Quick help: Ten Super Deluxe Collector's Edition

Hi guys
I'm sorry if this sounds too much like a rhetorical question, but is the Ten super deluxe box worth the investiment?
A friend of mine is selling a used copy for a quite fair price and I'm considering buying it, since I don't have it. What are your opinions
on sound quality (especially on the vinyl albums)? Is it better or worse when compared to the original editions of the CDs and LPs?
Thanks a lot!

Comments

• pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    The box is an excellent item as a collectors piece. If you only want the deluxe vinyls, you could just buy those separately for a fairly low price?
  • pdalowsky said:

The box is an excellent item as a collectors piece. If you only want the deluxe vinyls, you could just buy those separately for a fairly low price?

Yeah, that makes sense.. although I am very interested in the Drop in the Park album haha
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    If it's the one on FB, then that's a good deal. DITP goes for $50 alone. I'd say go for it. :plus_one:
  • Hobbes said:

If it's the one on FB, then that's a good deal. DITP goes for $50 alone. I'd say go for it. :plus_one:

No, not the FB one. I didn't even know about. It's from a friend of mine. But thanks, I might actually end up buying it :)
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    don't pay more than $100 for it, IMO.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• don't pay more than $100 for it, IMO.

Thanks!
  • turner78turner78 Atlanta, GA Posts: 144
    The LPs are digitally sourced, original album and CD sound much better. However, its got some cool stuff in it, the Drop in the Park vinyl and the Unplugged DVD. AS pdalowsky stated, its worth it as a collector's pieces, especially at a good price.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Worth it.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    They just had them in the shop like 3-4 weeks ago for $149 I think. Sold out but was there several weeks. I would agree that you can probably get this for close to $100. Just be patient...
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    I bought a sealed one on eBay a while back for around $94 shipped. Be patient, good deals are out there.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    edited November 2015
    It also comes with unplugged on DVD which is pretty sweet. My take on the reissues is that the original vinyl's sound better. That being said 10 is the only of the reissues I spin. 10 had that unique mix done to it, then they tried to remix it with out that effect. Sometimes its worth a listen.
    Post edited by Zod on
  • Zod said:

It also comes with unplugged on DVD which is pretty suite. My take on the reissues is that the original vinyl's sound better. That being said 10 is the only of the reissues I spin. 10 had that unique mix done to it, then they tried to remix it with out that effect. Sometimes its worth a listen.

Yeah, I heard that version online and thought was pretty interesting... Well, I guess I will try to look for a better priced new set, maybe... Thanks for all the feedback, guys! :)