imagephoto hollypolicia_zpsjfnrhu8t.jpg" />

Mexico City 28/11/15   Chicago 20/08/16    Boston 04/09/2018
    Quebec City 05/05/16  Chicago 22/08/16
    Ottawa 08/05/16          Taormina 26/06/17
    Toronto 10/05/16         Taormina 27/06/17
    Toronto 11/05/16         Boston 02/09/2018

• Options
    foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    not saying the show wasn't amazing and that i'm sure many many people in the pit had a great time, but it only takes one tragedy and from the descriptions something bad could have happened
  • Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    edited December 2015
    No doubt some parts were a little dangerous. People at the GA-A line were choked by the rope they were herding us with. The look on one of the girl's faces as she struggled to remove the rope from her neck was scary.

In the pit itself, yes, it was a bit rough behind me (I was on the rail stone side). Some people had a rough time, and yes between 10-20 people around us were lifted over during the show, but luckily no one wasn't able to stand and walk away after being pulled over. Luckily I didn't see anything too bad, but I agree that it had the potential to be worse.
    Post edited by BizzzyBozzzy on
  • Options
    odiedragonodiedragon Arena, WI Posts: 206
    Yeah, from my POV it was pretty ugly. But I've never been in a situation like that before so I can't say if that's typical or worse than normal.
    "So now, I drink wine." - Milwaukee, WI 10/20/14
    "How fortunate were we that we were born in Chicago..." - Rosemont, IL 5/14/15
    "The irony is that maybe someday they'll find exactly that... maybe that's a good thing." - Rosemont, IL 5/15/15
    "[Unthought Known] wasn't the *worst* thing I'd ever done..." Central Park, NYC 9/26/15
    "Cómo se dice 'really high'?" - Mexico City, DF 11/28/15
  • Options
    ten474ten474 Los Angeles Posts: 142

No doubt some parts were a little dangerous. People at the GA-A line were choked by the rope they were herding us with. The look on one of the girl's faces as she struggled to remove the rope from her neck was scary.

In the pit itself, yes, it was a bit rough behind me (I was on the rail stone side). Some people had a rough time, and yes between 10-20 people around us were lifted over during the show, but luckily no one wasn't able to stand and walk away after behind pulled over. Luckily I didn't see anything too bad, but I agree that it had the potential to be worse.

Bizzzy, I think that may have been my fiancé with the rope around her neck. I think you were right next to us on stones side. Are you the tall bald guy?
    2000: Los Angeles, San Bernardino
    2003: Irvine, Las Vegas, Santa Barbara
    2006: Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2011: Mexico City
    2013: Wrigley Field, Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2014: Austin City Limits Weekend 1
    2015: Mexico City
    2016: Fenway N1 & N2
    2018: Seattle N1 & N2, Missoula, Boston N1 & N2
    2021: Ohana I, Ohana II
    2022: San Diego, LA N1 & N2, Oakland N1 & N2, Fresno
    2023: St. Paul N1 & N2

• Options
    BizzzyBozzzyBizzzyBozzzy San Diego Posts: 388
    ten474 said:

In the pit itself, yes, it was a bit rough behind me (I was on the rail stone side). Some people had a rough time, and yes between 10-20 people around us were lifted over during the show, but luckily no one wasn't able to stand and walk away after being pulled over. Luckily I didn't see anything too bad, but I agree that it had the potential to be worse.

Bizzzy, I think that may have been my fiancé with the rope around her neck. I think you were right next to us on stones side. Are you the tall bald guy?
    Ugh sorry to hear that, she looked in some discomfort to say the least. I'm the average height (5'9) bald guy :) I was wearing a grey Milwaukee t-shirt. I was next to someone in a green shirt on my left and a guy with a big sign on my right.
  • Options
    stevedsteved Posts: 651
    My experience in a GA stadium / field type environment with 25 years of shows whether it is in the states or abroad, is that if you can get on the rail it is generally safe. You can go also hang back towards the soundboard and the sound is actually better and the view is fine but less intimate, and that is safe as well, but if you are stuck sardined in between the two that is where it can become dangerous if the situation or crowd becomes hostile or to rowdy for you. It also may just take away from your ability to enjoy the show, and might be better to retreat a little to find a spot where you sacrifice the view to relax and enjoy the show. I am one of those lunatics who pitches a tent before midnight to get on the rail because I know my physical limitations and it does enhance my experience to enjoy the intimacy of having the view, but if I don't have the rail I would rather fade back a little then be in the pack of wolves. That's just me, everyone has a different feeling of what can be dangerous in each situation for them.
    1994 - Pensacola, Miami, Atlanta - 1995 - Milwaukee, Milwaukee, New Orleans (Tickets to Phoenix, Las Cruces, Austin, Shows Canceled) - 1996 - Randalls Island, Randalls Island, Charlotte, N.Charleston, Ft. Lauderdale - 1997 - Oakland -1998 - Alpine Valley, Alpine Valley, Chicago, West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach -  2000 - West Palm Beach, West Palm Beach, Phoenix, Las Vegas (10th Anniversary Show)  - 2003 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Atlanta, Nashville, Camden, Camden, MSG, MSG - 2004 - Kissimmee, Fl  -  2006 - Irving Plaza, Albany, Hartford, Denver, Denver, Las Vegas - 2007 - Ed w/ Jack Irons & Flea in LA  - 2008 - West Palm Beach, Tampa, Columbia, Camden, Camden, Washington D.C. - 2009 - L.A., San Diego, Philly Spectrum Night 3 & 4  - 2010 - New Orleans, Columbus, Indianapolis, Hartford, MSG, MSG - 2011 - Ed - Hartford, Providence, Boston - 2011 - Alpine Valley X2 (PJ20), Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver - 2012 - Ed - Ft. Lauderdale x2, - 2012 / 2014 Beautiful Daughter "Emily" born 11/07/12. On the bench for 3 years! She's really cute though! - 2015 - Mexico City - 2016 - Ft. Laud, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Greenville, Raleigh, Columbia, Philly 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2, Wrigley Night 1 & 2 - 2016 - MSG, San Francisco, San Francisco, Seattle, Seattle (TOTD) - 2018 - Seattle 1 & 2, Fenway 1 & 2

• Options
    no_whammysno_whammys amish country Posts: 7
  • Options
  • Options
    candaceandcocoacandaceandcocoa Portland, ME, USA Posts: 57
    ten474 said:

I agree man. It was NUTS. I've never seen so many people get pulled over the rail. It was a constant stream. At many points I felt like
    I was gonna be crushed to death. At one point it was so hard to breath I thought for sure eddie was gonna notice and do something. But the band played on.

Agreed! I was one back from rail close to Ed on Stone's side. I thought Ed was gona say something too. It was so hard to breathe and I'm only 5'2 so I was being swallowed by the crowd. My biggest fear throughout the show was that the rail wouldn't hold. That would've been catastrophic. But I made it through the entire show. I was EXHAUSTED afterwards.
  • Options
    Not as bad as most Deftones shows and other metal style gigs I go to.
    Bruises and near death experiences have become the norm at some of those shows.
    Probably not what most people that see pearl jam are used to.
  • Options
    But the tacos were great! And a lot of the cheap merchandise outside was excellent.
    Most people could barely afford the high ticket prices comparative to their wages, so it helps to have 40-400 peso gig merch.

How about that mug, pen, tequila shot glass combo they were selling??? Just about every PJ logo printed on those.
  • Options
    Holly9075Holly9075 Newfoundland, Canada Posts: 195
    hail_halo said:

But the tacos were great! And a lot of the cheap merchandise outside was excellent.
    Most people could barely afford the high ticket prices comparative to their wages, so it helps to have 40-400 peso gig merch.

How about that mug, pen, tequila shot glass combo they were selling??? Just about every PJ logo printed on those.

lol I left with two of those mugs. They look good but You definitely wouldn't want to put them in the dishwasher! The shot glasses were so bad I tossed them before I left mexico.The pens were good :)

• Options
    Holly9075 said:

hail_halo said:

lol I left with two of those mugs. They look good but You definitely wouldn't want to put them in the dishwasher! The shot glasses were so bad I tossed them before I left mexico.The pens were good :)
    How much were those combos? I kind of wish I had gotten one just to store pens and pencils on my desk. the sellers were really excited talking about ¨llevese un recuerdo de evento!!¨
    not sure they could actually say Pearl Jam, so they settled with ¨event¨
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,531
    N

ten474 said:

I agree man. It was NUTS. I've never seen so many people get pulled over the rail. It was a constant stream. At many points I felt like
    I was gonna be crushed to death. At one point it was so hard to breath I thought for sure eddie was gonna notice and do something. But the band played on.

Agreed! I was one back from rail close to Ed on Stone's side. I thought Ed was gona say something too. It was so hard to breathe and I'm only 5'2 so I was being swallowed by the crowd. My biggest fear throughout the show was that the rail wouldn't hold. That would've been catastrophic. But I made it through the entire show. I was EXHAUSTED afterwards.
    Would you do it again? I would do it for about the first set then hang back. I wouldn't want to spend the whole concert crushed between a bunch of sweaty people.
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    edited December 2015
    My first time seeing PJ in anywhere else besides the US and I wouldn't do it again. I lined up at 7am and got the rail going down center of stage. I'll never forget lining up with the rope and getting squished and mad dogged by fans as we speed walked to them main gate. The rope guys tried but we couldn't resist once we saw the main gates amd rushed in I mean rushed. I remember the metal gate closing shut and my arm almost getting taken off. I sprinted as fast as I could to see the front of stage get taken so I went for the rail mikes side going down center. I had no idea it was going to be set up with the center like that. The 3-4 hour wait was actually not bad. Made some friends a dude next to me bought me a beer and we chatted it up.
    Once the show started I was in shock. The fans were so freaky pumped like I couldn't believe. Once Pj speeded it up the crowd went from pumped to complete craziness! The whole pit was jumping and shifting I was getting my ribs squished against the rail and was like this freakn sux!! People in droves were getting tossed over the rail cause the couldn't hang or they were hurt. Men and women hurt tired crying u name it. My ribs are black and blue still but I made it. Got to see Eddie up close sing Faithfull to a gal which was awesome. It was at times very difficult to enjoy and focus on the music but I rested in between the songs I liked ok but once the songs I loved were played I went crazy and the crowd was right there with me. I could honestly say that the crowds in US in 1998 when I first saw PJ were pumped like this. It brought me back to 98.

Pit we need a shirt. "I survived the GA pit Mexico City 2015!"

Post edited by adamg5 on
  • Options
    adamg5adamg5 Posts: 774
    Oh and Holly thx for the ticket and awesome lunch. Holly sold me her GA ticket. At the preparty she was given a PJ shirt so she paid it forward and bought me an awesome lunch while I stayed in the GA line. I paid it forward and paid for an uber ride for 5 awesome PJ fans back to the hotel :)
  • Options
    caifan82caifan82 Mexico City Posts: 321
    You can't say I didn't warn you guys... GA in Mexico is just for the hardcore. If you want to see your favourite band upclose, then be ready to deal with hundreds of sweaty fans trying to do the same. Personal space doesn't exit in mexican concerts (or in the subway). If you can't handle that, your're better off in the numbered seats section.
    I've being going to concerts here for 20 years, and I know that. In GA, I've just abandoned all hope of being up front. i have no problems with people touching me or being occasionally pushed in a rock concert. Hell, I love moshpits. But upfront is just too much suffering for me. I've found the best place to be in GA, at least for me, is a few "rows" in front the sound console. It's crowded, you will still be touched and bumped from time to time, but you never get crushed. There's even enough room to get a moshpit going!
    Mexico City - July 17th 2003
    Mexico City - July 18th 2003
    Mexico City - July 19th 2003
    Monterrey - December 7th 2005
    Mexico City - December 9th 2005
    Mexico City - December 10th 2005
    Mexico City - November 24th 2011
  • Options
    RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,624
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Options
    ^ haha, they used a piece of my video in that!!!
  • Options
    ten474ten474 Los Angeles Posts: 142

That's cool. How did they get your piece of video?
    2000: Los Angeles, San Bernardino
    2003: Irvine, Las Vegas, Santa Barbara
    2006: Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2011: Mexico City
    2013: Wrigley Field, Los Angeles N1 & N2
    2014: Austin City Limits Weekend 1
    2015: Mexico City
    2016: Fenway N1 & N2
    2018: Seattle N1 & N2, Missoula, Boston N1 & N2
    2021: Ohana I, Ohana II
    2022: San Diego, LA N1 & N2, Oakland N1 & N2, Fresno
    2023: St. Paul N1 & N2

• Options
    edited December 2015
    hail_halo said:

Holly9075 said:

hail_halo said:

How much were those combos? I kind of wish I had gotten one just to store pens and pencils on my desk. the sellers were really excited talking about ¨llevese un recuerdo de evento!!¨
    not sure they could actually say Pearl Jam, so they settled with ¨event¨
    lol I think your right I think I paid ah 80 or 100mx for 2 combos? I was trying to ignore all the temping merch haha what i really needed was a shopping cart :bee:

Post edited by Holly9075 on

• Options
    adamg5 said:

Oh and Holly thx for the ticket and awesome lunch. Holly sold me her GA ticket. At the preparty she was given a PJ shirt so she paid it forward and bought me an awesome lunch while I stayed in the GA line. I paid it forward and paid for an uber ride for 5 awesome PJ fans back to the hotel :)

Adam thats awesome :) ! Lol no problem.What a great weekend.

• Options
    estarr31estarr31 Posts: 569
    Any idea when this tour's bootlegs will be put up? Looking forward to these and would be great if they get them up before the holidays. Always make for great travel companions.
    Mansfield 6/30/08 -  Wrigley Field 7/14/13 -  Worcester I 10/15/13 -  Global Citizen 9/26/15 -  MSG II 5/2/16 -  Fenway I 8/5/16 -  Fenway II 8/7/16 -  Fenway II 9/4/18 - LA I 5/6/22 - LA II 5/7/22 - MSG 9/11/22 - Nashville 9/16/22 - St. Paul I and II 8/31/23-9/2/23
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    edited December 2015
    My wife and I got to the stadium about 6:30 and meet our friends right in front of the sound board. Perfect spot for the show. It was crowded but still a little elbow room. The group there was just awesome. This was our 12th show and one of the best we've ever been to. I will not miss a show in Mexico City ever again, the crowd energy was unlike anything we have ever experienced. Italy comes close but there was something special at MC.

Lots of great moments but Garden and Comfortably Numb were just perfect. Everyone jumping to Alive and Rocking in the Free World and then the circle that just kept getting bigger and bigger during Yellow Ledbetter was awesome. The high from this show went on for days.

I also tried to Periscope but had difficulty with a strong enough signal. I was able to get a few songs through but then it died and I could not get a strong enough signal again.
    Post edited by wall232 on
    NYPJ
  • Options
    ten474 said:

That's cool. How did they get your piece of video?
    i'm not sure tbh - i uploaded it to youtube & posted it earlier in this thread so there's that.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    If you think Latin American concerts are rough, imagine living here...

Que bueno ver un fan de Caifanes acá...
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options

If you think Latin American concerts are rough, imagine living here...

HAHAHAHA, couldn't have said it any better!

Que bueno ver un fan de Caifanes acá...

Mi primer enamoramiento con la música, mucho antes que Pearl Jam ;)
    Un abrazo!
  • Options
    maggiemaymaybemaggiemaymaybe Toronto, Ontario Posts: 11
    I was in GA-A pretty close to the stage and at times things got extremely close. I must say, what a nice-smelling bunch of fans in MC, even when things got sweaty.
    :)
  • Options
    Well I did get me some tacos from across the street before the show, for the smell, you know... ;)