Options

Brazil Hotel Advice

Hi fellow PJ friends.

I'll be traveling to Brazil from Boston in November for all 5 of the shows. And I am looking for some advice on Hotel options for all 5 of the cities. I'd like something close to the venue, or where other PJ fans are staying. But I'm also willing to go further out as long as there is good public transportation that would make getting to the show and back to the hotel after the show easy.

Thanks!
-Chris
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.

Comments

• Options
    Extremely jealous. Went for Lollapalooza Brasil couple years back, and wish I could make it this year.

Rio - I would not suggest staying by Maracana, while it will be convenient for the concert, you'll find yourself commuting to other areas of the city for the rest of your trip. You'll get so much more out of the city if you stay closer to ipanema or copacabana. I stayed at the Windsor Martinique Hotel in copa, decently priced and about a 10 minute walk to the General Osorio metro station (think train stops running at midnight, so will be easy to get to concert, tight coming back, but with the exchange rate, a cab will only be $20-30 max). Highly recommend Venga! in leblon, great brazillian tapas joint.

Sao Paulo - never made it over near the stadium but the buses are great and should get you anywhere within 30-45 minutes. Would recommend anywhere on the East side of the river near the Estacao Berrini (~45 minute walk from stadium) or Estacao Cidae Jardim stations. There is a radisson and hilton right over there that might be good bets, and probably run ~$100/night or less. Dont leave sao paulo without going to the mercado and getting a mortadella sandwich and tasting some rain forrest fruits from the market. Also, check out Bacio de latee for some damn good gelato made with amazonian fruits and berries.

for the other cities, i would recommend checking out Brazil Nuts travel agency. I stayed at two small rinky dink towns along the coast between Rio and SP and they hooked me up on some real nice, cheap and quaint Pousadas for less than $40/night. no way i would have found them on my own.

Dallas '03, ACL '09, PJ20, Lollapalooza Brazil '13, Wrigley '13, Dallas '13, ACL '14, Milwaukee '14, Bonnaroo '16, Wrigley '16, Nashville '22
  • Options
    Wow, Thanks for all the input!!

-Chris
    When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will know peace.