*** Santiago, Chile Fanviews Here 11/4/15 ***

13»

Comments

• HeWhoForgets78HeWhoForgets78 Posts: 654
    edited November 2015
    Well, i'm from Chile and I was lucky to attend the Chilean and the argentian shows, and the one from Chile was something like a greatest hits show for the not hard core fans, special for a really large crowd who want to hear the hits. The one in Argentina, was more like a show for the fans (talking about the setlist), were they took more chances with the songs they picked and well a longer set also. I'm happy to be lucky enough to see both shows, but i like to see the band take one or two risks in Chile
    Post edited by HeWhoForgets78 on
  • LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    First of all I was surprised about Ed´s mood, he was making jokes all the time, it shows he was really happy to be there. Too much young people, so both the entrance and the exit from the stadium was exhausting, people was running insanely.
    But I really felt dissapointed about the setlist. Though Light Years, Mother and Imagine were touching. The energy of the crow was amazing. I really hope the next time they play in Chile, the boys take more risks on the songs.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2015
    ^^^^

I understand your sentiment about the setlist. Especially when Argentina gets a setlist with many less-played songs. But this happens quite often in North America. Last year we saw the No Code show in Moline and it was awesome (although most of the crowd had no idea what was happening for a while) and then we went to St. Paul and it was more of a greatest hits show. I guess it's a little disconcerting for the fans who see the band often.

In Canada we love hockey. The greatest player ever, Wayne Gretzky, never forgot what his dad told him. Always play your best every game because you never know who in the crowd has paid to see you for the first time. I think PJ has to balance that aspect with their set lists. Many people may have not saw them live before and are there to hear the hits.

I loved the energy of the young fans. Brought me back 20-25 years when I would do anything to get to the rail. :lol:
    One thing I will say is the sound in the stadium in la Plata was far superior to the old stadium in Santiago. I know it is a far newer building in Argentina but the sound was noticeably better.

Still had a blast though! Chilean and Argentine fans are fantastic and it was an honour to be involved in all that excitement and emotion.
    I heard the previous concerts on Sirius radio and said to myself "I have to be a part of this".

The fans in Italy, Chile and Argentina (and Calgary of course!) are rabid. Both of these shows I was fortunate enough to see were emotional experiences for me. The band brings us together, even if we are worlds apart :smile:
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    edited November 2015
    LauraPJ said:

First of all I was surprised about Ed´s mood, he was making jokes all the time, it shows he was really happy to be there. Too much young people, so both the entrance and the exit from the stadium was exhausting, people was running insanely.
    But I really felt dissapointed about the setlist. Though Light Years, Mother and Imagine were touching. The energy of the crow was amazing. I really hope the next time they play in Chile, the boys take more risks on the songs.

Maybe, and just maybe, it also had to do with the fact that it was the first show of the tour. In 2005 the tour started in Santiago too. The first night was kind of standard and short. The second night we got "In My Tree", "Faithfull", "Green Disease" and "Immortality". I was so hoping for a second show but it was imposible since such a big venue was booked. The first show of the 2011 tour in Sao Paulo was also shorter than the rest (26 songs, BUT they got "Come Back").
    Post edited by fmillan on
  • LauraPJLauraPJ Mendoza, Argentina Posts: 1,777
    Indeed, being the first show of the tour has something to do, I think.
    And yes, the fact that always gonna be a lot of people (specially the youngest ones) seeing them for the first time is also a fact.
    Balancing things out, playing the classical big hits but giving some rarities for the solid fans base they have, would be awesome.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    Buenos Aires, 11/25/2005
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/13/2011
    Buenos Aires, 04/03/2013
    Santiago, 04/06/2013
    Santiago, 11/04/2015
    Buenos Aires, La Plata, 11/07/2015
  • JuannicenboimJuannicenboim Argentina Posts: 60
    the opening with pendulum, release and nothingman were moving. the whole stadium singing their lungs out and dancing from side to side, like balancing, very nice image. that was beautiful. then we got to hear light years, which is a favourite of mine and always wanted to hear. no one mentioned eds introduction, refering to the stadium being used as an illegal center of detention, torture and killing during Pinochets dictatorship in Chile. he didnt literally said this, but talked about the awful things that happened on this stadium. if theres an audio of this itd be great. so that song had an extra special meaning. it was magical. nice show
    Buenos Aires 11/25/05
    Buenos Aires 11/26/05
    Porto Alegre 11/28/05
    La Plata 11/13/11
    Buenos Aires 4/3/13
    Berlin 6/26/14
    Santiago 11/4/15
    La Plata 11/7/15
    Sao Paulo 11/14/15
    Chicago 08/20/16
    Chicago 08/22/16
  • radarradar Posts: 767
    edited December 2015
    Santiago CD already in the shop. No digital download? I wish I could use my digital coupon
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    Maybe the best version of Sirens I've heard. Real good improv at the end, very Michael Stipe/Into the Wild.
  • Brisk. said:

Maybe the best version of Sirens I've heard. Real good improv at the end, very Michael Stipe/Into the Wild.

I agree!!
  • chainchain Montreal Posts: 336
    When you listen to the Santiago show you know your in for one good ride!!!! The crowd is amazing!!!! The energy's at his highest!!!

I mean When you ear Pendulum's "hey hey hey" from the crowd.... wow!!! And it goes on an on all the way to the end.

Wish i was at this show... heard the 3 others boots following that show and Eddie's trying to get the crowd goin' like the Santiago show... not goin' to happen... You guys from Chili are just rockin' the "$$% out of PJ!!!!

Hope we can get this high in Montreal in May!!!
    Toronto 96-09-21 / Montreal 98-08-20
    Barrie 98-08-22 / Montreal 00-10-04 / Montreal 03-06-29
    Montreal 05-09-15 / Quebec 05-09-20 / Montreal 11-09-07
    Worcester 13-10-15 / Denver 14-10-22 / Quebec 16-05-05
    Ottawa 16-05-08 / Ottawa 20-03-20 / Quebec 20-03-22
  • halloweenhead95halloweenhead95 Croatia Posts: 240
    edited January 2016
    chain said:

I mean When you ear Pendulum's "hey hey hey" from the crowd.... wow!!!

Oh yes... that gets me every time!
    2014: Trieste, Italy 06-22
    2018: Padova, Italy 06-24
    2022: Imola, Italy 06-25
  • chain said:

When you listen to the Santiago show you know your in for one good ride!!!! The crowd is amazing!!!! The energy's at his highest!!!

I mean When you ear Pendulum's "hey hey hey" from the crowd.... wow!!! And it goes on an on all the way to the end.

Wish i was at this show... heard the 3 others boots following that show and Eddie's trying to get the crowd goin' like the Santiago show... not goin' to happen... You guys from Chili are just rockin' the "$$% out of PJ!!!!

Hope we can get this high in Montreal in May!!!

I was at both shows, the BA crowd was just as nuts as Santiago. I will say this, they were both better than any North American show I've ever seen :smile:
  • j1kotwicj1kotwic Posts: 168
    Great boot. Best version of sirens I've heard. Also, at the 3 second mark on lightning bolt there is some sort of scream that haunts my dreams. Probably the worst scream I've heard in my life. Just awful. I have to mute it at that part. Does anyone else hear that awful noise?
  • AAJCAAJC Calgary, AB, Canada Posts: 262
    Anyone have issues with "Release" not playing all the way through. I purchased the HD FLAC files and it plays up to the 3:14 mark then skips to "Nothingman". Does it both on my player on my computer and on my portable player (Pono).
  • toddlutttoddlutt Seattle Posts: 35
    Just listened to this bootleg again (it had been  a long time)... The band played their asses off that night (Mike and Stone were both on fire during each of their solos) and the crowd proved they are one of the best on the globe.