Options

Are these Fake ebay listings...

tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 39,015
edited January 2016 in Lost Dogs
Thought these were fake but others more knowledgeable than me say NO.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEARL-JAM-Epic-Records-Promo-CD-Christmas-Singles-/131692126567?hash=item1ea9766167:g:MMQAAOSwHaBWidIe

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PEARL-JAM-Epic-Records-Promo-CD-Rarities-Unreleased-Cuts-/131692123944?hash=item1ea9765728:g:V6wAAOSwGotWidA5

I would stay clear of anything that can be made with a printer… Just sayin'

Feel free to add and help the people!
Post edited by tempo_n_groove on

Comments

• Options
    pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,709
    Not fake Chris

Wait to see the end value on those
  • Options
    Legit
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Not fake Chris

Wait to see the end value on those

Didn't notice them on PJ collectors so thought they were fake?!?

I still wouldn't pay $ .01 for anything on a CD-R besides the reeenk.

Doesn't pass the smell test for me but hey what do I know, lol?

• Options
    Reenk is not CDr but a silver cd, Chris!

• Options
    I wont be getting near here those either Chris, but not out of choice.....I would expect upwards of $250 on both
  • Options
    deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    pdalowsky said:

I wont be getting near here those either Chris, but not out of choice.....I would expect upwards of $250 on both

What's the story? I believe you. I hear that you are the all knowing one of PJ Merch :bow: so I wondered how did these come about, what was their distribution, who were they made for . . . Do tell.
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    We talkin about compact discs?
  • Options

Reenk is not CDr but a silver cd, Chris!

OOOps yes it is!
  • Options
    These are simply sony epic die cut promotional cds.

They were as any promos are, made for press, radio, media etc......unfortunately we will never get the vital specifics from within Sony, but these have cropped up from time to time, and their value is always insane....

• Options
    Some people go crazy for these but I'm not touching anything with a printed sticker label. I'll post some stuff tonight that I've gotten in trades or lots and you all can tell me what's real.

What I do think is amazing is the watermarked CDs. People recognize the names for whom they were assigned to. That's crazy.
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,539
    Strange that "Sunburn" made it onto one of these CD's.
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 729
    pdalowsky said:

These are simply sony epic die cut promotional cds.

They were as any promos are, made for press, radio, media etc......unfortunately we will never get the vital specifics from within Sony, but these have cropped up from time to time, and their value is always insane....

watching them as well. they will fly on the last 20 seconds
    i think they rock on their rareness
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options
    Holy shit, $400 a pop !!
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,836
    pdalowsky said:

Holy shit, $400 a pop !!

Holy shit indeed. Cheap promo CDR's that are not even Taiyo Yuden branded.

Hope the winner is able to share an EAC rip 100% log that Christmas CDR.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

Holy shit, $400 a pop !!

People are insane...
  • Options
    DuncsDuncs Posts: 423
    edited January 2016

pdalowsky said:

Holy shit, $400 a pop !!

People are insane...
    I AM NOT!!!!

Kidding...it wasn't me.
  • Options
    RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    Theyre all real and wished I could have afforded them. EXTREMELY RARE!
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • Options
    RYANPB999 said:

Theyre all real and wished I could have afforded them. EXTREMELY RARE!

I'd love to have the ear of a Epic representative for a little while to see how many of these are actually credible...
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    Ridiculous
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    chaunceychauncey Posts: 41
    edited January 2016
    Ridiculous. Insane. Call it what you want. I call it jealousy. I wish I had the cash to snag both of those promos. Bottom line is collectors are wiling to pay big bucks for their holy grails. Monkeywrench Radio just sold for $3,000. Give Way? $400. These have been circulating in trading circles for YEARS. So has "Rarities Unreleased Cuts" yet a fellow collector either did not know or simply wanted the real deal. And don't get me started on the prices paid for PJ vinyl... To each his own. Personally, the "Christmas Singles" promo caught my eye more than "Rarities" because I don't have lossless, CD quality sources for most of those songs. I have decent needle drops, but I'm guessing the promo CD sounds much better.
    Post edited by chauncey on
  • Options
    chauncey said:

Ridiculous. Insane. Call it what you want. I call it jealousy. I wish I had the cash to snag both of those promos. Bottom line is collectors are wiling to pay big bucks for their holy grails. Monkeywrench Radio just sold for $3,000. Give Way? $400. These have been circulating in trading circles for YEARS. So has "Rarities Unreleased Cuts" yet a fellow collector either did not know or simply wanted the real deal. And don't get me started on the prices paid for PJ vinyl... To each his own. Personally, the "Christmas Singles" promo caught my eye more than "Rarities" because I don't have lossless, CD quality sources for most of those songs. I have decent needle drops, but I'm guessing the promo CD sounds much better.

Monkey Wrench didn't sell and Giveway at $400 is a lttle high.

I'll sell my Giveway for $400 if someone wants it!
  • Options
    My bad. Paul has Monkey Wrench listed as SOLD:

0093 Monkey Wrench
    Radio Germany 1995 Epic $3000 SOLD

A sealed Give Way for $400 is a bit high but not outrageous, IMO.
  • Options
    chauncey said:

0093 Monkey Wrench

Both sold guys.
  • Options
    pdalowsky said:

chauncey said:

0093 Monkey Wrench

Both sold guys.
    Some psycho paid 3G got that?!?
  • Options
    ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    There are people in this world that just have too much money.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • Options
    the truth of the matter is the monkeywrench box would have sold 10 times over.....There were buyers all over for it.
  • Options
    Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    chauncey said:

No, I am not jealous one bit.
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • Options
    foodshop65foodshop65 Connecticut Posts: 729
    pdalowsky said:

the truth of the matter is the monkeywrench box would have sold 10 times over.....There were buyers all over for it.

congrats to both the buyer and seller on these
    collecting is alive and well!
    Randall's Island 9-29-1996, MSG 9-10/11-1998, Meadows, CT 9-13-1998, Sacramento 10-30-2000, Bridge School 10-26-2002,MSG 9-8/9-2003, Hartford 2013, Amsterdam 2014(2), Memphis 2014, MSG 5-1/2-2016, Fenway 8-7-16, Fenway 9-2/4-18 MSG 9-11-22
  • Options

pdalowsky said:

chauncey said:

0093 Monkey Wrench

Both sold guys.
    Yes Chris, and as one of the hardest to find rarities out there in the history of Pj collectibles I don't think it was remotely insane. When the item is taken into context, its harder to find than a Reenk roink, more limited, and arguably better looking and presented. It might not have that unique connection to the band that the RR has but its a thing of beauty close up. I know for a fact I combed every nook and cranny out there trying to locate a copy of it some years ago now, and for 3-4 years I came up empty handed. I looked for it EVERYWHERE, contacted EVERYONE I could think of, and got nothing.

Ive seen Benny Hall sell for $1500 at times, a record set that is out there in very high numbers - probably 2500 copies of it, that makes no sense to me but it happens a lot and still sells sealed for around $1200 at times. I cant figure that out but it is what it is, yet its not even hard to locate.

I think with MRW you have the holiest of holy grails amoungst the collecting fanbase, only 8/9 copies are known over the years to have surfaced publically, and that in itself is incredible.

I believe had it gone to ebay, the price would have gone above and beyond.

each to their own I guess, last year a rare pick from 1994 effectively sold for $3000. That might sound insane, but it is also impossible to find and it was worth that much to the buyer to satisfy that hole in his collection. Its a triangular piece of plastic of course and it might sound nuts, but that's the way of the world. People sometimes pay £30,000 for a banksy original when a replica could be bought for $50.

I don't see it as people having too much money, more appreciating the item they are interested in and paying for it based on its 'legend' and paying what it is worth to them.
  • Options
    a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,852
    pdalowsky said:

pdalowsky said:

chauncey said:

0093 Monkey Wrench

Both sold guys.
    Yes Chris, and as one of the hardest to find rarities out there in the history of Pj collectibles I don't think it was remotely insane. When the item is taken into context, its harder to find than a Reenk roink, more limited, and arguably better looking and presented. It might not have that unique connection to the band that the RR has but its a thing of beauty close up. I know for a fact I combed every nook and cranny out there trying to locate a copy of it some years ago now, and for 3-4 years I came up empty handed. I looked for it EVERYWHERE, contacted EVERYONE I could think of, and got nothing.

Ive seen Benny Hall sell for $1500 at times, a record set that is out there in very high numbers - probably 2500 copies of it, that makes no sense to me but it happens a lot and still sells sealed for around $1200 at times. I cant figure that out but it is what it is, yet its not even hard to locate.

I think with MRW you have the holiest of holy grails amoungst the collecting fanbase, only 8/9 copies are known over the years to have surfaced publically, and that in itself is incredible.

I believe had it gone to ebay, the price would have gone above and beyond.

each to their own I guess, last year a rare pick from 1994 effectively sold for $3000. That might sound insane, but it is also impossible to find and it was worth that much to the buyer to satisfy that hole in his collection. Its a triangular piece of plastic of course and it might sound nuts, but that's the way of the world. People sometimes pay £30,000 for a banksy original when a replica could be bought for $50.

I don't see it as people having too much money, more appreciating the item they are interested in and paying for it based on its 'legend' and paying what it is worth to them.
    Very well said, to each his/her own!

I'll compare to the Do The Evolution animation cel's from the music video. I search for these for years, finally found a couple and traded a lot for them (+cash) because they are so hard to find. I'm surprised they didn't go for more. Supply and demand.

And I'd be interested in more if I could ever find them. Yes there's usually 2 on the bay, but $750 is crazy, even if it is signed by Mike.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?