Options

10 Club Lottery Losers / Whiners Thread

Comments

• Options
    JimmyV said:

A terrible GA ticket?

right, you know what i mean. I'd rather have a GA ticket at the back of the GA group, than no ticket at all.
  • Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919

JimmyV said:

A terrible GA ticket?

right, you know what i mean. I'd rather have a GA ticket at the back of the GA group, than no ticket at all.
    GA tickets are the most coveted tickets at every show.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited January 2016
    StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

VillagePJ said:

sorry guys but the seniority thing for GA isn't a fair system, its not an equal chance for all members that have paid for their membership.
    if you've been lucky enough to have won GA tickets for a number of years then that's great but during those years there were also members who missed out, this time it maybe you and yes its crap when you lose out but it seems a little selfish when people comment about how ive been a member longer so I deserve tickets more than someone whos been a member for a lesser time.
    Each member is equally deserving of a chance to win tickets, some you win some you lose, well done 10c for securing GA to each show and trying to look after its members, never going to please everyone when demand is so high though.

I just wanted reserved seats!! Didn't even try for GA. I agree that everyone deserves a chance at tickets but some people should have a little better chance. Just my opinion
    Why should some people have a little better chance?
    You again? Haha. Like I said I think it should be weighted based on seniority. The longer you've been in the better your chance
    But why? How do you think that would affect their younger or newer fan base, who PJ obviously want to maintain and grow? It would be 10C repellent as far as new memberships go. Also, why does it matter how long someone has been a fan anyhow? Old members already get better seats. I see no reason why they deserve first shot at tix too. Just because they're old it doesn't mean they are bigger or better fans.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    JimmyV said:

JimmyV said:

A terrible GA ticket?

GA tickets are the most coveted tickets at every show.
    I am talking about the tickets that are reserved near the stage, seated, or not seated. Different tours refer to the area by different names, and in different venues, the same applies.
  • Options
    StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    Just my opinion. I've been a member since 2003 and I think someone who's been in longer deserves a better chance. I think I deserve a better chance than someone who just joined. That's all, no further explanation required. You don't have to agree, remember this thread is for whining
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

I'd rather a terrible GA ticket than no ticket. So again, why should I pay for my membership unless a) I know there's going to be a tour and b) there's equal chance in any year of getting tickets? That's a lot of years of paying for nothing in between tours.

No reason to pay. If you are really only interested in tickets then the $40 a year isn't worth it I guess. I would cancel now, and just put that $40 a year into Ticket Master tickets if you are only interested in Reserved seating. Because with a new number your tickets will be about as good as TM tickets. GA tickets would be your only reason to stay a member.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

I'd rather a terrible GA ticket than no ticket. So again, why should I pay for my membership unless a) I know there's going to be a tour and b) there's equal chance in any year of getting tickets? That's a lot of years of paying for nothing in between tours.

No reason to pay. If you are really only interested in tickets then the $40 a year isn't worth it I guess. I would cancel now, and just put that $40 a year into Ticket Master tickets if you are only interested in Reserved seating. Because with a new number your tickets will be about as good as TM tickets. GA tickets would be your only reason to stay a member.
    except that the seniority doesn't seem to matter, so what difference does it make with a new number?
  • Options
    StevieG said:

Just my opinion. I've been a member since 2003 and I think someone who's been in longer deserves a better chance. I think I deserve a better chance than someone who just joined. That's all, no further explanation required. You don't have to agree, remember this thread is for whining

Lol, I know it is. And I'm just here whining about the idea that some members think they are better than others and how that idea makes no sense on several levels. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

Lol, I know it is. And I'm just here whining about the idea that some members think they are better than others and how that idea makes no sense on several levels. ;)
    there's nothing suggesting that some members are better than others in referring to a seniority system.
  • Options
    No ticket news here. When will lottery be finalized?
  • Options
    rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

MedozK said:

except that the seniority doesn't seem to matter, so what difference does it make with a new number?
    I don't get how you don't understand the way it works.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Options
    rgambs said:

MedozK said:

I understand it fine, thanks. I still don't see a compelling argument for renewing each year.
  • Options
    MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209

MedozK said:

The numbers reflects where your reserved seats will be if your chosen from the lottery. So, if you keep your membership up and get chosen for reserved seats your # gives you a nice seat. If your membership lapses and you then rejoin, as you say, before the tour. Your new # will be low and worse seats if you are chosen for 10C seats. So I would just cancel, if you don't like the lottery, and put my money into Ticket Master tickets for reserved seating.
  • Options
    MedozK said:

MedozK said:

The numbers reflects where your reserved seats will be if your chosen from the lottery. So, if you keep your membership up and get chosen for reserved seats your # gives you a nice seat. If your membership lapses and you then rejoin, as you say, before the tour. Your new # will be low and worse seats if you are chosen for 10C seats. So I would just cancel, if you don't like the lottery, and put my money into Ticket Master tickets for reserved seating.
    Right. So again, I don't see too much of a reason to keep paying every year.

oh well.
  • Options

rgambs said:

MedozK said:

I understand it fine, thanks. I still don't see a compelling argument for renewing each year.
    What were your top 5 picks for the drawing, if you don't mind.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

You really like to put words in people's mouths don't you? Where did I say that "I'm better" than other members? I said the lottery should be weighted, show me where I said that I'm better. You are completely fucked, that's just an opinion.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    rgambs said:

rgambs said:

MedozK said:

Toronto, GA and Reserved, Ottawa, GA and Reserved, and Lexington reserved.
  • Options

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

oh well.
    Obviously you pay every year for the cool luggage tags.
  • Options

rgambs said:

rgambs said:

MedozK said:

Toronto, GA and Reserved, Ottawa, GA and Reserved, and Lexington reserved.
    That's rough, it's not like you went all in for MSG GA. Lex RS probably felt like good odds.
    Ultimately, that just sucks.
  • Options
    AngryGreg said:

MedozK said:

MedozK said:

oh well.
    Obviously you pay every year for the cool luggage tags.
    not a bad idea.
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298
    The trick is to not care there are way more important issues in my life then if i win tickets to a PJ show i've seen them 40 times been a paying member since 1993 , i put in for the local shows that i can drive to or commute to Both MSG & PHILLY 2nd night only got nada but to be honest it doesn't even register on my emotional radar i just don't care about this band like i used to in the height of my fathom back in 92 thru 2000 i could care less i'm not even attempting TM or STUBHUB .........
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options

The trick is to not care there are way more important issues in my life then if i win tickets to a PJ show i've seen them 40 times been a paying member since 1993 , i put in for the local shows that i can drive to or commute to Both MSG & PHILLY 2nd night only got nada but to be honest it doesn't even register on my emotional radar i just don't care about this band like i used to in the height of my fathom back in 92 thru 2000 i could care less i'm not even attempting TM or STUBHUB .........

this isn't keeping me up at night. to suggest that anyone's world revolves around this is really misleading.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

You really like to put words in people's mouths don't you? Where did I say that "I'm better" than other members? I said the lottery should be weighted, show me where I said that I'm better. You are completely fucked, that's just an opinion.
    I do believe that is a violation of the board rules buddy. Don't lower yourself.
    The reason members think they should get tix before other members is because they think they are more deserving of said tix I assume. That, to me, suggests they think they are better members than other members. If they don't think they are superior members, then why else would they think they should have more of a right to tickets? I think it's a fair inference.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,298

this isn't keeping me up at night. to suggest that anyone's world revolves around this is really misleading.
    i'm not suggesting that your world revolves around a bands tour ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    cojobocojobo Ontario Posts: 299
    edited January 2016
    Went 0/4 this time. I am 2/5 overall with the draws I've entered so not a huge fan...

Personally I think that seniority is taken care of with the place your ticket is for the show but I would prefer if the 10club did a better job with ensuring everyone gets at least ONE pair of tickets to shows they put in for (when possible).

Ive seen others get two or three shows (even all GA!) and some other people shut out (like me) which I think sucks. Not sure of the logistics but sure it could be better distributed amounts fans...
    Post edited by cojobo on
    Halifax '05, Toronto '09, Toronto 2 '11, Hamilton '11, London '13, Chicago '13. Buffalo '13 , Leeds '14, Detroit '14, New York (GCF) '15, Ottawa '16, Toronto 1 '16, Toronto 2 '16
  • Options
    cojobo said:

Went 0/4 this time. I am 2/5 overall with the draws I've entered so not a huge fan...

Personally I think that seniority is taken care of with the place your ticket is for the show but I would prefer if the 10club did a better job with ensuring everyone gets at least ONE pair of tickets to shows they put in for (when possible).

Ive seen others get two or three shows (GA) and some other people shut out (like me) which I think sucks. Not sure of the logistics but sure it would be better distributed...

this is what bothers me most. Fine, throw out seniority if you're going to, but I ask for one show, and don't get it, and people ask for 3, IN LARGE MARKETS, and get all three.
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

PJ_Soul said:

StevieG said:

I do believe that is a violation of the board rules buddy. Don't lower yourself.
    The reason members think they should get tix before other members is because they think they are more deserving of said tix I assume. That, to me, suggests they think they are better members than other members. If they don't think they are superior members, then why else would they think they should have more of a right to tickets? I think it's a fair inference.
    Once again, never once did I say that I am better than anyone else. I gave my opinion on how the lottery should work, you are certainly entitled to your opinion. With that being said don't go telling me that I think I'm better than other people or that I'm superior. Now, kindly fuck off. Report me if you like.
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • Options
    im a member of TC not for the tickets, thers no lottery theres no early admissión for South America gigs.

im a member because i like PJ and many people when i told im in the fan club, they look at me very strange.....and i feel proud of me...
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    I have been to a show every year. Went to hometown show moline last year. I have never won lottery. Still in it this time. Have never been still in this late. The old way in nineties were good. I always go tickets. This way can drive one mad bit either way I'll be at a show.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    i just noticed that my dollar is pending as a credit back to me on my debit card... Is this the first sign of defeat for the lottery. Has anyone had this happen and wound up scoring tickets? Nothing has been updated on my ticket page yet and everything still says entered. Thx