Latin America Tour 2015 Updated

Comments

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

gndcd402 said:

Brazil tickets went down for us Americans because the real (Brazilian currency) went into freefall a few months back. Still averaging around $100 + fees though...

Yep..but when was for sale was 250$ per tix...
    10c members had discount
    But for the rest is crazy expensivr especially for locals
    I was lucky..my friend bought for me that time was 600 euros the cost for brazil shows
    When i pay her she got her money in brazil money what ahe paid for bu for me was like 480 cos of the drop
    Wow that's a lot of money!! Have fun and be safe bud.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    Loco Argentinas, los Griegos vienen..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    edited October 2015
    Hey guys, I need two bus tickets from BA to La Plata and back as well. Departure early in the morning would be great. Please let me know how it works.
    Post edited by jaykay20 on
  • weezweez Brooklyn, NY Posts: 11
    One more here looking for transportation from BA to La Plata. If anyone is organizing please let me know!
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    jaykay20 said:

Hey guys, I need two bus tickets from BA to La Plata and back as well. Departure early in the morning would be great. Please let me know how it works.

me to, me to ... need 4 bus tickets
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • My wife and I are also interested in transportation to Buenos Aires show
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    weez said:

One more here looking for transportation from BA to La Plata. If anyone is organizing please let me know!

vest71 said:

jaykay20 said:

me to, me to ... need 4 bus tickets
    asinensky said:

My wife and I are also interested in transportation to Buenos Aires show

Please, drop me a pm with your email. I will ask the girls who manages my bus if there are seats available...
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
  • TS28928TS28928 Posts: 13
    Don't know if this has been asked before but
    After the show in Santiago, if the Metro has stopped running, how would you get back to the hotel in the Las Condes area? Are there lots of taxis, buses? Is it safe to walk back if there is no public transportation?

Also does anyone have any idea how merch sales will be handled in SA?
    Anything the day before the show? Only at the stadiums?
  • Ince.esInce.es BCN - Spain Posts: 306
    We have two seats in our bus to La Plata!! Anyone interested??
    Hey Foxymophandlemama, That's Me -> Stupid Mop -> Estúpida Fregona -> www.estupidafregona.net
  • TS28928 said:

After the show in Santiago, if the Metro has stopped running, how would you get back to the hotel in the Las Condes area? Are there lots of taxis, buses? Is it safe to walk back if there is no public transportation?

I`ve been wondering the same thing, perhaps some locals can help us??

BTW, I checked the weather forecast, and what up until yesterday were a rainy nov 4th in Santiago and also a rainy Nov 7th in Buenos Aires, today are sunny and partly cloudy, respectively, fingers cross :prayer:
  • I posted something about transportation in Santiago on another thread, but I don't know the surrounding area of the venue:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5959880#Comment_5959880
    TS28928 said:

The Metro will be closed for sure by the end of the show. You can take a taxi or a bus (micro). I wouldn't advise walking back, and I would try to always wait for a taxi or bus at night within a group, not by yourself.

I have no idea about the merch sales, so if anyone knows, please let us know!
  • I posted something about transportation in Santiago on another thread, but I don't know the surrounding area of the venue:
    http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/comment/5959880#Comment_5959880

TS28928 said:

The Metro will be closed for sure by the end of the show. You can take a taxi or a bus (micro). I wouldn't advise walking back, and I would try to always wait for a taxi or bus at night within a group, not by yourself.

I have no idea about the merch sales, so if anyone knows, please let us know!
    Thank you very much for the info!
    How late do the buses run?
    Do taxis make pick ups from anywhere around the stadium or just a certain side??
    50 000 people looking for taxis after a show does not sound promising

• Thank you very much for the info!

Hope it helps!
  • CountingStepsCountingSteps Posts: 373
    edited October 2015
    TS28928 said:

Do taxis make pick ups from anywhere around the stadium or just a certain side??

Buses run all night, but are less frequent than during the day. I wouldn't hail for a taxi right next to the stadium. I think I would walk a little following the flow of people and hail for one once it is less crowded. Anyway, I think the best is to go to the pre party and form a group, and share information with other locals, who I'm sure will know more than me :tongue:

If you are arriving the day of the show or can't go to the pre party, my guess would be to just try and make friends with the people around you during the show, and ask for their help when it's over. Or you can ask here the day of the show if those who could go to the pre party have a plan or more useful information.

Sorry, that's all that comes to mind, but it's just common sense, really. We could certainly use some help from other chilenos buena onda out there!

(FOR CHILEAN JAMMERS: Si no le pegan mucho al inglés pero saben más sobre la locomoción después del show, pueden mandarme un mensaje y yo lo traduzco :wink: )
  • dcarlsonpjdcarlsonpj Minneapolis Posts: 55
    Does Uber exist in Brazil?

TS28928 said:

Buses run all night, but are less frequent than during the day. I wouldn't hail for a taxi right next to the stadium. I think I would walk a little following the flow of people and hail for one once it is less crowded. Anyway, I think the best is to go to the pre party and form a group, and share information with other locals, who I'm sure will know more than me :tongue:

If you are arriving the day of the show or can't go to the pre party, my guess would be to just try and make friends with the people around you during the show, and ask for their help when it's over. Or you can ask here the day of the show if those who could go to the pre party have a plan or more useful information.

Sorry, that's all that comes to mind, but it's just common sense, really. We could certainly use some help from other chilenos buena onda out there!

(FOR CHILEAN JAMMERS: Si no le pegan mucho al inglés pero saben más sobre la locomoción después del show, pueden mandarme un mensaje y yo lo traduzco :wink: )
    Thanks for your comments
    Every little bit helps

We are running into the same problem in Porto Alegre how to get back to the hotel
    after the show
    We are staying in La Plata after that show, but I still wonder if we can walk the 2 K back to
    our hotel safely?
    Are there any 10 C members staying at Hotel Rugendas in Santiago for the show?
    Maybe we can form a group to get a way back to the hotel after the show?
  • dimitrispearljamdimitrispearljam NINUNINOPRO Posts: 139,136
    Cant fuxkin wait!!
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
    So close..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

A friend from chile sent me this and wish me to have a good tour
    Hahhahahahhaahhahahh

“..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • lizabelle1217lizabelle1217 Central Jersey Posts: 222
    edited October 2015
    Looks like about a 50 minute walk for us back to the AirB&B place we're staying at in Santiago, so if there aren't any taxis or buses, we can always walk.
    I'm assuming it's safe to do so....? Hate to ask that question, but you never know what you don't know!
    Post edited by lizabelle1217 on
  • vest71vest71 Posts: 239
    we were in Santiago 2013 for the Lolla show and i think the number of people were in around 45k maybe more .. and we couldn't get a cab ( or beer ) near the concert place but it was also located more central so we walked a bit (actually trying to get away from all the other trying to get a cab ) but we ended up walking quite long until we got a cab .. so remember if you want a cab be a small group max 4 ... and keep safe
    Burn my eyes and try to blind me
    Bury me so they won't find me
    Try to suck my power empty
    Got no crown of thorns on me
  • Looks like about a 50 minute walk for us back to the AirB&B place we're staying at in Santiago, so if there aren't any taxis or buses, we can always walk.
    I'm assuming it's safe to do so....? Hate to ask that question, but you never know what you don't know!

It's a fair question, and no, I wouldn't advise you to walk back. Just enough to get out of the crowd and grab a cab, as vest71 said, but not too much so it gets lonely.
    vest71 said:

we were in Santiago 2013 for the Lolla show and i think the number of people were in around 45k maybe more .. and we couldn't get a cab ( or beer ) near the concert place but it was also located more central so we walked a bit (actually trying to get away from all the other trying to get a cab ) but we ended up walking quite long until we got a cab .. so remember if you want a cab be a small group max 4 ... and keep safe

I really think this is the way to go, although I don't have a plan yet :tongue:
  • jaykay20jaykay20 Mannheim, Germany Posts: 379
    edited October 2015
    Serously, is there any other safe possibility than renting a bus, if I want to get from anywhere in Buenos Aires to the La Plata stadion and back? What about public buses (colectivos linea 129 and 195?) or taxi? I know that train doesn't work. How much would a taxi cost and can somebody show me a schedule of departure of the colectivos, please? I don't find any...
    Post edited by jaykay20 on
  • o baguio vai fik loko a partir de terça
    PJ São Paulo 11-03-2011
    PJ São Paulo 03-31-2013
    EV São Paulo 05- 07 & 08 -2014
    EV Rio de Janeiro 05-11- 2014
    PJ Santiago 11-04-2015
    PJ Buenos Aires 11-07-2015
    PJ Porto Alegre 11-11-2015
    PJ São Paulo 11-14-2015
    PJ Brasília 11-17-2015
    PJ Belo Horizonte 11-20-2015
    PJ Rio de Janeiro 11-22-2015
    PJ Bogotá 11-25-2015
    PJ Mexico City 11-28-2015
    PJ Philadelphia/Wells Fargo 04- 28 & 29 -2016
    PJ New York/MSG 05-01 & 02 -2016
    PJ Chicago/Wrigley 08- 20 & 22 -2016
    PJ São Paulo/Lolla 2018
    PJ Rio de Janeiro/Maracanã 2018
    PJ Zurich/Hallenstadion 2022
    PJ Imola/Autodromo Internazionale Enzo e Dino Ferrari 2022
    PJ Frankfurt/Festhalle 2022
    Athens..:)
    Safe travel dimi..
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.