Options

Vinyl Help!!!! pt. II

Please help!!
I recently purchased original presses of No Code and Yield from a friend of friend who was selling them from his record shop.
On the phone he told me that both vinyls were "mint" so I bought them at $150 each.
Upon arriving in the mail I was very disappointed as it became immediately clear that the condition
of each jacket was not mint but actually "worn".

No Code: slight tears and wear in the spine, undone glue on polaroid sleave, ripping at the bottom of the vinyl sleeve...
Yield: a wear ring on both sides of the jacket, bent corner, chipping of the jacket on top and spine...

I am requesting that a fair price of the original cost be reimbursed based on the conditions,
and if this cannot be done I will be asking for a full refund.

PJ Community: What would be a fair asking price for these base on their condition?
(Also, I have the pictures on my computer, how can I upload them to the thread?) THANK YOU FOR YOUR HELP!!!

Comments

• Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    Look on the sales history on Discogs and you can see what copies are going for. Each sale has a description of the condition. For example,

http://www.discogs.com/sell/history/2252795
  • Options
    skinnyportageeskinnyportagee Texas Posts: 145
    BTW, I saw a No Code at the Austin Record Convention not too long ago for $100 and the sleeve was in similar condition. It was pretty beat up.
  • Options
    JB23237JB23237 Posts: 1,372
    I'd say 100 a piece would be fair
    Alpine Valley East Troy WI 1998...United Center Chicago IL1998...All State Arena Rosemont IL 2000 (anybody have a spare poster)
    United Center Chicago IL 2003...Alpine Valley East Troy WI 2003...Toledo OH 2004...Marcus Amphitheater Milwaukee WI 2006
    United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 2 2008...United Center Chicago IL Nite 1 2009
    PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 1 2011...PJ20 East Troy WI Nite 2 2011...Wrigley Field Chicago IL 2013...iWireless Center Moline IL 2014
    Bradley Center Milwaukee WI 2014...EV Auditorium Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2008...EV Chicago Theatre Chicago IL Nite 1 2011
    EV w/ PT celebrating the Who Rosemont Theatre Rosemont IL 2015
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    Another tip: The plural of vinyl is not vinyls. It's records. Or LPs. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    branscopbranscop Posts: 1,181
    I thought it was vyni
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,865
    how are the records, that is what matters most?
  • Options
    junghirejunghire Posts: 25
    PJ_Soul said:

Another tip: The plural of vinyl is not vinyls. It's records. Or LPs. ;)

Thanks for the tip! haha
  • Options
    hrd2imgn said:

There's minor scratches on them, but they seem to play just fine.
    My biggest issue was that they were misrepresented, being told that they were 'mint', just to have them arrive in this condition.
  • Options
    Any other thoughts???
    I should be asking for about $100 for each of these then?
  • Options
    ikiTikiT USA Posts: 11,007
    edited August 2015
    you don't play the jackets.
    it's "Paper" help you need.
    Post edited by ikiT on
    Bristow 05132010 to Amsterdam 2 06132018
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2015
    junghire said:

hrd2imgn said:

There's minor scratches on them, but they seem to play just fine.
    My biggest issue was that they were misrepresented, being told that they were 'mint', just to have them arrive in this condition.
    Yeah, that's really bad. From the photos and what you've said they are no better than VG+. Just VG for the jackets. The price difference between M or NM and VG or VG+ is massive. $150 for mint would have been a really good deal anyway though, especially for No Code. If they play perfectly, I think $125 for each would be a good price, but of course get it as low as the seller is willing to go (if he's willing at all.... didn't you say this was this was a friend though?? What kind of friend would do this???).
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata