Options

Wrigley 2016

HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 499
edited January 2016 in The Porch
Mind as well start this thread now. I'm excited!!
Any chances that with two shows they'll release one of them on video?
Post edited by Hoccapuk on

Comments

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Nope.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    How soon until we get the "Please Release the Wrigley/Fenway 2016 boots" thread? haha
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
  • Options
    yellowwhoyellowwho Posts: 1,661
    can't wait to stand in line for merch !!
  • Options
    ZodZod Posts: 10,141
    The first show is on my birthday and I've never seen PJ on my bday. One of my best friends lives in Chicago and I was timing a visit for October so we could do the 4 hour drive to Detroit for a Red Wings game. Don't want to spend the money on heading out there twice... PJ or Red Wings..... probably comes down to whether or not I can score tickets.

PJ on my birthday would be sweet!
  • Options
    ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    I was having a pretty bad week and a half and this just made everything better! Thanks including us west coasters PJ!
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • Options
    CubuCubu N.W. Suburban Chicago Posts: 86
    Was there in 2013. On the field, the storms, the delay, the reboot, playing until 2:00am, Ernie Banks, what a night! Can't wait! Thanks Theo for bringing them back!!!
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Considering trying for this. How does 10C tickets work for this type of show?? How did it work last time? Thanks on advance for the info!
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    Keep an eye for when the tix go on sale. Last time it was lottery, so you might not win 1st choice. Be thankful whatever you win. All seats were reserved, but you won't know where your exact seat is until you pick them up at will call. I won Field seats and was about 30 row dead center. Your standing in the club, (the lower the number the better), will get you a better seat, but you have to win the lottery first and that is 1st come, 1st serve. Good luck, just don't take my seat!!!
    Chicago Stadium -94, Soldier Field -95, United Center -98, Allstate Arena -2000, United Center -03, United Center -06, United Center -09, Alpine Valley - 11, Wrigley Field-13, Wrigley Field-16
  • Options
    I take the "all seats were reserved back". The was an area in front of the stage that was G.A. The field reserve seats were behind that. I was in that section.
  • Options
    Cubu said:

Keep an eye for when the tix go on sale. Last time it was lottery, so you might not win 1st choice. Be thankful whatever you win. All seats were reserved, but you won't know where your exact seat is until you pick them up at will call. I won Field seats and was about 30 row dead center. Your standing in the club, (the lower the number the better), will get you a better seat, but you have to win the lottery first and that is 1st come, 1st serve. Good luck, just don't take my seat!!!

The lottery is first come, first serve?
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,867
    uggg, was hopong so much for a Soldier field date

I don;t know if I can take another Wrigley Clusterfuck, let alone 2 more..
  • Options
    Ribberton, to clarify..your standing in the club (i.e member number) won't matter in the lottery. If you win, then it matters. Sorry for the confusion.
  • Options
    OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    Thanks for the info. I guess the lottery for Wrigley and Fenway won't happen until later seeing as they aren't part of this week's lottery list...
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    All I know is I missed out last time. I better damn well see my all-time favorite band at my all-time favorite team's stadium this time around!
  • Options
    We just planned a trip to Chicago for the August 20th weekend. Not a coincidence. I pretty much made it happen. Going to be a great experience
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 280
    Anybody think getting tickets to Wrigley will be any easier this time around?? I doubt it.
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    Red Mosquito75Red Mosquito75 Moline IL Posts: 1,034
    This was a dream show last time. Wonder why not back to back nights.
    This is Not For You
  • Options
    JJ290783JJ290783 Chicago, IL Posts: 10
    That's Chicago Air & Water Show Weekend, so its interesting they are taking off that Sunday.
  • Options
    mkay0mkay0 Posts: 45
    tylerj said:

Anybody think getting tickets to Wrigley will be any easier this time around?? I doubt it.

I'd guess it's going to be substantially easier. Last time, there were only two shows booked over the summer, it was announced before the 2013 tour was booked. This is two shows, not one, and part of a longer tour.
    06-13-2003 Council Bluffs; 05-16-2006, 05-17-2006 Chicago; 08-05-2007 Lollapalooza; 08-23-2009, 08-24-2009 Chicago; 05-03-2010 Kansas City; 05-04-2010 St. Louis; 09-03-2011, 09-04-2011 PJ20; 07-19-2013 Wrigley; 10-21-13, 10-22-13 Philly; 10-09-2014 Lincoln; 10-17-2014 Moline; 10-19-2014 St. Paul; 08-20-2016, 08-22-2016 Wrigley
  • Options
    pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653

All I know is I missed out last time. I better damn well see my all-time favorite band at my all-time favorite team's stadium this time around!

This my friend. I'm not gonna be on Sheffield this time!
  • Options
    kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,602

Cubu said:

The lottery is first come, first serve?
    No, it's a lottery.
  • Options
    Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    hrd2imgn said:

uggg, was hopong so much for a Soldier field date

I don;t know if I can take another Wrigley Clusterfuck, let alone 2 more..

Me too..1 night at soldier. I might pass altogether on wrigley
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I've been there before
  • Options
    mattcozmattcoz Chicago Posts: 2,160
    JJ290783 said:

That's Chicago Air & Water Show Weekend, so its interesting they are taking off that Sunday.

Crap, really? I'm always exhausted after partying in the heat all day, I'm going to have to take a nap before the Saturday night show. (I'm getting too old for this $#!7)
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,807
    tylerj said:

If 10club are able to secure double the amount of fanclub tickets then their '13 show, it probably would be easier.
  • Options
    SaravaSarava Naperville, IL Posts: 1,998
    For any out of towners coming. The air show is wicked to watch from the top of the Sears Tower. Pretty cool timing that it's the same weekend.
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    For those who went to Wrigley last time, is it just an absolute shit show trying to get tickets to this or no?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    tylerjtylerj Indiana Posts: 280

For those who went to Wrigley last time, is it just an absolute shit show trying to get tickets to this or no?

It was an absolute shit show last time. I never got the opportunity/chance to buy tickets the day they went on sale because of the demand. The 2nd Wrigley show and the fact it's part of a longer tour might help that problem. We shall see!
    Chicago, Aug 24, 2009 
    Noblesville, May 7, 2010
    PJ20 Night 1, 2011
    Cincinnati, Oct. 1, 2014
    Milwaukee, Oct. 20, 2014
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 22, 2016
    Wrigley Field, Aug 18, 2018
    Wrigley Field, Aug 20, 2018
    St. Louis, Sept. 18, 2022
    Chicago, Sept. 5, 2023
    Chicago, Sept. 7, 2023

• Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    How'd the system work? People are talking about a lottery?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,877
    tylerj said:

It was an absolute shit show last time. I never got the opportunity/chance to buy tickets the day they went on sale because of the demand. The 2nd Wrigley show and the fact it's part of a longer tour might help that problem. We shall see!
    Even Foo Fighters this past summer was a disaster. Too many corporate/season tickets and it was the only alt-rock show this summer. PJ needs to make the whole field GA like FF did but I don't see it happening. I wish they were playing UC.

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale