The Official...Begging For GA tickets thread.

For you people who do not pay attention to the odds.
For you people that are 100% obsessed with sitting in GA.
For you people who MUST go to 5-10 shows, and sit GA for every show.
For you people who make GA seats your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th choices..
And then end up with NO TICKETS for any shows....

THIS THREAD IS FOR YOU!!!!!!
Take me piece by piece.....
Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....

Comments

• lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    any MSG available?

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    You know there will be people who will have NYC 1 GA, NYC 2 GA, Phil 1 GA and Phil 2 GA as their top 4 choices. And when they win 0 in the lottery, they will be complaining the loudest.
  • CopperTom said:

You know there will be people who will have NYC 1 GA, NYC 2 GA, Phil 1 GA and Phil 2 GA as their top 4 choices. And when they win 0 in the lottery, they will be complaining the loudest.

Its a given.
    Its a fact.

I myself have the perfect lottery strategy.
    I am going to 1 show, and don't care if I sit in the last row.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited January 2016
    Nothing wrong with going to see 5-10 shows. No one gets any grief for going to all 8 football home games. PJ plays songs from a 150 song playbook and the teams run plays from a 50 play playbook. I've seen more diving catches than Pearl Jam shows. Both events are the same and different at the same time.

Agree with the GA thread though and the need to have GA tickets for every freaking show.
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    edited January 2016

CopperTom said:

Its a given.
    Its a fact.

I myself have the perfect lottery strategy.
    I am going to 1 show, and don't care if I sit in the last row.

Good attitude to have.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    I still think the lottery would be much cooler if there was just a box to check if you want to be included in a GA drawing, and otherwise you just choose the show. And then you might get a sweet surprise at the box office. I am altering my strategy this time around, let's see if it works. Good luck to all who are trying!

Speedy, hoemtown show or something else?
  • Nothing wrong with going to see 5-10 shows. No one gets any grief for going to all 8 football home games. PJ plays songs from a 150 song playbook and the teams run plays from a 50 play playbook. I've seen more diving catches than Pearl Jam shows. Both events are the same and different at the same time.

Agree with the GA thread though and the need to have GA tickets for every freaking show.

Nothing at all is wrong with going to 5-10 shows.
    I used to be that guy.

• I still think the lottery would be much cooler if there was just a box to check if you want to be included in a GA drawing, and otherwise you just choose the show. And then you might get a sweet surprise at the box office. I am altering my strategy this time around, let's see if it works. Good luck to all who are trying!

Speedy, hoemtown show or something else?

Im going to spend a few hours at Wrigley, on Saturday night.
    And that's it as far as shows for me.

I am going to get 2 seats for Kathy and I, and sit in the upper deck.
  • Leezestarr313Leezestarr313 Temple of the cat Posts: 14,340
    Good luck, we're gonna try for Wrigley too :)
  • Good luck, we're gonna try for Wrigley too :)

I really don't perceive a problem for me getting cheap seats for that Saturday show in Wrigley. Between the lottery, and the public sale, I really don't think I need to sweat.

But I could be wrong.
    Wouldn't be the 1st time.

• ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    CopperTom said:

Shhhhhhhh. Let them do it! Makes my chances of getting my first choice seated better. :smile:
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Wake me up when the Official GA line thread starts. Or are people camped out already in Ft. Lauderdale?
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

I really don't perceive a problem for me getting cheap seats for that Saturday show in Wrigley. Between the lottery, and the public sale, I really don't think I need to sweat.

But I could be wrong.

I think Monday will be cheap.. Kids go back to school that day..I'm going the same route for sat tickets..I remember my friends found cheap tix on streets the last go round..

"Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wake me up when the Official GA line thread starts. Or are people camped out already in Ft. Lauderdale?

How many hours before show do people start that up, out of curiosity?
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045

Wake me up when the Official GA line thread starts. Or are people camped out already in Ft. Lauderdale?

There's a blonde with a list who organizes everything.. No worries.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Wma31394 said:

But I could be wrong.

I think Monday will be cheap.. Kids go back to school that day..I'm going the same route for sat tickets..I remember my friends found cheap tix on streets the last go round..

If I remember correctly, there were 3 different tiers, when it came to Wrigley tix, when entering the lottery, the last time around.

GA
    Lower Bowl
    Upper deck

And I am pretty sure 99.9% of the people who put upper deck as their 1st choice, got their seats.

I don't need GA
    I don't need lower bowl.
    My wife and I can go in the upper deck, buy a diet coke, have a grilled hot dog, and check out the show.

Its all good.
  • ^ With you on that one. Place that big I just want to sit back relax and smile for 3 hours
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604

I still think the lottery would be much cooler if there was just a box to check if you want to be included in a GA drawing, and otherwise you just choose the show. And then you might get a sweet surprise at the box office. I am altering my strategy this time around, let's see if it works. Good luck to all who are trying!

Agree 1,000%, I have been beating that drum since this lotto started. IMO it would be much more simple, equitable, and fun.

Not only that... Do the "handbill" thing for the 'line'. Give out numbers 30 minutes before the gates open and randomly select a number. Thats where the line starts. Anyone pushing or running gets sent either to hell or the back of the line, their choice.
  • High Fidelity 2000High Fidelity 2000 New Mexico USA Posts: 4,435
    Wma31394 said:

There's a blonde with a list who organizes everything.. No worries.
    Ha... bring your sharpies!
    ABQ 93, Las Cruces 95, ABQ 98, Bridge School 10/30/99, Lubbock 00, ABQ 00, Denver 03, State College 03, San Diego 03, Vegas 03, PHX 03, D.C. 03, Camden 7/5/03, NYC 7/8/03 + 7/9/03, Vegas 06, San Francisco 7/15/06 + 7/16/06 + 7/18/06, Kansas City 10, EV:ABQ 11/6/12, Chicago 13, PHX 13, Denver 14--PJ24!, Telluride 16, Chicago 8/20/16, Chicago 8/18/18, Denver 20, Phoenix 20

New Mexico Pearl Jam Fans (New Mexico, USA) on Facebook!
  • ckravitzckravitz NJ Posts: 1,668
    MayDay10 said:

Agree 1,000%, I have been beating that drum since this lotto started. IMO it would be much more simple, equitable, and fun.

Not only that... Do the "handbill" thing for the 'line'. Give out numbers 30 minutes before the gates open and randomly select a number. Thats where the line starts. Anyone pushing or running gets sent either to hell or the back of the line, their choice.
    The problem with the checkbox approach is it kind of give those that want GA a greater chance while reducing the chance for those that don't want GA. Some people just don't want to deal with GA and won't put it down as a pick at all. The reverse really isnt true. I.e. if you want GA, you are getting a crack at both GA and reserved. Just a thought.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I think each show should be one pool of tickets. Just 10 club tickets.

Then after the 2,400 pairs or whatever quantity is selected (at some point before the show), they choose randomly who gets the GA pairs. The people who selected thanks but no thanks for GA would be exempted from getting selected. They can either pick out of a hat... make it a theme once in awhile just to fuck with us like "birthdays in September", "400xxx members", "last names that start with J-L"

This way, if people are getting their spouses/ticket partners/etc accounts in the 500xxx-600xxx range, and they put in for tickets, they better be prepared to use those. It would also ensure a pretty even distribution of 10c numbers in the reserved seats. Im 300xxx and I feel like everyone in front of me lays up and goes for reserved, while a ton of people behind me spike the GA pot.
  • FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    You people...?

J/K :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • FoxyRedLa said:

You people...?

J/K :lol:

You people!

• FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    How rude! :lol:
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057
    CopperTom said:

Stop looking at my selections! :anguished:

The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Mine is actually without PHL 1.

Some of us prefer personal space not sure why there has to be GA bashing every time.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • ldent42 said:

Some of us prefer personal space not sure why there has to be GA bashing every time.

Because GA bashing is FUN!
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859

ldent42 said:

Because GA bashing is FUN!
    So is GA.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • JSBachJSBach Posts: 108
    I've a question: if I put a seating as 5th choice, do I have the same odds to get it as those who put it as 1st choice or the fact the preference does influence the chances to win?
    Sift everything, hold on to what is good!
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    edited January 2016
    GA! GA! GA! GA! I got a PJ fever... And the only prescription is more GA! But I'm only planning 1 show in Lexington so please put me on the in search of list of I don't score... But I will take anything in the building (prefer within spitting distance from Ed)

Speedy, you're funny...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville