Chris Cornell on XM- was AWESOME

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
CC had a nice discussion/live session on Lithium today, played some new stuff from his album and old stuff, a amazing story and cover of Nothing Compares to You- I never knew Prince wrote that song Sinead made famous!

He sounded great, had a cello and mandolin accompanying his acoustic.

Comments

• SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,164
    Chris gives stellar interviews. I went to see him at a TimesTalks event a few years ago in NYC and he speaks without hesitation and is so articulate and thoughtful. And good with details. Amazing.
  • We only heard the last part of it. Would love to hear all of it. I admit that I did not know that Prince wrote Nothing Compares to you.
    The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way it treats its animals. Ghandi
  • jamburgerjamburger Posts: 1,775
    It's "Nothing Compares 2 U" and that should have been the clue ;)
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    I signed up just to hear and record this. Amazing! Can;t wait for the shows.

01 Josephine
    02 Nearly Forgot My Broken Heart
    03 Like a Stone
    04 Fell on Black Days
    05 Nothing Compares 2 U

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    Heard this today on Sirius, and it really was good. His voice is as strong as ever, and the songs sounded great accompanied by the strings.
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    That's awesome. Such an incredible voice.
  • Wma31394Wma31394 Posts: 3,045
    hrd2imgn said:

CC had a nice discussion/live session on Lithium today, played some new stuff from his album and old stuff, a amazing story and cover of Nothing Compares to You- I never knew Prince wrote that song Sinead made famous!

He sounded great, had a cello and mandolin accompanying his acoustic.

Yep my friend just sent me the vid earlier.. Fantastic! I thought it was a Sinead song as well.
    "Going where the water tastes like wine!"
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Might be THE best
    www.cluthelee.com