Options

Lost in the Lottery - I AM PISSED!!!!!!

TrixieTrixie Posts: 179
Since joining TenClub back in 2000, I've never NOT gotten great tickets to their shows. I was just notified that I was not "selected" for tickets to the Toronto show. Back when this new system was introduced, I must say I was pretty disgusted that our favourite band would even go this route, however, I still got my tickets so I didn't complain. I've just been told that my name wasn't drawn and therefore would have to wait until the public sale happened. I'm sorry but what the fuck am I paying $50 a year for.? Who gives a shit about the Christmas single (I don't own a turntable and it never arrives unbroken or on time), I could care less about DEEP, etc. I pay to get decent seats to their concerts. THAT'S IT!!!!!! No longer will I be a member of this club. I don't throw money away, but apparently I have been for the last three years (last time I got something for my money). I looked for "contact" info so I could tell Ten Club and Pearl Jam that I'm done with throwing money away and found out you can't contact them. Hmmmmm. Congrats to all that are going to a show and if I'm wrong about contacting (not that it'll do any good), this Pearl Jam fan has some serious thinking to do about Ten Club .... so disappointed

Comments

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited January 2016
    You can indeed contact them. There is a phone number and an email address. Look at the very bottom of the page for the contact link.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    There is a thread for the loser/whiners already.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

You can indeed contact them. There is a phone number and an email address. Look at the very bottom of the page for the contact link.

Thanks, I will do that
  • Options
    rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

As for you, there's no need for whining but the fact that 20 years on, we have a "losers" category disgusts me
  • Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    edited January 2016
    Toronto seems to have been the MOST in-demand show. Wouldn't be surprised if they added a second one for you after the public on-sale. Don't give up hope! Lots of people lost today. That's just how supply and demand works. Nobody is trying to fuck you over personally.
    Post edited by AlaG on
  • Options
    Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

As for you, there's no need for whining but the fact that 20 years on, we have a "losers" category disgusts me
    It wasn't a personal shot, that's what the thread is called lol

20 years on demand is higher than ever and the shows are better than ever. That's something to celebrate, not be disgusted.
  • Options
    shortstackshortstack Posts: 2,339
    rgambs said:

20 years on demand is higher than ever and the shows are better than ever. That's something to celebrate, not be disgusted.

This "demand" was created by ten club because sales were down

did you see me? i saw you.
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

Sorry, still reeling, but I disagree. Why on earth could they accommodate everyone at some point in the past, but no longer can. It's not like they're getting "more popular". If anything, the demand is lower. I love that band and what they stand for, but a diss like this pretty much tells me, selling out half a stadium to fans ain't half as lucrative as putting up those tickets to the higher market.
  • Options
    EddieVeddersMrsEddieVeddersMrs Posts: 6
    edited January 2016
    deleted by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
  • Options
    Trixie said:

rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

Sorry, still reeling, but I disagree. Why on earth could they accommodate everyone at some point in the past, but no longer can. It's not like they're getting "more popular". If anything, the demand is lower. I love that band and what they stand for, but a diss like this pretty much tells me, selling out half a stadium to fans ain't half as lucrative as putting up those tickets to the higher market.
    They used to play more than twice as many shows as they do now. That's twice the number of opportunities for tickets. Also, you are underestimating their popularity right now, they are bigger than they were 10 years ago.
  • Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    I say I feel your pain. I have been a member since 1995 and get screwed all the time...out of 21 shows I have put in for, I have won 2. Really??? It's aggravating as fuck. But you are not guaranteed tickets....and TM will have some pretty good seats.
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

They used to play more than twice as many shows as they do now. That's twice the number of opportunities for tickets. Also, you are underestimating their popularity right now, they are bigger than they were 10 years ago.
    WAY bigger. Plus, they actually seek publicity now. They used to run from it. Yep, the demand for tix is higher and the amount of tix available is far smaller. Makes perfect sense that it's harder for members to get tix now.
    (FWIW, I can't feel sorry for people who are mad that they "only" got 10C tix to 2 shows, lol. I feel like 10C changed to the lottery system specifically to make sure that more people got to see them rather than the same people seeing them at a ton of shows).
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    dmbolpdmbolp ATL Posts: 1,189
    Trixie said:

I looked for "contact" info so I could tell Ten Club and Pearl Jam that I'm done with throwing money away and found out you can't contact them. Hmmmmm.

• Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    edited January 2016
    Venues are restricted as to how many fan club seats they are allowed to let bands have. I'm pretty sure Pearl Jam uses their status to get more allotted than most, but they make it clear that they cannot guarantee tickets. I also remember the rumor as to why they didn't play Detroit for a while was because fan club members got screwed out of the best seats to give to the venue's suscribers. That particular show at DTE, they offered the club members free lawn seats for the next day When they picked up their tickets (and Eddie ripped on a few members of front row.)They tried to fight the big bad ticketmaster before and it didn't end well for fans. I understand your frustration and I lose out on fan club tickets more often that not. But I take value in the other freebies where you do not. It doesn't seem like it's worth your money, so the best thing you can do is not renew your membership.
    Post edited by CW55354 on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

WAY bigger. Plus, they actually seek publicity now. They used to run from it. Yep, the demand for tix is higher and the amount of tix available is far smaller. Makes perfect sense that it's harder for members to get tix now.
    (FWIW, I can't feel sorry for people who are mad that they "only" got 10C tix to 2 shows, lol. I feel like 10C changed to the lottery system specifically to make sure that more people got to see them rather than the same people seeing them at a ton of shows).
    Please, let's not forget that at the beginning, you could only get "2" tickets to the show closest to your where you resided. Shortly after I joined,they changed it up and you could go to as many shows as you wanted. I remember worrying about that because since I'd just joined and didn't have much seniority, I figured that screwed me. Well, It didn't as it turned out, but, with this change now, I am screwed potentially each and every time. Why would I pay for that privilege???
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,883
    edited January 2016
    trixie what was your choice order for tickets?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    this is funny. nowhere does it say that you are guaranteed tickets with a membership. you want guaranteed tix put a less popular location as your first choice and travel. based on your logic I'm surprised you aren't blaming the lottery on Obama, lol.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,359
    mcrok said:

this is funny. nowhere does it say that you are guaranteed tickets with a membership. you want guaranteed tix put a less popular location as your first choice and travel. based on your logic I'm surprised you aren't blaming the lottery on Obama, lol.

:lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    It's called a lottery for a reason.
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    AlaGAlaG Brookline, MA Posts: 886
    mcrok said:

A lot of people have jobs, children, etc that won't permit them to up and leave home for a couple days to go to a rock concert. I'm not one of these people but I'm sympathetic to the people who didn't get their hometown shows for this reason.
  • Options
    AlaG said:

mcrok said:

A lot of people have jobs, children, etc that won't permit them to up and leave home for a couple days to go to a rock concert. I'm not one of these people but I'm sympathetic to the people who didn't get their hometown shows for this reason.
    We are hitting the road from Ohio in a camper van with 2 friends, 2 60lb dogs, a 10 month old baby on an 8 hr (short drive) roadtrip for hiking and PJ in SC.
    Where there's a will, there's a way lol!
  • Options
    I imagine that the logistics of making sure locals get dibs on tix is totally unmanageable these days, and it's also a big fuck you to everyone who live in places the band never goes. To limit ticket sales to local addresses is discriminatory. That said, it blows to not get hometown tix. THAT said, people can still go. Just not with 10C tix (or maybe if the find a ticket buddy).
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    edited January 2016
    Quote deleted by Admin

That's a hell of a first post.
    Post edited by Sea on
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    WisconsinPJWisconsinPJ Posts: 35
    edited January 2016
    Strange. Ive won at least one show from each lottery since it started, including mizzoula '12 and wrigley field '13. Won milwaukee in '14, (1 out of 4 midwest choices) and my first and only choice today for Lexington, Ky.....luck of the draw i guess. Been a member for 13 years.
    Post edited by WisconsinPJ on
  • Options
    The only time I have scored Ten Club tickets is through the lottery. Thank you Ten Club. I love the lottery it is fair for all members.
  • Options
    gmonetgmonet Posts: 37
    I agree with the original post here. I've been a fan club member since 94 and I'm sorry that everybody's late to the party but after this much time I should get tickets to any show I want anytime I want. Philadelphia in 2003 had over 10,010 club tickets. The fact is, Pearl Jam sold out and they don't have the same number of tickets available that they did back then. Live nation sells them now and we happily pay fees when we used to have to travel to East Girish to see these guys. Oh yeah, I think they're rolling out a new South American bootleg tonight. Remember when you could get those all on one day? Sell out!
  • Options
    mcgruff10 said:

I went for GA as priority (not that I actually wanted to stand - another thing that pisses me off )m

Strange. Ive won at least one show from each lottery since it started, including mizzoula '12 and wrigley field '13. Won milwaukee in '14, (1 out of 4 midwest choices) and my first and only choice today for Lexington, Ky.....luck of the draw i guess. Been a member for 13 years.

This is only my second chance at the lottery and I lost!!!
  • Options
    bdoyle13bdoyle13 Near Toronto Posts: 36
    While I agree with OP I also see the 10c side. It's hard to make everyone happy.

That being said I have been a U2 fan club member for 10+ years and during their fan club draws I have ALWAYS managed to get GA tickets. So saying that venues limit it etc etc is excuses. I have seen U2 10+ times have had GA 8 times and front row 8 times. I have NEVER been able to get Pearl Jam tickets so joined the fan club a couple years ago in hopes of finally seeing the band that recorded the first CD I ever purchased yet I can't even get tickets being a member of the fan club.

The system is messed up. U2 can do it so Pearl Jam can if they choose. Sadly once again ticketmaster the piece of shit that they are will sell out within 30 seconds and I will have to $400 yet again to get GA.

Just because you've been a FC member for longer does not make you a bigger fan. The system could be made better.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    mcgruff10 said:

You really didn't answer the question.

Probably just curious, because it does make a difference in the way you choose your shows. So, what were your choice order for tickets?
  • Options
    front spacerfront spacer Earth Posts: 3,246
    Trixie said:

rgambs said:

Trixie said:

rgambs said:

As for you,
    rgambs said:

The fanbase is older, more affluent, and willing to travel. They play less shows so demand actually is higher as far as being "more popular."

I live in Indy.....no local shows for me. I'm travelling for three shows in Florida and one in Kentucky, you do whatcha gotta do!
    Indy - 08.17.98
    Indy - 08.18.00
    Indy - 06.22.03
    Indy - 05.07.10
    EV StL - 07.01.11
    Alpine Valley - 09.03.11, 09.04.11 (PJ20)
    ATL - 09.22.12 (Music Midtown Festival)
    EV Jax - 11.24.12
    Chicago - 07.19.13
    Pittsburgh - 10.11.13
    Moline - 10.17.14 (The No Code Show)
    Milwaukee - 10.20.14 (The Yield Show)
    FtL - 04.08.16
    Miami - 04.09.16
    Tampa - 04.11.16
    Lexington - 04.26.16
    Chicago - 08.20.16, 08.22.16
    Chicago - 08.18.18, 08.20.18