*** Santiago, Chile Fanviews Here 11/4/15 ***

Comments

• LyndsayLyndsay NEW BRUNSWICK Posts: 73
    Well, my husband and I wanted to go to SA so badly for this tour, but we couldn't leave our son for this long, and we were holding off on a Canadian tour...
    when we were travelling to Denver and Mountain View last year on our honey moon (we got engaged @ PJ in Philly), we wrote into the 10C requesting to hear Just Breathe as it was our wedding song, and we have never heard it live. We also learned after we each wrote letters in, that our friend had also wrote in saying the same thing for us. PJ played Just Breathe at Bridge School, but no dedication (fair, its Bridge School...) Hmmm, were you dedicating Just Breathe to us in Chile??? If so, thats pretty rad.
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nycrats said:

fmillan said:

I know i am alone here, but it was a very dissapointing show. Not only it was less than 30 songs, but most of them were played on their last visit to Santiago. I was hoping to hear something different this time.

What a sad post to this thread.
    Eddie has said that creating setlist for such big crouds, like the ones un SA represents a challenge.
    I guess if what you want are more 'rarities' you should go see them somewhere else.
    Having said that though, I think Light Years, Severed Hand, Imagine, Nothingman and the ones of LB, where great additions, I enjoyed them along with the rest, how can you not? It's Pearl Jam!!, in South América!!
    its his/her opinion and they were at the show so they have the right to post. i dont think its fair to bash someone for their opinion because theyre not sprouting rainbows out of unicorns bholes.
    I understand both sides of this argument. However, when you go to a show "song hunting" it's bound to ruin your experience.
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    at least they played one Binaural song...nothing from Riot Act
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Set did have 30 songs on it. The two that got scratched aren't that bad. Tough to play 30+ when u go on after 9 as someone else mentioned.
  • pdalowsky said:

their version of Mother is impossibly good. My favourite cover of theirs. Lucky Santiago.

I feel the same.

They piled on playing this in Vancouver. It was akin to showing off. The band oozes talent.

"My brain's a good brain!"
  • TheliTheli Posts: 67
    It was a great night. The band was really on fire..they enjoyed it a lot, all of them were smiling the entire concert. Ed showed more energy than in 2011 and 2013, and a better voice as well (at least in Nothingman).

I've been to all concerts in Chile, and besides Lightning Bolt songs and covers, we got just 2 new songs (Light Years and In Hiding, both are my favourite songs from their respective album, so imagine my happiness).

Mother and Imagine were great, they sounded really really great.

The crowd enjoyed it a lot there was a lot of jumping a sing along, I can't speak right now since my throat is completely destroyed.

BTW: some mistakes in the OP.
    Light Years: Wuilman and Arlette passed away in april, they didn't have tickets for the show, but Wuilman was one of the biggest fans I've met here, a really warm and kind guy. He was very know in the Chilean community since he was a huge collector. He sold his entire collection to build his house for his wife and little daughter His daughter was also in the car accident, she was less than 1 month old, she survived.

Imagine: that was the song with the lights on, ed asked everyone with a lighter or cellphone to turn the lights on for that song.
    22/11/2005 - Santiago, Chile
    23/11/2005 - Santiago, Chile
    18/06/2007 - London, England
    21/06/2007 - Dusseldorf, Germany
    16/11/2011 - Santiago, Chile 
    06/04/2013 - Santiago, Chile
    04/11/2015 - Santiago, Chile
    07/11/2015 - Buenos Aires, Argentina
    13/03/2018 - Santiago, Chile
    16/03/2018 - Santiago Chile
    29/03/2018 Sao Paulo - Eddie Vedder
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    nycrats said:

fmillan said:

I know i am alone here, but it was a very dissapointing show. Not only it was less than 30 songs, but most of them were played on their last visit to Santiago. I was hoping to hear something different this time.

What a sad post to this thread.
    Eddie has said that creating setlist for such big crouds, like the ones un SA represents a challenge.
    I guess if what you want are more 'rarities' you should go see them somewhere else.
    Having said that though, I think Light Years, Severed Hand, Imagine, Nothingman and the ones of LB, where great additions, I enjoyed them along with the rest, how can you not? It's Pearl Jam!!, in South América!!
    its his/her opinion and they were at the show so they have the right to post. i dont think its fair to bash someone for their opinion because theyre not sprouting rainbows out of unicorns bholes.
    I totally agree. If I'd seen all the 34/5/6/7 song shows talked about on forums etc I'd have been disappointed not to get more. And the OP didn't say the show was disappointing, just the length and its similarity to other shows he's been at. He's allowed :-)

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • IamTomIamTom Posts: 1,138
    pdalowsky said:

their version of Mother is impossibly good. My favourite cover of theirs. Lucky Santiago.

Gotta love a bit of CM too, Señor Merchio ;-)

Given To Live -

Latest story - Declan at Slipknot is up on the website now at www.giventolive.com along with Kayleigh at Foo Fighters, Tony at Stereophonics and more.

Inspired by Pearl Jam, making live music dreams come true.
  • The show was fantastic!
    I read today that not even in the final match when Chile won the Copa America this year had the stadium been so packed. I had never been there, but thought it looked just beautifull.
    The boys sounded great and were full of energy.
    I totally lost it during In Hiding, lol. It was the perfect start for the tour!

• Sea said:

He also mentions a radio station and gives the call sign in his best DJ voice

Also, I was listening to this radio station this morning and they were happy as hell!
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Damn ok so the one guy didn't feel the set list god forbid someone doesn't like an Ed set list by looking at the set list yes it looks ordinary ....
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Damn ok so the one guy didn't feel the set list god forbid someone doesn't like an Ed set list by looking at the set list yes it looks ordinary ....

I'm by no means an expert on what a "standard" setlist looks like, but when I saw it, that's the first thing that popped in my head too. I can understand the person's disappointment with not hearing something different. it doesn't mean they were song hunting, it just means they came away from it not feeling as if it were a special experience, even though it was still a great show. that happens, and it's one of the perils of being a fan of a band that sets the bar so high they can't always reach it themselves.

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• wow, what a good start into the tour!!!
    ...speaking from far, away a long distance, from another continent!

I like the setlist alot, actually so many of my faves got played, so I dream along now and wish I could have been there... sounds just too great!!!

So, I do look forward to this bootleg already :)
    - it was and will be for sure another great listening pleasure, especially with sooo many faves - and I whisper a great thanks again to the best band ever :blush:
    ...it's so great when they are on tour!

and: also a big thanks goes out to Sea, for the great setlist description!
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 988
    Jealous as hell but happy for everyone there...
    rustedsigns
  • Light years and DTE mosh paid my trip
    Santiago I 2005
    Santiago II 2005
    West Palm Beach 2008
    Alpine Valley PJ20 I 2011
    Alpine Valley PJ 20 II 2011
    Santiago 2011
    Lima 2011
    Buenos Aires 2013
    Brooklyn I 2013
    Brooklyn II 2013
    Santiago 2015
    Bogota 2015
    Ft Lauderdale 2016
    Miami 2016
    Rio de Janeiro 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • foodboyfoodboy Posts: 988
    who wouldn't want different songs when they they don't get to her neighborhood too often. for me i would rather see the same than nothing. i used to feel that way but just enjoy the moments no matter what as one day it won't be except for great memories and bootlegs.
  • FeiracoFeiraco Amsterdam Posts: 255
    edited November 2015
    The pics of the crowd look amazing! For those with Facebook, they are at: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153692464957427.1073741842.11251402426&type=3. Incredible to see 60,000 people packed together and enjoying the band. How many were there in Milano's San Siro? in 2014?
    Rotterdam 2000 (CANCELLED) | Arnhem 2006 | Rotterdam 2009 | Berlin 2009 | Arras 2010 | Amsterdam-1 2012 | Amsterdam-2 2012 | EV Amsterdam-1 2012 | EV Amsterdam-2 2012 | Amsterdam-1 2014 | Amsterdam-2 2014 | EV Amsterdam-2 2017 | EV Amsterdam-3 2017
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    edited November 2015
    amazing vids online with great quality, looks like a broadcast. Maybe the whole concert will be released one day, idk though.

bootleg links removed by Admin
    Post edited by Sea on
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • callencallen Posts: 6,388
    Oh how I'd love to see PJ play Pendulum live right now.

Craving me some live PJ right now.
    10-18-2000 Houston, 04-06-2003 Houston, 6-25-2003 Toronto, 10-8-2004 Kissimmee, 9-4-2005 Calgary, 12-3-05 Sao Paulo, 7-2-2006 Denver, 7-22-06 Gorge, 7-23-2006 Gorge, 9-13-2006 Bern, 6-22-2008 DC, 6-24-2008 MSG, 6-25-2008 MSG
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    edited November 2015
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    Posts have been deleted. Please respect copyright and do not link to bootleggers.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines and TOS
    Thank you,
    Admin
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

http://pearljam.com/helpfaq?faq=1063

• SarahSarah Toronto Posts: 736
    "In Hiding" into "Rearviewmirror"?! Two of my all-time, most meaningful favourites back-to-back?! *Jealous!*
    "Somewhere in between / There and here / I got lost / I got scared..."
  • ehbaconehbacon Posts: 1,964
    Sea said:

Posts have been deleted. Please respect copyright and do not link to bootleggers.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines and TOS
    Thank you,
    Admin
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/228366/forum-posting-guidelines

http://pearljam.com/helpfaq?faq=1063

sorry thought it was okay because of the open recording policy at shows. I would never link to such a video of an EV solo concert.
    Listen to some of my music here (if you want to): [url="My soundcloud"]
  • aus_suzaus_suz Posts: 9,364
    Can anyone confirm if they sound checked Rain?
  • CharliePCharlieP Copenhagen, Denmark Posts: 1,035
    aus_suz said:

Can anyone confirm if they sound checked Rain?

They did!

Roskilde 2000, Berlin 2006, Athens 2006, Dusseldorf 2007, Copenhagen 2007, New York NY 1 + 2 2008, Berlin 2009, London 2009, London 2010, Berlin 2010, Manchester 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, Stockholm 2012, Oslo 2012, Copenhagen 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 (EV solo) 2012, Amsterdam 1 + 2 2014, Stockholm 2014, Oslo 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Heartland Festival DK (EV solo) 2017, Berlin 2018, Barcelona 2018, Copenhagen 2022, Prague 2022 (Cancelled)

• toddlutttoddlutt Seattle Posts: 35
    Pandemonium during DTE, unforgettable night. Thank you Chile!
  • Jeeva1Jeeva1 Posts: 23
    edited November 2015
    OMG.. I flew from Chicago to Chile to see this show.. Super super amazing! For one thing the very young crowd and enthusiasm was similar to the 1990s. Everyone was really really into it!
    Unfortunately I was close to the stage (after waiting like 4 hours standing there), once PJ started playing it was so intense me and my gf had to pull back. it was crazy!
    You could tell the look on the bands face throughout the show it felt really good to play in front of this crowd. I was very happy to be a part of it. Amazing night!!!
    Post edited by Jeeva1 on
  • SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • It's not mentioned on the original post, but Ed did a brief tag of U2's 40 on the end of Black. "How long to sing this song" I wasn't at the show but I heard it live during the show.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PF5M52BMx7A 6:47 mark :)
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz