PHILLY 2016 ROLL CALL

Comments

• chitownp76chitownp76 Posts: 1,430
    Just booked Loews at City Center. Hopefully close to where 10c fans plan on meeting before the show! So psyched
    2014: Moline, IL
    2015: EV Solo (Metro Chicago)
    2016: Philadelphia PA 1, Philadelphia PA 2, New York City NY- MSG 1, EV Solo (Metro Chicago), Boston MA Fenway 1, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
    2017: EV Ohana Fest (Dana Point, CA), EV/Pete Townshend Quadrophenia Rosemont, IL
    2018: Seattle WA 1, Seattle WA 2, Missoula MT, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2, Boston MA Fenway 1, Boston MA Fenway 2
    2019: EV Tempe, AZ
    2020: PPD
    2022: EV & Earthlings Chicago 1 & 2, Phoenix AZ, Camden NJ, Nashville TN, St. Louis MO
    2023: EV Tempe, AZ, St Paul, MN 2, Chicago 1 & 2
    2024: Noblesville, IN, Wrigley 1, Wrigley 2
  • indifferentmanindifferentman Goshen, IN Posts: 731
    Never been to Philly before so bear with me here:

Does the Subway connect to the airport at all?

How likely is it that if I stayed in a hotel by the airport I could get around via the subway?

Will it get me to City Center or anyplace else interesting or am I just going to have to cab it all over?

Trying to figure out if I can book a cheap hotel and still go someplace fun during the day before the shows.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757

How likely is it that if I stayed in a hotel by the airport I could get around via the subway?

Will it get me to City Center or anyplace else interesting or am I just going to have to cab it all over?

Trying to figure out if I can book a cheap hotel and still go someplace fun during the day before the shows.

It does not; but it is connected to the bus system and - more importantly - the regional rail system. This will take you downtown from the airport. SEPTA will get you any and everywhere you want to go in the area - just a matter if you want to take more than the subway.
  • AntreaperAntreaper Posts: 256
    I am looking to trade ONE or TWO Night 1 GA's for ONE or TWO Night 2 GA's.
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder
  • Antreaper said:

I have one GA for Friday to trade for one GA for Thursday.
  • Pretty excited to win tickets for GA Night 2. This was my first time using the lottery as a 10c member and thus my first concert in the GA! Any recommendations for this rookie??

Also, may be looking for a trade for ONE GA ticket on night 1 for ONE GA ticket on night 2. Will keep you all posted. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the show!

It does not; but it is connected to the bus system and - more importantly - the regional rail system. This will take you downtown from the airport. SEPTA will get you any and everywhere you want to go in the area - just a matter if you want to take more than the subway.
    Okay, so from what I gather the Regional Rail System is an elevated platform train like they have in Chicago? How late does that run usually?

Is it likely that any hotels by the airport would do a shuttle service to and from the airport?

I used to live in Chicago and I got around on the train system there a lot. I've also been brave enough to embrace it in NYC.

If I can get from an airport hotel to the Regional Rail System I think I'd just wing it.
    I won't change direction, and I won't change my mind - E.V.
    06 Chicago I, 06 Chicago II, 06 Grand Rapids, 07 Lollapalloza, 08 DC, 08 MSG I, 08 MSG II, 08 EV Solo Milwaukee, Chicago I & II 09, Portland 09, Nobelsville 10, Cleveland 10, PJ20 I & II, Wrigley 13, Brooklyn I & II '13, St. Paul 14, Moline 14, Milwaukee 14
  • MC151670MC151670 philly Posts: 14

The regional rail (Airport Line) will connect you from the airport to center city but it's like 25-30 minutes depending on where you are going. Cab/uber is probably about the same timing depending on when your flight gets in. There are three center city stops - 30th Street Station, Suburban Station, and Jefferson Station. If you're staying in one of the downtown hotels you're going to get off at Suburban and if you're staying in Old City get off at Jefferson. It's the same price to any of the three center city stops.

If you're staying at the holiday Inn get off at Suburban and get on the Broad Street (orange) Line going south. I would probably just take cab/uber if you're staying at Holiday Inn or airbnb near stadiums.

Keep in mind if you stay at a hotel near the airport the regional rail (Airport Line) doesn't run all night so if you're out in center city after the show you're going to have to cab it back.
    edited January 2016

Okay, so from what I gather the Regional Rail System is an elevated platform train like they have in Chicago? How late does that run usually?

Is it likely that any hotels by the airport would do a shuttle service to and from the airport?

I used to live in Chicago and I got around on the train system there a lot. I've also been brave enough to embrace it in NYC.

If I can get from an airport hotel to the Regional Rail System I think I'd just wing it.
    No, we have the EL - that's also the subway....when it's above ground, mostly on the Market-Frankford Line (runs west-eats through the middle of the city).

This is a train more like a poorer-looking Amtrak - check the schedule here: http://www.septa.org/schedules/rail/w/AIR_0.html

To get off in the middle of the city get off at Suburban Station or Jefferson.

And if you're good with 'wingin' it, then this'll do. You can pick up the subway (which will drop you off right at the arena) from Regional Rail at 30th Street Station, or Suburban (which links you up with the City Hall subway stop).

ALSO, the confusing part is regional rail require cash for a ticket, and the subway requires exact fare of $2.25, or buy tokens at a token machine for $1.80/token.
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    Won first choice; Philly 1 Reserved
    lost second MSG 1 reserved

Can someone tell me if I am a moron for not putting MSG 1 GA also?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    KP_McMinn said:

I don't think anybody won anything to MSG with less than a #1 ranking... you did fine
  • KP_McMinnKP_McMinn West Philadelphia born and raised Posts: 748
    my2hands said:

KP_McMinn said:

I don't think anybody won anything to MSG with less than a #1 ranking... you did fine
    right on, but technically I probably should have, because the option was there, right? However, my logic was less shows entered, better chance. But form what i have been reading, there is no logic involved...just luck of the draw it seems.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

does it seem like there are alot more night 1 than night 2 being spoken for in this lottery?

i believe this to be true. i had night 2 reserve as my #1 choice but scored night 1 reserve as my 2nd choice.
  • jmurrayjmurray Stratham, NH Posts: 3,538
    sarnocm said:

jmurray said:

I'm in for both. Driving down from NH solo. Hotel recommendations?

Wife and I got both nights reserved. Staying at Sheraton Society Hill near friends who live in town. driving down from York, ME. I work in Stratham couple times/month.
    I'll check out the Sheraton thanks and good to see some fans close by!
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    pjhawks said:

does it seem like there are alot more night 1 than night 2 being spoken for in this lottery?

i believe this to be true. i had night 2 reserve as my #1 choice but scored night 1 reserve as my 2nd choice.
    i could be dead wrong, just seems like alot more mention of night 1s... leaving extra quality tickets available for the general public which i'm sure prefer the friday night show. keeps comcast happy, while also making night 1 member-heavy, with a set catered to the fanclub more so than public...

Antreaper said:

I have one GA for Friday to trade for one GA for Thursday.
    I PM'd you~~~~
    "It's as comfortable as can be. But when you're on stage playing with Neil, well -- it's one thing to be at the zoo and watch an animal pace around its cage. It's another to be in the cage with him." -Eddie Vedder

Pretty excited to win tickets for GA Night 2. This was my first time using the lottery as a 10c member and thus my first concert in the GA! Any recommendations for this rookie??

Also, may be looking for a trade for ONE GA ticket on night 1 for ONE GA ticket on night 2. Will keep you all posted. Looking forward to meeting some of you at the show!

PM'd.
  • EchoesOnMarsEchoesOnMars Reading, Pennsylvania Posts: 422
    I won for Night 2 and wondering what happens. Do I just go there with no tickets and wait in a Ten Club Line to get in to show my ID?
    Philadelphia 2013 (Night 1)
    Philadelphia 2016 (Night 2)
    Upper Darby 2016 (Night 2) (Temple of the Dog)

• I won for Night 2 and wondering what happens. Do I just go there with no tickets and wait in a Ten Club Line to get in to show my ID?

Yes. No tickets in advance to prevent scalping. If you have reserved, you won't know your seats until picking them up the day of the show.
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2; 2008 - Camden, NJ x2; 2009 - Philadelphia, PA Nights 2, 3, and 4; 2012 - Philadelphia, PA (MIA Festival); 2013 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Chicago, IL Night 1; 2022 - Camden, NJ
  • Never been to Philly before so bear with me here:

Philly resident here for the last 7.5 years, living right in Center City in Rittenhouse Square. So hopefully I can help a bit.

1. Take the Septa regional rail to Center City from the airport. The Suburban Station stop is right downtown and will probably be closest to whatever hotel you stay at if you stay in Center City. There's a chance Jefferson Station will be closer though.

2. I'd NOT recommend staying in an airport hotel. It's in the middle of nowhere. Center City is your best bet.

3. All kinds of places to explore/eat/tour in Center City the days of the shows. Reading Terminal, all the historic sites in Old City, etc.

4. The Broad Street Line (Subway) will take you right from Center City to the venue. It's about a 10-minute ride from City Hall or the stop right after it that I use (Walnut/Locust).
    2006 - Camden, NJ x2; 2008 - Camden, NJ x2; 2009 - Philadelphia, PA Nights 2, 3, and 4; 2012 - Philadelphia, PA (MIA Festival); 2013 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Philadelphia, PA x2; 2016 - Chicago, IL Night 1; 2022 - Camden, NJ
  • Sargento PepperSargento Pepper Santiago, Chile Posts: 215
    I'm going from Chile and already have 2 GA tickets for 4/28 I'm going alone so have a spare ticket to trade for the second night

This will be my first time on Philadelphia, and also my first Pearl Jam show in the US, I'm really excited about it!
    2005: Santiago, Chile 1 & 2
    2011: La Plata, Argentina / Santiago,Chile / Lima, Perú
    2013: Buenos Aires, Argentina / Santiago,Chile
    2015: Santiago, Chile / La Plata, Argentina
    2016: Philadelphia, USA 1 & 2 / New York City, USA 1 & 2
    2017: EV London, UK 1 & 2 / EV Firenze, Italy
    2018: Santiago, Chile 1 & 2 / Buenos Aires, Argentina / Rio, Brasil / Sao Paulo Brasil / Seattle, USA 1 &2 / Missoula, USA 
    2021: Dana Point, USA Ohana Encore Night 1 &2
    2022: Budapest, Hungary / Krakow, Poland / Paris, France / Vienna, Austria / Praga, Chequia / Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, Canada
  • jnikojniko Posts: 292
    If anyone was in GA in 2013, was there much room towards the back or was it packed all the way through to the back. How much of the main floor did it take over?
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117

I'm going from Chile and already have 2 GA tickets for 4/28 I'm going alone so have a spare ticket to trade for the second night

This will be my first time on Philadelphia, and also my first Pearl Jam show in the US, I'm really excited about it!

Welcome, and have fun amigo!!!
  • Who I AmWho I Am Posts: 644
    jniko said:

If anyone was in GA in 2013, was there much room towards the back or was it packed all the way through to the back. How much of the main floor did it take over?

If I remember correctly there was a good 20ft of space at the back of GA after everyone pushes up.

02MAY2003 - State College, PA
    08JUL2003 - New York, NY (L@TG)
    14JUL2003 - Holmdel, NJ
    01OCT2004 - Reading, PA
    01OCT2005 - Atlantic City, NJ
    03OCT2005 - Philadelphia, PA
    27MAY2006 - Camden, NJ
    01JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    03JUN2006 - East Rutherford, NJ
    30SEP2009 - Universal City, CA
    09OCT2009 - San Diego, CA
    06JUL2011 - Long Beach, CA (EV)
    19JUL2013 - Wrigley Field, IL
    21OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    22OCT2013 - Philadelphia, PA
    27OCT2013 - Baltimore, MD
    29APR2016 - Philadelphia, PA (TEN)
    05AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    07AUG2016 - Fenway Park, MA
    27AUG2016 - Dana Point, CA (Ohana)
    18AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    20AUG2018 - Wrigley Field, IL
    18SEP2021 - Asbury Park, NJ
    14SEP2022 - Camden, NJ

• jnikojniko Posts: 292
    Thanks, I like to hang in the back and have some room.
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    Who I Am said:

jniko said:

If I remember correctly there was a good 20ft of space at the back of GA after everyone pushes up.

Yep there was plenty of space. I went to two GA shows and chilled in the back for each one.
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • BikePHLBikePHL Posts: 471

Who I Am said:

jniko said:

Yep there was plenty of space. I went to two GA shows and chilled in the back for each one.
    I was up front for a couple shows in 03 and it was snug, but a little further back there was plenty of room. Over all, I would say they were very friendly pits. The crowds were energized but not rough like a lot of shows Ive been to.
    Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 03, 2011, Alpine Valley Music Theatre - Sep 04, 2011, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater - June 25, 2011, Tres Mountains - TLA - March 23, 2011, Brad - World Cafe Live- Oct. 10, 2010, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 31, 2009, Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 12, 2009, Eddie Vedder Solo - Tower Theater- June 11,2009, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 20, 2008, Susquehanna Bank Center - Jun 19, 2008, Tweeter Center at the Waterfront - May 27, 2006, Wachovia Center - Oct 03, 2005, Fleet Center - Sep 29, 2004, Tweeter Center - Jul 02, 2003, Tweeter Center - Jul 11, 2003, First Union Spectrum Arena - Apr 28, 2003, Blockbuster Music Entertainment Center - Aug 29, 1998, RFK Stadium - Jun 14, 1998
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171

I won for Night 2 and wondering what happens. Do I just go there with no tickets and wait in a Ten Club Line to get in to show my ID?

have to go to will call with id day of show where there will be specific Ten Club windows to pick up tickets.

Who I Am said:

jniko said:

YES. It was great. While all everyone else squeezed to the front it left PLENTY of room at the back for a great view, drinking a beer(s), smoking a joint, and soaking it all in.

So pumped for these shows.
  • camaroscamaros Posts: 1,003
    I'm in..... 29th
    i like sound...