Options

Anyone feel like an old hippie?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sprunkn7Sprunkn7 Posts: 5,277
    Hippies are not in dire need of soap. Now Wooks on the other hand....hehe
    Thank you fellow 10 clubber for saving my ass....again!!!
  • Options
    DischordVisionDischordVision SEAttle by way of WNY Posts: 532
    to a lot of people PJ sounds like a hippie jam band if you didn't know who they are.
    I'm glad they're not and have never been since I completely agree w/ the statement-
    Jerry's dead.
    Phish sucks.
    Get a job.
    same goes for Widespread Panic, Gov't Drool...
    jam bands and their fans isn't what music should be to me.
    U.S. / Canada Buffalo 1996 Barrie Ontario 1998 Saratoga Springs 2000 Toronto Ontario 2000 Albany 2003 Toronto Ontario 2003 Buffalo 2003 Toronto Ontario 2005 Toledo 2004 London Ontario 2005 Seattle 2009 Vancouver B.C. 2011 Seattle 2013
  • Options
    ouch I love Panic
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Global Citizen much, lately?
  • Options
    im excited. shoot me
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,543

to a lot of people PJ sounds like a hippie jam band if you didn't know who they are.
    I'm glad they're not and have never been since I completely agree w/ the statement-
    Jerry's dead.
    Phish sucks.
    Get a job.

You forgot.....

Take a shower
    Brush your hair
    Wash your clothes
    Put on some shoes
  • Options
    spearheadspearhead Posts: 600
    I'm proud to be a hippie but I'm only 62 so I'm not old, just smarter
    I was alone and far away when I heard the band start playing!

...I was always a DeadHead, but when I first heard Winston Rodney, aka the Burning Spear, sing, I became a SpearHead too!
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Sarah said:

Old yes, hippie no.

Hiya, sweets :)

I shall refer you to In Hiding - "it's all state of mind"...but body too, dammit! Life catches up, nudges us, even shoves us hard, in the best, oddest and sometimes worst ways, but it's actually OK, because it's life.

(one of my beloved turn-to's, and sorry the link needs an additional click. It puts my own petty bullshit in perspective...and makes me miss the hell out of my dad)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q0EcNdM79sA

PS - I'm saying hello to fifty next week and while I don't necessarily feel old, I did have to scroll through the entire thread to confirm I'd previously posted in it =)
  • Options
    MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,485
    SD48277 said:

Nah...I still feel like a young punk.

old (school) punk for me
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
  • Options
    moretonbayfigmoretonbayfig Australia Posts: 805
    Riot grrrl matured into 30-something ecological humanist/postmodern feminist ;D

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,296

Jerry's dead.
    Phish sucks.
    Get a job.

That is the most absurd statement ever , music is anything & everything an individual chooses to make of it ....talk about closed minded individual
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,717
    Gonna be 64 in a few weeks. Am I an old hippie? Naw. The older I get the more punk I feel. Keeps me going.

Jam Econo!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    guacamolejoeguacamolejoe Posts: 2,396

Jerry's dead.
    Phish sucks.
    Get a job.

That is the most absurd statement ever , music is anything & everything an individual chooses to make of it ....talk about closed minded individual
    Agree Jose. Now back to my "hippie speedball" .........coffee & a bowl, lol.
    So, What you Giving ?........ (Thanks Speedy, Alesek, & Arq+friends)
    What You Giving

I suggest you step out on your Porch.
    Run away my son. See it all. Oh, See the World!
  • Options
    wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346

Jerry's dead.
    Phish sucks.
    Get a job.

He does say it isn't what music should be to him. It's not like he's saying you have to agree with him.

I don't like rap, hip hop, R&B, country music, it's just terrible to me. It doesn’t make me close minded, it’s just not for me.
    NYPJ
  • Options
    buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Time to warm this up - What you are going to Florida to see Pearl Jam and then again to Chicago in the summer - why would you do that? Questions from a$$hole relatives. Notice - my friends would never ask me questions like that :hang_loose:
  • Options
    the hippies are moving to orgeon for the win
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    edited November 2020
    Count me in too. Mandrax, us bongs, picked my own mushrooms, Schlitz malt liquor, tickled pink, MD 2020 (threw up purple), Window Payne, mexican dirt weed for 10.00 and oz, Anyone have a lid?, blotter, 58 and life is great. Glad to be here with you all! Peace 

I attend a christian summer camp in the 70's, so I did acid Imagine sitting around at night by a campfire playing guitar and people talking about god.  I had issues containing my laughter at the wrong times. Made all these noises trying not to burst out laughing. I stayed up all night listening to 70's music while they slept. I orgainized a pany raid, and that did not go over to well. I came home and bought all these weird clothes.Btw, the camp was located in La Grange Texas. Love that song. Have mercy indeed. 

Rumour spreadin' 'round
    In that Texas town
    About that shack outside La Grange
    And you know what I'm talkin' about
    Just let me know if you wanna go
    To that home out on the range
    They got a lot of nice girls
    Have mercy
    A haw, haw, haw, haw, a haw
    A haw, haw, haw
    Well, I hear it's fine
    If you got the time
    And the ten to get yourself in
    A hmm, hmm
    And I hear it's tight
    Most ev'ry night
    But now I might be mistaken
    Hmm, hmm, hmm
    Have mercy
    Post edited by densan on
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,784
    Holy flashback!!^^sounds crazy.