guy that posted on here earlier.
    i am not so sure that the "pre-sale" on Thursday was a mistake if you know what i mean.

1996- Charleston, SC

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2010- Bristow, VA

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

And to our fellow 10club member too, right?

The same 10club members who try to hack in to pre-sales for tickets, by getting passwords codes, in order to get tickets that are meant for Wrigleyville residents only?
    The same 10club members who used a computer glitch yesterday, so they were able to take advantage and bypass the virtual waiting room that the general public, and other 10club members had to wait in?
    The same 10club members who take advantage of others by forming a "line and a list" which you yourself witnessed 1st hand a few years ago?

Come on. Lets talk about fairness.,

edited February 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

The same 10club members who try to hack in to pre-sales for tickets, by getting passwords codes, in order to get tickets that are meant for Wrigleyville residents only?
    The same 10club members who used a computer glitch yesterday, so they were able to take advantage and bypass the virtual waiting room that the general public, and other 10club members had to wait in?
    The same 10club members who take advantage of others by forming a "line and a list" which you yourself witnessed 1st hand a few years ago?

I totally agree that all of that is super unfair too (I was actually appalled by that thread with the links to a back door or whatever the fuck it was - couldn't believe your post was the first pointing out that it was opportunistic and unfair to others).
    I think the PJ ticket sales bring out the absolute worst in PJ fans and it almost makes me sick.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    How does anyone come to the conclusive that the calling whining caused the cancel?
    AlaG said:

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

Again. 80k tickets. About 5 to 6k in the hands of scalpers based on my count. Most of the tickets ended up in the hands of individuals who will be attending the show. People just need to blame someone for their being unable to score any.
    how is the 80k and the 5k to 6k arrived at???
    edited February 2016
    lolobugg said:

5 to 6k of the "best" tickets...
    that is the main problem....
    and i am starting to agree with the guy that posted on here earlier.
    i am not so sure that the "pre-sale" on Thursday was a mistake if you know what i mean.

I guess I see less of a problem there than others. NONE of the public onsale tickets are particularly good. Behind home plate where you'll be feeling totally disconnected from the rest of the audience, tons of obstructed/limited view seats in the Grandstands and outfield boxes, in the back of the turf where it'll be impossible to see anything unless you're tall as fuck...
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    edited February 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

I totally agree that all of that is super unfair too (I was actually appalled by that thread with the links to a back door or whatever the fuck it was - couldn't believe your post was the first pointing out that it was opportunistic and unfair to others).
    One thing is certain. One thing I have become aware of, in my close to 15 years on these Pearl Jam forums. There are people on this board who would step on and over their own grandmother, just to get 5 feet closer to the stage. They preach "fair play", but in truth it is only fair, if it benefits them.

I realize those Fenway tickets were cancelled, and rightfully so, by either Pearl Jam themselves, or ticket.com. But again, there were whiny, crying 10club members making a stink, only because they were not aware of the unintentional pre-sale. In other words since it didn't benefit them, they would whine and cry hoping it didn't benefit anyone. Because GOD FORBID somebody has something "Pearl Jam" that they don't have.
    Post edited by SPEEDY MCCREADY on
    JC29856 said:

How does anyone come to the conclusive that the calling whining caused the cancel?

AlaG said:

lolobugg said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Shakescky said:

PJ_Soul said:

Unfair to who?

how is the 80k and the 5k to 6k arrived at???
    Fenway seating capacity (factoring in the absence of bleachers but also the addition of floor seats) and going on ticket resale sites and seeing what they have available. Between both shows, StubHub only holds a little under 4k tickets.
  • JC29856JC29856 Posts: 9,617
    the number of tickets available on reseller sites will fluctuate and gradually increase as seat are bought/sold and as the date gets closer. the heavy hitting brokers do not post all of their inventory all at once and most will wait until they have the tickets in hand. you will see a big jump in for sale tickets the first week in march. they have the process down to a science.
    JC29856 said:

the number of tickets available on reseller sites will fluctuate and gradually increase as seat are bought/sold and as the date gets closer. the heavy hitting brokers do not post all of their inventory all at once and most will wait until they have the tickets in hand. you will see a big jump in for sale tickets the first week in march. they have the process down to a science.

You clearly know more than I do on this subject so I'll admit to being wrong. Good to note as well, because maybe when more supply rolls out, we might see prices go down for a brief period.
  • SPEEDY MCCREADYSPEEDY MCCREADY Posts: 24,788
    edited February 2016
    And when 10club members are trying to tell me that it wasn't fair to the general public? Well that cracks me up too.

The general public? The same general public that you 10club members refuse to sit with? The same general public that only knows a few songs like "Jeremy" and "Even Flow"? The same general public that only knows the songs off 10?

That general public that 10club members have been insulting to, here on this board, for YEARS?

Now you are concerned that the general public didn't get a "fair chance" in getting some of the best seats available for Fenway?

Who the fuck are you kidding?