Options

Shawn Smith (Brad) Collaborating with Dave Abbruzzese

Comments

• Options
    I thought Dave was wanted by the police? Maybe I have the wrong drummer.
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,470

I thought Dave was wanted by the police? Maybe I have the wrong drummer.

You've got the right drummer. Maybe his legal woes are over for the moment.
  • Options
    my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    I like it a lot
  • Options
    loix71loix71 Posts: 283
    it sounds great
    08/06/2000 Paris
    09/09/2006 Marseille
    11/06/2006 Paris
    03/07/2010 Arras
    30/06/2012 Arras
    16/06/2014 Amsterdam
    26/06/2014 Berlin
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    What did the law want with Dave?
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,561
    From February

Former Pearl Jam drummer Dave Abbruzzese, who was behind the kit for band's 1993 album Vs. and 1994 LP Vitalogy, has two warrants out for his arrest in Denton, Texas: Possession of a controlled substance and failure to appear on a manufacture or delivery of substance charge. The news was first reported by fansite Pearl Jam Online, but a spokesperson for the Denton County Sheriff's Office confirmed the warrants to Rolling Stone.

While the possession charge is a simple Class A misdemeanor, Alternative Nation writes that the drummer could face some serious jail time on the second Manufacture Or Delivery of Substance charge. The latter is a first degree felony in the state of Texas and, if found guilty, punishable by a prison term ranging from five years to life. Denton Crime Stoppers are also offering a $1,000 reward for any information leading to the arrest of the 46-year-old musician.

This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    loix71 said:

it sounds great

It sure does!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,826
    glad the dude is getting some work. hope he can turn things around and take advantage of this opportunity.
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033
    EB218946 said:

glad the dude is getting some work. hope he can turn things around and take advantage of this opportunity.

.....to pay his lawyer.

London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,380
    hsohi said:

EB218946 said:

.....to pay his lawyer.

we all work to pay bills, regardless of what those bills are.

Dave is a helluva drummer & I hope that this collaboration works out well for the both of them.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    mfc2006 said:

hsohi said:

EB218946 said:

.....to pay his lawyer.

Dave is a helluva drummer & I hope that this collaboration works out well for the both of them.
    Well said. It's easy to judge when you have very, very little information about his life other than what you read on the internet.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    Maybe its just my ears, but sounds like a drum machine on this demo - maybe he hasn't gotten his hands on it yet.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    EnterThanmanEnterThanman London, ON Posts: 1,057

Maybe its just my ears, but sounds like a drum machine on this demo - maybe he hasn't gotten his hands on it yet.

I agree that sounds like a programmed drum track; maybe Dave's not playing drums in this band.
    The member formerly known as Scratched Vinyl
  • Options
    hsohihsohi Posts: 1,033

mfc2006 said:

hsohi said:

EB218946 said:

.....to pay his lawyer.

Well said. It's easy to judge when you have very, very little information about his life other than what you read on the internet.
    Plus he's not in PJ....
    London Ontario 2013, Buffalo New York 2013, Lincoln Nebraska 2014, Quebec City 2016
  • Options
    cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,640
    Any PJ fan crapping on Dave is too into Eddie worship or something. Other than Mike by far the most fan friendly PJ member ever. His drumming style and energy made early 90s PJ even more intense
  • Options
    Abe FromanAbe Froman Posts: 5,046

I was thinking the same thing.
    And after a couple listens this isn't doing much for me yet.
  • Options
    PJ88PJ88 Birthplace of the Toll House Cookie Posts: 1,074

Any PJ fan crapping on Dave is too into Eddie worship or something. Other than Mike by far the most fan friendly PJ member ever. His drumming style and energy made early 90s PJ even more intense

So correct! The guy is an amazing drummer and the fury he brought to the band has never been matched. Oh yeah, got to hang out with him after a few shows, absolutely the most fan friendly member of the band. Hands down. Great guy and funny to boot!