*** Santiago, Chile Fanviews Here 11/4/15 ***

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited April 2016 in Given To Fly (live)
Pearl Jam: Estadio Nacional, Santiago, Chile. November 04 2015
Set List

Walk On Music: 9:08 Phillip Glass-Metamorphosis 2
On Stage: 09:09
Off Stage:11:50

01. Pendulum
02. Release
03. Nothingman
04. Go
05. Mind Your Manners
06. Corduroy

(Ed asks Pete, head of security, if everyone is okay. Pete replies in the affirmative.)

07. Lightning Bolt

(Ed addresses the crowd in Spanish. He mentions that this is the fifth time they have been to Santiago. He complements the singing crowds that have been outside the hotel. He also mentions a radio station and gives the call sign in his best DJ voice)

08. Even Flow

(Crowd does the Olé Pearl Jam chant while Ed apologizes for not paying more attention in his high school Spanish class)

09. Sirens-(sing along outro)

(Ed apologizes again for not paying attention in school during Spanish because he never thought he would ever get to travel. Instead he practiced guitar, “which is a lie because I am a shit guitar player. I smoked a lot of pot….and practiced guitar which is why I am a shit guitar player. Mike McCready he doesn’t speak Spanish but he can really play guitar.” Mike indicates something little with his thumb and forefinger. Ed says, “I don’t want to know about the size of your penis. Oh, you speak a little Spanish?” Mike says “Un poquito, It refers to both things.”
Ed then gets more serious and notes that many of the people in Chile have had a very difficult year. He goes on to mention Wuilman and Arlette who had tickets to the show but passed away and dedicates “Light Years” to them and any other people that need it.)
http://tinyurl.com/pqg3fem

10.Light Years
11. Severed Hand
12. Daughter (during tag section Ed sings “she said no”)
13. Given To Fly (This one’s for ?Layo or Leo?)
14. Got Some
15. In Hiding
16. Rearviewmirror

Encore Break 1
(Ed addresses the crowd in Spanish. I think he says something about being invited to play here and thanks the audience for singing from the heart. He says the next song is for a couple that met at a Pearl Jam show and that they are now married and that they have a child. This was their wedding song)

17. Just Breathe
18. Mother-(Waters)

(Ed addresses the audience in Spanish talking about the next song)

19. Imagine-(Lennon)
20. Black (During this song the stadium is filled with lights from the audience’s cell phones)
21. Why Go
22. Do The Evolution
23. Porch

Encore Break 2

24. State Of Love And Trust
25. Better Man

(Ed address the audience again. He toasts them and mentions the wine.)

26. Alive
27. Rockin’ In The Free World-(Young)
28. Yellow Ledbetter

Please share your experiences of the show here...the Fanview threads are preserved on the board.

Please keep the Fanview threads for Fanviews. It's ok to begin another thread on discussions of other topics and/or debates.

Thank you!

Thanks John for the set list & notes.
Post edited by Kat on

Comments

• fmillanfmillan Chile Posts: 61
    edited November 2015
    I know i am alone here, but it was a very dissapointing show. Not only it was less than 30 songs, but most of them were played on their last visit to Santiago. I was hoping to hear something different this time.
    Post edited by fmillan on
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    fmillan said:

I know i am alone here, but it was a very dissapointing show. Not only it was less than 30 songs, but most of them were played on their last visit to Santiago. I was hoping to hear something different this time.

You can't be serious.
    www.cluthelee.com

fmillan said:

You can't be serious.
    Why, because i expected over 30 songs and not to hear the same ones again? I said i am alone here
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    edited November 2015

I thought pj sounded amazing tonight ! What a great way to kick off the tour. Ed was in a fantastic mood and as usual mike killed it.
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • pljampljam Posts: 387
    Jealous as fck all the way from Aust,hope it was a great show I REFERE TO ALL THOSE LCKY ONES
    Was it a long version of BLACK and did the crowd do it well ?
  • Wow!!
    Just got back to my hotel, the band sounded amazing!! And they seemed to be enjoying themselves, lots of laughs between them.
    I think it was sold out.
    I had a great time, next stop, Buenos Aires, can't wait!!!
  • 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited November 2015
    Great crowd, great show. The boys killed it and we're smiling most of the night. They were feeding off the energy.
    Those Chileans can sing... Really cool.

Best crowd reactio/energy to DTE I have ever been a part of.
    Other Highlites:
    1) Severed Hand (great tune)
    2) In Hiding (one of my favourites)
    3) RVM - (the jam to end the first set in RVM is awesome.)
    4) Light Years (kid we met from South Chile in line who called in sick to go to the show wanted it)
    5) Mother (it was awesome and made my wife's night)
    6) Alive (crowd was really great again and the tune is just as powerful now)

And to top it off, a bunch of Chileans exiting he Stadium through the Escape tunnel started an impromptu rendition of the Wall by Pink Floyd. Made us smile.

Thanks to everyone from Santiago and Chile for a great few days and making another memorable PJ concert for us. I cannot understand anyone being disappointed with that show, but to each their own. You buy a ticket, you have a right to bitch. Keep on Rockin in the Free World! (Highlite #7, hearing PJ cover a Canadian's song in Chile :smiley: )
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • That crowd looked massive. Anyone know the attendance?
  • giventofly69giventofly69 Vancouver Posts: 849

Great crowd, great show. The boys killed it and we're smiling most of the night. They were feeding off the energy.
    Those Chileans can sing... Really cool.

Best crowd reactio/energy to DTE I have ever been a part of.
    Other Highlites:
    1) Severed Hand (great tune)
    2) In Hiding (one of my favourites)
    3) RVM - (the jam to end the first set in RVM is awesome.)
    4) Light Years (kid we met from South Chile in line who called in sick to go to the show wanted it)
    5) Mother (it was awesome and made my wife's night)
    6) Alive (crowd was really great again and the tune is just as powerful now)

And to top it off, a bunch of Chileans exciting the Stadium through the Escape tunnel started an impromptu rendition of the Wall by Pink Floyd. Made us smile.

Thanks to everyone from Santiago and Chile for a great few days and making another memorable PJ concert for us. I cannot understand anyone being disappointed with that show, but to each their own. You buy a ticket, you have a right to bitch. Keep on Rockin in the Free World! (Highlite #7, hearing PJ cover a Canadian's song in Chile :smiley: )

Nice to see some Canadians making it down there to catch a show. Jealous. :)
    "Your light's reflected now, reflected from afar. We were but stones, your light made us stars."
  • That crowd looked massive. Anyone know the attendance?

We were staying at a B&B here in Santiago. The owner (Andres a really nice guy who lived in Vancouver during the Olympic year) said the news was expecting a crowd of 60,000.
    The young guy we met said it was 18,000 in GA alone :smiley:
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    We had really great time
    Great mood
    .great crowd
    We are a group
    .greece-usa-canada-uk-mexico-chile...we rock out all togethet..
    Imagine was really special...the lights and all
    Got some was really kick ass version
    Mike solo at black-pprch and even flow was the shit
    The thing is..i didnt givr a fuck for the show..
    The moat important for me was the people
    What a nice country..so happy..nice ..polite..helpfull .full of life people
    Every girl u meet .gived u a kiss as hello and try to help..great place to visit..i loved chile..need to return back!!
    Thank u chile to make me feel like home
    Ill never forget it..thamks

Ps....3 days to my dream show..to my holy grail place to see the band...
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • rrebernrrebern Chicago Posts: 69
    edited November 2015
    Yeah, we had such a great time tonight. Highlight for me was the GA crowd going apeshit during DTE, created a human wave that I think Eddie alluded to in his closing comments. This was my last night of almost a week in Chile and I love this country and its people. Will miss it and will definitely be back. On to Machu Picchu for the last leg of our vacation.

Dimi: I spotted you and the Greek flag during YLB, couldn't get a super clear pic but I'll post when my phone recharges.
    Post edited by rrebern on
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Loved the show tonight. To echo the comments this was the biggest crowd I have been a part of outside of festival shows. Imagine was really great with all of the lights and the entire GA was rocking to Do the Evolution. We were about a quarter back in GA and our section was singing/dancing the whole night. The band was on fire and looked like they were having a lot of fun.

Corduroy had the slow bridge to it similar to the reworked London 2013 version.

It was nice to see some unfamiliar faces in the front row for a change. It in the states we can take the shows for granted and to be with people in Chile who probably get to see the band once or twice puts things in perspective.

Go got people jumping. I am not a fan of opening with several slow songs. One slow opener and then Bam! it should start rockin.

Very excited for Buenos Aires next,
    As for sold out
    At noon there was less than 100 tickets left
    And we are talking for 60.000 venue!!
    So..its was sold out
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    As for sold out
    At noon there was less than 100 tickets left
    And we are talking for 60.000 venue!!
    So..its was sold out
  • seykooooahseykooooah Istanbul Posts: 32
    edited November 2015
    In terms of music, my biggest dream is attending a concert in Chile. May be some day.
    My favorite band and my favorite crowd. I'm sure that was a fantastic night...
    Post edited by seykooooah on
    God Pearl Jam on you!

July 2, 2012 Prague.
  • Really envious.

Glad for the people that were there though.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • fmillan said:

What a sad post to this thread.
    Eddie has said that creating setlist for such big crouds, like the ones un SA represents a challenge.
    I guess if what you want are more 'rarities' you should go see them somewhere else.
    Having said that though, I think Light Years, Severed Hand, Imagine, Nothingman and the ones of LB, where great additions, I enjoyed them along with the rest, how can you not? It's Pearl Jam!!, in South América!!
    edited November 2015
    Ok, I used the wrong words. Of course I enjoyed the show. I love this band. I have attended the 5 shows in Santiago. I havent been blessed with seeing them in the States or Europe. I just felt that a lot of the filler songs (severed hand, go, got some, release, why go, etc) where the same than the 2013 show. Thats random I guess. I didnt mean to upset anybody. Peace!
    Post edited by fmillan on
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    fmillan said:

Ok, I used the wrong words. Of course I enjoyed the show. I love this band. I have attended the 5 shows in Santiago. I havent been blessed with seeing them in the States or Europe. I just felt that a lot of the filler songs (severed hand, go, got some, release, why go, etc) where the same than the 2013 show. Thats random I guess. I didnt mean to upset anybody. Peace!

:open_mouth:

What's non filler songs than?
    Ok you guys are right, If I wanted to listen to "Long Road" instead of "Release" for a third time I should see them somewhere else. Again, english is not my mother tongue and I chose my words poorly. I enjoyed the show and had a great time.
  • fmillan said:

Ok you guys are right, If I wanted to listen to "Long Road" instead of "Release" for a third time I should see them somewhere else. Again, english is not my mother tongue and I chose my words poorly. I enjoyed the show and had a great time.

No need to apologize or change your opinion just because for some people every single show is awesome and criticism is like blasphemy. if you are disappointed you are disappointed. I understand you hoping for some different songs.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    fmillan said:

Ok your off the hook..no worries!!' ;) I wasn't there..set looks pretty solid with the exception of the encore for me..I don't care for mother and imagine. I'm really hoping these aren't becoming staples in the sets. No biggy tho.

Dimi..so how many beautiful chilians did you kiss and where you greek enough to go home with any of them?? ;) glad your having fun Malaka!
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
    I know, just wanted to say that I enjoyed the show, my first post made it look like I didn't.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    fmillan said:

fmillan said:

You can't be serious.
    Why, because i expected over 30 songs and not to hear the same ones again? I said i am alone here
    U would have hated the 98 tour. 23-25 songs was standard its the perfect amount for a good paced show IMO
    I hear you. Probably listening all of this official bootlegs from 2013-2014 set my expectations a bit high in terms of setlists and lenght of the shows. Both Light Years and In Hiding were great additions and totally unexpected.
  • Two cool things from las night, that show the spirit of the band: Mike taking pictures with his polaroid, I think it was At the end of RITFW, and Eddie bowing literally at the crowd at the end of Alive ...
  • nycratsnycrats Posts: 1,348

fmillan said:

What a sad post to this thread.
    Eddie has said that creating setlist for such big crouds, like the ones un SA represents a challenge.
    I guess if what you want are more 'rarities' you should go see them somewhere else.
    Having said that though, I think Light Years, Severed Hand, Imagine, Nothingman and the ones of LB, where great additions, I enjoyed them along with the rest, how can you not? It's Pearl Jam!!, in South América!!
    its his/her opinion and they were at the show so they have the right to post. i dont think its fair to bash someone for their opinion because theyre not sprouting rainbows out of unicorns bholes.
    '98: Camden 1 '00: JB2 '03: MSG1 '04: Boston 1 '05: AC1
    '06: Irving Plaza, East Rutherford 1 & 2 '07: Lolla '08: Camden 2, MSG2, Beacon
    '09 :Philly 1 & 2 '10: Buffalo, Newark, MSG1, MSG2
    '11: PJ20 1 & 2 '12: Missoula '13: Wrigley, BK2, Philly 1 & 2, Hartford
    '14: Ams 1 & 2, Cincy, St Louis, Detroit, Moline '15: Central Park
    '16 Philly 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Toronto 1 & 2, Fenway 1, Wrigley 1
    '17 Brooklyn hall of fame ‘18 Fenway 1
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    their version of Mother is impossibly good. My favourite cover of theirs. Lucky Santiago.
  • BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    The 35+ song set might be a thing of the past. 29 songs is still great...more then what other bands give...but we should all probably get used to it. Pretty hard to go over 30 when the show starts after 9PM.