10 Club Lottery Losers / Whiners Thread

Dinged from Toronto. Now I'm into the presale and public scalpers pool. :-(

Really wish they'd go to credit card only entry like the Adele gigs. Call me nuts, but we're a long way from this band protesting TM and them embracing TM's various forms of fan scamming amid their show-specific tchotchke era.

I guess I should be happy they're coming to town at all, but it's going to be torture if I can't get a seat after all the dough I've spent on these guys in the past.
MP
8/22/98 - Barrie, Ontario
10/5/00 - Toronto, Ontario
6/28/03 - Toronto, Ontario
9/22/05 - Halifax, Nova Scotia
9/11/11 - Toronto, Ontario
9/12/11 - Toronto, Ontario
7/31/12 - London, England (EV)
10/12/13 - Buffalo, New York
12/2/13 - Calgary, Alberta
05/10/16 - Toronto, Ontario
05/12/16 - Toronto, Ontario
09/06/16 - Hamilton, Ontario
09/08/22 - Toronto, Ontario

Comments

• If anyone had a ticket or a pair they do not want for TORONTO..please contact me.
    FUCK! if you only hear what you wanna hear...
    http://www.myspace.com/mrmojorisinca
  • I'm going to be frank, I am a little irritated that 17 continuous years in the fan club means no ticket.
  • there is already a thread why would you post a new one?
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and
    well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, Champagne in one hand - strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride! -Unknown
  • I'm going to be frank, I am a little irritated that 17 continuous years in the fan club means no ticket.

Hi Frank. 17 years is a long time, are you not near many shows or are you in NYC or another high demand market?
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix
  • halvhalv Posts: 675
    If they announce a West Coast tour my pre-sale luck will determine whether I keep my membership or not. I've been a member 17 years as well (I think). If I get shut out I don't see any reason to keep paying $50 USD every year.
  • ponner1usponner1us Posts: 736
    I feel for all of you who "lost." I got lucky and won this time, but I've been shut out quite a lot myself.
    Journey Begins: 1992-08-15, Montage Mountain Performing Arts Center,
    Scranton, Pennsylvania

Journey Ends:

Hi Frank. 17 years is a long time, are you not near many shows or are you in NYC or another high demand market?
    In a high demand market (Toronto), but to not get anything with this low a number and this many years of membership is sort of bullshit. I will likely not renew membership after this year.
  • StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    No Toronto for me, got my second choice of Ottawa. I was never shut out the old way, fuck the lottery!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • TeddyledbetterTeddyledbetter Seattle, WA Posts: 473
    Nice, I put in for the first 8 shows and got nothing on all 8. This sucks.
    So then hey, I need a General Admission ticket for the first 8 shows... I'll be in line.
  • Nice, I put in for the first 8 shows and got nothing on all 8. This sucks.
    So then hey, I need a General Admission ticket for the first 8 shows... I'll be in line.

Did you request GA for all 8 shows? Which ones?

Because that's incredibly unlucky. Like on a lottery winning scale of unluckiness. My condolences.
    MP

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,474
    edited January 2016

I'm going to be frank, I am a little irritated that 17 continuous years in the fan club means no ticket.

I don't think he's gone 17 years without getting a ticket. He's just mad he didn't win this particular lottery.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • sxysadie said:

there is already a thread why would you post a new one?

Didn't see it. Now I feel bad again. Thanks sxysadie, not only am I lottery loser but I am also a whiny forum spammer.
    MP

• PJ_Soul said:

I'm going to be frank, I am a little irritated that 17 continuous years in the fan club means no ticket.

I don't think he's gone 17 years without getting a ticket. He's just mad he didn't win this particular lottery.
    yes, I am pretty irritated.

In a high demand market (Toronto), but to not get anything with this low a number and this many years of membership is sort of bullshit. I will likely not renew membership after this year.
    I was interested in that show, the odds made me not go after it. I still have not received any notifications. (crosses fingers)
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix

I was interested in that show, the odds made me not go after it. I still have not received any notifications. (crosses fingers)
    I live here.

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, well 'dems the breaks. No member is any more important than any other member btw. Just sayin'. Sorry you didn't get tix. But don`t forget about ticketmaster or ticket buddies. It`s not like you can't go to the show.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • bdoyle13bdoyle13 Near Toronto Posts: 36
    Lost... Didn't get Toronto or Ottawa GAand seats
  • PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Yeah, well 'dems the breaks. No member is any more important than any other member btw. Just sayin'. Sorry you didn't get tix. But don`t forget about ticketmaster or ticket buddies. It`s not like you can't go to the show.
    Not what I said. But when they make a big deal about seniority on the site, and then it doesn't materialize, I think that's a problem. Either get rid of it, or stick to it.
    edited January 2016

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

Not what I said. But when they make a big deal about seniority on the site, and then it doesn't materialize, I think that's a problem. Either get rid of it, or stick to it.
    I don't feel like they make a big deal about seniority on the site at all. And seniority has never ever had anything to do with whether or not you get tickets. Seniority plays the same role now as it always did: seat selection..... I do empathize with you. But not everyone can win. It's a fair system where there are way more ticket buyers than there are tickets.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435

PJ_Soul said:

I don't blame you. I guarantee you the people who are, let's say, not very together, posting stuff on Facebook like, "Did I miss the presale?" (posted last Tuesday night), "Did they give away the Wrigley tickets already?", "Whoa I just discovered, you mean you can only win ONE show worth in Philly?" (posted over the weekend) are a lot of the people who got tickets.

"What does GA mean?" is another favorite I saw. I promise you that genius got GA tickets after all. Frustrating.
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

PJ_Soul said:

I don't feel like they make a big deal about seniority on the site at all. And seniority has never ever had anything to do with whether or not you get tickets. Seniority plays the same role now as it always did: seat selection..... I do empathize with you. But not everyone can win. It's a fair system where there are way more ticket buyers than there are tickets.
    respectfully, they have the word seniority all over the ticket related pages.
    What I find more frustrating than anything is that some people think they deserve tix more than others.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Las Vegas, NV Posts: 1,829
    Got nothing as well, tried for both NYC dates and Raleigh - so add me to the losers spreadsheet
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    Is this the thread where I complain about not winning tickets or the thread where from my rantings it becomes clear I misunderstood how the process works? Want to maintain topic integrity.

:wink:

Am genuinely sorry for anyone who got shutout today. It is a punch-in-the-stomach kind of feeling.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • looks like everyone here understands the process.
  • crazybootsiecrazybootsie Posts: 127
    edited January 2016
    Second lottery in a row I've been shutout, put in for Toronto, Philly and NYC.
    Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576

Second lottery in a row I've been shutout, put in for Toronto, Philly and NYC.

The 3 shows with highest demand.

If tickets were given by seniority for those three there would be none for anyone but the "oldest".
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • StevieGStevieG Ontario Posts: 850
    At the very least it should be weighted based on your seniority. They can stick the lottery up their asses!!
    Barrie, ON - Aug 22, 1998
    London, ON - Sep 12, 2005
    Toronto, ON - Aug 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON- Sep 11 2011
    Hamilton, ON- Sep 15 2011
    London, ON- Jul 16 2013
    Buffalo, NY- Oct 12 2013
  • subpoprockcitysubpoprockcity Posts: 241
    edited January 2016
    StevieG said:

At the very least it should be weighted based on your seniority. They can stick the lottery up their asses!!

why should I pay every year when I can sign up just before the tickets go on sale? this is stupid.
  • It's a thread for whining.
    JimmyV said:

Is this the thread where I complain about not winning tickets or the thread where from my rantings it becomes clear I misunderstood how the process works? Want to maintain topic integrity.

:wink:

Am genuinely sorry for anyone who got shutout today. It is a punch-in-the-stomach kind of feeling.

It's just a thread for whining generally.

Access to tickets is the #1 reason I think anyone joins the 10C. So disappointment is natural. I'm sure I'll finagle my way into the show. Just figured it makes sense to put this all in one place. Misery loving company etc.
    MP