Options

Will Call and Merch Booths

What time do Will Call and mercy booths generally open for shows? Will be going to the Greenville show and was just curious.
BHAM 98
BHAM 03
ATLANTA 03
LOLLA 07
ROO 08
EV SOLO Memphis
EV SOLO ATL 1
Music Midtown Speptember 22, 2012
EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21
WRIGLEY FIELD JULY 19...and 20!!! 2013

I will light a match this morning so I won't be alone

Comments

• Options
    Just caught my typo and bout spit my coffee out...mercy booths lol
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21

• Options
    Peyton18Peyton18 Posts: 216
    For the shows I've been too I think the merch booths opened about noon-1:00. Will call was about 3:00 I believe.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,492
    I think at this point they should only be ever referred to as mercy booths.

It makes much much much more sense
  • Options
    BettrMan21BettrMan21 Chattanooga,Tn Posts: 273
    Stood in a pouring rain storm for the Memphis booth in '14. Definitely could've used some mercy.
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434

Just caught my typo and bout spit my coffee out...mercy booths lol

2014 was the tour of the "mercy" trucks. In fact, I came here to tease about it. Glad that auto correct could switch that out for you so I didn't have to! ;)
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    Forgot, the subject at hand. I don't believe that they have the habit of opening merch tents/booths . . . on time. If they say 1 PM, think more like 1:15-1:30 or later.
  • Options
    retroponyretropony Myrtle Beach SC Posts: 349
    sorry for my ignorance on this, but they open merch booths before they open the doors to the venue?
    Washington DC 2008
    Charlotte NC 2013
    Greenville SC 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    retropony said:

sorry for my ignorance on this, but they open merch booths before they open the doors to the venue?

Yes and they also sell the merch inside. We avoided the trucks in Cincinnati and 4 of us were able to get the shirts we wanted and a couple of pins. Waited and ordered the poster when it went up in the shop.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    KC138045 said:

retropony said:

Yes and they also sell the merch inside. We avoided the trucks in Cincinnati and 4 of us were able to get the shirts we wanted and a couple of pins. Waited and ordered the poster when it went up in the shop.
    They had trucks in Cincinnati, but they didn't open them. We only had a merch tent upstairs, near where the will call was. Made will call pick up lines a lil interestingly loopy.
  • Options
    BubbaBubba Posts: 630
    Hate that they have the merch trucks open during the day....just allows flippers and those not going to the show the opportunity to hoard merch to flip/trade. Seems that is the thing to do these days, hoard extra merch just to trade/flip on Ebay to fund your next show. Sucks for those who want the merch from the show they are going to. I don't bother trying to get posters anymore, usually just wait til they go on sale here or the artist site, but even then, with the multiple variants of each its getting to be a bit much. Sorry, about the rant, just one part of the shows I don't look forward to.
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    deadendp said:

KC138045 said:

retropony said:

They had trucks in Cincinnati, but they didn't open them. We only had a merch tent upstairs, near where the will call was. Made will call pick up lines a lil interestingly loopy.
    Your right it was a tent. I also remember them saying there were going to be two trucks.
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    The merch line in Cincy 2014 was fucking crazy long when it opened. We passed on merch for that show. Got the poster AP when he put it up on his site.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • Options
    JTHJTH Chicago Posts: 3,238
    Bubba said:

Hate that they have the merch trucks open during the day....just allows flippers and those not going to the show the opportunity to hoard merch to flip/trade. Seems that is the thing to do these days, hoard extra merch just to trade/flip on Ebay to fund your next show. Sucks for those who want the merch from the show they are going to. I don't bother trying to get posters anymore, usually just wait til they go on sale here or the artist site, but even then, with the multiple variants of each its getting to be a bit much. Sorry, about the rant, just one part of the shows I don't look forward to.

I feel ya, Bubba. I'm to the point where I'd rather pay the markup on ebay than wait in line -- if I REALLY want something specific, which I generally don't. So, yeah it sucks that people can camp out, buy a bunch of shit and flip it. But if you're willing to wait in those lines, I guess you're earning your money.

I had my epiphany in Seattle after I waited in line for hours only to end up buying a poster I don't really even like (hey, it looks OK now in my basement bathroom) and 2 shirts that don't fit (because I was told that I'd be able to trade them in for my size once I got inside the venue). Fuck that. I could have been out enjoying myself in a pretty great city. I also could have gone out and bought myself a decent pair of gloves. It was cold that day.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,732
    Bubba said:

Do you know what they could do to stop this. Here's one of several ideas I have ..

For every 10club member who scored 10club tickets to the show, 10club sends out a custom email with the fan's first & last name with a serial #. They have first crack at the merchandise. So to wait outside the red merch truck you must have this custom paper / or can be scanned right off your mobile device. The Pearl Jam merch truck would be for exclusive 10club members for the first 4 hours or so. Then open to the general public. 2 prints, 2 pins, 2 stickers per transaction / 10club transaction.

Sound good? I got more ideas. ;)
  • Options
    weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,278
    Or just sell merch inside the venue to ticket holders only

It's crazy that you almost need to take a day off of work or waste a day in a new city you traveled to waiting for a t short/poster. So glad I don't care that much about this stuff
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    the whole merch thing is out of hand - don't care no mo - no mo
  • Options
    SK20613SK20613 Apex, NC Posts: 103
    Bubba said:

I'd like to get the poster and put it in my car or take it home before the show, so I don't have to hold it the whole time.
  • Options
    Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,429
    A big part of me agrees that these are great ideas. The other part of me thinks, "This is a rock show, you came for the rock concert". I always get the poster from the show and usually a shirt from that tour. And part of me wants that poster safe and sound. The other part of me is upset that I need that much from a show.
    We walked about a "10c Member Poster" if you had tix for that show, that you could buy from the website...but part of me thinks this is inauthentic. Yes, I have lost out on some posters (Moline) that I thought were awesome and bought from the artist themselves or from the PJ shop, but part of me feels like its not as authentic as one i scored (and preserved) from the show.

Not sure if what I am saying is understandable. I guess I feel, "This is a rock concert, so lets not overcomplicate things with special merch lines, passes, online codes, etc....lets keep the focus on the show, and if you score some merch, great."

Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Bubba said:

Do you know what they could do to stop this. Here's one of several ideas I have ..

For every 10club member who scored 10club tickets to the show, 10club sends out a custom email with the fan's first & last name with a serial #. They have first crack at the merchandise. So to wait outside the red merch truck you must have this custom paper / or can be scanned right off your mobile device. The Pearl Jam merch truck would be for exclusive 10club members for the first 4 hours or so. Then open to the general public. 2 prints, 2 pins, 2 stickers per transaction / 10club transaction.

it sounds good for the most part. I don't like the idea that you have to actually score 10C tix to get the merch, though. I think all 10C members with a ticket to the show should be able to get in on the presale.

For example, in my post above about the merch line in Seattle -- I lost the lottery for that show so I got a ticket thru ticketmaster.
  • Options
    fsunoles30fsunoles30 Posts: 143
    edited January 2016
    Won 10C Travel pkg to Wrigley in 13. Part of the deal was that members had access to all the merch inside the hotel. It was a great idea, but I still stood in line for almost 3 HOURS! My wife was also very upset because the only shirt she wanted sold out of Mediums. Had to spend 125.00 on eBay to make her happy.

Post edited by fsunoles30 on
    BHAM 98
    BHAM 03
    ATLANTA 03
    LOLLA 07
    ROO 08
    EV SOLO Memphis
    EV SOLO ATL 1
    EV SOLO Memphis Nov. 21

• Options

Had to spend 125.00 on eBay to make her happy.

A bargain at twice the price.

Happy wife, happy life...
  • Options
    joseph33joseph33 Washington DC Posts: 1,206

Won 10C Travel pkg to Wrigley in 13. Part of the deal was that members had access to all the merch inside the hotel. It was a great idea, but I still stood in line for almost 3 HOURS! My wife was also very upset because the only shirt she wanted sold out of Mediums. Had to spend 125.00 on eBay to make her happy.

125 bucks for a concert t shirt? Was the shirt baptised by Jesus himself before you bought it?
  • Options
    demetrios said:

Bubba said:

Not bad, but, I also think they could offer a deal where you could order a event specific shirt/poster for the event you get tickets to. We all know they will do event specific items because they know people eat them up, whether its for themselves or to flip.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

It's crazy that you almost need to take a day off of work or waste a day in a new city you traveled to waiting for a t short/poster. So glad I don't care that much about this stuff

100% agree - I don't remember the merch craze being as it is now when they just had locations inside the arenas. The lines at Wrigley were ridiculous, around the block of a baseball stadium, never again.

Post edited by Bubba on
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,538
    joseph33 said:

125 bucks for a concert t shirt? Was the shirt baptised by Jesus himself before you bought it?
    Even better....blessed by Eddie :rock_on:
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Totally need to do away with the outside merch booths. Any Tom, Dick, or Harry walking by can get in line, buy a bunch of merch, then resell it to actual fans for profit. Go back to being inside the venue only; keep the merch out of the flippers hands! (Yes, I know, concert-goers will still flip... but it takes out the average citizen that gives no fucks about the band from buying crap.)
  • Options
    Bubba said:

100% agree - I don't remember the merch craze being as it is now when they just had locations inside the arenas. The lines at Wrigley were ridiculous, around the block of a baseball stadium, never again.

Yeah, i showed up "early" that show...like 5pm thinking I was ahead of the game.....

for those that cant picutre this.. on the OUTSIDE of the stadium, the merch booth was between 3rd base and home plate. The line extended all the way to homeplate, around the corner, past 1st base, past right field and beyond the stadium.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    Oh, and they were sold out of posters already.
    Near to death.
    Here to die.
    Scared alive.
  • Options
    If it is truly that crazy then I hope they prepare for that and consider doing the member package if you won lottery tickets (or entered the draw) or moving a large quantity of it inside the venue
  • Options
    GO NOLES.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA