Cleaning up the Ticket Industry

Comments

• Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Good find..6 min mark is interesting
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    Paul McCartney tickets for Buffalo were gone in like 2 seconds. People that stood outside the ticket window at the arena all night / morning got nothing. I think like 10 people that were there actually got tickets. There were thousands of tickets for sale within minutes on ebay, stubhub ect. for INSANE prices. 500.00 or more for a 36.00 300 level ticket.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    I wonder if "Just be thankful your in the building" people ever complain about the ticket racket
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    nigelnigel Posts: 267
    This is excellent. I hope the European Union on this side of the pond are watching and taking note!
    The technology is there is solve this problem - apps like Dice have shown that it is possible to get tickets - sent directly to your smartphone - with zero additional charges. A regulatory push is now needed to make this form of ticket delivery the norm.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    edited January 2016
    Thanks for posting, all good stuff but bit of a fucking joke this whole capping thing 'OH YOU CAN RESELL THE TICKET BUT NOT JUST FOR STUPIDY AMOUNTS OF MONEY'. Sites like Ticketstub should be illegal!!!!!

That women seems a bit dumb lol not checking the prices for the VIP tickets. Also she shouldn't have bought those tickets.
    Post edited by Brisk. on
  • Options
    hsohi said:

I wonder if "Just be thankful your in the building" people ever complain about the ticket racket

Nope they are part of the problem. They enjoy the beatings or too numb to understand anything logical.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Brisk. said:

Thanks for posting, all good stuff but bit of a fucking joke this whole capping thing 'OH YOU CAN RESELL THE TICKET BUT NOT JUST FOR STUPIDY AMOUNTS OF MONEY'. Sites like Ticketstub should be illegal!!!!!

That women seems a bit dumb lol not checking the prices for the VIP tickets. Also she shouldn't have bought those tickets.

The VIP tickets were sold out. She was just comparing the price she paid to the VIP package.

She got a 36.00 face seat in the 300 level so high up she would have been better off staying home. For the price she ended up paying 750+ she could have gotten a VIP Package had any been available. She did get ripped off even more than most. I'm guessing she paid 750.00 I think that's what the VIP's were going for.

Nothing was available for that show. Even the rafters where the Pigeons sit outside the top ring were being sold for major money.

In two minutes or less this show was completely gone.
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Ah okay fair enough.
  • Options
    rollingsrollings unknown Posts: 7,124

hsohi said:

Nope they are part of the problem. They enjoy the beatings or too numb to understand anything logical.
    tell me about it...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    hsohi said:

I sure do. The way I complain is by not buying tickets over face value. To anything. Ever. I don't care how bad I want to go. I refuse to do it.
  • Options
    pjalive21pjalive21 St. Louis, MO Posts: 2,818

hsohi said:

I sure do. The way I complain is by not buying tickets over face value. To anything. Ever. I don't care how bad I want to go. I refuse to do it.
    second that one

btw go Hawks!