Options

Got My Damaged Pearl Jam vs Ames Bros Vol. 1 Poster

Comments

• Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

shred a $20 poster? ripping it in half wouldn't be good enough?

disappointed in the 10c quality assurance lately

Who cares about shredding or ripping? Do we really need to dissect their response until we find fault? They made a mistake. Now they're correcting it. And while it hasn't been officially answered, it seems all the posters may have been packed by seasonal employees at Ames.
    I just thought it was an odd request coming from the people that knowingly sold poorly packed/damaged goods... figured they could have just asked the person to rip it... no bid deal, I didn't buy one and don't plan on buying one so I will stay out of it

• Options
    evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,103
    To all those who say they received an undamaged poster... look cloooooooserrrrrrrrr.... SVRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD??????? come onnnnnn..... find a blemsish... a scar..... i should make more dots...............................................
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • Options
    jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Who cares about shredding or ripping? Do we really need to dissect their response until we find fault? They made a mistake. Now they're correcting it. And while it hasn't been officially answered, it seems all the posters may have been packed by seasonal employees at Ames.
    I think the biggest issue is that it takes a critical mass of bitching before 10c does anything. Rather than getting in front of issues (like this poster issue, or the latest bootleg boondoggle) and communicate that issues are known and being addressed, they sit on their thumbs hoping it will blow over. When it doesn't, they then feel compelled to fess up.

Their initial response to the poster fiasco was an email letting people know the posters are sold as is, and that the buyer could pay additional money to get it resolved, or live with it. I'm guessing they hoped people would just live with it. Glad they're addressing this properly now. And hopefully they'll properly address the bootleg issue with a disclaimer at the very least.
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,428
    jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

I think the biggest issue is that it takes a critical mass of bitching before 10c does anything. Rather than getting in front of issues (like this poster issue, or the latest bootleg boondoggle) and communicate that issues are known and being addressed, they sit on their thumbs hoping it will blow over. When it doesn't, they then feel compelled to fess up.

Their initial response to the poster fiasco was an email letting people know the posters are sold as is, and that the buyer could pay additional money to get it resolved, or live with it. I'm guessing they hoped people would just live with it. Glad they're addressing this properly now. And hopefully they'll properly address the bootleg issue with a disclaimer at the very least.
    They didn't sit on their thumbs. They were closed until Monday for the holidays and then rectified it when they reopened. They had it posted on the front page of the website that they would be closed. I'm not really seeing what the emergency was that people needed a response immediately.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

They didn't sit on their thumbs. They were closed until Monday for the holidays and then rectified it when they reopened. They had it posted on the front page of the website that they would be closed. I'm not really seeing what the emergency was that people needed a response immediately.
    Its the internet/message board age- people need immediate feedback.

***Disclaimer***- in no way am I saying the 10c response was right or wrong, just stating how things seem to be in this day in age requiring an immediate response to their questions or concerns***
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Someone sat on something for a bit. Their response is in the 3rd post in this thread from sometime in Dec when the issue was first brought to their attention. It wasn't something that they discovered on Monday. I don't have dog in this poster fight, and it isn't an emergency to me, but I'm pointing out that they started with a bullshit response to the issue, and then changed to a reasonable level of customer service once bitching reached a critical mass. That's the MO I'm opposed to. The initial response should have been what was finally sent this week.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    evsgjamm said:

To all those who say they received an undamaged poster... look cloooooooserrrrrrrrr.... SVRRRRRRRDDDDDDDDDD??????? come onnnnnn..... find a blemsish... a scar..... i should make more dots...............................................

Sorry I looked pretty closely and its just fine :smile:
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I don't understand why they would blame temp staff when you should have proper supervision and quality assurance of products leaving your warehouse... glad they are cleaning this up but that was 100% bs to put it on temps like that... nobody supervised the packaging? nobody showed them how to properly pack a tube before handing over stacks of prints? nobody noticed they didn't use tape for gods sake? somebody fucked up, and it wasn't the temporary help
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Mine S/N arrived just fine......sorry for those that got damaged ones!
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    edited January 2016
    Come on Ames/10C - Step yo game up!!!!

https://youtu.be/i2nOLGNjWnk
  • Options
    rpecsokrpecsok Posts: 45
    Mine arrived with only 1 end cap and there were multiple areas of damage, not just on the edges. I am disappointed like everyone else who received a damaged poster. I would at least expect a mass email to all who purchased from Ames Bros. that they are aware of the problem and will take steps to rectify it. I will definitely think twice before I purchase in the future. UGH!
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Someone sat on something for a bit. Their response is in the 3rd post in this thread from sometime in Dec when the issue was first brought to their attention. It wasn't something that they discovered on Monday. I don't have dog in this poster fight, and it isn't an emergency to me, but I'm pointing out that they started with a bullshit response to the issue, and then changed to a reasonable level of customer service once bitching reached a critical mass. That's the MO I'm opposed to. The initial response should have been what was finally sent this week.
    Timeline: The posters arrived crushed. Then the ten club made the mistake of responding that you had to ship the poster back to get a refund. Then the ten club closed for the holiday. Then people complained about needing to return the poster for a refund. Then the ten club reopened after the holidays. Then the ten club fixed their mistake by telling people to shred the posters instead of returning them. Then people continued to complain.
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Final BowFinal Bow flying Posts: 486
    Ordered from AMES and delivered in mint condition :-)
    Jun 05, 1992; Nov 04, 1996; Jun 09, 2000; Jun 26, 2000; Aug 29 2006, Sep 16, 2006; Sep 23, 2006; Sep 25, 2006; Sep 30, 2006; Jun 12, 2007; Jun 13, 2007; Jun 18, 2007; Jun 21, 2007; Jun 26, 2007; Jun 28, 2007; Jun 17, 2008; Jun 19, 2008; Jun 20; 2008; Jun 22, 2008; Jun 24, 2008; Jun 25, 2008; Aug 13, 2009; Aug 15; 2009; Aug 18, 2009; Oct 06, 2009; Oct 07, 2009; Oct 09, 2009; Jun 22; 2010; Jun 23, 2010; Jun 25, 2010; Jun 30, 2010; Sept 03, 2011; Sept 04, 2011; Sept 07, 2011; Sept 14, 2011; Sept 15, 2011; Jun 20 2012; Jun 21 2012; Jun 26 2012; Jun 27 2012; Jul 02 2012; Jul 04 2012; Jul 05 2012; Jul 07 2012; Jul 09 2012; Jul 10 2012; Oct 15 2013; Oct 16 2013; Oct 18 2013; Oct 19 2013; Oct 21 2013; Oct 22 2013; Jun 16 2014; Jun 17 2014; Jun 20 2014; Jun 22 2014; Jun 25 2014; Jun 26 2014; Jul 11 2014; Nov 14 2015; Nov 17 2015; Nov 20 2015; Nov 22 2015; Apr 16 2016; Apr 18 2016; Apr 20 2016; Apr 21 2016
  • Options
    so glad i gave up on merch...
  • Options

I'm really only interested in really good prints from shows I attend and the stickers... everything else tends to be an easy pass
  • Options
    my2hands said:

I'm really only interested in really good prints from shows I attend and the stickers... everything else tends to be an easy pass
    This.

• Options
    on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Timeline: The posters arrived crushed. Then the ten club made the mistake of responding that you had to ship the poster back to get a refund. Then the ten club closed for the holiday. Then people complained about needing to return the poster for a refund. Then the ten club reopened after the holidays. Then the ten club fixed their mistake by telling people to shred the posters instead of returning them. Then people continued to complain.
    Yup, that's the sequence. Started with a bullshit response, amended once they couldn't ignore it further. Just like how they released a recent bootleg with no indication of any issues, yet once voices became loud enough about the sound quality, they acknowledged there was an issue. There should have been transparency and disclosure at the point of sale, not after the fact. And even now there isn't any disclosure in the shop, so anyone not reading the forums will be hosed. I don't know why you're so defensive and protective about 10c's abysmal customer service record. They aren't any sort of model for proper customer service, and don't need to be given that they're the single source for exclusive items. This isn't anything new. They know it and most of us know it. Very rarely proactive about service issues, but will almost always respond once critical mass has been reached. It is what it is, and I don't see a problem with pointing it out. Should you choose to ignore it, that's cool with me. But defending their customer service practices says something about the low bar you set on quality and customer satisfaction. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine. I run a technical support/customer support operation, but since I'm in a competitive industry, we don't have the option of treating customers like they do.
  • Options
    my2hands said:

give it time. ;)
    you will eventually discover that, after 50+ shows, and owning 40+ posters of shows i've seen... enough is enough!

• Options

my2hands said:

give it time. ;)
    you will eventually discover that, after 50+ shows, and owning 40+ posters of shows i've seen... enough is enough!

I'm pretty picky when it comes to gig posters... I used to collect, but now I've been to about 40 shows and only own/want about 5 prints
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Just waiting for a classic Sperry... or Emek... or Slater lol
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Yup, that's the sequence. Started with a bullshit response, amended once they couldn't ignore it further. Just like how they released a recent bootleg with no indication of any issues, yet once voices became loud enough about the sound quality, they acknowledged there was an issue. There should have been transparency and disclosure at the point of sale, not after the fact. And even now there isn't any disclosure in the shop, so anyone not reading the forums will be hosed. I don't know why you're so defensive and protective about 10c's abysmal customer service record. They aren't any sort of model for proper customer service, and don't need to be given that they're the single source for exclusive items. This isn't anything new. They know it and most of us know it. Very rarely proactive about service issues, but will almost always respond once critical mass has been reached. It is what it is, and I don't see a problem with pointing it out. Should you choose to ignore it, that's cool with me. But defending their customer service practices says something about the low bar you set on quality and customer satisfaction. Sorry, it is a pet peeve of mine. I run a technical support/customer support operation, but since I'm in a competitive industry, we don't have the option of treating customers like they do.
    Bro... They were closed for Christmas. They took care of it when they reopened. Thats all. Be well and enjoy your day. :smiley:

• Options
    on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

Bro... They were closed for Christmas. They took care of it when they reopened. Thats all. Be well and enjoy your day. :smiley:
    :smiley: You, too! I am not as bothered as my posts may indicate. And I know they were closed for the holidays, which extended the delay in getting a remedy, but the sequence or pattern would have been essentially the same with or without the holiday as demonstrated by their past performance. Anyway, I've probably beat this dead horse for too long!
  • Options
    jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

jeffbr said:

on2legs said:

my2hands said:

:smiley: You, too! I am not as bothered as my posts may indicate. And I know they were closed for the holidays, which extended the delay in getting a remedy, but the sequence or pattern would have been essentially the same with or without the holiday as demonstrated by their past performance. Anyway, I've probably beat this dead horse for too long!
    I hear ya. Peace. :smiley:

• Options
    MUZIKMUZIK Posts: 627
    edited January 2016
    I ordered foo wrigley from Ames.

After the first one came damaged they told me to return it in which I did.

Then the replacement came and the second one was worse then the first one ( a lot worse )

After emailing back and forth with Ames, where I told them it's extremely unprofessional that they can't ship posters properly that I keep receiving damaged posters. This was there response.

" We have been in the business of designing and shipping posters for over 20 years. I personally oversaw the rolling and packaging of this poster and I can tell you with 100% certainty that it left our studio in perfect condition. These pics illustrate what is known as a "roll fold" It happens when someone grabs the corner of the poster and improperly removes it causing damages to the edges versus loosening and removing the entire rolled poster at once. "

I responded in a civil manner but boy did I want to lay it into them.

Then they didn't want to refund me because it was passed 30 days!

Finally just got refunded last night.

Needless to say there's a good chance I won't be ordering from Ames again until they get there shit together.

After 20 years you think they would have better customer service as opposed to accusing its buyers of not taking out the posters correctly and whoever ships these posters out need to start looking for other employment.
    Post edited by MUZIK on
    09.11.98, 08.24.00, 08.25.00, 04.30.03, 07.08.03, 07.08.03, 09.15.05, 09.16.05, 09.19.05, 09.30.05, 10.01.05, 05.12.06, 05.13.06, 05.25.06, 05.27.06, 05.28.06, 06.01.06, 06.03.06, 06.19.08, 06.20.08, 06.22.08, 06.24.08, 06.25.08, 06.27.08, 06.28.08, 06.30.08, 07.01.08, 08.05.08, 08.07.08, 10.27.09, 10.30.09, 10.31.09, 05.18.10, 05.20.10, 05.21.10, 10.15.13, 10.18.13, 10,19,13, 9.23.15, 9.26.15, 04.28.16, 04.29.16, 05.01.16, 05.02.16, 05.06.22, 05.07.22, 09.14.22
  • Options
    First world problems imho...
    when he's happy he looks insane

Gorge 2005
  • Options
    tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,957
    scorpio2k said:

Such rubbish, people gave ordered new posters and have every right for them to be delivered to them in mint condition. It's not like people are complaining without valid reasons.

In retail shit happens, it's the response of the companies involved that's important. I hope all those who ordered posters get it made right.
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • Options
    ChrisileinChrisilein Vienna/Austria Posts: 3,878
    edited January 2016
    Mine ordered from Ames came yesterday. The tube including both cabs was in perfect condition but to my surprise the poster inside was not!! So they damadged it during the packing Process!
    up here in my tree in Vienna
    2006: Vienna 2009: Berlin 2010: London ~ Berlin 2012: Amsterdam 1+2 ~ Werchter ~ Arras ~ Berlin 1+2
    2014: Milano ~ Trieste ~ Vienna ~ Berlin 2018: Padova ~ Rome 2022: Budapest ~ Vienna
    EV London/Hammersmith 2012
    EV Berlin/Zitadelle 2017
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,631
    I miss EMEK
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    FoxyRedLaFoxyRedLa Lauren / MI Posts: 4,810
    scorpio2k said:

I agree with tino. Shit happens and they aren't being unreasonable.

We all care about other world problems - and I'm not going to start a riot with any personal comments lol.
    Oh please let it rain today.
    Those that can be trusted can change their mind.
  • Options
    DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,444
    Someone send Ames bros Brad Klausen's number.
    My Bogota was shipped with love lol