The Official UFC/MMA Thread

this thread is all about mixed martial arts. doesn't have to be all UFC, but they are currently the dominant promotion.
Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Jon Bones Jones has been stripped of his UFC Light Heavyweight Title and suspended indefinitely for his role in a hit and run. Daniel Cormier is now facing Anthony Rumble Johnson for the vacant title at UFC 187 on May Long/Memorial Day Weekend. Crazy stuff.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/4/28/8512265/ufc-strips-title-champion-jon-jones-suspended-indefinitely-anthony-johnson-daniel-cormier
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957

Jon Bones Jones has been stripped of his UFC Light Heavyweight Title and suspended indefinitely for his role in a hit and run. Daniel Cormier is now facing Anthony Rumble Johnson for the vacant title at UFC 187 on May Long/Memorial Day Weekend. Crazy stuff.

http://www.mmamania.com/2015/4/28/8512265/ufc-strips-title-champion-jon-jones-suspended-indefinitely-anthony-johnson-daniel-cormier

What a dope.
    Ronda Rousey title defense this weekend.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,719

Ronda Rousey title defense this weekend.

I'm missing it so watch her get upset
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
    called it lol
    severed hand thirteen

Crazy!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Rousey got absolutely dominated. Crazy.
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Ronda kept chasing her. Ronda even said it herself that's what Holly wanted. She went against her own gameplan
    I miss igotid88
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    women should be secretaries.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Big one tonight. I love McGregor. This guy acts like he's in WWE...he's great.
    so McGregor is moving up to fight Dos Anjos for his belt without even defending his own. Then his manager says "after that warm up fight, he's gunning for Lawler's welterweight title". gimme a break. he's already looking past the guy who dominated Anthony Pettis for 5 rounds? And thinking he can beat Lawler? I love his moxy, but this is getting stupid.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Velasquez is out of the HW Belt. Stipe is in. Dana is probably super pissed at Cain's training team, who are injury-plagued when training.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    McGregor and Holm lost? image
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
    yep.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

McGregor moved up two weight classes and was too confident. Holm got caught when she would have won a decision. Jon Jones better come back strong and follow the law because Dana is running out of superstars.

severed hand thirteen

McGregor moved up two weight classes and was too confident. Holm got caught when she would have won a decision. Jon Jones better come back strong and follow the law because Dana is running out of superstars.

to be fair, mcgregor is naturally a lightweight. he starves himself to the point of emaciation to cut weight to featherweight. but he should have predicted he'd be much slower and tire much quicker with an extra 20 pounds on. and that reach that diaz has is tough to beat at that weight. going for that takedown was pure desperation on conor's part (which he eve admitted) and he got caught. the guy was incredibly gracious and humble in defeat. a true classy competitor. he talks a lot of trash leading up to it, but even when he wins, he gives props to his opponent. his trash talk makes more money for everyone.

holm got lucky with ronda. if you look at all her past fights, they are lackluster decision wins. it wasn't a big surprise that tate won. can't wait for rousey to come back and smash tate. I can't stand how she has lost to rousey twice and still talks trash about her. just admit it, she's better than you are.

i predict jones will smash cormier. at least I hope he will.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

to be fair, mcgregor is naturally a lightweight. he starves himself to the point of emaciation to cut weight to featherweight. but he should have predicted he'd be much slower and tire much quicker with an extra 20 pounds on. and that reach that diaz has is tough to beat at that weight. going for that takedown was pure desperation on conor's part (which he eve admitted) and he got caught. the guy was incredibly gracious and humble in defeat. a true classy competitor. he talks a lot of trash leading up to it, but even when he wins, he gives props to his opponent. his trash talk makes more money for everyone.

holm got lucky with ronda. if you look at all her past fights, they are lackluster decision wins. it wasn't a big surprise that tate won. can't wait for rousey to come back and smash tate. I can't stand how she has lost to rousey twice and still talks trash about her. just admit it, she's better than you are.

Agree with all of that.

But I lost a lot of respect for rousey because yesterday she posted something talking trash about Holm. I thought that was unnecessary and disrespectful.
    severed hand thirteen

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    Cody "No Love" Garbrandt graduated from my high school (approx 200 student graduating classes) a few years after I did. I didn't wrestle him but I was in the weight room with him a few times.
    His neck tattoo is horrible, but he is out there throwing leather like a boss!
    He could be a champion done day. I am really looking forward to his fight with Lineker, if he knocks Lineker out he is the real deal without question.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?

Agree with all of that.

But I lost a lot of respect for rousey because yesterday she posted something talking trash about Holm. I thought that was unnecessary and disrespectful.
    I can't find anything she said about Holm. link? I gotta admit, I didn't like how, when asked about the loss, she not once (to my knowledge) praised Holm. All she talked about was her mistakes. Kind of bugged me that she couldn't give Holm some praise for defeating her.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Wobbie said:

women should be secretaries.

Do you find that kind of work to be rewarding, Sheila?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Agree with all of that.

I can't find anything she said about Holm. link? I gotta admit, I didn't like how, when asked about the loss, she not once (to my knowledge) praised Holm. All she talked about was her mistakes. Kind of bugged me that she couldn't give Holm some praise for defeating her.
    When she hosted SNL she did
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:

Agree with all of that.

I'll have to check that out (no cable). I heard that she mentioned the fight, but didn't mention Holly per say.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

igotid88 said:

Agree with all of that.

I'll have to check that out (no cable). I heard that she mentioned the fight, but didn't mention Holly per say.
    She did from what I remember.
    I miss igotid88

Agree with all of that.

It must have been taken down because I can't find it either.

From what I remember, it said something similar to: people think Holm is a better fighter than Rousey, but Rousey defended her title six times and Holm didnt defend it once.

So basically she's talking trash to a person who demolished her but still has not proven she can beat Holm herself.
    severed hand thirteen

Agree with all of that.

From what I remember, it said something similar to: people think Holm is a better fighter than Rousey, but Rousey defended her title six times and Holm didnt defend it once.

So basically she's talking trash to a person who demolished her but still has not proven she can beat Holm herself.
    I can see what she means, though, to a point. it would be humble of her to just let sleeping dogs lie and give Holm her due, but at the same time, people are saying she's better than Ronda, which is debatable. that can't be determined until a) she's given Ronda a rematch, and/or b) she goes unbeaten and as dominant as Ronda was for so long. Which we now know won't happen. She lost to the person that Ronda demolished twice.

I think it's safe to say that Holm caught Rousey at a low point. That was her third title defense in a year. that's unheard of in MMA. not to mention all the outside commitments she had. again, no excuses, she should have concentrated on MMA alone. And maybe told Dana no at least once. But she didn't. she wanted to step up every time, and it cost her. But no matter who is the champ, I'd like to see a rematch of Holm and Rousey, which can happen.

a) if Tate's first defense is against Ronda, no matter who wins, should give the next shot to Holm
    b) if Tate's first defense is against Holm, no matter who wins, should give the next shot to Ronda.

This is all assuming Ronda actually wants the belt back instead of just skipping MMA altogether and staying in Hollywood. If Ronda loses again to whomever, my thought is she'll retire.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Agree with all of that.

I can see what she means, though, to a point. it would be humble of her to just let sleeping dogs lie and give Holm her due, but at the same time, people are saying she's better than Ronda, which is debatable. that can't be determined until a) she's given Ronda a rematch, and/or b) she goes unbeaten and as dominant as Ronda was for so long. Which we now know won't happen. She lost to the person that Ronda demolished twice.

I think it's safe to say that Holm caught Rousey at a low point. That was her third title defense in a year. that's unheard of in MMA. not to mention all the outside commitments she had. again, no excuses, she should have concentrated on MMA alone. And maybe told Dana no at least once. But she didn't. she wanted to step up every time, and it cost her. But no matter who is the champ, I'd like to see a rematch of Holm and Rousey, which can happen.

a) if Tate's first defense is against Ronda, no matter who wins, should give the next shot to Holm
    b) if Tate's first defense is against Holm, no matter who wins, should give the next shot to Ronda.

This is all assuming Ronda actually wants the belt back instead of just skipping MMA altogether and staying in Hollywood. If Ronda loses again to whomever, my thought is she'll retire.
    I would love to see Tate fight Zingano, Holm and Rousey rematch, and the two winners face.

Imagine the belt changing hands on three consecutive fights with no repeat winners. Too bad their are no battle royals in MMA haha.
    severed hand thirteen

Agree with all of that.

I would love to see Tate fight Zingano, Holm and Rousey rematch, and the two winners face.

Imagine the belt changing hands on three consecutive fights with no repeat winners. Too bad their are no battle royals in MMA haha.
    I keep saying to my buddy who is still a WWE fan that they should have triple threat MMA fights. that would be awesome.

yeah, zingano was the last one to beat Tate I believe, so that fight also makes sense.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Agree with all of that.

Rousey beat Tate twice
    I miss igotid88